Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,163 members, 7,856,680 topics. Date: Tuesday, 11 June 2024 at 03:24 AM

The Truth About Delta Tradition That Forbids Married Women From Sleeping Outside - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Truth About Delta Tradition That Forbids Married Women From Sleeping Outside (7336 Views)

Which Nigerian State Forbids Married Women From Adultery / Truth About Delta Tradition That Forbids Married Women From Cheating (Part 2) / 10 Things We Bet You Didn’t Know About Delta State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Truth About Delta Tradition That Forbids Married Women From Sleeping Outside by PUSSYHOE(m): 9:19am On Jun 04, 2019
Titugirl:
The Tradition is repugnant to natural justice, equity and good conscience. The men are allowed to marry many wives and cheat. Such tradition should be expunged.
So women too should be allowed to marry many and cheat?
Re: The Truth About Delta Tradition That Forbids Married Women From Sleeping Outside by enm(m): 9:40am On Jun 04, 2019
Titugirl:
The Tradition is repugnant to natural justice, equity and good conscience. The men are allowed to marry many wives and cheat. Such tradition should be expunged.

Going by your assertion polygamy should be ban or let women married more than one man. I understand your pain but what can we do? Can you sacrifice your life to do the necessary thing to change tradition? Remember this are not just ordinary rules and regulation ooh.

Let me tell you one, in some part of delta as i know it is forbidden to marry your cousin unless the generation gap is up to six and beyond, anything short of this will lead to same curse taking effect even if they know or not on the lady or guy and maybe children ( that's why their guys do enough background check before hitting on a woman ) if there is any but there is a way out for the couple if they are so much in love and adamant to be together, they will be made to take food to the dump hill and eat there after killing a goat with one eye and doing other things required by custom and the lady will forfeit any inheritance due to her in the family. Can you go through such experience?

So my sister the thing no easy as you think
Re: The Truth About Delta Tradition That Forbids Married Women From Sleeping Outside by Titugirl(f): 11:58am On Jun 04, 2019
PUSSYHOE:
So women too should be allowed to marry many and cheat?
Never said that. All I'm saying is that the men should also go through the same rites so the women can be sure that they won't cheat on them. To my mind,this tradition is unfair to a woman
Re: The Truth About Delta Tradition That Forbids Married Women From Sleeping Outside by Titugirl(f): 12:11pm On Jun 04, 2019
enm:

Going by your assertion polygamy should be ban or let women married more than one man. I understand your pain but what can we do? Can you sacrifice your life to do the necessary thing to change tradition? Remember this are not just ordinary rules and regulation ooh.

Let me tell you one, in some part of delta as i know it is forbidden to marry your cousin unless the generation gap is up to six and beyond, anything short of this will lead to same curse taking effect even if they know or not on the lady or guy and maybe children ( that's why their guys do enough background check before hitting on a woman ) if there is any but there is a way out for the couple if they are so much in love and adamant to be together, they will be made to take food to the dump hill and eat there after killing a goat with one eye and doing other things required by custom and the lady will forfeit any inheritance due to her in the family. Can you go through such experience?

So my sister the thing no easy as you think
Firstly, I'm not pained. Was only just expressing my opinion
Secondly, I'm not delta so its really not my biz and by God's grace my husband would not be from a place with these kind of traditions or we would prayerfully tackle it.
Re: The Truth About Delta Tradition That Forbids Married Women From Sleeping Outside by hollah123: 2:54pm On Jun 04, 2019
I8id:
it is a well known tradition.. I lost three siblings because of the carelessness of my mom, before we found out it was already too late
dont mind all these indomie generation kids, they don't know anything

(1) (2) (Reply)

Upcoming Nigerian Singer King Nina Goes Naked From The Waist Up In New Photos / BBNaija: After Apologies From Boma & Tega, Showmax Releases Their New Sex Video / There Are Three Kinds Of vagina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.