Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,368 members, 7,957,989 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 06:55 AM

Video:PM In London After Nigeria Declares Its Independence - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Video:PM In London After Nigeria Declares Its Independence (7047 Views)

Okorocha Spotted On A Train In London After Being Embarrassed By IPOB. Photo / Nigerian Chuka Umunna May Become First Black British PM In 2015 / Tinubu Recuperating In London After Knee Surgery In The US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Video:PM In London After Nigeria Declares Its Independence by chyz(m): 7:37pm On Sep 28, 2010
~Bluetooth:

He would preferred to have died a long time if he knew that he would grow old to become worthless and irrelevant.Awo was noble till death.

The thread is about Tafawa Balewa. Awolowo as we both no was not noble at all. Even the same person who you are crying about today, MKO Abiola, did not like persona or characteristics.He was against him. If you want to talk about achievements of Zik, Balewa, and Ojukwu, all of them were a Ruler of a country at a point in their life Awolowo was not so lets please stick to the person at hand [size=13pt]Tafawa Balewa[/size].
Re: Video:PM In London After Nigeria Declares Its Independence by jumobi1(m): 7:41pm On Sep 28, 2010
See as Nigerians like to argue over everything. What wrong did Ojukwu do to Nigeria? Why don't people leave the guy alone. He fought for his people who till today don't want to be part of Nigeria.
I think he would have been a terrible leader but that is besides the point.
Re: Video:PM In London After Nigeria Declares Its Independence by Nobody: 7:46pm On Sep 28, 2010
Onlytruth:

No, Awo had to kill himself to exit a miserable life. The Ikemba is still enjoying his beautiful wife and Igbo love. He will continue to live to see the judgment of God on our enemies.
That was a story that was never told but guessed anyways I do hope you and I would live long to see how ojukwu will be remembered if he eventually die.Zik is a forgotten hero already !
chyz:

The thread is about Tafawa Balewa. Awolowo as we both no was not noble at all. Even the same person who you are crying about today, MKO Abiola, did not like persona or characteristics.He was against him. If you want to talk about achievements of Zik, Balewa, and Ojukwu, all of them were a Ruler of a country at a point in their life Awolowo was not so lets please stick to the person at hand [size=13pt]Tafawa Balewa[/size].
I have never expected any ibo man to call Awolowo a good man cuz even Zik an ibo man was never accepted as a good ibo leader.
Re: Video:PM In London After Nigeria Declares Its Independence by jumobi1(m): 7:48pm On Sep 28, 2010
The earlier leaders studied abroad and spoke more like the British. That's why they got these appointments from the British. Ones articulacy doesn't always = intelligence or ability to lead a nation.
Re: Video:PM In London After Nigeria Declares Its Independence by jumobi1(m): 7:51pm On Sep 28, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Zik is a forgotten hero already !.

Who isn't forgotten in Nigeria?
Re: Video:PM In London After Nigeria Declares Its Independence by chyz(m): 7:52pm On Sep 28, 2010
~Bluetooth:

That was a story that was never told but guessed anyways I do hope you and I would live long to see how ojukwu will be remembered if he eventually die.Zik is a forgotten hero already !I have never expected any ibo man to call Awolowo a good man cuz even Zik an ibo man was never accepted as a good ibo leader.

Stick on topic. Stop feeling inferior to Igbos.your people accomplished many things as learn about it and [size=13pt]BE PROUD![/size]
Re: Video:PM In London After Nigeria Declares Its Independence by chyz(m): 7:54pm On Sep 28, 2010
jumobi1:

The earlier leaders studied abroad and spoke more like the British. That's why they got these appointments from the British. Ones articulacy doesn't always = intelligence or ability to lead a nation.

True. however Balewa was known by nigerians to be a great and noble leader.
Re: Video:PM In London After Nigeria Declares Its Independence by Nobody: 7:56pm On Sep 28, 2010
jumobi1:

Who isn't forgotten in Nigeria?
Some people are heroes,some are villains while some others are living dead !
Re: Video:PM In London After Nigeria Declares Its Independence by Nobody: 8:17pm On Sep 28, 2010
I have never heard Tafawa Balewa speak, I did not know his English was this good.

Folks ignore Bluetooth, he has no clue what he is doing or saying.

The dude is obsessed with Ojukwu.

Ojukwu was a great speaker and a Charismatic leader. Regardless of what you make of the civil war, the fact remains that to inspire a people to wage a secessation battle for 3years is not an act for colourless leaders who are unable to communicate.

Even every current video and audio evidence points to that fact that Ojukwu speaks very good english.

So you can only see that Bluetooth is filled with hate and having a debate with him is like having a debate with a dining table and no sane person should engage in that.
Re: Video:PM In London After Nigeria Declares Its Independence by Nobody: 8:28pm On Sep 28, 2010
Lol. . .even cowards speak good English !
Re: Video:PM In London After Nigeria Declares Its Independence by bkbabe97y(m): 8:31pm On Sep 28, 2010
chyz:

True. however Balewa was known by nigerians to be a great and noble leader.

SO WHY DID YALL IBOS TAKE IT UPON URSELVES TO KILL THIS GREAT AND NOBLE LEADER?
Re: Video:PM In London After Nigeria Declares Its Independence by chyz(m): 8:33pm On Sep 28, 2010
mikeansy:

I have never heard Tafawa Balewa speak, I did not know his English was this good.

Folks ignore Bluetooth, he has no clue what he is doing or saying.

The dude is obsessed with Ojukwu.

Ojukwu was a great speaker and a Charismatic leader. Regardless of what you make of the civil war, the fact remains that to inspire a people to wage a secessation battle for 3years is not an act for colourless leaders who are unable to communicate.

Even every current video and audio evidence points to that fact that Ojukwu speaks very good english.

So you can only see that Bluetooth is filled with hate and having a debate with him is like having a debate with a dining table and no sane person should engage in that.

LOL. I agree bro. He is ignored.nuff said. cool
Re: Video:PM In London After Nigeria Declares Its Independence by TewMuch: 9:54pm On Sep 28, 2010
Onlytruth:

As a matter of fact Ojukwu trumps Awo thoroughly. cool cool Don't take my word for it. Listen to English at its finest.

[flash=480,385]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZBhCiTkqT0?fs=1&hl=en_US[/flash]
rotflmao. i dont see it, if you say so. But where did the comparison come from? Awo is light years ahead of Ojukwu in everything. Yoruba's even named a pot after Ojukwu. hahahahha grin cheesy. Yoruba people got jokes.
Re: Video:PM In London After Nigeria Declares Its Independence by bkbabe97y(m): 1:42am On Sep 29, 2010
TewMuch:

rotflmao. i dont see it, if you say so. But where did the comparison come from? Awo is light years ahead of Ojukwu in everything. Yoruba's even named a pot after Ojukwu. hahahahha grin cheesy. Yoruba people got jokes.

Gen.Adekunle also named a Mountain-Goat after Ojukwu. . . . . .
Re: Video:PM In London After Nigeria Declares Its Independence by Arysexy(m): 2:04am On Sep 29, 2010
do u know the meaning of Awo in igbo? Frog, and u know what frogs signify? Awo descided to hang himself having being denied power by his political son MKO, he died a miserable death, the coward who wanted to annihilate the igbos through economic warfare, died on a hanging rope! what a great way to die as a yoriba hero. its abomination in igbi land
Re: Video:PM In London After Nigeria Declares Its Independence by davidif: 2:34am On Sep 29, 2010
poster,
Why did you steal my original post?? grin grin grin By the way, its so sad when one imagines what would have been had those useless Aguiyi Ironsi and Emeka Ifeajuna not destroyed our country. Nigeria might have even overtaken England long ago, instead its another banana republic so sad  cry cry cry.

Arysexy:

do u know the meaning of Awo in igbo? Frog, and u know what frogs signify? Awo descided to hang himself having being denied power by his political son MKO, he died a miserable death, the coward who wanted to annihilate the igbos through economic warfare, died on a hanging rope! what a great way to die as a yoriba hero. its abomination in igbi land
What?!?!?! Awo did not hang himself o shocked shocked shocked. I don't know where you get your misinformation from.
Re: Video:PM In London After Nigeria Declares Its Independence by MaziUche0(m): 2:46am On Sep 29, 2010
People!

This is about Balewa. His command of English language shows that Northerners can be quite educated if they want to be.

Too bad he was just a pawn for Ahamadu Bello.

With no education, Ahmadu Bello controlled Balewa, and outsmarted Zik and Awolowo.
Re: Video:PM In London After Nigeria Declares Its Independence by birdman(m): 3:28am On Sep 29, 2010
Speaking with a perfect englishman accent is neither a sign of intelligence, or personal character. WAKE UP, people.
Re: Video:PM In London After Nigeria Declares Its Independence by MaziUche0(m): 3:33am On Sep 29, 2010
birdman:

Speaking with a perfect englishman accent is neither a sign of intelligence, or personal character. WAKE UP, people.

It actually does, because English is not his native language. When someone is able to have a grasp on a language that is not his own, then it is commendable.

That is like someone being able to speak Chinese fluently. Would you not say that this man is smart?
Re: Video:PM In London After Nigeria Declares Its Independence by Basseti: 3:42am On Sep 29, 2010
MaziUche0:

That is like someone being able to speak Chinese fluently. Would you not say that this man is smart?

Nope.

All U can conclude is that the "someone" in question speaks Chinese.

However, Balewa oozes of intelligence not because he mastered the queen's english, but because he articulates logically. Read his biography and his quotes and then compare him with the ninnies we have today as leaders.
Re: Video:PM In London After Nigeria Declares Its Independence by davidif: 4:04am On Sep 29, 2010
see old school people dancing ha hahaha.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZrFW1jRNlw
Re: Video:PM In London After Nigeria Declares Its Independence by davidif: 4:05am On Sep 29, 2010
onlytruth,
How do you embed a video onto nairaland?
Re: Video:PM In London After Nigeria Declares Its Independence by MaziUche0(m): 4:11am On Sep 29, 2010
davidif:

I LOVE IT!
Re: Video:PM In London After Nigeria Declares Its Independence by bkbabe97y(m): 5:50am On Sep 29, 2010
davidif:

Nice video. Ibo language always sounds so beautiful and melodic when being sung. But, when u hear it being spoken ure like ". . . . Damn, why is he yelling at his boy?"
Re: Video:PM In London After Nigeria Declares Its Independence by chelseabmw(m): 8:05am On Sep 29, 2010
shocked shocked shocked
Re: Video:PM In London After Nigeria Declares Its Independence by MaziUche0(m): 8:11am On Sep 29, 2010
bk.babe97y:

Nice video. Ibo language always sounds so beautiful and melodic when being sung. But, when u hear it being spoken ure like ". . . . Damn, why is he yelling at his boy?"

shocked shocked shocked

You going soft?
Re: Video:PM In London After Nigeria Declares Its Independence by chyz(m): 8:14am On Sep 29, 2010
Re: Video:PM In London After Nigeria Declares Its Independence by bkbabe97y(m): 4:30pm On Sep 29, 2010
MaziUche0:

shocked shocked shocked

You going soft?

Never that, kid! I speak the truth, something most Ibo men hate!
Re: Video:PM In London After Nigeria Declares Its Independence by bawomolo(m): 4:41pm On Sep 29, 2010
a thread about tafawa balewa turns into an awo vs ojukwu debate.

only on nairaland
Re: Video:PM In London After Nigeria Declares Its Independence by Nobody: 5:05pm On Sep 29, 2010
bk.babe97y:

Nice video. [b]Ibo language always sounds so beautiful and melodic [/b]when being sung. But, when u hear it being spoken ure like ". . . . Damn, why is he yelling at his boy?"

True that
Re: Video:PM In London After Nigeria Declares Its Independence by davidif: 7:09pm On Sep 29, 2010
Its so sad that useless jerks like Aguiyi Ironsi and Ifeajuna decided to destroy this country. I am not saying that the govt at the time was perfect because Festus Okotie Eboh (Finance Minister) was a thief but the millitary had no business messing with civillian affairs. Democracy corrects itself and takes care of the culprits but the millitary hardly has any checks and balances that democracy was supposed to provide.
Re: Video:PM In London After Nigeria Declares Its Independence by asha2: 7:15pm On Sep 29, 2010
davidif:

Its so sad that useless jerks like Aguiyi Ironsi and Ifeajuna decided to destroy this country. I am not saying that the govt at the time was perfect because Festus Okotie Eboh (Finance Minister) was a thief but the millitary had no business messing with civillian affairs. Democracy corrects itself and takes care of the culprits but the millitary hardly has any checks and balances that democracy was supposed to provide.

i wonder why you keep excluding nzeogwu

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG To Spend N88billion On Ex-militants In 2013 / When Did Umaru Musa Yaradua Really Die ? / What Is "Dariqa Muslims": Political Understanding Of Muslim Divisions/groups

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.