Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,096 members, 7,852,705 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 01:34 AM

Ninth Assembly: APC Moves To Check Saraki, Dogara’s Influence - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ninth Assembly: APC Moves To Check Saraki, Dogara’s Influence (11571 Views)

Outcry As Saraki, Dogara Sit On Late Legislators Seats / What Saraki, Dogara, Other Npdp Members Actually Want – Oyegun / EXCLUSIVE: DSS Withdraws Operatives From Saraki, Dogara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ninth Assembly: APC Moves To Check Saraki, Dogara’s Influence by valentineuwakwe(m): 7:06am On May 23, 2019
which yeye influence again.....will that one now be their main concern, when they should be settling down immediately to discuss the business of the day
Re: Ninth Assembly: APC Moves To Check Saraki, Dogara’s Influence by dokyOloye: 7:38am On May 23, 2019
alen4smith:
Despite his brilliance he was swept away by a mere slogan OTOGE!saraki is overrated!
This not a curse but .....
You are not going to ever achieve a quarter of what Saraki has achieved in your lifetime.
British trained medical doctor, Bank MD, 2 term governor, 2 term senator and Senate president, etc.
Yet ,to you,Saraki is overrated.
I pity you and the children you will transfer this stupid genes to.
Re: Ninth Assembly: APC Moves To Check Saraki, Dogara’s Influence by Erolow(f): 8:09am On May 23, 2019
Okay
Re: Ninth Assembly: APC Moves To Check Saraki, Dogara’s Influence by Seetto: 8:17am On May 23, 2019
dokyOloye:

You are not going to ever achieve a quarter of what Saraki has achieved in your lifetime.
British trained medical doctor, Bank MD, 2 term governor, 2 term senator and Senate president, etc.
May be you failed to understand what he meant by saraki being overrated, why comparing saraki personal achievement, saraki was born into a rich family, expect him to achieve more than that, he had an opportunity to school in the UK , it is like comparing your family achievement with that of orji kalu family or otedola family, never, saraki dynasty was totally crushed in kwara, from senate president and total control of kwara politics to zero, in the face of opposition, now efcc oppressing his life.

1 Like

Re: Ninth Assembly: APC Moves To Check Saraki, Dogara’s Influence by Offisteven: 9:07am On May 23, 2019
mosho2good:
Total number of votes cast during Britain Got talent 2017 = 6.2million votes

Total number of votes cast during American got talent 2017 = 52.1million votes. American population is twice Nigerian population.

Mind you, most of the votes cast on either Britain or American got talent are absolutely free because you can vote on their websites & on the Apps without paying a dime.

Total number of votes cast during “Big Brother Nigeria” 2018 = 170million votes @ N30 per sms for a show that contributes absolutely nothing to their lives. Going by the figures, it will take America & Britain combined three & half years to organise a talent show to catch up with Nigeria.

It is neither a talent show or life enhancing or promoting show. A show where two adults are kept in a cage to freely give & take sex on National Television, while the organisers make more money from the youths.

If INEC organises general election this weekend and ask Nigerian youths to vote on their mobile phones @ N10 per SMS to elect leaders that will shape their futures & the country, they will ask Nigerian Government to credit their accounts 1st before they will agree to vote in that magnitude.

“Wasted Generation” ~ Prof. Wole Soyinka called them.

“A generation that play too much, sleep too much and engage in idle chatter and gossip" ~ Chief Obafemi Awolowo foresaw

“A generation of illiterate graduates” ~ Atiku Abubakar called them in 2016

A generation that are constantly not concerned about the deteriorating conditions of their senses & not bothered about their own future~ Osquare78 knows them.

“Idle youths who sit and do nothing, but expecting everything from govt free” ~Pre. Buhari surmised about them

We all must be wary of this generation.... they are the larger chunk of Nigerian population.

It is pathetic. 170 Million votes Multiplied by N30 = N 5.1 billion and the winner got N25 million plus an SUV worth N12 million a trip and electronics. Let us even assume that sms votes is 85 million, that will be N2.55 billion. So so sad...

Bros can I copy and paste?
Re: Ninth Assembly: APC Moves To Check Saraki, Dogara’s Influence by TroubleMaker47(m): 9:10am On May 23, 2019
iammo:

And he had to bring his own stooge abi? and rejected his own sister using the political structure his father laboured and went to jail for. The Bush family, Kenedies and the clintons all have political dynasty because they dont have a traitor like Saraki in their midst... His sister had a perfect oppurtunity to become the first ever female Governor but Saraki wouldnt want that,
And that is the beauty of democracy!
More than 90% of present and past governors where once stoges to either their predecessor or some other powerful politian! Some break free and become a bigger men
(eg Amaechi from Odili, Wike from Amaechi, Akpabio from Attah, Udom from Akpabio, Obiano from Peter Obi, T A orji from Orji Uzor, Timpere silva from Alamesia, Ganduje from Kwankwaso, Fashola from Tinubu etc) while others where too docile to break emancipate themselves
(Eg.Ambode, Okezie ikpeazu, Kwara gov etc)

That is just how the system works!
So pls tell me how it is Saraki's fault that Kwara governor refused to emancipate himself even after 8yrs as the official number 1 man in Kwara? undecided
Re: Ninth Assembly: APC Moves To Check Saraki, Dogara’s Influence by alen4smith(m): 9:35am On May 23, 2019
dokyOloye:

I will be elevating you if I call you foolish for your information my destiny is not tied to your perceived saraki's greatness but when next you want to be stupid at least pity your descendants.
Re: Ninth Assembly: APC Moves To Check Saraki, Dogara’s Influence by dokyOloye: 9:45am On May 23, 2019
alen4smith:
I will be elevating you if I call you foolish for your information my destiny is not tied to your perceived saraki's greatness but when next you want to be stupid at least pity your descendants.
Lolz.
There is something called punctuation in written English oooo.
Tnx.
Odenni
Re: Ninth Assembly: APC Moves To Check Saraki, Dogara’s Influence by alen4smith(m): 10:09am On May 23, 2019
dokyOloye:

that you choose to be stupid and foolish isn't my business but to believe my destiny is limited because of saraki's intelligence is tragic!when next you want to demonstrate your idiocy at least have pity on your unborn children.

1 Like

Re: Ninth Assembly: APC Moves To Check Saraki, Dogara’s Influence by alen4smith(m): 10:10am On May 23, 2019
dokyOloye:

Lolz.
There is something called punctuation in written English oooo.
Tnx.
Odenni
my message is clear deal with it.stupid fool.

1 Like

Re: Ninth Assembly: APC Moves To Check Saraki, Dogara’s Influence by Deepthoughts: 10:26am On May 23, 2019
actiondrilling:
The All Progressives Congress has put in place strategies to ensure that the President of the Senate, Bulola Saraki; and the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Yakubu Dogara, do not influence the election of presiding officers for the Ninth National Assembly, Akelicious has learnt.

Our correspondent gathered that the national leadership of the party and the preferred candidates for the positions of presiding officers had arranged a series of meetings with members-elect to douse apprehension.

It was learnt that President Muhammadu Buhari had held Iftar (dinner for breaking of fasting) with members-elect as part of the plans.

An APC chieftain told our correspondent that the party would work hard to thwart whatever plans Saraki and Dogara had against the emergence of its anointed candidates.

Akelicious had reported that the APC leadership had endorsed Senators Ahmed Lawan and Ovie Omo-Agege as the next President of the Senate and Deputy Senate President, respectively.

It also reported that Mr Femi Gbajabiamila and Ahmed Wase, had been anointed as Speaker and Deputy Speaker respectively for the House of Representatives.

But a member of the National Working Committee of the APC said party leaders were aware of counter-moves by Dogara to frustrate the agenda of the ruling party.

He said, “We are aware of clandestine meetings he had been having with some members of the House of Representatives against the wish of the APC.

“We are not surprised because he is no longer our member; but we are watching keenly the activities of our members who had been meeting with him.

“The agenda is for the party and everybody to respect party supremacy.”

Another chieftain of the party, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said the party, was also monitoring developments in the Senate as some senators in the opposition PDP had stepped up their game to cause disaffection among the APC members, with Saraki at the background.

The APC National Publicity Secretary, Lanre Issa-Onilu, said the party was not threatened by the influence of Saraki and Dogara.

He said, “I will advise we stop talking about Dr Saraki as far as the Ninth National Assembly is concerned.

“By the time President Muhammadu Buhari will be inaugurating the Ninth National Assembly, Saraki would have become a former member. So, he is to us irrelevant to this discussion.

“Dogara would be a floor member and of the opposition party, so he has no role to play in deciding who rules for the majority.”

Saraki and Dogara had emerged in 2015 as President of the Senate and Speaker against the wish of the APC, which they then belonged.

Issa-Onilu, however, expressed confidence that the situation would be different this time.

He said, “What happened in 2015 was a coup against the people of this country. It was a very unpatriotic action. Our President told them (members-elect) that much when they had Iftar(breaking of fasting) with him.

“I can assure you that the party has done enough to ensure that those that ran on our platform are loyal members who share in the vision of the party, who understand that we have a mandate to save this country from the PDP and their nefarious collaborators.

“They also understand that it would be a betrayal of the President, the party, and indeed, majority of electorate to work for those who the people rejected at the polls.”

https://punchng.com/ninth-assembly-apc-moves-to-check-saraki-dogaras-influence/
Before the end of 2021 Nigerians would wish saraki were the Senate president,mark my words.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ninth Assembly: APC Moves To Check Saraki, Dogara’s Influence by dokyOloye: 11:05am On May 23, 2019
alen4smith:
(My)my message is clear(full stop) (Deal)deal with it.my father is a stupid fool.
Re: Ninth Assembly: APC Moves To Check Saraki, Dogara’s Influence by Nobody: 2:12pm On May 23, 2019
mosho2good:
Total number of votes cast during Britain Got talent 2017 = 6.2million votes

Total number of votes cast during American got talent 2017 = 52.1million votes. American population is twice Nigerian population.

Mind you, most of the votes cast on either Britain or American got talent are absolutely free because you can vote on their websites & on the Apps without paying a dime.

Total number of votes cast during “Big Brother Nigeria” 2018 = 170million votes @ N30 per sms for a show that contributes absolutely nothing to their lives. Going by the figures, it will take America & Britain combined three & half years to organise a talent show to catch up with Nigeria.

It is neither a talent show or life enhancing or promoting show. A show where two adults are kept in a cage to freely give & take sex on National Television, while the organisers make more money from the youths.

If INEC organises general election this weekend and ask Nigerian youths to vote on their mobile phones @ N10 per SMS to elect leaders that will shape their futures & the country, they will ask Nigerian Government to credit their accounts 1st before they will agree to vote in that magnitude.

“Wasted Generation” ~ Prof. Wole Soyinka called them.

“A generation that play too much, sleep too much and engage in idle chatter and gossip" ~ Chief Obafemi Awolowo foresaw

“A generation of illiterate graduates” ~ Atiku Abubakar called them in 2016

A generation that are constantly not concerned about the deteriorating conditions of their senses & not bothered about their own future~ Osquare78 knows them.

“Idle youths who sit and do nothing, but expecting everything from govt free” ~Pre. Buhari surmised about them

We all must be wary of this generation.... they are the larger chunk of Nigerian population.

It is pathetic. 170 Million votes Multiplied by N30 = N 5.1 billion and the winner got N25 million plus an SUV worth N12 million a trip and electronics. Let us even assume that sms votes is 85 million, that will be N2.55 billion. So so sad...

Ah. Dey lie small small na. Who are the 170m people who voted? Are you saying 90% of the country voted or what?

(1) (2) (Reply)

FG, S’East Governors, Others Commend Ugwuanyi’s Support For FRSC Academy / Buhari's Footprints On Waterways - By Femi Adesina / APC Adopts Direct Primary, Set To Reclaim Edo From PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.