Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,509 members, 7,819,839 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:19 AM

My Response To "Padlock Wey Many Keys Dey Open Is Very Very Useless" - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Response To "Padlock Wey Many Keys Dey Open Is Very Very Useless" (3567 Views)

My Response To The Guy Dating A Single Mother / Nigerian Women Are Very Useless And Dull / See What A Lady Sent To Me & My Response (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Response To "Padlock Wey Many Keys Dey Open Is Very Very Useless" by tintingz(m): 11:38am On May 20, 2019
There is a thread where a lady talked about women having multiple husbands.

Here's what she said,

"If a man can have 4 wives and they can cohabit in the same house,what is stopping a woman from having 4 husbands and they all live together? "
Source

Yes, this statement is logical and even supported biologically, both men and women are polygamous and as well monogamous, in some society like India there are women having multiple husbands(polyandry).

The reason polygamy doesn't favor women much is when it comes to giving birth, which means the husbands will have to wait for her to heal from the childbirth before having sex. But when it comes to urge to have sex women crave for it just like men, they can have multiple partners just like some men do, we have read how some girls cheats on their boyfriends, how a wife cheat on her husband.

Now what I find nonsensical in this thread is the comments from some people.

Like this comment,

IamD18:
Padlock wey many keys dey open is very very useless, but key wey dey open many padlocks will always be seen as a master key.

Use your head!

I find this nonsensical and bias, comparing a conscious human to an inanimate objects is illogical in some ways, you may ask what then is the use of "personification", before you use this term you have to see how it fit in with human nature or it will result to absurdity.

A padlock is meant to keep others out, that's the purpose of a padlock, it's for security purpose, applying this logic is like saying the vagina should be locked meaning women shouldn't be having sex, if we assume this, then the key and padlock analogy is valid, but the question is why do you think women shouldn't be having sex?

Now to respond to that analogy again,

IamD18:
Padlock wey many keys dey open is very very useless...

When you buy a padlock it comes or are design with multiple keys like 4, 5, 6 keys, this makes the padlock useful and safe but when a padlock has just one key, I mean just one, that makes the lock useless, it's not safe to have just one key for a padlock, it's shítty.

Now to the second part,

IamD18:
but key wey dey open many padlocks will always be seen as a master key.

Did you consider some other analogy that counter this men bias analogy? The "Master key"?

From the women bias analogy,

"If a pencil has been in loads of pencil-sharpeners, it’s probably a short pencil that wears out really quickly and should be thrown away! But if a pencil-sharpener has sharpened lots of pencils, it must be a pretty good pencil-sharpener."

"A man who can ride any horse is a cowboy; a horse anyone can ride is a good horse."

There are many analogy that's bias towards the women and support their usefulness of having multiple partners.

This thread is to point out the bias and absurdity in these analogies, we should quit using these analogies, it's nonsensical and old school.

22 Likes 10 Shares

Re: My Response To "Padlock Wey Many Keys Dey Open Is Very Very Useless" by Jentle244: 11:45am On May 20, 2019
So all this full textbook for one comment someone made.

u could have just jump and pass

but u are pained by that comment I feel u.

if the woman wants to have four husband's she should migrate to India where it is allowed.

Because the last time I checked Nigeria(s) don't practice polyandry.

6 Likes

Re: My Response To "Padlock Wey Many Keys Dey Open Is Very Very Useless" by vonlogon: 11:47am On May 20, 2019
Wow! These nairalanders have really pissed you off.

1 Like

Re: My Response To "Padlock Wey Many Keys Dey Open Is Very Very Useless" by Nobody: 11:49am On May 20, 2019
A grammatically well composed speech doesn't make it a right one.

That's what is wrong with all those analogies.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Response To "Padlock Wey Many Keys Dey Open Is Very Very Useless" by Nobody: 11:53am On May 20, 2019
Jentle244:

if the woman wants to have four husband's she should migrate to India where it is allowed.

In Northern Nigeria, the Irigwe tribe practice it.

2 Likes

Re: My Response To "Padlock Wey Many Keys Dey Open Is Very Very Useless" by nuggarito: 11:56am On May 20, 2019
If you like pour hot water for your blokos, polyandry is by far useless and can't work in an African society.

We are saying the male population is now at 2.2 billion in which single men are up to a billion while women are 5.6 billion, and you are here wanking off over some stupid culture that worked in a country that don't have toilets.

1 Like

Re: My Response To "Padlock Wey Many Keys Dey Open Is Very Very Useless" by digitalgeorgy(m): 11:59am On May 20, 2019
OP. why u mumu like this? are u in any way trying to apply to be one of her husbands??

2 Likes

Re: My Response To "Padlock Wey Many Keys Dey Open Is Very Very Useless" by tintingz(m): 12:12pm On May 20, 2019
Jentle244:

Yes I'm pained I share same planet with morons.

I'm pained seeing nonsense.

Polygamy is not even generally recognized in Nigeria law, and yes some community in Nigeria practice polyandry.

Polygamy is practiced daily by both male and female.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Response To "Padlock Wey Many Keys Dey Open Is Very Very Useless" by tintingz(m): 12:14pm On May 20, 2019
vonlogon:
Wow! These nairalanders have really pissed you off.
I can't just take the nonsense in that thread.

5 Likes

Re: My Response To "Padlock Wey Many Keys Dey Open Is Very Very Useless" by tintingz(m): 12:16pm On May 20, 2019
Thoniameek:
A grammatically well composed speech doesn't make it a right one.

That's what is wrong with all those analogies.
The analogies are just absurd.

5 Likes

Re: My Response To "Padlock Wey Many Keys Dey Open Is Very Very Useless" by tintingz(m): 12:22pm On May 20, 2019
nuggarito:
If you like pour hot water for your blokos, polyandry is by far useless and can't work in an African society.
It does on daily basis.

We are saying the male population is now at 2.2 billion in which single men are up to a billion while women are 5.6 billion, and you are here wanking off over some stupid culture that worked in a country that don't have toilets.
False, male population is more than female in Nigeria.

https://countrymeters.info/en/Nigeria

In the world it's like 50/50.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Response To "Padlock Wey Many Keys Dey Open Is Very Very Useless" by IANAGI(m): 12:30pm On May 20, 2019
Like all this nonsense write up because of a "Metaphor".

This OP is a very anyhow person sha....

We all entitled to our opinions

1 Like

Re: My Response To "Padlock Wey Many Keys Dey Open Is Very Very Useless" by tintingz(m): 12:33pm On May 20, 2019
IANAGI:
Like all this nonsense write up because of a "Metaphor".

This OP is a very anyhow person sha....

We all entitled to our opinions
It's a nonsensical metaphor.

3 Likes

Re: My Response To "Padlock Wey Many Keys Dey Open Is Very Very Useless" by Nobody: 1:52pm On May 20, 2019
tintingz:

Here's what she said,

Source

Yes, this statement is logical and even supported biologically, both men and women are polygamous and as well monogamous, in some society like India there are women having multiple husbands(polyandry).

The reason polygamy doesn't favor women much is when it comes to giving birth, which means the husbands will have to wait for her to heal from the childbirth before having sex. But when it comes to urge to have sex women crave for it just like men, they can have multiple partners just like some men do, we have read how some girls cheats on their boyfriends, how a wife cheat on her husband.

Like this comment,

I find this nonsensical and bias, comparing a conscious human to an inanimate objects is illogical in some ways, you may ask what then is use of "personification", before you use this term you have to see how it fit in with human nature or it will result to absurdity.

A padlock is meant to keep others out, that's the purpose of a padlock, it's for security purpose, applying this logic is like saying the vaginal should be locked meaning women shouldn't be having sex, if we assume this, then the key and padlock analogy is valid, but the question is why do you think women shouldn't be having sex?

When you buy a padlock it comes or are design with multiple keys like 4, 5, 6 keys, this makes the padlock useful and safe but when a padlock has just one key, I mean just one, that makes the lock useless, it's not safe to have just one key for a padlock, it's shítty.

Now to the second part,

Did you consider some other analogy that counter this men bias analogy? The "Master key"?

"If a pencil has been in loads of pencil-sharpeners, it’s probably a short pencil that wears out really quickly and should be thrown away! But if a pencil-sharpener has sharpened lots of pencils, it must be a pretty good pencil-sharpener."

"A man who can ride any horse is a cowboy; a horse anyone can ride is a good horse."

There are many analogy that's bias towards the women and support their usefulness of having multiple partners.

This thread is to point out the bias and absurdity in these analogies, we should quit using these analogies, it's nonsensical and old school.
Rubbish

2 Likes

Re: My Response To "Padlock Wey Many Keys Dey Open Is Very Very Useless" by lobell: 2:52pm On May 20, 2019
OP it is Vagina not Vaginal please.
Re: My Response To "Padlock Wey Many Keys Dey Open Is Very Very Useless" by tintingz(m): 3:39pm On May 20, 2019
lobell:
OP it is Vagina not Vaginal please.
Thanks, my mistake.
Re: My Response To "Padlock Wey Many Keys Dey Open Is Very Very Useless" by Nobody: 4:38pm On May 20, 2019
tintingz:

Here's what she said,

Source

Like this comment,

I find this nonsensical and bias, comparing a conscious human to an inanimate objects is illogical in some ways, you may ask what then is use of "personification", before you use this term you have to see how it fit in with human nature or it will result to absurdity.

A padlock is meant to keep others out, that's the purpose of a padlock, it's for security purpose, applying this logic is like saying the vagina should be locked meaning women shouldn't be having sex, if we assume this, then the key and padlock analogy is valid, but the question is why do you think women shouldn't be having sex?

Now to the second part,

It is just an analogy. Stop stressing yourself. Polyandryis not legally acceptable in Nigeria..

1 Like

Re: My Response To "Padlock Wey Many Keys Dey Open Is Very Very Useless" by Thalinzrcng: 5:11pm On May 20, 2019
Op. U stress too much. I pray you do not develop an aneurysm over trivia and satire, my friend.
Re: My Response To "Padlock Wey Many Keys Dey Open Is Very Very Useless" by TimiRume(f): 5:35pm On May 20, 2019
Op thank you for pointing out that very stup1d analogy that is being peddled on this forum. And you did very well analysing every point of it. Sometimes i ask myself do people really believe that? like are people that dumb? It never made sense to me how a woman would be likened to an object as padlock and a man to a key, and we have to swallow it bukum because its a ''wise saying'' conjoined by a fool of a sexist?

I refuse to be a part of this degeneracy that has befallen our society. To think we will get to this point where i'ld say we are in a mess. If men are lost and fallen, where is the hope for women and children? If men who are supposed to be the major pillars of a moral society are the very ones to drag it down, then we are a hopeless generation. Let us then live as we want and say what we want for we are miserable animals.

4 Likes

Re: My Response To "Padlock Wey Many Keys Dey Open Is Very Very Useless" by Nobody: 6:03pm On May 20, 2019
Smh.... Manginas....
Re: My Response To "Padlock Wey Many Keys Dey Open Is Very Very Useless" by oglalasioux(m): 6:18pm On May 20, 2019
Very deep analysis.

Sexual liberation is the path to sanity of our societies.

1 Like

Re: My Response To "Padlock Wey Many Keys Dey Open Is Very Very Useless" by LordReed(m): 6:23pm On May 20, 2019
The problem with trite analogies is that they forget the nuances of the the situation they are trying to illustrate. People are not keys and padlocks, they are as complicated and varied as the number of people there are.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Response To "Padlock Wey Many Keys Dey Open Is Very Very Useless" by Nobody: 11:41pm On May 21, 2019
Mission accomplished. It's cool!
Re: My Response To "Padlock Wey Many Keys Dey Open Is Very Very Useless" by Nobody: 4:25am On May 22, 2019
A very cool metaphor you're trying to redicule with your gross varbose

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Response To "Padlock Wey Many Keys Dey Open Is Very Very Useless" by derrydinny: 5:55am On May 22, 2019
In nepal where some women have more than one husband, it is usually not out of their own choice, they are made to marry brothers from same family and they don't even like it
Re: My Response To "Padlock Wey Many Keys Dey Open Is Very Very Useless" by tintingz(m): 8:45am On May 22, 2019
modestbrowser:
A very cool metaphor you're trying to redicule with your gross varbose
Tell us why it's a very cool metaphor?

1 Like

Re: My Response To "Padlock Wey Many Keys Dey Open Is Very Very Useless" by Nobody: 8:54am On May 22, 2019
tintingz:
Tell us why it's a very cool metaphor?
Cox you'd never marry a woman who sleeps around no matter how rich she izz.
But would gladly allow your sister marry a man like dangote no matter how much he sleeps around
Re: My Response To "Padlock Wey Many Keys Dey Open Is Very Very Useless" by tintingz(m): 8:55am On May 22, 2019
derrydinny:
In nepal where some women have more than one husband, it is usually not out of their own choice, they are made to marry brothers from same family and they don't even like it
This is bias.

In the Muslim world many women are married without their consent (forced marriage), what exactly is your argument?

Most women don't even like polygamy, they don't like sharing their men, ask any woman.

2 Likes

Re: My Response To "Padlock Wey Many Keys Dey Open Is Very Very Useless" by tintingz(m): 9:05am On May 22, 2019
modestbrowser:

Cox you'd never marry a woman who sleeps around no matter how rich she izz.
Lol, what can I do if the woman is a billionaire? grin

Stop the sentiment oga.

But would gladly allow your sister marry a man like dangote no matter how much he sleeps around
Why did you give reference to a billionaire like dangote? Why not a farmer? Would you allow your sister to marry a farmer in a remote area?

3 Likes

Re: My Response To "Padlock Wey Many Keys Dey Open Is Very Very Useless" by Nobody: 9:29am On May 22, 2019
tintingz:
Lol, what can I do if the woman is a billionaire? grin

Stop the sentiment oga.

Why did you give reference to a billionaire like dangote? Why not a farmer? Would you allow your sister to marry a farmer in a remote area?
I was asking u a question... U didn't answer... And u want me to answer yours!!!
Not smart enough

1 Like

Re: My Response To "Padlock Wey Many Keys Dey Open Is Very Very Useless" by tintingz(m): 9:59am On May 22, 2019
modestbrowser:

I was asking u a question... U didn't answer... And u want me to answer yours!!!
Not smart enough
I cannot control my adult sister on what she wants, whether I allow her or not is irrelevant. Dangote is rich and wealthy Ofcos I will advice her to marry him if she want it but him sleeping around? I will warn her with the risk of STDs, I don't want my sister to be in pains because of money.

Go to a polygamy home and tell me if the wives actually likes sharing their man.

So, now answer my question, would you allow your sister to marry a polygamous farmer?

4 Likes

Re: My Response To "Padlock Wey Many Keys Dey Open Is Very Very Useless" by babyfaceafrica: 10:29am On May 22, 2019
you people take online opinions too serious....smh..you have time

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Gets Proposal Rejection On Newyear After Donating His Kidney To Her / If You Are In Your Twenties Or Have Passed Your Twenties, You Must’ve Noticed / Why Do Nigerian Men Do This??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.