Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,665 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:03 PM

My Life Is Under Threat — 106-year-old Man ! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Life Is Under Threat — 106-year-old Man ! (4836 Views)

Senators Under Threat Over Jeeps, Don’t Bring Them Home, Constituents Warn / Power Generation Falls By 480MW, Grid Under Threat - Punch / We’re Under Threat For Endorsing Buhari – Christian Group (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Life Is Under Threat — 106-year-old Man ! by wales(m): 6:30am On Sep 27, 2010
A 106-year-old man, Mr. Samuel Ugwu of Ndiagu Ameachi Awkunanaw community, in Enugu South Local Government Area of Enugu State, has petitioned the state police command over what he described as ”issuance of death threats” to him and members of his family.

He appealed to the police and state government to scuttle the alleged moves by some unknown persons to kill him and members of his family.

The petition, which was titled “Complaint on Issuance of Death Threats to my Life,” was signed by Samuel and addressed to the Assistant Commissioner of Police, Area Command Headquarters of the state command.

The centenarian alleged that the unknown hoodlums had prior to the threat to his life, his wife and two sons, kidnapped one of his sons, Chijioke Ugwu, who was released after the family had paid N500, 000 as ransom.

In the petition made available to PUNCH METRO through his son, Afam, Samuel stated that a group of armed young men invaded his apartment on Tuesday, August 17, 2010, at about 10.am, and ordered him and his household to leave the house or get killed.

According to him, when he demanded to know why the hoodlums asked him to leave his residence, they (armed men) told him that he was ”a slave bought by their forefathers in those days.”

The old man, who spoke in Igbo through an interpreter, his son, in a very low voice, said it was at that juncture that he explained to the bandits that he inherited “the place from my forefathers.”

He added that rather than listened to him, the hoodlums advised him to ”quickly follow their instruction or I will be kidnapped the way they did to my son in July this year.”

Samuel said, ”The sum of N500, 000 was paid as ransom to the kidnappers before he (his son) was freed.

“They have now shifted attention to me with serious threats, saying that nothing will happen to them if they destroy me and my family to enable them to achieve their objectives.

”I want you, the commissioner, to send your men to come and interview the villagers. They will tell you how this group has shot and wounded some people, while some have fled to the north and Lagos for safety of their lives.”

He added that out of fear that the hoodlums might carry out their threat, he hardly slept in his compound because of “these people.”

“They have always come to my house in search of my two sons as well as my daughter,” he added.

The petition also reads, “They have always boasted that they have backers and that if they kill me and my children, nobody will question them, not even the police, while they repeatedly referred to me as a slave.

“I have told them to approach the matter through the law court, instead of looking for someone else‘s blood to achieve their objective.”

The petition, which was also copied to the Assistant Inspector General of Police in charge of zone 9, Umuahia, Abia State, also stated, ”Nobody in our village can challenge these people. If you see them; they are always looking drunk with raps of Indian hemps with fearful faces.

“I am finding it difficult to sleep in my house because they may come anytime as the deadline they gave me is fast approaching.”

The Police Public Relations Officer, Mr. Ebere Amaraizu, confirmed the receipt of the petition.

“The command is looking into the matter and will take urgent steps,” he said.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201009272484425

Re: My Life Is Under Threat — 106-year-old Man ! by slap1(m): 8:36am On Sep 27, 2010
The Commissioner of Police should move swiftly asap! Life is sweet.
Re: My Life Is Under Threat — 106-year-old Man ! by Abagworo(m): 9:03am On Sep 27, 2010
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.rotflmao.106 year old man being threatened.
Re: My Life Is Under Threat — 106-year-old Man ! by Nobody: 11:00am On Sep 27, 2010
Abagworo:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.rotflmao.106 year old man being threatened.
Abi o.Nobody wan die yet everybody wan go heaven.
Re: My Life Is Under Threat — 106-year-old Man ! by solihu(m): 11:31am On Sep 27, 2010
shocked shocked shocked shocked @ Post

Wonders shall never end!
Re: My Life Is Under Threat — 106-year-old Man ! by UyiIredia(m): 11:46am On Sep 27, 2010
106 person neva wan die !!! >>> even the old fear death threats cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: My Life Is Under Threat — 106-year-old Man ! by DECOtech(m): 11:47am On Sep 27, 2010
Life in hand is worth millions in the great beyond.
Re: My Life Is Under Threat — 106-year-old Man ! by slap1(m): 11:55am On Sep 27, 2010
His mates in my village are praying to die. . .
Re: My Life Is Under Threat — 106-year-old Man ! by softgirl1: 11:58am On Sep 27, 2010
even if he will die not by gun or sharp object at least let him rest in peace
Re: My Life Is Under Threat — 106-year-old Man ! by AMIRACH: 11:58am On Sep 27, 2010
he want to die at his god's appointed time.
Re: My Life Is Under Threat — 106-year-old Man ! by Nobody: 12:12pm On Sep 27, 2010
soft girl:

even if he will die not by gun or sharp object at least let him rest in peace
ok. . .they should give him ota pia pia to drink.
Re: My Life Is Under Threat — 106-year-old Man ! by Mobinga: 12:25pm On Sep 27, 2010
Classic
Re: My Life Is Under Threat — 106-year-old Man ! by Nobody: 12:33pm On Sep 27, 2010
ok. . .they should give him ota pia pia to drink.

Death!! grin You are wicked!! grin grin

Life is sweet, even for a 106 yrs old idiokpa!
Re: My Life Is Under Threat — 106-year-old Man ! by Mobsync(m): 12:42pm On Sep 27, 2010
Make the man give up jo.
Re: My Life Is Under Threat — 106-year-old Man ! by Spyker: 12:47pm On Sep 27, 2010
The oldman may be 106 years old but he is not only saying this own his behalf but also on behalf of his children and grand children.
Life indeed is sweet and I frown at people who talk the lives of others.
Re: My Life Is Under Threat — 106-year-old Man ! by Dsense(m): 1:21pm On Sep 27, 2010
Abi oo make dis man give up asap,he's really come of age make he go rest.
Re: My Life Is Under Threat — 106-year-old Man ! by legendprac(m): 1:27pm On Sep 27, 2010
The man is more worried abt his children and the property his forefathers left him, which he plans 2 leave 4 his children,
It's not abt being 106 and not wanting to die,
Moreover, no more want to die in d hands of hoodlums, 106 or not
Re: My Life Is Under Threat — 106-year-old Man ! by kadman(m): 1:36pm On Sep 27, 2010
slap1:

ha ha ha, which village be that sef ?
Re: My Life Is Under Threat — 106-year-old Man ! by Dsense(m): 1:39pm On Sep 27, 2010
kadman:

ha ha ha, which village be that sef ?
@Kadman, u won go rescue am ,man dey procclaim se do wan kill am nd u r here asking of what village.
Re: My Life Is Under Threat — 106-year-old Man ! by usbcable(m): 1:42pm On Sep 27, 2010
Even if someone wants to die it shouldn't be at the hands of wrongdoers.
these wicked souls had extorted him via kidnapping now they want what he prolly wants to bequit to his progeny.
and worse still they are defamming his character that he was once their ''kunta-kinte''.
haba thats 2mush nah, but BTW Nigeria hard Naija tough but nobody wan die sha.
Re: My Life Is Under Threat — 106-year-old Man ! by sayso: 1:43pm On Sep 27, 2010
please people Death comes to everyone in life.are you prepared for yours?
Re: My Life Is Under Threat — 106-year-old Man ! by MaziUche0(m): 1:44pm On Sep 27, 2010
They need to leave this elder alone.
Re: My Life Is Under Threat — 106-year-old Man ! by fender(m): 1:51pm On Sep 27, 2010
Who wan die? life still dey sweet the papa.Lol
Re: My Life Is Under Threat — 106-year-old Man ! by fender(m): 1:54pm On Sep 27, 2010
If @ 106 the papa still luvs his life, then why should i allow an okada man end mine that is far cry from 106??
Re: My Life Is Under Threat — 106-year-old Man ! by Ibime(m): 2:14pm On Sep 27, 2010
Hehehehehe. . . All of una dey crase for this thread
Re: My Life Is Under Threat — 106-year-old Man ! by kadman(m): 2:16pm On Sep 27, 2010
D-sense:

@Kadman, u won go rescue am ,man dey procclaim se do wan kill am nd u r here asking of what village.

Do you people bother to read any thing before pressing the quote button ? I was talking about something entirely different, and you're here quoting me.
Re: My Life Is Under Threat — 106-year-old Man ! by AndreUweh(m): 2:21pm On Sep 27, 2010
It is the responsibility of govts to preserve life. In civilised world, even if a man is 102 and requires a surgery of £4,000. He still gets it. I have seen that happen several times. There is no need to neglect Pa Samuel because of his age.
Re: My Life Is Under Threat — 106-year-old Man ! by Nobody: 2:33pm On Sep 27, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Abi o.Nobody wan die yet everybody wan go heaven.
grin grin grin grin grin

Every threat should be taken serious tho, even tho he needs to worry more about "natural death"
Re: My Life Is Under Threat — 106-year-old Man ! by Nobody: 2:36pm On Sep 27, 2010
slap1:

grin grin grin grin
Re: My Life Is Under Threat — 106-year-old Man ! by FFA: 2:40pm On Sep 27, 2010
@ ibeme, very funny thread, any way we ave right to live.
Re: My Life Is Under Threat — 106-year-old Man ! by oludashmi(f): 2:44pm On Sep 27, 2010
Funny thread
Indeed life is sweet.
Re: My Life Is Under Threat — 106-year-old Man ! by GBT(m): 2:49pm On Sep 27, 2010
According to him, when he demanded to know why the hoodlums asked him to leave his residence, they (armed men) told him that he was ”a slave bought by their forefathers in those days.”

Is this not sick?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

We Should Stop Calling Our President A Dullard / NBC Opts For Signal Neutralisation Of Radio Biafra. / Presidency Is The Main Objective For South East Not Biafra..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.