Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,903 members, 7,821,144 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:54 AM

Mercedes Benz Thread - Car Talk (118) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Benz Thread (971230 Views)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / Mercedes Benz Releases Details On 9G Tronic Nine Speed Auto / The Life Cycle Of The Mercedes Benz ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) ... (547) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 7:56am On Jun 16, 2016
tearoses:

You guys and your toys sha
Grunt ke . . .What do you need 4 exhausts for nitori Olorun grin grin grin grin
Yes pls do go for colour black
I Love black cars and the way they gleam after a polish. So long as you promise to give your gf quality time and dont spend all of Saturday polishing the beast you can go for black grin
Not so sure about red on a Merc
Red Mercs look somehow to me so I'm with your gf on this one grin

Re the suspension, people have said that we need to drive it more
This is the problem
We only use the car max 40 days a year if at all
Everytime we get to the car its one thing or another cos its always parked during the year and only warmed once every 2 or 3 weeks
Warmed.....not driven.
Its a catch 22 situation
Give someone the key to drive it around from time to time but it may end up in a worse state.

Ive never understood why a car with low mileage will end up misbehaving due to lack of use
Couple of years ago the timing belt went on my BMW that had only done 50K miles
Engine totally caput
Engine replaced but it never really recovered so I had to flog it
Lack of use was blamed angry

Black it is then abeg I need the 4 exhaust for the mean look and the beasty sound.

German cars are daily drivers you can't afford to park them for so long. Hoping the paint job comes out cos its costing an arm and 2 legs should see pics tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 8:02am On Jun 16, 2016
cne010:

Black it is then abeg I need the 4 exhaust for the mean look and the beasty sound.

German cars are daily drivers you can't afford to park them for so long. Hoping the paint job comes out cos its costing an arm and 2 legs should see pics tomorrow.

Fingers crossed
Im sure you will love it
Just make sure they paint in a dust free environment
but they should know that

LOL@mean look
Boys and their toys grin
Enjoy your new ride

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 8:05am On Jun 16, 2016
tearoses:

Fingers crossed
Im sure you will love it

LOL@mean look
Boys and their toys grin
Enjoy your new ride

My Mechanic knows better I have OCD for things like that.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Readonee35L(m): 11:07pm On Jun 17, 2016
tearoses:

Fingers crossed
Im sure you will love it

LOL@mean look
Boys and their toys grin
Enjoy your new ride
Your c220 Diesel
Has airmatic suspension?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by kingreign(m): 7:53am On Jun 18, 2016
Readonee35L:

Your c220 Diesel
Has airmatic suspension?

Really in surprised. Cos I know merc don't do Airmatics for W20x series.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by nakantu: 9:31am On Jun 18, 2016
According to wikipedia Mercedes started offering Airmatic beginning with the W205 series. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercedes-Benz_C-Class_(W205)
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 9:40am On Jun 18, 2016
Readonee35L:

Your c220 Diesel
Has airmatic suspension?

I dont know whether the C220 has it or not, however the car I was referring to that had the air suspension problem is the E211 (hope I got the model right) does have it
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by jodeci01: 12:28pm On Jun 18, 2016
@ Oga Cne010, I read up your posts on Mb forum.... Have you retrofitted to the facelift steering on your W204?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Readonee35L(m): 7:04pm On Jun 18, 2016
kingreign:

Really in surprised. Cos I know merc don't do Airmatics for W20x series.
Well almost All Benz Models have air-suspensions on some particular Trims .
But they are limited to the V8 models only
The air suspension is only available on the Amg C63 of the w204.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Readonee35L(m): 7:05pm On Jun 18, 2016
tearoses:

I dont know whether the C220 has it or not, however the car I was referring to that had the air suspension problem is the E211 (hope I got the model right) does have it
E500 E550 or E55?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Jakumo(m): 7:30pm On Jun 18, 2016
Say, fellow Mercedes fanatics, has anyone ever set eyes on this particular model and vintage of Mercedes SL, called the Pagoda Roof Roadster, ANYWHERE in Nigeria ? I am posting this question here in the most heavily visited Mercedes thread, in the hopes that it will catch the eye of someone who just may know where one of these can be found.

These models date back to the years 1963 to 1971, and I am curious to hear from you folks from old money families in Nigeria, who may know where one of these particular models is lying in disrepair in someone's back yard, or even may be in a junkyard.

A reward of generous phone credit allocation, and even 7 non-virgins, awaits anyone that can direct my hunting dogs to the location where one of these old cars can be found, regardless of condition.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jun 18, 2016
jodeci01:
@ Oga Cne010, I read up your posts on Mb forum.... Have you retrofitted to the facelift steering on your W204?

I havent but i would do later you would need the steering and steering columns if not the steering wont light up. The steering swap going on mbworld.org for W204 is the W205 steering pretty expensive but looks bad ass.

I'm not in the country now when I get back next week I will do exhaust upgrade and im already saving for steering swap.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jun 18, 2016
Readonee35L:

E500 E550 or E55?

These are tough questions for someone who just goes from A to B embarassed
Does an E W211 make sense? It says 4 matic also somewhere
Oga Cne010 pls can you explain which model this is.

Anyway whatever it is, it has just been repaired and I cant count how many times I have heard the words, Sensor, strots? Is that the spelling), air matic pump in our house these past few weeks cool

BTW This is a different car to the C220
I trust this makes sense now, but if it doesn't, sorry I'm a lady cool
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Readonee35L(m): 10:42pm On Jun 18, 2016
tearoses:

Anyway whatever it is, it has just been repaired and I cant count how many times I have heard the words, Sensor, strots? Is that the spelling), air matic pump in our house these past few weeks cool

If its a w211 4matic .
Then its a E500
.because Amg are Rear wheel
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 10:50pm On Jun 18, 2016
tearoses:

4matic simply means All wheel drive. same as Quattro in audi. There is a 4matic version for almost every benz available.

Your car is a W211 E class might be E500 or E550. id your car was E55 it would have the 4 exhaust I showed you earlier
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 8:06am On Jun 19, 2016
Readonee35L:

If its a w211 4matic .
Then its a E500
.because Amg are Rear wheel

Okay, but I dont recall ever saying or even suggesting that it was an AMG though
Are you trying to show that you know your beans or are you trying to show that I don't know what I am talking about?
Not everyone is going to be a expert naw

Oga Cne Thanks for the clarification

My hubby is not a nairalander and I only came here really to seek help on repairing the car with the suspension problem and if anyone could recommend mechanic in Ibadan or Lagos. Its now been repaired so my mission here is over.

Hopefully neither of the cars will spring any other problems so no need for me to come back here cheesy

Thanks Cne. You have been helpful
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Readonee35L(m): 9:24am On Jun 19, 2016
tearoses:

Okay, but I dont recall ever saying or even suggesting that it was an AMG though
Are you trying to show that you know your beans or are you trying to show that I don't know what I am talking about?
Not everyone is going to be a expert naw

Oga Cne Thanks for the clarification

My hubby is not a nairalander and I only came here really to seek help on repairing the car with the suspension problem and if anyone could recommend mechanic in Ibadan or Lagos. Its now been repaired so my mission here is over.

Hopefully neither of the cars will spring any other problems so no need for me to come back here cheesy

Thanks Cne. You have been helpful

Madam
Go back to my post and read again and again and again , I dont see the show of in that , rather I asked you About the model of your car and you couldn't provide it . And I was able to arrive at my answer by the info you provided of it being a 4matic.

Make you no vex oh.
See as person dn tag me as too know between 24hrs of exchanging words

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jun 19, 2016
Readonee35L:

Your c220 Diesel
Has airmatic suspension?

This is where you started
Considering that I wasn't having a convo with you, and I wasn't referring to the C220 anyway, If it was an innocent question on your part then I apologise.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by jodeci01: 7:04pm On Jun 19, 2016
cne010:

I havent but i would do later you would need the steering and steering columns if not the steering wont light up. The steering swap going on mbworld.org for W204 is the W205 steering pretty expensive but looks bad ass.

I'm not in the country now when I get back next week I will do exhaust upgrade and im already saving for steering swap.

Alright, looking forward to your modifications!
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by 18wheeler: 2:21am On Jul 14, 2016
Please house urgent advice needed. I used my car a mercedes w203 c240 last on friday 8th july, just a drive to work and back home like any normal day. It rained heavily that night. I traveled next morning via public transport and i didnt even start the car. I actuaĺly left under heavy rain. Attempting to start the car on monday morning and engine wont crank though indicators on the dash were showing normal, horn and headlamps were working fine. First thought was battery and i asked a neighbor to help. No difference. I called an electrician and asked for a scan first which indicated some fault around the fuse box in the hood close to the wind shield on the drivers side. Guy said fuse box is damaged as water entered it and needs to be replaced. The 3rd one has just been tested without success and the guy is already suggesting a new key. I'm thinking if the car doesnt start today I'll get me a new guy to work on it. I just need advise on any possible cause of this from prior experience so i can guide this guy or the new one as it may be because I have to get that car up by saturday or I'm done with it. Fellow benz users and experts I cant need you more desperately than now. Thanks
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by kingreign(m): 7:28am On Jul 14, 2016
18wheeler:
Please house urgent advice needed. I used my car a mercedes w203 c240 last on friday 8th july, just a drive to work and back home like any normal day. It rained heavily that night. I traveled next morning via public transport and i didnt even start the car. I actuaĺly left under heavy rain. Attempting to start the car on monday morning and engine wont crank though indicators on the dash were showing normal, horn and headlamps were working fine. First thought was battery and i asked a neighbor to help. No difference. I called an electrician and asked for a scan first which indicated some fault around the fuse box in the hood close to the wind shield on the drivers side. Guy said fuse box is damaged as water entered it and needs to be replaced. The 3rd one has just been tested without success and the guy is already suggesting a new key. I'm thinking if the car doesnt start today I'll get me a new guy to work on it. I just need advise on any possible cause of this from prior experience so i can guide this guy or the new one as it may be because I have to get that car up by saturday or I'm done with it. Fellow benz users and experts I cant need you more desperately than now. Thanks

Locate and open the drain hole just under the servo unit area in that fuse compartment. Open the Sam box and allow it to dry. Hopefully it may be just a front SAM issue (Judging from the rain water ingress into the SAM bay.

Does your keyless go still suck in when you insert it into the keyhole?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by 18wheeler: 3:19pm On Jul 14, 2016
kingreign:

Locate and open the drain hole just under the servo unit area in that fuse compartment. Open the Sam box and allow it to dry. Hopefully it may be just a front SAM issue (Judging from the rain water ingress into the SAM bay.

Does your keyless go still suck in when you insert it into the keyhole?
Thanks bro. Will try that and see. Yes. The key sucks in when inserted in the key hole. It turns ignition, relevant dash indicators, all lights and even the radio work. Its just the engine that wont start.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by kingreign(m): 3:48pm On Jul 14, 2016
18wheeler:

Thanks bro. Will try that and see. Yes. The key sucks in when inserted in the key hole. It turns ignition, relevant dash indicators, all lights and even the radio work. Its just the engine that wont start.
where is your location?
You need to check fuses and others before judging the SAM to be bad.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by auhanson(m): 4:30pm On Jul 14, 2016
kingreign:

where is your location?
You need to check fuses and others before judging the SAM to be bad.

Kingreign has almost said it all, since it is a rain issue.

Also i will add, from experiences with these cars, check to make sure that current passes to your plugs via ignition coil. Dash, horn etc may ignite but wouldn't start if this happens. Usually Merc are prone to this kind of faults The ignition current may not get to the pluggs. You could easily test these in several ways(i usually take current directly with a wire from the ignition fuse from the fuse box straight to the wires that leads to the ignition coils just to test for this,please note that this is not a permanent solution) before finally replaces the wires that leads from the positive terminal to that sport(AFTER HAVING MEASURED THE VOLTAGE ACROSS THAT WIRE WITH A MULTI METER AND DISCOVERED THAT IT IS NOT PASSING ANY CURRENT), but check first. Mechanics do usually check with spark plugs heads on any earth, precisely the car engine block(this is a bad habit)

Also you may be having a bridge or partial contact somewhere, either at the ignition wire or at the fuel pump wires. Physically check for such things too. Fuse box in these cars stays a life time,except in incidences of bridging and burnt
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by stremy21(m): 6:55pm On Jul 14, 2016
Hi all,
I'm new to this forum. I just joined the MB club. So happy to be here. I got an 03 C180. The engine sound isn't so fantastic. I got somebody working on it, he said the airflow meter isn't working well. Which could make it consume more fuel and also cause some distraught in the engine operation.

Plus I want to borrow from several experiences, could this assertion be right? And if yes, how much is the airflow meter?

They have checked other fuses, coil, plugs and everything checks out.

Please I need help asap. Thanks.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by kingreign(m): 6:59pm On Jul 14, 2016
stremy21:
Hi all,
I'm new to this forum. I just joined the MB club. So happy to be here. I got an 03 C180. The engine sound isn't so fantastic. I got somebody working on it, he said the airflow meter isn't working well. Which could make it consume more fuel and also cause some distraught in the engine operation.

Plus I want to borrow from several experiences, could this assertion be right? And if yes, how much is the airflow meter?

They have checked other fuses, coil, plugs and everything checks out.

Please I need help asap. Thanks.

Did you scan the car before you concluded it was air flow meter?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by stremy21(m): 9:08pm On Jul 14, 2016
No sir,it wasn't scanned.
kingreign:

Did you scan the car before you concluded it was air flow meter?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by kingreign(m): 10:32pm On Jul 14, 2016
stremy21:
No sir,it wasn't scanned.

Ogbeni, better collect that car, and scan it?
By the way where are you located?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by stremy21(m): 11:21pm On Jul 14, 2016
Ibadan
kingreign:

Ogbeni, better collect that car, and scan it?
By the way where are you located?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Gido: 12:44pm On Jul 15, 2016
Hi all,

Please can anyone recommend the best obd scanner for my personal use on my MB C-Class C230 Kompressor 2005.

I am tired of paying my electrician N1,500 for scanning.

Thanks.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jul 15, 2016
Gido:
Hi all,

Please can anyone recommend the best obd scanner for my personal use on my MB C-Class C230 Kompressor 2005.

I am tired of paying my electrician N1,500 for scanning.

Thanks.

Hi I think you can get a launch scanner with the new exchange rate I don't what the price would be. Edit; checking online you can get one for as little as $200 including shipping to Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) ... (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) ... (547) (Reply)

Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.