Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,667 members, 7,816,746 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:13 PM

Jonathan Orders Security Agencies To Find Kidnapped Children ! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Orders Security Agencies To Find Kidnapped Children ! (2879 Views)

Rivers Killings: Buhari Orders Security To Punish Sponsors / Court Renews Arrest Warrant On Tompolo, Orders Security Agencies To Produce Him / Rochas Orders Security To Beat-Up Anyanwu For Using Siren (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Orders Security Agencies To Find Kidnapped Children ! by Kingzy4pep(m): 4:43pm On Sep 29, 2010
@bluetooth, Why then do we have state govt? Since rivers state ws able to cub down kidnapping in their territory, what stops abia from doing the same. And why is it occuring only in abia?
Re: Jonathan Orders Security Agencies To Find Kidnapped Children ! by Godmann(m): 4:54pm On Sep 29, 2010
asha 80:

Nigerians generally have no idea of how to tackle issues and problems creatively and constructively.
bisiaet:

But brother what has Jonathan done wrong in this matter? All is not about Jonathan is all about our so called Igbo leaders pls lets call a spade a spade. They are busy doing open and secret Ndigbo this Ndigbo that has any of this so called leaders ever stand and openly say anything as per this urgly kidnapping trend? But they can gather to champion IBB for presidency while their backyard is on fire. Where is the so called self acclaimed Igbo father (Ojukwu) pls brothers has he for once get up and say look boys stop this kidnapping with immediate effect? Because he claimed he can talk any Igbo man to order. This problem is internal and lets stop attacking Jonathan if we truely belief we are that republican as we claimed and the interest of our region is paramount as we claimed why then do all these leaders keep silent and busy in helping a cursed man IBB and be dreaming of unrealistic, lies 2015 while they suppose to have talk sense to these  kidnappers?

A state of emergency was sometime ago proposed but was trashed out my people said it's an invasion of Igbo land this sorts of things annoys me a lot and this same poepl who called it invasion what was their effort to curb it? Nothing, only ego, pride, 2015, IBB project is the the main issue and let kidnapper carry on to eternity isnit?

Pls it is not Jonathan that should wake up it is we Igbo that need a wake up call. God bless  

Why will you call any Igbo leader if you are informed? Do the Igbo leaders control the security apparatus? Does Ojukwu that you call command the police, the SSS or any other security outfit? Why do we pay the police? Why did your darling Jonathan pick a failed police officer that could not control the kidnapping in Aba and make him you IG? By promoting him to IG, is Jonathan not sending a message that any police officer that helps the course of kidnappers in Aba will be promoted?

What has Jonathan right since after 7 months in power? Did it take David Cameroon such long to come up with his economic program? Did it take Obama such long? These are people coming from outside government. Your Jonathan has been around corridors of power for the past 11 years as Deput Governor, Governor, VP before becoming President; what is new that he has brought to the office?

he said he will fight corruption with his might during his declaration, when is he starting the fight? He said our pains will be his, when is he going to start? Is he not a fraud like others before him, or are you waiting till after 4/8 years before you can figure out that he has nothing in store for all Nigerians?

I don't care about  North or South, I will never care about where my President is from.

Jonathan is a rogue just most PDP members. PDP must be swept out or Nigeria will die.
Re: Jonathan Orders Security Agencies To Find Kidnapped Children ! by Nobody: 5:12pm On Sep 29, 2010
Kingzy4pep:

@bluetooth, Why then do we have state govt? Since rivers state ws able to cub down kidnapping in their territory, what stops abia from doing the same. And why is it occuring only in abia?
First and foremost,the federal power is exclusively in the hand of the president who can use sich power on the federating unit.Jonathan is the president and he has the constitutional privilege to exercise such power when necessary.
The problem in Rivers was not solved by the state governor until JTF intervened and peace returned after a strong clampdown on the militants took place.
Re: Jonathan Orders Security Agencies To Find Kidnapped Children ! by Nsiman(m): 6:15pm On Sep 29, 2010
@ bluetooth, the best person u shld blame first is ur traditional ruler and community leaders because they knw every where in the town or village and security lapses is their fault. In akwa ibom any community that a suspect of kidnapper or serrious crime the govt holds the traditional ruler of that area responsible. Gej can't be in abuja and knw ur problem(s) except u notify him as he has alot to attend to.
Re: Jonathan Orders Security Agencies To Find Kidnapped Children ! by comechop(m): 7:32pm On Sep 29, 2010
madness. madness. madness. these guys will pay for this madness. time will tell.
Re: Jonathan Orders Security Agencies To Find Kidnapped Children ! by sessy2(f): 8:38pm On Sep 29, 2010
Long story,forget talk kidnappers are in Charge jo.
Re: Jonathan Orders Security Agencies To Find Kidnapped Children ! by Nobody: 9:09pm On Sep 29, 2010
Nsiman:

@ bluetooth, the best person u shld blame first is [s]your traditional ruler and community leaders because they knw every where in the town or village and security lapses is their fault[/s]. In akwa ibom any community that a suspect of kidnapper or serrious crime the govt holds the traditional ruler of that area responsible. Gej can't be in abuja and knw your problem(s) except u notify him as he has alot to attend to.
Sorry I'm neither ibo nor a citizen of Aba however I still can't believe you guys are trying to isolate jonathan from this ugly incident.It's the responsibility of the federal government to ensure the security and safety of lives of nigeria citizens both home and away.
Re: Jonathan Orders Security Agencies To Find Kidnapped Children ! by Nobody: 10:22pm On Sep 29, 2010
Bluetooth you are so right, even though i'm a die hard GEJ supporter I can't help but see the lack of proper proactive, preventive or even reactive steps from all tiers of government concerning this issue. Its extra painful for me because even though i'd expect such offhandedness from T.A. Orji, i didn't expect it from GEJ.

As much as I want GEJ in office come 2011, he and his advisers should not forget that GEJ is still the president of Nigeria till May 29 (pending election results), and as such should be expected to use his powers to take definite, positive actions to ensure that every Nigerian life is given the best possible protection (whether kids or the elderly or journalists or petty traders or bankers or doctors or man or woman or you or me). Cos its such a clearly out of control but controllable situation.

Bluetooth, if anyone tells you again that its Abia's not the presidency's business, just remind them of the floods in northern Pakistan, did their president not leave his residence to come and attend directly to the plight and needs of the victims in the stricken areas? Or a better example; not only did Obama keep a close watch and control on all factors of the recent oil spill, but he personally visited the area and victims at least once every three weeks making sure they got their due compensations as best possible. Bear in mind that only livelihoods not lives were at risk in the oil spill, therefore it is expected that when lives are at definite risk (Nigeria's case) the president should step up, grow a pair and take control of this menace (Else i think he's indirectly telling us to take matters into our own hands).
Re: Jonathan Orders Security Agencies To Find Kidnapped Children ! by frankcj(m): 10:31pm On Sep 29, 2010
I am absolutely disapoint that  Goodluck jonathan, inability to restore adequate security to aprehend this kidnappers from the root in order to elude further calamity. Rather, he just make mockery of himself by ordering same ineffective and corrupted police to redress the issues.
Re: Jonathan Orders Security Agencies To Find Kidnapped Children ! by Top9jajamz: 7:07am On Sep 30, 2010
I am still wondering how one can successfully move 15 children about without peeps within the area knowing about it and informing the police
Finally,Those guys are well organized!
Jona jona please do something bout those kids cos i'm still deciding who i'll vote for between you(GJ) and Ribadu
so GJ campaign organizers take note!
Re: Jonathan Orders Security Agencies To Find Kidnapped Children ! by item1: 10:45am On Sep 30, 2010
monkeyleg:

Well this is all part of a very disfunctional society. How can anyone be suprised at what is happen, saw this coming years ago. The country is in total chaos, an the Nigerian police have not been doing thier job for far too long.
Kidnapping, Boko Haram, Millitants, Armed Robbers, Hired Killers. the list is endless. We are just getting to the bottom of the pit. We are indeed a wicked society
Bros you r just right. When the jungle justice of Killing started in Aba all in the name of BAKASI people like me lamented that this will certainly wipe consience from this unwholly generation. We watched human beings beheaded and felt no remorse. But nobody saw the the devil sneaking in. Now people can afford to seize others just for money and fun. the mind has been crashed already.
And the Police They are just taking advantage of the whole thing to get some more. Just go to Aba and see the lacadasical attitude with which police demand for egunje forgetting the insecurity of the place
why won't they be taken unawares
Re: Jonathan Orders Security Agencies To Find Kidnapped Children ! by UyiIredia(m): 12:03pm On Sep 30, 2010
he has shown himself to be of the same ineptitude >>> as past leaders who have thrown this country into a mess

a more dynamic action i would have applauded was sending (if possible going along himself) the newly appointed >>>

chief of Army Staff & the military to curb the anarchy prevailing in Anambra >>>

lukewarm orders + happy-go-lucky president >>> impotent leadership
Re: Jonathan Orders Security Agencies To Find Kidnapped Children ! by Nobody: 12:05pm On Sep 30, 2010
The parents wont be able to blink an eye in sleep and the kids will be crying all day.

This is the height of insanity.

If government wants us to believe they are serious, they should start paying the ransom fees of kidnapped people.
Re: Jonathan Orders Security Agencies To Find Kidnapped Children ! by Orikinla(m): 12:08pm On Sep 30, 2010
Nigerian Army Takeover Security in Aba over Kidnapped School Children.
Re: Jonathan Orders Security Agencies To Find Kidnapped Children ! by emmydee(m): 12:20pm On Sep 30, 2010
pls able police men, do it fast. fast fast.

and pls dont leave abia state until kidnapping and armed robberies stop completely.
and when they stop, ensure you also keep an eye on abia, just in case they raise their ugly heads again.
thanks a million for coming.
Re: Jonathan Orders Security Agencies To Find Kidnapped Children ! by opribo(m): 2:23pm On Sep 30, 2010
What if this kids were Jonathan's children would they stay 3 days now still counting. What if they were Gov Orjis children would they stay a minute with kidnappers. Its indeed a shame of a nation. This clearly shows that even if Jonathan spends two terms in office he lacks the political will to stop the cabal.
Re: Jonathan Orders Security Agencies To Find Kidnapped Children ! by udennaa: 4:46pm On Sep 30, 2010
seanet02:

MY iGBO BROTHERS WHY ALL THIS INJUSTICE ON CHILDREN?
this is purely generalisation,and mind you,most of the kidnappers are from the neighbouring states,so dont make it look as if its the igbos that are behind it.
Re: Jonathan Orders Security Agencies To Find Kidnapped Children ! by Olaolufred(m): 5:39pm On Sep 30, 2010
dappssee:

The parents wont be able to blink an eye in sleep and the kids will be crying all day.

This is the height of insanity.

If government wants us to believe they are serious, they should start paying the ransom fees of kidnapped people.

You are right on point. It is government's responsibility to protect the innocent citizen.
If they fail in their duty, they should be ready to pay for their failure.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bomb Blast At Aso Rock, Gej Escape Death. / Radio BIAFRA London At 11870KHZ Or1187mhz.........tune On It.......... / Buhari: US War College 1980 Set Scam Exposed.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.