Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,105 members, 7,818,302 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:14 PM

Mercedes Benz Thread - Car Talk (90) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Benz Thread (969529 Views)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / Mercedes Benz Releases Details On 9G Tronic Nine Speed Auto / The Life Cycle Of The Mercedes Benz ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) ... (547) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 7:08pm On May 07, 2015
leTrizzle:
Good day house, am having issues with a w203 2003 c class, the left wheel locks for about a second when driving n the instrument cluster flashes ESP, it scared the he'll out of me the first time it did it. Please does anyone know what could possibly cause it n how it can be taken care if? Thank u in advance.

'the car needs to be scanned with a star scanner they tampered with one of the sensors that trigger the ESP either the wheel sensor or steering angle sensor.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by leTrizzle: 10:41pm On May 07, 2015
cne010:

'the car needs to be scanned with a star scanner they tampered with one of the sensors that trigger the ESP either the wheel sensor or steering angle sensor.
Where can I get a star scanner in Benin? I went to my mechanic today, he scanned it with some scanner like that but couldn't tell me anything meaningful. Says we should change the wheel sensor first and see.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by edubest(m): 5:43am On May 08, 2015
Check mr Lawrence at sapele rd, the guy is a wizard when it comes to those issues.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by leTrizzle: 9:25am On May 08, 2015
edubest:

Check mr Lawrence at sapele rd, the guy is a wizard when it comes to those issues.
U didn't drop his address or contact sir.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by auhanson(m): 3:33pm On May 08, 2015
skj1377:

yes i agree with you like you read my mind i just changed the front shocks and the car looks like an "antelope" and thats because i have not changed the back shocks yet,I plan to change the back shocks next by then it should look more like a "vixen".
yes i agree the car does not look sporty any longer infact i changed the drive mode from sports to comfort that has put paid to its sportiness as the car will not only start from gear two but it would change gears earlier, the car actually drives like a normal honda or toyota now but i bet its faster than both.
why i changed the radiator is because the radiator was leaking and i would rather change it than repair it. The clearing guy told me it was leaking while the car was still in seme border and that he met it leaking so i sent him money for another one, when i finally saw the car i noticed that the car must have impacted on a stone or a stub as not only the radiator was bent but also the condenser and part of the drier luckily only the radiator was punctured. The car was very sporty then and very beautiful but now it looks normal.

Just keep your sporty suspensions, you may need them back one day...
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by edubest(m): 3:48pm On May 08, 2015
leTrizzle:

U didn't drop his address or contact sir.
Lawrence 08036631853.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by edubest(m): 3:53pm On May 08, 2015
Lawrence 08036631853
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by leTrizzle: 4:00am On May 09, 2015
edubest:

Lawrence 08036631853
Thanks bro,will reach him.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by dBard: 6:53pm On May 09, 2015
Hello house...need opinions.
Got a good deal on a clean tho fairly used c-class 2005-7 model (double round lights), to get d missus off my baby grin, but I've bin getting a lot of discouragements from peeps and mechanics alike concerning fuel consumption and other issues.
Is there something I should know, or someone with same model who can tell me wat d experience has bin like?
Tnx...
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by BarrackObamer: 7:22pm On May 11, 2015
auhanson:

If you never dreamt of a Benz, pls dont go there, because it may end up a misplaced priority. But the truth remains that once you drive Benz and explore it to the fullest you will never want to backout again no matter how little or big it could be.

Ask yourself first what you really want in a car , then come back to us with that answer then we could chose a car for you?

Your kind response is really appreciated. I didn't really dream of any particular model cos like I said I don't know much about cars. I want a car that would take me to and from work daily; something reliable and durable; as very few visits to the mechanic as possible. Aesthetic also matters to me. Waiting for your reply and thanks in anticipation.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 5:33am On May 12, 2015
don't go there....he who has ears ......let him hear!

BarrackObamer:

Your kind response is really appreciated. I didn't really dream of any particular model cos like I said I don't know much about cars. I want a car that would take me to and from work daily; something reliable and durable; as very few visits to the mechanic as possible. Aesthetic also matters to me. Waiting for your reply and thanks in anticipation.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by justask(m): 9:05am On May 12, 2015
My Mercedes Benz ML350 year 2008 recently started displaying ESP alarm and won't clear even after several scan and attempted clearing with diagnostic equipment. The mechanic said it is faulty steering angle sensor, I ordered and changed out the part but alarm is still there. Please what could be the possible cause?

Secondly what's the correct engine drive belt size for this car, I bought 2404mm and the belt cut after three days, the mechanic said its 2420mm but manual says 2404mm, plz can someone help on this?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by BarrackObamer: 1:47pm On May 12, 2015
angels09:
don't go there....he who has ears ......let him hear!

Ha ha ha ha. Lol. Seems like the more I try to find out which of them to get the more confusing it becomes. Some have said if you drive a mercedes you would not want to drive another car and then this response. Na wa o.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:33am On May 13, 2015
justask:
My Mercedes Benz ML350 year 2008 recently started displaying ESP alarm and won't clear even after several scan and attempted clearing with diagnostic equipment. The mechanic said it is faulty steering angle sensor, I ordered and changed out the part but alarm is still there. Please what could be the possible cause?

Secondly what's the correct engine drive belt size for this car, I bought 2404mm and the belt cut after three days, the mechanic said its 2420mm but manual says 2404mm, plz can someone help on this?

Belt tensioner might be bad, also check other rolling parts.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 1:26am On May 14, 2015
BarrackObamer:

BarrackObamer:

Ha ha ha ha. Lol. Seems like the more I try to find out which of them to get the more confusing it becomes. Some have said if you drive a mercedes you would not want to drive another car and then this response. Na wa o.
True!
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 1:59pm On May 14, 2015
pls able members of the Mercedes Benz thread is there an official watsapp group for this page and if there is pls do kindly add me up on +233548782367
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by auhanson(m): 6:01pm On May 14, 2015
BarrackObamer:

Based on the keywords: daily, durable, Asthetic, you have no other option than to go for the Benz c class late models(facelifted models). these are always the stable perfected models, 98,99,200 for w202s and 205,206,207 for the w203s. if you want to enjoy reliability and less visit to mech. Also remember reliability of Benz depends on the owners carefulness and keeping to the rules with lot of love, because these cars are loaded unlike the Jap mobiles. if you do these with the models mention above you may stay a whole year plus without visiting the mechanics.

But if you didnt include aesthetics and durability, i would have just advice you to buy the sporty looking but boring Mazda 323 for this purpose. Its an everyday errand car that saves money in your pocket with very good fuel economy you could ever dreamt of, not even naija so acclaim Toyota can stand it.

Also, because of the keyword aesthetics, you could also try the honda accord , but watch out for the legs, and be very careful with this.

With the above, you should be clarify by now.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by BarrackObamer: 7:21pm On May 15, 2015
auhanson:

Based on the keywords: daily, durable, Asthetic, you have no other option than to go for the Benz c class late models(facelifted models). these are always the stable perfected models, 98,99,200 for w202s and 205,206,207 for the w203s. if you want to enjoy reliability and less visit to mech. Also remember reliability of Benz depends on the owners carefulness and keeping to the rules with lot of love, because these cars are loaded unlike the Jap mobiles. if you do these with the models mention above you may stay a whole year plus without visiting the mechanics.

But if you didnt include aesthetics and durability, i would have just advice you to buy the sporty looking but boring Mazda 323 for this purpose. Its an everyday errand car that saves money in your pocket with very good fuel economy you could ever dreamt of, not even naija so acclaim Toyota can stand it.

Also, because of the keyword aesthetics, you could also try the honda accord , but watch out for the legs, and be very careful with this.

With the above, you should be clarify by now.

Thanks for your time, its really appereciated. Somehow I have fallen in love with the mercedes and am gonna get one really sooooon!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by auhanson(m): 11:20am On May 16, 2015
BarrackObamer:

Thanks for your time, its really appereciated. Somehow I have fallen in love with the mercedes and am gonna get one really sooooon!

You are welcome. My brother, Benz will spoil you if you pick or make a good one, its liken to marrying a beautiful loaded lady.. you know what i'm talking about cheesy...

That is why i emphasize to avoid the earlier(experimental) models and go for[i] facelifted ones(late models)[/i] , if you want to enjoy reliability,aesthetics and have it all:

For w202- 97,98,2000 models
For w203- 2004,2005,2006 models
For w204- 20011,2012,2013 and 2014 models

Here, all built in experimental errors due to luxury must have been observed and corrected. When you here people talk about dependability, its always here. Infact, recently from 2012 up Benz has been on the deck to wipe away all dependability issues that often got associated with such luxury brand. They have been up and doing, so don't entertain any fear.

For those who already bought the earlier models, non face-lifted models(non late-models) , dont panic, when swapping parts , swap with facelifted spares, it will go a long way to make your earlier model Benz dependable
Good luck.

3 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 11:32am On May 16, 2015
auhanson:

You are welcome. My brother, Benz will spoil you if you pick or make a good one, its liken to marrying a beautiful loaded lady.. you know what i'm talking about cheesy...

That is why i emphasize to avoid the earlier(experimental) models and go for[i] facelifted ones(late models)[/i] , if you want to enjoy reliability,aesthetics and have it all:

Here, all built in experimental errors due to luxury must have been observed and corrected. When you here people talk about dependability, its always here. Infact, recently from 2012 up Benz has been on the deck to wipe away all dependability issues that often got associated with such luxury brand. They have been up and doing, so don't entertain any fear.

For those who already bought the earlier models, non face-lifted models(non late-models) , dont panic, when swapping parts , swap with facelifted spares, it will go a long way to make your earlier model Benz dependable
Good luck.

auhanson,i don't understand wat you mean oh @ the emboldened cheesy grin grin can you please elucidate
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by prudencesmart(m): 11:32am On May 16, 2015
auhanson:

Good luck.

Good point there, you're right mr Hanson. One more thing, the late models dont come that cheap too, because they are really loaded and adorned beautifully

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by auhanson(m): 11:38am On May 16, 2015
Eyop:

auhanson,i don't understand wat you mean oh @ the emboldened cheesy grin grin can you please elucidate

You want me to spoil the under aged that could be flipping thro this page, remember this is Africa, and public show of such element as in 'backside;frontside;legs; and curvy' isn't allowed .. is frowned upon grin grin shocked
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 11:43am On May 16, 2015
auhanson:

You want me to spoil the under aged that could be flipping thro this page, remember this is Africa, and public show of such element as in 'backside;frontside;legs ; and curvy isn't allowed .. is frowned upon grin grin shocked

Ok Boss, but you would have coded the emboldened to shock absorber,piston,crankshaft,bearings,etc so we don't end up spoiling the under age and you know this is auto thread cheesy cheesy wink
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by auhanson(m): 11:44am On May 16, 2015
Eyop:

Ok Boss, but you would have coded the emboldened to shock absorber,piston,crankshaft,bearings,etc so we don't end up spoiling the under age and you know this is auto thread cheesy cheesy wink

cheesy cheesy cheesy bad boy !!! noted cool

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by inze(m): 12:00pm On May 16, 2015
- clears throat
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by prudencesmart(m): 12:06pm On May 16, 2015
auhanson:

You want me to spoil the under aged that could be flipping thro this page, remember this is Africa, and public show of such element as in 'backside;frontside;legs; and curvy' isn't allowed .. is frowned upon grin grin shocked

But you've said it already. So this is the loaded..African things
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by auhanson(m): 12:09pm On May 16, 2015
prudencesmart:

But you've said it already. So this is the loaded..African things

I only spill the bean, no under age will decode that Mr Prudence. undecided
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by BarrackObamer: 6:27pm On May 16, 2015
Na wa for guys o. You are all so easily distracted. Just one small line causing all this commotion..."fully loaded" simply means beauty and brains...Abi? Meanwhile na mercedes thread we still dey.

@auhanson I remove cap for you. I will need serious divine intervention to get a w204 but while it is on the way I hope to get year 2003 c230 or c240. Someone said I should avoid "kompressor". Just don't want to get the wrong car.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Furrylow: 6:47pm On May 16, 2015
@Barrackobamer, I use the c 230 2005 model kompressor, I never knew all these while I was jst suffering with the japs. The car is d bomb, very reliable n has good fuel economy better than honda n toyota. Performance wise, it handles absolutely well n has good power even though 1.8 horse power engine. If u can, its a good buy 4 me. I bought it when I saw good reviews by auhanson, eyop, cne1 n all d good fellas doing wonders on this thread. Cheers

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by leTrizzle: 10:32pm On May 16, 2015
auhanson:

I only spill the bean, no under age will decode that Mr Prudence. undecided
Boss, sent u an email. I really need to talk to u. How do I get across?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by auhanson(m): 11:34pm On May 16, 2015
BarrackObamer:
Na wa for guys o. You are all so easily distracted. Just one small line causing all this commotion..."fully loaded" simply means beauty and brains...Abi? Meanwhile na mercedes thread we still dey.

@auhanson I remove cap for you. I will need serious divine intervention to get a w204 but while it is on the way I hope to get year 2003 c230 or c240. Someone said I should avoid "kompressor". Just don't want to get the wrong car.

My Brother, i beg you to go for the late model if you wish to enjoy reliability like Furrylow. I dont want you to come complaining of reliability 2moro. I dont know how to blow the sermon than this. Though 2003 is a bit better than 2001/2002. If you are short in cash, you wouldn't regret the 2000 model kompressor. It's bomb.

As for kompressor, its no more an issue to worry about presently in Naija than the early model. It's a very cheap fix, and it doesn't happen as you may fear. I have a good number of friends who owns this ride.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by auhanson(m): 11:35pm On May 16, 2015
leTrizzle:

Boss, sent u an email. I really need to talk to u. How do I get across?
Just reply your PM. I'm open to you

(1) (2) (3) ... (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) ... (547) (Reply)

Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.