Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,842 members, 7,820,932 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:46 AM

Mercedes Benz Thread - Car Talk (115) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Benz Thread (971171 Views)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / Mercedes Benz Releases Details On 9G Tronic Nine Speed Auto / The Life Cycle Of The Mercedes Benz ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) ... (547) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by mophic123: 8:00am On Apr 23, 2016
I tot d thread is to share info on Benz related issues,are they selling cars here too?. The thread looks outdated.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by sheffyUTD(m): 8:23pm On Apr 23, 2016
bobo9ice:

It refused to clear off because the engine stayed too long before u serviced it and now its still registered in the memory... if u want it off from the dash board , get it scanned off.
The other issue might be related to the kick...its wearing out... its cheap to get a replacement....g

On the second thought, if I allowed it to finish the counting rather than scan it off, please any known problems for this.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by chinene1(f): 11:00am On Apr 24, 2016
Hello Benz lovers, So I want to upgrade my ride so am selling my present ride for 400k. It's a Naija used Mercedes Benz clk 2003 compressor.

Details
Two door
AC chilling
Car stereo and speakers intact
New two front tryes
Keyless entry
Just serviced the engine
Papers valid till next year

You may have to change the two side mirrors and redo the paint job on the drivers side.
Call or text me. 08034445946

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by chinene1(f): 11:02am On Apr 24, 2016
More pictures. Call me.

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by dabosuker(m): 8:39am On Apr 27, 2016
mophic123:
Does that mean no one is sure of transmission oil to use in ML320,01 model

use the Benz ATF or any dextron III grade ATF (Oando or Total)
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by klint16: 2:59pm On Apr 30, 2016
Good day house, I got A 190 2002 model last two weeks. but after changing the engine oil, the oil sign is still displaying and the engine emission warning just came up this morning. please anyone with solution? also how liters of oil does it consume cos I used 6 liters fully synthetic oil. please admin add me on whatsap 08064554620 08032571363
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by eyrie(m): 10:20pm On May 02, 2016
Please how can I get an ESP Module for a E350 4matic 2006. The ESP Module no is for a W211 with module no A2115406145.

Kindly reach me on 08036776829. Thanks

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by femi9naija(m): 7:48pm On May 04, 2016
How good is the benz clk 430 cabriolet? Advice needed please
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by sehawale: 5:45pm On May 07, 2016
Benz Gurus,

Please i am about to buy a GL (450 or 550) Class benz. I have asked different people (dealers, mechos, benz owners) the pros n cons specific to lagos in terms of parts availabilty, mechanics, resale value, performance, maintenance cost and frequency etc. on this car. I have heard contradicting opinions. This is why i am here.

Gurus should help me with the pros n cons so i can make up my mind for or against it. Thanks.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by aAK1(m): 11:39pm On May 08, 2016
chinene1:
Hello Benz lovers, So I want to upgrade my ride so am selling my present ride for 400k. It's a Naija used Mercedes Benz clk 2003 compressor.

Details
Two door
AC chilling
Car stereo and speakers intact
New two front tryes
Keyless entry
Just serviced the engine
Papers valid till next year

You may have to change the two side mirrors and redo the paint job on the drivers side.
Call or text me. 08034445946
hummm. were you abe to fix the issues you had with it?

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by aAK1(m): 11:26am On May 09, 2016
hello guys. pls i would want to know how much a tokunbo 190E would cost

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 3:48pm On May 10, 2016
aAK1:
hello guys. pls i would want to know how much a tokunbo 190E would cost

no idea but i think from 600 to 800 depends on the year.

if you're really into Benz I would advice a clean naija used w202 facelift version.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by aAK1(m): 4:54pm On May 10, 2016
cne010:

no idea but i think from 600 to 800 depends on the year.

if you're really into Benz I would advice a clean naija used w202 facelift version.
I have looked every were o. I haven't seen any clean naija used. The only one I saw was automatic and I just don't drive auto. It may interest you to know why I just developed a craze for the car.i traveled from Abuja to kaduna last week with my younger brothers 190. The truth is, no very few people over took me on that trip.the fuel economy is also great I came back to re dedicate my life to Benz o. grin I saw one very clean imported but at 800 which is just too much for me now. To think that my brother got his for 250.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 5:14pm On May 10, 2016
aAK1:
I have looked every were o. I haven't seen any clean naija used. The only one I saw was automatic and I just don't drive auto. It may interest you to know why I just developed a craze for the car.i traveled from Abuja to kaduna last week with my younger brothers 190. The truth is, no very few people over took me on that trip.the fuel economy is also great I came back to re dedicate my life to Benz o. grin I saw one very clean imported but at 800 which is just too much for me now. To think that my brother got his for 250.

800 is on the high side then it must be padded one. Welcome to the Benz Cult
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by aAK1(m): 5:18pm On May 10, 2016
cne010:

800 is on the high side then it must be padded one. Welcome to the Benz Cult
its padded. My brothers own is also padded
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 5:21pm On May 10, 2016
If my car wasn't a Benz I might be in the market for a new engine or maybe change the gasket. On my way home last night I got the low coolant message on my instrument cluster, with my experience with my former W203 you get the warning first when it's half way so I drove home.

This morning same message on my cluster so I popped the hood and saw that the hose leading from the coolant container to engine bay was cut by the fan belt. I recently changed my bumper sadly the panel beater didn't clip the hose on top of the fan belt rather he left dancing azonto and the electric fan was just chopping it lol.

One of the advantages of driving a smart car like a Benz the car talks all you need to do is pay attention. See pics.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by aAK1(m): 5:26pm On May 10, 2016
cne010:
If my car wasn't a Benz I might be in the market for a new engine or maybe change the gasket. On my way home last night I got the low coolant message on my instrument cluster, with my experience with my former W203 you get the warning first when it's half way so I drove home.

This morning same message on my cluster so I popped the hood and saw that the hose leading from the coolant container to engine bay was cut by the fan belt. I recently changed my bumper sadly the panel beater didn't clip the hose on top of the fan belt rather he left dancing azonto and the electric fan was just chopping it lol.

One of the advantages of driving a smart car like a Benz the car talks all you need to do is pay attention. See pics.
lucky u
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by BUGOFF(m): 11:27am On May 11, 2016
aAK1:
Can u link me to the one with auto, pls?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by aAK1(m): 5:20pm On May 11, 2016
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by BUGOFF(m): 7:16pm On May 11, 2016
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Yanglee(m): 11:11am On May 12, 2016
Hello, I have an 09 Mercedes Benz C 300 Brain Box for sale. The brain box is zero (Virgin). If interested you can reach me on 08098329433 or send an email to doseni@yahoo.com for further discussion.
Thanks.

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 10:46pm On May 13, 2016
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by kingreign(m): 11:01pm On May 13, 2016
sehawale:
Benz Gurus,

Please i am about to buy a GL (450 or 550) Class benz. I have asked different people (dealers, mechos, benz owners) the pros n cons specific to lagos in terms of parts availabilty, mechanics, resale value, performance, maintenance cost and frequency etc. on this car. I have heard contradicting opinions. This is why i am here.

Gurus should help me with the pros n cons so i can make up my mind for or against it. Thanks.

Avoid early model or prefacelift models, they're prone to VGS issues.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Roush: 9:51am On May 16, 2016
Please does anyone use e420 here. Looking to pick up one naija used. What should i look out for?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by haywhy2323: 2:55am On May 24, 2016
Pls wer can I get a good Benz mech in PH
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by REDDEVILS1(m): 12:58pm On May 26, 2016
Am abt to buy my first car and I drive alot within the town everyday cos of the nature of my new biz. Cos of the nature of my income and the recent hike in fuel price I was thinking of buying a 1999 camry because of its fuel consumption that is low as advised by friends. But I hv always loved benz products as my dad owned a flat boot back in the day. The car wz very strong but a fuel guzzler. Someone told me that c class fuel economy is like that of a camry, pls advise me on the make of benz that is of the same fuel consumption with a camry. It will be a burden lifted if there is any. I have the 2001/2002 w203 C180, in mind. I also want to knw the dos and don'ts of the car. Thanks alot
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 1:39pm On May 26, 2016
REDDEVILS1:
Am abt to buy my first car and I drive alot within the town everyday cos of the nature of my new biz. Cos of the nature of my income and the recent hike in fuel price I was thinking of buying a 1999 camry because of its fuel consumption that is low as advised by friends. But I hv always loved benz products as my dad owned a flat boot back in the day. The car wz very strong but a fuel guzzler. Someone told me that c class fuel economy is like that of a camry, pls advise me on the make of benz that is of the same fuel consumption with a camry. It will be a burden lifted if there is any. I have the 2001/2002 w203 C180, in mind. I also want to knw the dos and don'ts of the car. Thanks alot

If you're thinking of a 1999 Camry then I would advice a 1999/2000 facelift W202 C180 it should be about the same price range and believe the parts to those cars are so cheap and its way easier to maintain than the camry.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by REDDEVILS1(m): 2:53pm On May 26, 2016
cne010:

If you're thinking of a 1999 Camry then I would advice a 1999/2000 facelift W202 C180 it should be about the same price range and believe the parts to those cars are so cheap and its way easier to maintain than the camry.
what of the w203 c180. The cost of getting it isn't my concern, rather the fuel consumption. If it can be the same of a v4 camry
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by BUGOFF(m): 3:09pm On May 26, 2016
cne010:

How can one know these facelift models, pls? Any particular form/trait to look for?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 5:06pm On May 26, 2016
BUGOFF:
How can one know these facelift models, pls? Any particular form/trait to look for?

Yes but you need to be observant the headlights and bigger and more pronounced, The interior is better looking and the rear lights looks tinted. I found some online;

-no more antenna
-glass sun roof instead of metal body matched moon roof
-seems more common to have the chrome trim all around on the top of front and rear bumpers
-lightly tinted rear lights (tails)

interior:
-updated door panels
-no more casette tray cheesy
-different wood trim on the doors as well as dash/console area (depending on options)
-pattern on the seats is much different
-speedo gagues updated, as well as digital
-improved sound dampening in the cabin
-pop out hide-away cup holder in the centre console

See pics of the facelifted front.

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 5:07pm On May 26, 2016
pics of the prefacelift.

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by BUGOFF(m): 5:08pm On May 26, 2016
cne010:

Yes but you need to be observant the headlights and bigger and more pronounced, The interior is better looking and the rear lights looks tinted. I found some online;

-no more antenna
-glass sun roof instead of metal body matched moon roof
-seems more common to have the chrome trim all around on the top of front and rear bumpers
-lightly tinted rear lights (tails)

interior:
-updated door panels
-no more casette tray cheesy
-different wood trim on the doors as well as dash/console area (depending on options)
-pattern on the seats is much different
-speedo gagues updated, as well as digital
-improved sound dampening in the cabin
-pop out hide-away cup holder in the centre console

See pics of the facelifted front.
Hmmm, Tanx...and the face looks lifted, even. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) ... (547) (Reply)

Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.