Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,642 members, 7,823,826 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:07 PM

Is It An Abomination To Ask A Naija Lady For A Courtship Before Marriage? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It An Abomination To Ask A Naija Lady For A Courtship Before Marriage? (1507 Views)

Ladies Must Stop Doing These Things It's Abomination Not Love / How Long Should A Courtship Last? / How Long Should A Courtship Be: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It An Abomination To Ask A Naija Lady For A Courtship Before Marriage? by JesusloveU: 8:26am On Sep 28, 2010
I met this lady on nairaland,though am not based in naija and i would be coming home soon to meet her face to face.She's a graduate working class lady of 29 years old.I told her that before we can proceed for anything more serious like marriage if we click well as friend,we must go through courtship first.She strongly refused that she does not believe in courtship.She asked me why am looking for courtship because am looking for mrs.perfect.My people how can you just see a lady today and jump into marriage with her ?i think that's not normal.She has stop chatting with me because i asked for courtship.I guess she has a bad character she's hidding from men.

Advice me please before i leap.Thanks everyone.
Re: Is It An Abomination To Ask A Naija Lady For A Courtship Before Marriage? by justwise(m): 9:02am On Sep 28, 2010
JesusloveU:

I met this lady on nairaland,though am not based in naija and i would be coming home soon to meet her face to face.She's a graduate working class lady of 29 years old.I told her that before we can proceed for anything more serious like marriage if we click well as friend,we must go through courtship first.She strongly refused that she does not believe in courtship.She asked me why am looking for courtship because am looking for mrs.perfect.My people how can you just see a lady today and jump into marriage with her ?i think that's not normal.She has stop chatting with me because i asked for courtship.I guess she has a bad character she's hidding from men.

She just did you a big favour, thank her and move on.
Re: Is It An Abomination To Ask A Naija Lady For A Courtship Before Marriage? by Tosinville(m): 10:05am On Sep 28, 2010
^^^you're right.
Re: Is It An Abomination To Ask A Naija Lady For A Courtship Before Marriage? by InkedNerd(f): 10:25am On Sep 28, 2010
My dear, you need to move on. She didn't appreciate what you had to offer so it made room for someone else who did. Don't well on it. Give her the deuces and call it a day.
Re: Is It An Abomination To Ask A Naija Lady For A Courtship Before Marriage? by Echidime(m): 10:29am On Sep 28, 2010
She is matured at 29 a lady don't have to waste her time again in the name of courtship, all you can do is agree with her, make love to her enjoy yourself,and see if you can marry her or not,every woman will give you pussy if you just agree for marriage,you will be suprise that in a week you will be the one begging her for forgiveness as you want to rest from love making grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Is It An Abomination To Ask A Naija Lady For A Courtship Before Marriage? by julianH(m): 1:03pm On Sep 28, 2010
There is nothing wrong with what you asked, but that is the woman for you!

MOVE ON BRO!!!!
Re: Is It An Abomination To Ask A Naija Lady For A Courtship Before Marriage? by ZIMDRILL(m): 1:17pm On Sep 28, 2010
JesusloveU:

this is so funny

is this how you nigerians date

yes you are right but you dont even need to ask her that

where am from you ask a girl out and if she likes you, then you start dating and from how you click etc thats when you start to talk of marriage etc
Re: Is It An Abomination To Ask A Naija Lady For A Courtship Before Marriage? by justwise(m): 1:24pm On Sep 28, 2010
ZIM DRILL:

this is so funny

is this how you nigerians date

yes you are right but you dont even need to ask her that

where am from you ask a girl out and if she likes you, then you start dating and from how you click etc thats when you start to talk of marriage etc

Maybe he wants to set the record straight from day one. Zimbabweans does that as well.
Re: Is It An Abomination To Ask A Naija Lady For A Courtship Before Marriage? by Nobody: 1:27pm On Sep 28, 2010
Hey you, how are things? smiley
Re: Is It An Abomination To Ask A Naija Lady For A Courtship Before Marriage? by justwise(m): 1:31pm On Sep 28, 2010
Ebonyeyes:

Hey you, how are things? smiley

i'm gr8!, where have u been?
Re: Is It An Abomination To Ask A Naija Lady For A Courtship Before Marriage? by ZIMDRILL(m): 1:36pm On Sep 28, 2010
justwise:

Maybe he wants to set the record straight from day one. Zimbabweans does that as well.

yes thats what we do
Re: Is It An Abomination To Ask A Naija Lady For A Courtship Before Marriage? by jaybee3(m): 1:36pm On Sep 28, 2010
Na wa for you lot oh just advising the dude to move on willy nilly
Dude, what's the duration of this courtship that you are clamouring for? less than a year perhaps?
Re: Is It An Abomination To Ask A Naija Lady For A Courtship Before Marriage? by spikedcylinder: 1:38pm On Sep 28, 2010
Someone should please educate me. What does courtship mean?
Re: Is It An Abomination To Ask A Naija Lady For A Courtship Before Marriage? by jaybee3(m): 1:44pm On Sep 28, 2010
Courtship = Dating (with greater % guarantee that the relationship is going to lead to the altar)
Re: Is It An Abomination To Ask A Naija Lady For A Courtship Before Marriage? by derolly(m): 2:02pm On Sep 28, 2010
@poster
u want give that gurl heart attack with ur experiment period?  grin grin
@29 she's almost crossing the deadline grin grin
Re: Is It An Abomination To Ask A Naija Lady For A Courtship Before Marriage? by spikedcylinder: 3:24pm On Sep 28, 2010
jay bee:

Courtship = Dating (with greater % guarantee that the relationship is going to lead to the altar)

Oh I see. Both parties KNOW beforehand that they are most likely going to get married.

@ poster, maybe she doesn't want to marry you?
Re: Is It An Abomination To Ask A Naija Lady For A Courtship Before Marriage? by ZIMDRILL(m): 3:32pm On Sep 28, 2010
spikedcylinder:

Oh I see. Both parties KNOW beforehand that they are most likely going to get married.

@ poster, maybe she doesn't want to marry you?

no

it is not about knowing beforehand but just having seeing someone/dating/courtship and in that dating/courtship the relationship i works its self to marriage, when i say its self i mean the two of you clicking to the point that you say s/he is the one i want to marry

dating/courtship gives you the chance to see if you are compatible
Re: Is It An Abomination To Ask A Naija Lady For A Courtship Before Marriage? by kokoye(m): 4:29pm On Sep 28, 2010
spikedcylinder:

@ poster, maybe she doesn't want to marry you? [/color]

True dat.

I remember this was a common line back then from the ladies if they want to chase you away. . . since most guys usually run at the sound of the word 'marriage' and / or 'pregnant' cheesy
Re: Is It An Abomination To Ask A Naija Lady For A Courtship Before Marriage? by soki2ng(m): 4:47pm On Sep 28, 2010
Lesson learned i'd say. Don't mention the word "courtship" next time,  just date and see where things go from there.
FYI i always thought the two words meant the same thing "courtship / dating"
Re: Is It An Abomination To Ask A Naija Lady For A Courtship Before Marriage? by Nobody: 5:12pm On Sep 28, 2010
JesusloveU:

Maybe she's scared that you just want to f**k her in the name of courtship . . . and then tell her it didnt work out! undecided

Most women want a chance to get to know their partners very well before they get married so she has no reason to object to your courtship idea. Maybe you should reassure her that that is not your intention, or even suggest a no-sex courtship! undecided
Re: Is It An Abomination To Ask A Naija Lady For A Courtship Before Marriage? by JesusloveU: 10:05am On Sep 29, 2010
;d
Re: Is It An Abomination To Ask A Naija Lady For A Courtship Before Marriage? by spikedcylinder: 11:02am On Sep 29, 2010
ZIM DRILL:

no

it is not about knowing beforehand but just having seeing someone/dating/courtship and in that dating/courtship the relationship i works its self to marriage, when i say its self i mean the two of you clicking to the point that you say s/he is the one i want to marry

dating/courtship gives you the chance to see if you are compatible

So how then does it defer from regular dating? I assumed before that it had a religious undertone.
The term 'courtship' sounds very Victorian and I'd run away from anyone who mentioned such to me.
Kilode? In 2010? cheesy
Re: Is It An Abomination To Ask A Naija Lady For A Courtship Before Marriage? by ZIMDRILL(m): 11:07am On Sep 29, 2010
spikedcylinder:

So how then does it defer from regular dating? I assumed before that it had a religious undertone.
The term 'courtship' sounds very Victorian and I'd run away from anyone who mentioned such to me.
Kilode? In 2010? cheesy

it doesnt differ from regular dating

the only difference is the word but it is the same meaning sometimes you nigerians you use old english words and some people get confused with old english words and the current most used words

some of your words are very funny like DISVIRGIN
Re: Is It An Abomination To Ask A Naija Lady For A Courtship Before Marriage? by Tinksh(f): 11:13am On Sep 29, 2010
Thats bizarre for her to say. Has to be more to it. How can you meet online then get engaged to be married without getting to know the real person. Just doesnt sound right. Maybe she is in a hurry to marry and you where the one caught in her web, dont know. Dont let yourself get pushed into anything. Be careful for your own sake. Take care.
Re: Is It An Abomination To Ask A Naija Lady For A Courtship Before Marriage? by 1102(m): 11:29am On Sep 29, 2010
POSTER
I wont blame her

remember she's 29

she's desperate

Most are anywayz!
Re: Is It An Abomination To Ask A Naija Lady For A Courtship Before Marriage? by Tinksh(f): 11:34am On Sep 29, 2010
--190--:

POSTER
I wont blame her

remember she's 29

she's desperate

Most are anywayz!

Are you serious?? Cos she is 29 she is desperate?? Crazy!!!
Re: Is It An Abomination To Ask A Naija Lady For A Courtship Before Marriage? by 1102(m): 11:42am On Sep 29, 2010
^^
Lol, she is in Nigeria, remember

Here a lady who isnt engaged @ 25-27 isnt respected~ grin grin
Re: Is It An Abomination To Ask A Naija Lady For A Courtship Before Marriage? by Tinksh(f): 11:51am On Sep 29, 2010
wow!! Glad im not in Nigeria, hehe!!! Sorry, cross culture thing! Not like that here.
Re: Is It An Abomination To Ask A Naija Lady For A Courtship Before Marriage? by Creamish(f): 4:40pm On Sep 29, 2010
lol . . . not all 29yr olds r desperate . . wink
Re: Is It An Abomination To Ask A Naija Lady For A Courtship Before Marriage? by spikedcylinder: 4:48pm On Sep 29, 2010
Tink_sh:

wow!! Glad im not in Nigeria, hehe!!! Sorry, cross culture thing! Not like that here.

Darling, don't be deceived. There are demented souls amongst us. wink cheesy
Re: Is It An Abomination To Ask A Naija Lady For A Courtship Before Marriage? by 1102(m): 4:52pm On Sep 29, 2010

spikedcylinder:

Darling, don't be deceived. There are demented souls amongst us. wink cheesy

(1) (Reply)

A Brief Summary Of How You Celebrated Your Vals Day. / Ladies - The 'ultimate' Sacrifice / Giving A Girl 200 Hundred On W Date For Tp Is It Wrong?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.