Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,824 members, 7,817,402 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:39 AM

Mercedes Benz Thread - Car Talk (72) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Benz Thread (968981 Views)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / Mercedes Benz Releases Details On 9G Tronic Nine Speed Auto / The Life Cycle Of The Mercedes Benz ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (546) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by auhanson(m): 10:37pm On Nov 16, 2014
cne010:

Sorry I'm just seeing this. Good to know the car still runs at least saving you money you would have spent to tow it to a Mechanic.
secondly your needs to under a Star scanner that would pin point the exact problem and take Guess work out. where in Lagos are you? My Mechanic can handle it I'm sure. He is located around Ifako Beside Italian Tiles and Marbles. 08029498260 Code Red Technology.

Anything water doesn't go well with a car , especially fully loaded vehicle like Benz. You have to really look for a star scanner like cne010 stated. You dont need any guess work here.

Simple thing like water in your fuel alone can cause a great deal of trouble to your injector, needless to mention your ac system components , how much more your car electrical circuitary.. Do no guess work here , except you want to scrap the car after you would have spent so much in series of endless repairs.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by auhanson(m): 10:51pm On Nov 16, 2014
Eyop:

So is auhanson my oga considering the W204 cheesy

As God gives the grace, by His special grace my bros. Nothing handles like Benz yet, and still gives some level of comfort even at entry level vehicle

W204 combine all these with mind blowing efficiency and lot more

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by auhanson(m): 11:07pm On Nov 16, 2014
Eyop:
Mercedes my brand any day anytime. But my issue with them is this premium fuel issue considering that Nigeria fuel isn't good. Some luxury brands doesn't require premium fuel but rather just normal unleaded fuel. Sometimes I don't even think we can get up to the required 91RON.

My brother and all benz lovers, worry no more about the premium fuel, because there is a product in the market called xft that work wonders on BENZ and any other hightech car , especially those that were meant to run only on premium fuel. It work magically, ranging from:

Prolonging your engine lifespan
Running your nuzzles, injectors,plugs and emission system extra clean, prolonging your oil change interval and sludge eradication
Lowering your fuel igniting temperature to enable it burn good too at lower temperature
demuslyfying your fuel system and
magically returning an economy of about 30% with no harm to your engine,
an organically non corrosive material unlike injector cleaners
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 11:13pm On Nov 16, 2014
auhanson:

My brother and all benz lovers, worry no more about the premium fuel, because there is a product in the market called xft that work wonders on BENZ and any other hightech car , especially those that were meant to run only on premium fuel. It work magically, ranging from:

Prolonging your engine lifespan
Running your nuzzles, injectors,plugs and emission system extra clean, prolonging your oil change interval and sludge eradication
Lowering your fuel igniting temperature to enable it burn good too at lower temperature
demuslyfying your fuel system and
magically returning an economy of about 30% with no harm to your engine,
an organically non corrosive material unlike injector cleaners

Have heard of it but does it act like a fuel treatment? Also does it boost Octane points?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by auhanson(m): 11:19pm On Nov 16, 2014
Eyop:

Have heard of it but does it act like a fuel treatment? Also does it boost Octane points?
Guy, i am a living testimony. It is an XTREME FUEL TREATMENT. Its better than octane booster, with octane booster you are only wasting money. I dont clean my throttle body nor nuzzles nor plugs anymore , neither change them. Sometimes i even change my oil with cheap mineral oil, total sae40 without worrying my head
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 11:26pm On Nov 16, 2014
auhanson:

Guy, i am a living testimony. Its better than octane booster, with octane booster you are only wasting money. I dont clean my throttle body nor nuzzles nor plugs anymore , neither change them. Sometimes i even change my oil with cheap mineral oil, total sae40 without worrying my head

That's splendid then because this fuel issue happens to be a problem in Nigeria and Benz requires premium fuel for it to perform optimally and efficiently so i hope this puts an end to fuel related issue with the Benz.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 11:27pm On Nov 16, 2014
auhanson:

Guy, i am a living testimony. Its better than octane booster, with octane booster you are only wasting money. I dont clean my throttle body nor nuzzles nor plugs anymore , neither change them. Sometimes i even change my oil with cheap mineral oil, total sae40 without worrying my head

Where can I get the XFT?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by auhanson(m): 11:39pm On Nov 16, 2014
Eyop:

That's splendid then because this fuel issue happens to be a problem in Nigeria and Benz requires premium fuel for it to perform optimally and efficiently so i hope this puts an end to fuel related issue with the Benz.

Sure it does, i am even planning to become a dealer very soon because i want to be having it handily for my cars, http://syntekglobal.com/. The secret behind it is that for the first time use, double the dose and use it consistently for like 3 times. But once you double the dose you will see the result instantly. One of the things you will notice are:

Better horsepower and responsive throttling.
if you deep your finger into your exhaust to look for carbon, you wont find any. and your fuel will always remain longer. I even use it in my generator too to cut down on fuel and servicing and best clean running my environment.
You
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 11:40pm On Nov 16, 2014
auhanson:

Sure it does, i am even planning to become a dealer very soon because i want to be having it handily for my cars, http://syntekglobal.com/. The secret behind it is that for the first time use, double the dose and use it consistently for like 3 times. But once you double the dose you will see the result instantly. One of the things you will notice are:

if you deep your finger into your exhaust to look for carbon, you wont find any. and your fuel will always remain longer. I even use it in my generator too to cut down on fuel and servicing and best clean running my environment.
You

Even for generator you dey vex oh.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by auhanson(m): 11:44pm On Nov 16, 2014
cne010:

Even for generator you dey vex oh.

My brother anything good to cutdown cost of living in this country is encouraging
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 11:48pm On Nov 16, 2014
auhanson:

You

Ok hanson. so does it mean you use XFT anytime you are fueling your car?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 11:48pm On Nov 16, 2014
auhanson:

You

Ok hanson. so does it mean you use XFT anytime you are fuelling your car?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by auhanson(m): 11:55pm On Nov 16, 2014
Eyop:

Ok hanson. so does it mean you use XFT anytime you are fueling your car?

Sure, ever since i got it for my self. The return in economy completely remove the cost of buying it, so why not have it to prolong and keep my engine optimally as i stand to lose nothing but gain rather. I have a syringe i use in measuring it to my tank each time i buy fuel. Its about 80 ml to a 76 litres of fuel. so i usually do my calculation with the syringe as i buy fuel in bits
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 1:25am On Nov 17, 2014
auhanson:

Sure, ever since i got it for my self. The return in economy completely remove the cost of buying it, so why not have it to prolong and keep my engine optimally as i stand to lose nothing but gain rather. I have a syringe i use in measuring it to my tank each time i buy fuel. Its about 80 ml to a 76 litres of fuel. so i usually do my calculation with the syringe as i buy fuel in bits

Oga Auhanson come back here .....my turbo project awaits your attention.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by auhanson(m): 8:26am On Nov 17, 2014
angels09:

Oga Auhanson come back here .....my turbo project awaits your attention.
Oh my dear, i went into that project and it nearly would have cut my throat then i had to backout..its too dear... A single turbo kits can cost as much as 3000 dollars for BENZs and BMWs and some other European and American cars. Of course that is enough to buy a w204 that is already turbo packed, except i could have donor kits.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 8:40am On Nov 17, 2014
auhanson:

Oh my dear, i went into that project and it nearly would have cut my throat then i had to backout..its too dear... A single turbo kits can cost as much as 3000 dollars for BENZs and BMWs and some other European and American cars. Of course that is enough to buy a w204 that is already turbo packed, except i could have donor kits.

OK...but how true is the xft claims? And source of purchase?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by auhanson(m): 8:47am On Nov 17, 2014
Let me explain the process a little bits.A turbocharger, or turbo is a forced induction device used to allow more power to be produced for an engine of a given size. The key difference between a turbocharger and a conventional supercharger is that the latter is mechanically driven from the engine often from a belt connected to the crankshaft, whereas a turbocharger is driven by the engine's exhaust gases.Turbo are also used with the internal combustion engines and many others that is beyond the scope of this discussion.

There are different kinds of turbochargers such like: Benz, Bmw, Kobelco, Hitachi, Caterpillar,Perkins, Volvo, Mitsubishi, Deutz, Iveco, Fiat, Hyundai,Daewoo,Nissan,Toyota,Sumsung,John,Deere,Isuzu,Hino,Renault,Ford,Mazda,Audi,Golf,Toyota,Man,Landrover,Scania,Saab, Volks Wagen and Liebherr. And some superchargers for generator sets ,marine use and other four cylinder and six cylinder trucks.

You could have single to double turbos. Twincharger refers to an engine which has both a supercharger and a turbocharger

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 10:26am On Nov 17, 2014
auhanson:

Your last post has been hidden can you send it by other means.... Whatsapp Star family..... Or text....to Smartchoice... Kind regards.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by auhanson(m): 12:18pm On Nov 17, 2014
Turbocharger Benz OM612 DE 2.7LA 156HP GT2256V 709838-5005S 709838-9005S 709838-0004 709838-0003 709838-0001 05104006AA A6120960399

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by auhanson(m): 12:26pm On Nov 17, 2014
You can put together your own turbo kit.
This is easy to do in your own garage if you have a means to cut pipe and do some electrical welding.
If you have the technical know-how to put a flywheel into your car you can put together a turbo kit using resources on the internet.

quality parts.
A good option is to assemble parts individually and put the kit together yourself. This can save you thousands of dollars and depending on your ability to price pipes and weld things together, or if you have some good engineering workshops around you, you could get a good working kit for only a few hundreds of thousand naira or you order them in few hundreds of dollars

The parts needed for a turbo kit are as follows;
Turbo
Oil/coolant lines
Charge piping
Intercooler (If you choose)
Blow off valve
Exhaust manifold
Wastegate
Down pipe
Engine management (last but more important than the turbo)

Now lets explain them in a little detail

Oil/coolant lines
Turbos need oil to lubricate and maintain the amount of working that one of these little units put out. A majority of kit on the internet that you order require that you install a 'T' fitting where your oil pressure sending unit is and run a line from that to your turbo and then a drain turbo goes for the turbo to the oil pan, Ideal is a steel and line.

Many factory car turbos are watercooled in order to prolong longevity. if your turbo has the option to watercool it is recommend doing so as it will prevent coking (hardening of hot oil from a too rapid cool down) and it will keep the turbo alive longer. You can run water lines from one of the loops near the throttle body.

N/B i will follow this with some diagram later to make some sense

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by auhanson(m): 12:38pm On Nov 17, 2014
Intercooler

This is optional but so many people use them because it could be very helpful.
As you compressed air it heats up not to mention heat that is conducted into the piping from being right next to a hot engine.
Many cars that came with turbos came with intercoolers, these will work the most ideal spot for the most common type of intercooler (air to air) would be an area with high air flow to allow for convection to do it's work. This is why most people choose to place their intercooler behind the front bumper cover immediately after their radiator or ac condenser. This will require modification as far as adding mounts and making room since your Bnez didn't intend for anything to go there.

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by auhanson(m): 12:42pm On Nov 17, 2014
Charge Piping

This is the part where you have to be creative when putting together a kit as far as size of the piping. I recommend measuring the outlet of your turbo's compressor and either side of the intercooler as well as your throttle body. It is best to have similar sized charge piping to allow for smooth airflow. Bigger is not always better as too large could create excess lag, too small might cause air to back up keeping the compressor from working on optimal efficiency.

If there were to be exhaust shops in Nigeria one would have gone there and have them fabricate charge piping since it is similar to how an exhaust snakes it's way back from the engine.
with a pipe cutter and a welder it is easy to do this yourself, get creative and connect the turbo compressor to the intercooler and the intercooler to your throttle body.

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by auhanson(m): 12:46pm On Nov 17, 2014
Blow Off Valve
Required on any turbo system in order to protect the throttle plate or compressor from being damaged from excess pressure. Once obtained this valve a flange is welded on the charge piping between the intercooler and the turbo.

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by auhanson(m): 12:49pm On Nov 17, 2014
Exhaust Manifold

There are so many different types of exhaust manifold out there. The cheapest option is to make your own, many companies offer kits to make a simple 'log' style manifold. You could buy a second hand exhaust manifold and modify it to fit your car, this required having access to an entire machine shop(or a very good welder), not something many people do.

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by auhanson(m): 12:51pm On Nov 17, 2014
Wastegate

There are two types of Wastegate, internal and external. Depending on your turbo will decide which one you need and which exhaust manifold you will need to get also. An internal wastegate is mounted as part of the turbo as a whole unit. An external wastegate is mounted on the exhaust manifold, and therefore must require a flange be welded to it.
Most factory turbo cars have turbos with internal wastegates.
You must know the wastegate pressure setting of your particular kind of car

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by auhanson(m): 12:53pm On Nov 17, 2014
Down Pipe
The end of the line of turbo parts this is simply where gases from the exhaust housing of the turbo escape into the exhaust system. This is hot rapidly expanding air and since you already have a turbo in the exhaust system to create back-pressure for your high rpm, small displacement engine, it is a good idea to set up a downpipe that allows for the air to escape and clear it's way for more air to come as soon as possible. Most applications use at least a 3 inch down pipe it is debatable as to what size exhaust is ideal and it mostly comes down to the application.
I like to use large downpipe and then as clear an exhaust after that point for the above mentioned facts.

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by auhanson(m): 12:57pm On Nov 17, 2014
Engine Management
The most important part of any turbo system this is what keeps engines alive for thousands of miles more even after running over 100000 miles.
The new movement in tuning is grass roots tuning, there are programs available that allow anyone to tune their car with the use of a home pc and a knowledge of programming.
Since much of this is above our head we leave it to the people who knows what they are doing and look up for someone locally to program it for you. They are never that far away, these services shop can handle it for you or you can order a program burned onto a chip that is roughly built for your setup.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by auhanson(m): 12:59pm On Nov 17, 2014
That is the brief description of the Turbo/superchargers installation and here maybe some youtube video to give some guide of these kind of installation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-p-b2wwrS4Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGdg2Fd2WQY

I dont think i can type this with phone as in whats App

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by auhanson(m): 1:00pm On Nov 17, 2014
angels09:

OK...but how true is the xft claims? And source of purchase?

THE CLAIMS IS YOU TESTING IT PRECISELY AND TAKING PROPER DOCUMENTATION OF IT TO INFORM YOUR DECISION NOT MINDING WHAT ANYONE HAS TO SAY. THAT'S HOW I DID..SOMETIMES BECAUSE WHEN THINGS LIKE THIS WAORKS FOR ME I CONTINUE WITH IT AND DONT EVEN BOTHER ABOUT BRINGING IT UP, SINCE IT ISNT YET A RECOMMENDED PRACTICE BY BENZ OR OTHERS AS THE RESEARCHED PRODUCT IS JUST NEW IN THE MARKET BARELY 2 YRS OLD AND IT MAY TAKE DECADE FOR IT TO BE ENDORSED BY THE CAR MANUFACTURERS EXCEPT SOMEONE TAKES IT TO THEM. BUT BY THE TIME THESE WOULD HAVE BEEN DONE FOR ONE HAVE TO KNOWN, WE WOULD HAVE ALREADY DONE WITH IT AND FAKE ONES MAY START SPRANKING UP HERE AND THERE.

BECAUSE, I MAY NOT HAVE THE HARD TIME TO TRY TO PROVE TO OTHERS SINCE I'M USUALLY TOO BUSY WITH WORK, AND FOR THE FACT THAT OTHERS MAY EVEN CONDEMN IT FROM IMPULSE WITHOUT EVEN PROVING IT. SOMETHING PROMPTED ME TO BRING IT UP WHEN EYOP LAMENTED OF OCTANE BOOSTER, SO I THOUGHT IT WISE TO JUST SPILL THE BEANS FOR THOSE WHO HAVE WHAT IT TAKES IN THEIR NOSE BUT DO NOT REALLY KNOW THAT IT IS THERE. OR NEVER REALLY THOUGHT OF IT TO ALLEVIATE PEOPLE SUFFERING OF THESE FUEL ISSUES WITH BENZ BMW AND EUROPEAN CARS, THEIR MAJOR SETBACK... SO IF YOU CAN GET FUEL ISSUES RIGHT WITH BENZs AND BMWs, 90 PERCENT OF YOUR PROBLEM WITH THESE CARS IS SOLVED, THE REMAINING 10 PERCENT BEING ELCTRICAL/CIRCUITARY ISSUES..IF YOU ARE GROUNDED ON THIS(WHICH MANY ARE) , THEN YOU HAVE NOTHING TO FEAR WITH BENZ AND EUROPEAN CARS IN GENERAL.

SO, WHO WOULD NOW DO THE SACRFICE OF PROVING THE CLAIMS AND DOCUMENTING IT? THAT IS THE JOB FOR SOMEONE TO DO.

THE SOURCE OF PURCAHSE IS THAT YOU CAN DIRECTLY DO THE PURCHASE WITH THE NETWORK DISTRIBUTORS OR YOU BECOME ONE "KASKIA"

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 4:19pm On Nov 17, 2014
auhanson:

THE CLAIMS IS YOU TESTING IT PRECISELY AND TAKING PROPER DOCUMENTATION OF IT TO INFORM YOUR DECISION NOT MINDING WHAT ANYONE HAS TO SAY. THAT'S HOW I DID..SOMETIMES BECAUSE WHEN THINGS LIKE THIS WAORKS FOR ME I CONTINUE WITH IT AND DONT EVEN BOTHER ABOUT BRINGING IT UP, SINCE IT ISNT YET A RECOMMENDED PRACTICE BY BENZ OR OTHERS AS THE RESEARCHED PRODUCT IS JUST NEW IN THE MARKET BARELY 2 YRS OLD AND IT MAY TAKE DECADE FOR IT TO BE ENDORSED BY THE CAR MANUFACTURERS EXCEPT SOMEONE TAKES IT TO THEM. BUT BY THE TIME THESE WOULD HAVE BEEN DONE FOR ONE HAVE TO KNOWN, WE WOULD HAVE ALREADY DONE WITH IT AND FAKE ONES MAY START SPRANKING UP HERE AND THERE.

BECAUSE, I MAY NOT HAVE THE HARD TIME TO TRY TO PROVE TO OTHERS SINCE I'M USUALLY TOO BUSY WITH WORK, AND FOR THE FACT THAT OTHERS MAY EVEN CONDEMN IT FROM IMPULSE WITHOUT EVEN PROVING IT. SOMETHING PROMPTED ME TO BRING IT UP WHEN EYOP LAMENTED OF OCTANE BOOSTER, SO I THOUGHT IT WISE TO JUST SPILL THE BEANS FOR THOSE WHO HAVE WHAT IT TAKES IN THEIR NOSE BUT DO NOT REALLY KNOW THAT IT IS THERE. OR NEVER REALLY THOUGHT OF IT TO ALLEVIATE PEOPLE SUFFERING OF THESE FUEL ISSUES WITH BENZ BMW AND EUROPEAN CARS, THEIR MAJOR SETBACK... SO IF YOU CAN GET FUEL ISSUES RIGHT WITH BENZs AND BMWs, 90 PERCENT OF YOUR PROBLEM WITH THESE CARS IS SOLVED, THE REMAINING 10 PERCENT BEING ELCTRICAL/CIRCUITARY ISSUES..IF YOU ARE GROUNDED ON THIS(WHICH MANY ARE) , THEN YOU HAVE NOTHING TO FEAR WITH BENZ AND EUROPEAN CARS IN GENERAL.

SO, WHO WOULD NOW DO THE SACRFICE OF PROVING THE CLAIMS AND DOCUMENTING IT? THAT IS THE JOB FOR SOMEONE TO DO.

THE SOURCE OF PURCAHSE IS THAT YOU CAN DIRECTLY DO THE PURCHASE WITH THE NETWORK DISTRIBUTORS OR YOU BECOME ONE "KASKIA"

Bought.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Philadelphia: 4:28pm On Nov 17, 2014
auhanson:

So does that mean that my anticipated c230 kompressor is a no go? cry

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (546) (Reply)

Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: Abbeyismo(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.