Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,354 members, 7,829,898 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:20 PM

Foreign Films Are Better Than Local Ones By Far. Do You Agree? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Foreign Films Are Better Than Local Ones By Far. Do You Agree? (2949 Views)

Opinion: Nigerian Films Are Getting Better / Nigerian Films Are Now Becoming What You Can't Watch With Your Family These Days / Why American Films Are Ridiculous. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Foreign Films Are Better Than Local Ones By Far. Do You Agree? by SEA(m): 3:06am On May 05, 2007
Atimes, I wonder when our local films will measure up to 50% of the owrld standard.Enough of poor packaged and dry scripted films?
Re: Foreign Films Are Better Than Local Ones By Far. Do You Agree? by cuteass1(f): 12:16am On May 07, 2007
Well Rome wasn't built in a day, check out our first time movies and now, you'll see a great deal of difference and improvements

Check the foreign movies "then" and "now" and see they've also moved a step forward

I'm not sure we'll ever be in the same level, but where they are today we might get to next week only that by then they've already moved "steps" ahead.

Which will bring us back to your starting question!!!!
Re: Foreign Films Are Better Than Local Ones By Far. Do You Agree? by SEA(m): 7:07pm On May 10, 2007
Let's wake up
Re: Foreign Films Are Better Than Local Ones By Far. Do You Agree? by cuteass1(f): 10:20pm On May 10, 2007
SEA:

Let's wake up

It wouldn't be such a bad idea, if you made a phone call to our movie industry, i'm sure they'll appreciate your concern wink
Re: Foreign Films Are Better Than Local Ones By Far. Do You Agree? by iice(f): 4:07pm On May 11, 2007
@Topic i heartedly concur

Am a movie buff
Don't watch Nigerian movies (sue me) grin
Don't watch Indian movies (Not big on movies they sing thousand times in)
But i watch almost anything else.
Love Chinese movies
Love Japanese movies
Big big fan of Hollywood
Love British movies (Love their humour and the difference from Hollywood)
Love French films
Watch any incredible movie from any country - SA's Totsi, Brazil's City of God
Watch short films from up and coming artists.
Yeah am a movie buff
Re: Foreign Films Are Better Than Local Ones By Far. Do You Agree? by mufikings(m): 3:05pm On May 16, 2007
NIGERIAN MOVIES SUCK!!! grin

ITS NOT A MATTER OF TIME OR ALL THAT EXCUSE U HERE PEOPLE SAY,IT'S JUST THAT EXPERTS AND THOSE WHO AHVE THE KNOW HOW ARE NOT YET RUNNING THE INDUSTY,WHAT U HAVE NOW ARE PRODUCERS,ACTORS,ACTRESS WANNA BE'S.

THEY REALLY HAVE TO WAKE UP,I DON'T WATCH DEM,SCRIPTS ARE SO IMMATURE AND STUPID "GOD I CAN DO BETTER angry"
Re: Foreign Films Are Better Than Local Ones By Far. Do You Agree? by bishoptboy(m): 3:08pm On May 29, 2007
We need real filmmakers in Nigeria. Whose focus isnt just making money. Film making is not just about making money. Nigerian film makers should go and study film history and I know they will find out that up until the BLOCKBUSTERS ERA in in the 80's, the focus of film makers isnt money. we need to first think about making standard movie first before making money. Nollywood is not recognized for its good movies but for its number of movie released. we are not close to winning an oscar yet. The world has gone beyond making part 1,2,3 movies. Nollywood should thing about putting the funding for 10 movies into one. WHERE BOLLYWOOD AND HOLLYWOOD WAS 30 YEARS AGO WE ARE NOT THERE YET. OUR ACTION SEQUENCE STILL LOOKS VERY FAKE. The Industry needs to be well structured. cheers
Re: Foreign Films Are Better Than Local Ones By Far. Do You Agree? by sykboi(m): 9:10pm On May 30, 2007
I think nigerian movie makers dont go thru adequate trainin and schoolin before takin their experience to the big screen and experiment.We cannot be compared to hollywood in anyway and we should just realize this and strive for perfection like they do in every single movie even if they are just a few steps away.
Re: Foreign Films Are Better Than Local Ones By Far. Do You Agree? by tck2000(m): 7:59pm On May 29, 2019
j
Re: Foreign Films Are Better Than Local Ones By Far. Do You Agree? by Fm007: 12:42pm On May 30, 2019
My nic is fm007z, a movie innovative screenplay writer. Over the years have been willing to come up with a unique techniques to enrich filmmakers as a whole, but theirs a glitch on my mind thats always projecting the fear of unknown, am actually talking about the nigeria movie piracy but i never gave up cuz i believe strongly in achieving what i have passion for, and as you read this along, be it filmmaker/ investor, i want to assure you that the good news is here. Have finally found a kill n dry solution to movie production piracy, and this solution will silence movie pirate naturally. I know by now so many people would have been thinking hows that possible.
The first question we should be asking ourself is how did piracy come to play? Some said its due to economy problem, purchasing power etc
From just a film produced by a producer in hollywood his/her life will never remain the same positively, so why are we working and putting up all our hard earn effort on a mind job that will earn us stipend?
countless good numbers of producer/director/actors an crew can't even boast of 200 thousand naira in their savings account. Even the marketers are not helping matters instead they keep burning film on VCD which gave pirate the power to burn 4film on DVD, knowing too well that VCD storage capability its not more that 500mb while DVD its about 5gig. Hav u ever noticed the picture quality of nigeria film u watched on VCD and that same film on cable tv, theirs a huge different in it cuz cable tv aired raw content while we watched COMPRESSED content with poor graphics and sound (NO MATTER HOW BAD A STORY OR PLOT OF A MOVIE IS, THE PICTURE QUALITY STILL ATTRACT THE AUDIENCE)
How do hollywood movies breaks the box office?
Cinema,good quality content and a working hooked TRAILER to attract the audience.
Finally am using this medium to call the attention of investors and likes mind to invest on my tv idea that will liberate african film industry taged MOBILE CINEMA.
My name is adesanya oluwafemi (screenplay writer/cinematographer in making/director in making/ screenplay treatment writer)

(1) (Reply)

Watch Nigerian TV Series And Soap Operas Online For Free / U Mean No One Likes The Sopranos In Here. / LOOKING FOR ACTORS AND CREW FOR NEW NIGERIAN/CANADIAN FILM

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.