Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,025 members, 7,821,564 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:04 PM

Mercedes Benz Thread - Car Talk (71) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Benz Thread (971304 Views)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / Mercedes Benz Releases Details On 9G Tronic Nine Speed Auto / The Life Cycle Of The Mercedes Benz ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) ... (547) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 1:41pm On Nov 16, 2014
danadam:

is the last batch of w204 actually free from the ESL issues? I love the car and i'm considering getting one for myself when I'm done with my w203 but I really can't afford over 300k for any ESL Issue, that's outrageous and ridiculous to me.

From the 2011 the w204 was perfected no Issues and wonderful interior. I would advice the C350 you won't regret it.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by tsiriman(m): 2:05pm On Nov 16, 2014
Is it ESL or EIS?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Gee2728(m): 2:19pm On Nov 16, 2014
danadam:

is the last batch of w204 actually free from the ESL issues? I love the car and i'm considering getting one for myself when I'm done with my w203 but I really can't afford over 300k for any ESL Issue, that's outrageous and ridiculous to me.
I think Mercedes quietly corrected the fault they never openly admitted to till date.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by danadam(m): 2:51pm On Nov 16, 2014
cne010:

From the 2011 the w204 was perfected no Issues and wonderful interior. I would advice the C350 you won't regret it.

That's a relief. I was already thinking of diverting to E90 or an Audi A4. Well, when the time comes I will know which one to pick.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by danadam(m): 2:55pm On Nov 16, 2014
tsiriman:
Is it ESL or EIS?

EIS... Electronic Ignition Switch.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 3:04pm On Nov 16, 2014
danadam:

That's a relief. I was already thinking of diverting to E90 or an Audi A4. Well, when the time comes I will know which one to pick.

I also have love for the same cars as you, the E90 failed on my height test the car sits too low. The W204 won my heart when I noticed it shared some suspension parts with the W203 and its pretty cheap to run and I have a very good mercedes mechanic. I still have love for the Audi I might go that way when I want a SUV maybe the Q5.. if wishes were horses.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 3:13pm On Nov 16, 2014
Mercedes my brand any day anytime. But my issue with them is this premium fuel issue considering that Nigeria fuel isn't good. Some luxury brands doesn't require premium fuel but rather just normal unleaded fuel. Sometimes I don't even think we can get up to the required 91RON.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by danadam(m): 6:21pm On Nov 16, 2014
cne010:

I also have love for the same cars as you, the E90 failed on my height test the car sits too low. The W204 won my heart when I noticed it shared some suspension parts with the W203 and its pretty cheap to run and I have a very good mercedes mechanic. I still have love for the Audi I might go that way when I want a SUV maybe the Q5.. if wishes were horses.

yeah that's true bout the E90. it can't be driven on bad bumpy pot hole ridden roads. I just want to experience what it feels like to drive a bimmer.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 6:23pm On Nov 16, 2014
Eyop:
Mercedes my brand any day anytime. But my issue with them is this premium fuel issue considering that Nigeria fuel isn't good. Some luxury brands doesn't require premium fuel but rather just normal unleaded fuel. Sometimes I don't even think we can get up to the required 91RON.

I don't know any luxury brand that don't require premium petrol even Lexus does require premium petrol.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 6:24pm On Nov 16, 2014
danadam:

yeah that's true bout the E90. it can't be driven on bad bumpy pot hole ridden roads. I just want to experience what it feels like to drive a bimmer.

You could try the 5 series.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by danadam(m): 6:24pm On Nov 16, 2014
Eyop:

Does the w204 require premium fuel too? what's the solution since our fuel is not premium?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 6:27pm On Nov 16, 2014
danadam:

Does the w204 require premium fuel too? what's the solution since our fuel is not premium?

The w203 also require premium petrol octane boosters are the out.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 6:28pm On Nov 16, 2014
danadam:

Yes it does require premium unleaded fuel and it shouldn't be below 91RON. Our fuel is unleaded quite alright but it isn't premium and the only solution is to be using octane boosters atleast to boost the octane points. I bought fuel last week and noticed it was oily like as if it was mixed with oil. That's one of the major reasons why our check engine light do illuminate on the instrument cluster sometimes.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 6:30pm On Nov 16, 2014
cne010:

I don't know any luxury brand that don't require premium petrol even Lexus does require premium petrol.

Sincerely there are some luxury brands that doesn't require premium fuel. I will visit my archives and post the brands later.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by danadam(m): 6:43pm On Nov 16, 2014
cne010:

You could try the 5 series.

The 5 series will be too big for me. I don't want the 5 series, E class, A6. I prefer the other 3 mentioned earlier.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by danadam(m): 6:49pm On Nov 16, 2014
Eyop:

Yes it does require premium unleaded fuel and it shouldn't be below 91RON. Our fuel is unleaded quite alright but it isn't premium and the only solution is to be using octane boosters atleast to boost the octane points. I bought fuel last week and noticed it was oily like as if it was mixed with oil. That's one of the major reasons why our check engine light do illuminate on the instrument cluster sometimes.

I never knew, now I know better. I will have to search for octane boosters, I've driven my ride for 18 months without ever using the octane boosters though my Check Engine Light was once illuminated for 2 days.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 6:54pm On Nov 16, 2014
danadam:

I never knew, now I know better. I will have to search for octane boosters, I've driven my ride for 18 months without ever using the octane boosters though my Check Engine Light was once illuminated for 2 days.

wow!! You drove for 18 months without the illumination? That's a good one then but i won't advise using octane boosters all the time. It can be used once in a while so that your vehicle doesn't get used to it and also try buying fuels in a good filling station(preferably NNPC) and not all these stations without names. Am seriously eyeing the 2012 W204 C350 and as soon as pepper complete,it must show by God's grace. The advantage is that it is equipped with direct injection engine.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Olisa4all: 7:19pm On Nov 16, 2014
Hello MB lovers, I'm having an issue with my 2004 W211 E320 Avant Garde, my younger brother drove it through flood (it was raining heavily and he was stuck in traffic) when he got home the instrument cluster went dead while the headlamps are permanently on, the car starts and runs fine but nothing shows up on the instrument cluster. Took it to an electrical guy who checked the fuses front and rear and said the fuses aren't the issue but doesn't know how to resolve it, I need your help guys.
Thanks

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 7:26pm On Nov 16, 2014
Olisa4all:
Hello MB lovers, I'm having an issue with my 2004 W211 E320 Avant Garde, my younger brother drove it through flood (it was raining heavily and he was stuck in traffic) when he got home the instrument cluster went dead while the headlamps are permanently on, the car starts and runs fine but nothing shows up on the instrument cluster. Took it to an electrical guy who checked the fuses front and rear and said the fuses aren't the issue but doesn't know how to resolve it, I need your help guys.
Thanks

What level of flood will affect the instrument cluster? Did your brother drive this vehicle in the Lagoon Have you diagnose the vehicle to find out exactly the problem? You cannot do a guess work to achieve results.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Olisa4all: 7:38pm On Nov 16, 2014
Eyop:

What level of flood will affect the instrument cluster? Did your brother drive this vehicle in the Lagoon Have you diagnose the vehicle to find out exactly the problem? You cannot do a guess work to achieve results.

Yes it was scanned, when I asked the mechanic who did the scanning what the issue was, he couldn't tell me anything tangible, he just said "its electrical" (as if that wasn't obvious from the start) I pulled the plug there cos i don't them doing trial and error on my car without me being present as I'm not in the country at them moment
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 7:43pm On Nov 16, 2014
Olisa4all:

Yes it was scanned, when I asked the mechanic who did the scanning what the issue was, he couldn't tell me anything tangible, he just said "its electrical" (as if that wasn't obvious from the start) I pulled the plug there cos i don't them doing trial and error on my car without me being present as I'm not in the country at them moment

Of Course it's an electrical related issue but it requires a competent hand to handle it. The workshop you took the vehicle to doesn't know what they are doing and that's the reason they couldn't give you correct information. I still suggest you take that vehicle to a reliable workshop for it to be scanned to know what exactly should be the problem. It might be a very minor problem but trial and error might cause more damage.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Olisa4all: 7:48pm On Nov 16, 2014
Eyop:

Of Course it's an electrical related issue but it requires a competent hand to handle it. The workshop you took the vehicle to doesn't know what they are doing and that's the reason they couldn't give you correct information. I still suggest you take that vehicle to a reliable workshop for it to be scanned to know what exactly should be the problem. It might be a very minor problem but trial and error might cause more damage.

My thoughts exactly, the car is currently in Lagos, do u know any reliable workshop that can resolve this issue?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 7:49pm On Nov 16, 2014
Olisa4all:

My thoughts exactly, the car is currently in Lagos, do u know any reliable workshop that can resolve this issue?

Cne010 please assist a brother out here.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by danadam(m): 8:08pm On Nov 16, 2014
Eyop:

wow!! You drove for 18 months without the illumination? That's a good one then but i won't advise using octane boosters all the time. It can be used once in a while so that your vehicle doesn't get used to it and also try buying fuels in a good filling station(preferably NNPC) and not all these stations without names. Am seriously eyeing the 2012 W204 C350 and as soon as pepper complete,it must show by God's grace. The advantage is that it is equipped with direct injection engine.

Noted..
2012 MY W204 C350 is what I've in mind too.... but I will have to wait till it becomes more affordable to me.... 2.5m-3m maximum is the cash I will be willing to splash on a ride.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 8:12pm On Nov 16, 2014
danadam:

Noted..
2012 MY W204 C350 is what I've in mind too.... but I will have to wait till it becomes more affordable to me.... 2.5m-3m maximum is the cash I will be will to splash on a ride.

cheesy grin it means you have to wait for another 2 or more years because i don't see the price of that ride coming down to your estimated budget soon. Currently it sells between 6.5 to 7.5 depending on mileage and condition. Remember with this clearing rate hike,the price will even increase.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 8:50pm On Nov 16, 2014
Olisa4all:

I have seen this issue before.... It was a unit somewhere on the passenger side that got flooded....if I remember well. For Mech a pm will do. Since you're not a whatsapp Mercedes family member. Cheers!
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by danadam(m): 9:16pm On Nov 16, 2014
Eyop:

cheesy grin it means you have to wait for another 2 or more years because i don't see the price of that ride coming down to your estimated budget soon. Currently it sells between 6.5 to 7.5 depending on mileage and condition. Remember with this clearing rate hike,the price will even increase.

I will wait.... patiently. The plan is to use my W203 for 5 yrs, I just did 18 months so I still have over 3 mo yrs to go.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 9:50pm On Nov 16, 2014
Olisa4all:
Thanks

Sorry I'm just seeing this. Good to know the car still runs at least saving you money you would have spent to tow it to a Mechanic.
secondly your needs to under a Star scanner that would pin point the exact problem and take Guess work out. where in Lagos are you? My Mechanic can handle it I'm sure. He is located around Ifako Beside Italian Tiles and Marbles. 08029498260 Code Red Technology.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by auhanson(m): 10:23pm On Nov 16, 2014
cne010:

Thats right! The facelifted models solved that issue.

Benz have these characteristics of always solving issues in their facelifted models. That is why in my opinion, i would only buy facelifted models from now henceforth.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 10:25pm On Nov 16, 2014
auhanson:

Thats right! The facelifted models solved that issue.

Benz have these characteristics of always solving issues with facelifted models. That is why in my opinion, i would only buy facelifted models from now henceforth.

True but they cost a lot more.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by auhanson(m): 10:29pm On Nov 16, 2014
cne010:

True but they cost a lot more.

and more beautiful, attractive and efficient too
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 10:31pm On Nov 16, 2014
auhanson:

and more beautiful, attractive and efficient too

So is auhanson my oga considering the W204 cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) ... (547) (Reply)

Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.