Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,306 members, 7,836,330 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:11 AM

Our Heart Cry: Revive Us Oh LORD, Revive For Your Use. - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Our Heart Cry: Revive Us Oh LORD, Revive For Your Use. (37507 Views)

Revive Us Oh God / Oh Lord Open Your Book Of Remembrance And Remember Me For Good / What Is The Essence Of Judgement Day When God Already Knows Our Heart? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Our Heart Cry: Revive Us Oh LORD, Revive For Your Use. by tosyne2much(m): 11:09am On Jun 16, 2019
Sex out of wedlock has come to stay.. Nothing can change it cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Our Heart Cry: Revive Us Oh LORD, Revive For Your Use. by SammyTJack: 11:11am On Jun 16, 2019
Am sorry cry
Never again shall those days return

Never Again cry
Re: Our Heart Cry: Revive Us Oh LORD, Revive For Your Use. by owila4luv(m): 11:18am On Jun 16, 2019
see the road between your legs,
Re: Our Heart Cry: Revive Us Oh LORD, Revive For Your Use. by Ugosample(m): 11:32am On Jun 16, 2019
babakb:

Please leave the Saudis out of your madness, they are not complaining.

In fact they are grateful everyday that our Creator has guided them to the religion of truth and righteousness, Which country can you compare to Qatar, Saudi, Kuwait, UAE, Malaysia etc in terms of Morality?

Islam is the only solution.

You Christians only know how to glorify and protect sinners, you and your western collaborators have succeeded in turning Europe, Central and South Asia, South, West and East Africa, North and South America to Sinners Den, even your Pope is protecting and glorifying gays and lesbians.

All praises and adoration be to Allah for guiding us to Islam.

look at this man

1 Like

Re: Our Heart Cry: Revive Us Oh LORD, Revive For Your Use. by Angelfrost(m): 11:43am On Jun 16, 2019
uuzba:
Well, Mr OP
It is not possible to reverse time.
But one can always recreat the past by studying history and putting it to practice.

Jesus said, if you want to be a follower of mine, take up your cross and follow me.

The road to salvation is a narrow and difficult path.
The road to hell is wide and easy
You were told all these.
I wonder why people who say they are Christians expect easy wonderful life
Jesus says, come to me all you who labour and are overburdened and I will give your rest.
He didn't say you should go to social media and be complaining.

The main fault lies at the feet of shepherds that have turned to hirelings... This perversion of the Gospel truth started from the pulpits. Back then, we saw the signs, raised alarm, but people called us rebellious... Now, behold the mockery the house of faith has become!

I take solace in the fact that there are still remnants that are yet to bow to this abomination we churn from the pulpits as the gospel.

Those who adorn the sacred garment of the clergy, and deliberately water down the Gospel truth of ages will face a Divine wrath too terrible to be uttered.

It is Well!!!

1 Like

Re: Our Heart Cry: Revive Us Oh LORD, Revive For Your Use. by Ikebesupa(m): 11:51am On Jun 16, 2019
kennyz247:
those days when women are give for free
those days wen tithe where not emphasized at every christian gathering
pls take me back wen nigeria is not emagameted
... Grammar will not kill you
Re: Our Heart Cry: Revive Us Oh LORD, Revive For Your Use. by cr7lomo: 12:06pm On Jun 16, 2019
safarigirl:

Society is still dictating to people and telling them who they are, society has just changed requirements and widened the scope of judges.

Today, society is dictating that virginity is outdated and acceptance is only based on your willingness to have sex out of wedlock. Society is telling you if you aren't clubbing and smoking, then you aren't living life. Society is telling you that being a babymama is fine, and people should not be held accountable for their actions.

Today, society is glorifiying criminality because the government and politicians have made things 'difficult'. Today, society is telling women the skimpier the clothes and the lighter their shades, then the easier they can be accepted. Society is telling women that theie bodies are ugly and they need to constantly change it for the approval of men, society is spreading the belief that old age is unnatural, that every sign of aging is like a disease that must be cured by surgery or 'skin care'. Society is telling women that their vaginas are more important than their brains, and telling men that you don't need to be a human being, as long as you have money.

Society is selling depression in large doses.People are feeling sad, people feel unwanted, people feel pressured to be who they are not, to please people who don't care about them. Yes, this generation is having such a great time with civilization. Peep the suicide figures for a greater appreciation of modernity

Standing ovation for u...u could not hv said it any better...one of the most intelligent posts ever on NL

3 Likes

Re: Our Heart Cry: Revive Us Oh LORD, Revive For Your Use. by cr7lomo: 12:10pm On Jun 16, 2019
Ugosample:

I don't understand the psychological undertones to these things? Lolol Lmao cheesy grin cheesy

There is a reason why you came to this world with parents and you are from a family

They have been here before you, and they are to GUIDE you for the first few years of your existence towards what is good and what is bad, and the consequences of each action

When you have been properly guided AND FULLY understand the consequences of each action, you are less likely to "make decisions under duress"

Nigeria for example is a failed, finished country; and what contributed to its failed and finished state is the FAILURE of the parents to raise BALANCED individuals the PROPER way...
what they did instead was to raise docile subservient punks.

That is why you hear most of this duress thing

For example, a daughter who was raised well by her father, and given a healthy dose of self esteem will be less likely to "give herself up" let me use your words under duress....

she values herself so much, and would rather enter into sexual relationships when she is ready for it (not necessarily when she gets married)

A man who was raised properly by his own father and is balanced is less likely to seek validation elsewhere
He got that at home already, from people that really love him.

why do these black boys in America try to seek validation by joining gangs and all that?
most if the time, there is that hole in their lives that their fathers did not fill, and they go out there to fill it....

My point is that with proper parenting and a good family structure, in the era of free will and choices, one is more inclined to make better choices

Then being forced blindly to do things

PARENTS have a huge role to play in the 21st century
you may not like the world the way it is
but you can't change it...
but then
you have to raise your kids right

And BTW it's father's day

happy father's day to all father's out there
Please let us continue to play our God given role in raising BALANCED kids.

God bless you all this Sunday every one here

I don't agree with u...there is this saying that " parents raise children, but friends train them"
Re: Our Heart Cry: Revive Us Oh LORD, Revive For Your Use. by ruffDiamond: 12:31pm On Jun 16, 2019
Palehair:

Sure, let's go back to the days where religion controlled everyone's lives and the concept of freewill and basic human rights were swept under, the days where society dictates it's laws to tell you who you are even if you aren't hurting no one, the days where women couldn't choose what to do with their bodies but the choices were left to men, the days we were told the TV is the devil's box, yea, that's rich, I'm so looking forward to going back to primitive times
things weren't that primitive in those day oo unless U are an IGK( indomie generation kids) as a matter of fact, naija was a lot OK and saner in those days..I remember a teenage girl being mocked and insulted cos of her unduly big bwest as she was deemed loose and wayward which could be partly true .. nowadays,the moral depravity has engulfed the country , making every nonsense appear normal and acceptable , thanj to the likes of Cossy, Roman Godess etc all flaunting heavy oversized mamarry glands up-and-down shamelessly for pervs to ogle and drool on,even in the presence of kids!.... by the way I'm not a fan of religion though..i don't do anyone ..but things are way way bad.even to get good girl for wife now na Herculean task as most of them have been ravished and still getting ravished..and that's what most men end up getting married to Las Las -ladies with unbelievably disgusting body counts and mileage.

1 Like

Re: Our Heart Cry: Revive Us Oh LORD, Revive For Your Use. by Ugosample(m): 12:32pm On Jun 16, 2019
cr7lomo:

I don't agree with u...there is this saying that " parents raise children, but friends train them"

Well....

Friends have influence too

but it is the values you already possess that influences your CHOICE of friends in the first place

you see where CHOICE comes in again
we don't just become friends with anybody we see

3 Likes

Re: Our Heart Cry: Revive Us Oh LORD, Revive For Your Use. by cr7lomo: 12:35pm On Jun 16, 2019
Ugosample:

Well....

Friends have influence too

but it is the values you already possess that influences your CHOICE of friends in the first place

you see where CHOICE comes in again
we don't just become friends with anybody we see

Do u think the mind of a teenager is same with an adult?? The teenage years is the time when lots of wrong choices are made ... Almost all women regret the choices made during their teenage years when they become adults
Re: Our Heart Cry: Revive Us Oh LORD, Revive For Your Use. by Ugosample(m): 12:39pm On Jun 16, 2019
cr7lomo:

Do u think the mind of a teenager is same with an adult?? The teenage years is the time when lots of wrong choices are made ... Almost all women regret the choices made during their teenage years when they become adults

we all regret some choices we made as well...

I know for sure that I do

But the parents still have to be there to GUIDE them through the teenage years...

My mum was there for me, and if not for her, my teenage years WOULD HAVE BEEN DISASTROUS

Many girls need that void filled in their lives

1 Like

Re: Our Heart Cry: Revive Us Oh LORD, Revive For Your Use. by TSRC: 12:40pm On Jun 16, 2019
We are already earnestly looking forward to the days when seven women would chase after one man as prophesied by ezekiel.

Though it is already happening, but it is not in its fullness yet.
Re: Our Heart Cry: Revive Us Oh LORD, Revive For Your Use. by OpinionCounts(m): 12:41pm On Jun 16, 2019
safarigirl:

Society is still dictating to people and telling them who they are, society has just changed requirements and widened the scope of judges.

Today, society is dictating that virginity is outdated and acceptance is only based on your willingness to have sex out of wedlock. Society is telling you if you aren't clubbing and smoking, then you aren't living life. Society is telling you that being a babymama is fine, and people should not be held accountable for their actions.

Today, society is glorifiying criminality because the government and politicians have made things 'difficult'. Today, society is telling women the skimpier the clothes and the lighter their shades, then the easier they can be accepted. Society is telling women that theie bodies are ugly and they need to constantly change it for the approval of men, society is spreading the belief that old age is unnatural, that every sign of aging is like a disease that must be cured by surgery or 'skin care'. Society is telling women that their vaginas are more important than their brains, and telling men that you don't need to be a human being, as long as you have money.

Society is selling depression in large doses.People are feeling sad, people feel unwanted, people feel pressured to be who they are not, to please people who don't care about them. Yes, this generation is having such a great time with civilization. Peep the suicide figures for a greater appreciation of modernity

I will beg God to forgive any misdeeds you may have just simply because of this post. Very intelligent, articulate and perfect for the intended reply. Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Our Heart Cry: Revive Us Oh LORD, Revive For Your Use. by Skmoda360(m): 12:43pm On Jun 16, 2019
Those days are gone, it's just memory undecided undecided
Re: Our Heart Cry: Revive Us Oh LORD, Revive For Your Use. by golddeejay(m): 1:01pm On Jun 16, 2019
Days of Adam and Eve abi? Or Sodom and Gomorrah? Human naturally have sexual urges and are canal. Thr Difference is it was happening secretly and in some corners.

Now with television, internet and social media, it has become exposed and no shame attached to it like before.

It will actually become worse, rapid developed 13 year old ( or some close age) girls with 'bloated' bodied are now wearing bum short with liberty all around and a close to 40 year old man is secretly or even openly admiring.

From the look of things, this generation will seem decent to the coming ones.

2 Likes

Re: Our Heart Cry: Revive Us Oh LORD, Revive For Your Use. by Aidejay(m): 1:07pm On Jun 16, 2019
Some people will just seat down in their house and be wailing
Creating rubbish threads here and there to express their one sided and unintellectual ideas and beliefs
And for what?
Sex out of wedlock?
Mtchwwwwww! Orisirisi rubbish
Be writing OUR
OUR who? Who follow u and be behaving like only terrible things have been happening to this world and generation. That was how one mugu was advocating for world war. WORLD WAR, because this generation to him is too soft because we haven't experienced hardship of brain conforming reset
Imagine rubbish
Re: Our Heart Cry: Revive Us Oh LORD, Revive For Your Use. by Lotechi(m): 1:26pm On Jun 16, 2019
This is not an attempt to disregard every point you raised. But as humans living in the 21st century, we should be grateful for the level of freedom or free will currently being enjoyed. Religious beliefs or sentiments should not be forced on us, neither should an adults decision that would affect only their live be branded a taboo. We were born free, and it is only normal for us to live free, without fear of being judged by the same people who would even take worst decisions if they find themselves in the shoes of the person they criticize.

1 Like

Re: Our Heart Cry: Revive Us Oh LORD, Revive For Your Use. by Greatfullheart: 1:33pm On Jun 16, 2019
haha

Re: Our Heart Cry: Revive Us Oh LORD, Revive For Your Use. by Tsolutionifede(m): 2:00pm On Jun 16, 2019
Houseofglam7:
Those days are GONE.
Keep up.
These days, sex out of wedlock is accepted and celebrated.
Crazy world undecided
as if u r not guilty of dis,
Re: Our Heart Cry: Revive Us Oh LORD, Revive For Your Use. by Tsolutionifede(m): 2:00pm On Jun 16, 2019
Houseofglam7:
Those days are GONE.
Keep up.
These days, sex out of wedlock is accepted and celebrated.
Crazy world undecided
as if u r not guilty of dis
Re: Our Heart Cry: Revive Us Oh LORD, Revive For Your Use. by Elvis778(m): 2:14pm On Jun 16, 2019
peeps4u:

There was never such day
Our fore fathers weren't even as religious as these days. They married young girls and several wives.
Let's stop this illusion please
tell them biko, tell them,

the only days in the past were den when our fore fathers even go in with their female slaves,
and his wives won't do a thing cuz they have no say, their opinion are considered useless.
Re: Our Heart Cry: Revive Us Oh LORD, Revive For Your Use. by Kulas: 3:13pm On Jun 16, 2019
Great Topic. I love it. Rate of moral decadence has been on increase

1 Like

Re: Our Heart Cry: Revive Us Oh LORD, Revive For Your Use. by Houseofglam7(f): 3:24pm On Jun 16, 2019
Tsolutionifede:
as if u r not guilty of dis
I'm sure mentioning me made you feel good about yourself.
Your business.
BOY BYE

1 Like

Re: Our Heart Cry: Revive Us Oh LORD, Revive For Your Use. by Diamondback(m): 4:41pm On Jun 16, 2019
You should have remained there in those days and not follow us to these days.
Re: Our Heart Cry: Revive Us Oh LORD, Revive For Your Use. by Tsolutionifede(m): 5:55pm On Jun 16, 2019
Houseofglam7:

I'm sure mentioning me made you feel good about yourself.
Your business.
BOY BYE
lol, feel good, say u be queen Elizabeth or diezani
Re: Our Heart Cry: Revive Us Oh LORD, Revive For Your Use. by sharpwriter(m): 6:29pm On Jun 16, 2019
TSRC:
We are already earnestly looking forward to the days when seven women would chase after one man as prophesied by ezekiel.

Though it is already happening, but it is not in its fullness yet.

Isaiah

1 Like

Re: Our Heart Cry: Revive Us Oh LORD, Revive For Your Use. by articulate078: 6:38pm On Jun 16, 2019
Elvis778:

don't bash him, his comment is the best here,

why do you think Nigeria is more of a failed state than America and Britain Despite being in top 5 most religious country?

PARENTING.
They got that more than us,
they are the best in that aspect and that's why their society is more organised, Thanks

No talk dt one oh.America get parenting pass us abi dem get leadership pass us?America dt dey parents dt live their lifes d same way dey lived in their youthful days at d expense of their children upbringing.
Re: Our Heart Cry: Revive Us Oh LORD, Revive For Your Use. by articulate078: 6:43pm On Jun 16, 2019
Lotechi:
This is not an attempt to disregard every point you raised. But as humans living in the 21st century, we should be grateful for the level of freedom or free will currently being enjoyed. Religious beliefs or sentiments should not be forced on us, neither should an adults decision that would affect only their live be branded a taboo. We were born free, and it is only normal for us to live free, without fear of being judged by the same people who would even take worst decisions if they find themselves in the shoes of the person they criticize.

Wot I don't understand is countries lyk Saudi,Iraq etc where either religious or personal sentiments of their leaders are forced on dem,are dey nt also in d 21st century?Are dey nt enjoying life over there than in d shithole country we claim to be free?

1 Like

Re: Our Heart Cry: Revive Us Oh LORD, Revive For Your Use. by Palehair: 4:34am On Jun 17, 2019
ruffDiamond:
things weren't that primitive in those day oo unless U are an IGK( indomie generation kids) as a matter of fact, naija was a lot OK and saner in those days..I remember a teenage girl being mocked and insulted cos of her unduly big bwest as she was deemed loose and wayward which could be partly true .. nowadays,the moral depravity has engulfed the country , making every nonsense appear normal and acceptable , thanj to the likes of Cossy, Roman Godess etc all flaunting heavy oversized mamarry glands up-and-down shamelessly for pervs to ogle and drool on,even in the presence of kids!.... by the way I'm not a fan of religion though..i don't do anyone ..but things are way way bad.even to get good girl for wife now na Herculean task as most of them have been ravished and still getting ravished..and that's what most men end up getting married to Las Las -ladies with unbelievably disgusting body counts and mileage.
Everyone should have a ticket to live their lives as they want to, as an adult, you grow and you have no right to blame anybody for your misdirections in life, everybody should mind their businesses, you had to mention cossy, she does her shit in the comfort of her home and page, your fight should be with the stupid bloggers who made her famous, the world is changing, stick with the times or start your cherry-gang-at-arms
Re: Our Heart Cry: Revive Us Oh LORD, Revive For Your Use. by Palehair: 4:38am On Jun 17, 2019
AbuuBilaal:

I'm not a Christian but this your comment is arrant crap.

Firstly, chastity was not only meant for women in societies. It was celebrated for men and women. Or are you too dumb to see that it takes two to have sex?

Secondly, religion is not only meant to prevent hurting others. It is also meant to prevent hurting yourself. Perhaps you should sanction the FRSC for penalising people when they don't wear helmet.

And yes, the TV is more or less the devil's box. It spreads promiscuity in the name of entertainment and all sorts.

Your body and soul doesn't belong to you, you didn't create it!
The last sentence just shows you are a Christian, can't argue with you, you have your beliefs and I have mine so I rest my case but you saying chastity was celebrated by both men and women is pretty far fetched

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

See 5 Things I Did As A Teenager That I Still Benefit From As An Adult (pictures / A Fulani Christian Shares His Challenges After Accepting Christ / What Do You Do When Your Mum Is A Witch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.