Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,220 members, 7,836,065 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:14 PM

Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) (70373 Views)

Tyson Fury Reached Out To Anthonyjoshua After His Loss To Andy Ruiz Jnr / The Look On Anthony Joshua's Face After Ruiz Jr Knocked Him Out. Nigerians React / Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz Jr: Live At Madison Square Garden (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by Paulo3ree(m): 6:48am On Jun 02, 2019
Huuhmmmmm

Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by Horus(m): 6:55am On Jun 02, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9VZI7yUppY

Joshua Defeated! - Anthony Joshua vs Andy Ruiz Jr. full fight Highlights

4 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by MJBOLT: 6:55am On Jun 02, 2019
get your facts right,there are other guys who retired unbeaten

Jaqenhghar:

Even Mayweather. Some experts will argue with you that he dodged some opponents and that there were fights ( like his fight with Bernard Hopkins) where he was given the victory
That being said. Apart fron Mayweather the only man to go unbeaten was Rocky Marciano and that was because he died in his prime. As for MMA which Israel is in no i e has gone unbeaten and I dont think Israel will be the first with the way he is going
Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by mixta140: 6:55am On Jun 02, 2019
ayufun:

He's actually afraid to fight Deontay Wilder before now and this is expected to boost his confidence to fighting Wilder. But now, I can only do hmm hmm...
Forget that wilder thing joor, where was he when AJ dey pack those belt, that guy no too Sabi joor, him blow reach David Tua blow,
This same guy parker no beat am, boxing ain't like that. This Wan beat AJ clean clean accepted. Make AJ wilder fight first na. Even this AJ match you see can't stake on ruiz, you know that . Oliver beat Lewis na, same as raman, Ali sef Wan beaten. After their loss did their career end . Na one person go beat you na , u can't always win. This ruiz sef sabi well, very good counter puncher, very good . That wilder ehn, nothing technical about his fight, na this foul blow like mumu. Make wilder fight the two before you start judging AJ I beg

4 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by hamtabfawaz(m): 6:56am On Jun 02, 2019
ruiz is a drug addict! jare!
mexican amugbo embarassed undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by Horus(m): 6:57am On Jun 02, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vyZZTOFJ48

Anthony Joshua Reacts to Shocking Defeat at the Hands of Andy Ruiz Jr

2 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by PopeFlatino(m): 6:59am On Jun 02, 2019
Stop snapping with Drake u no go hear angry
Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by blowjohn(m): 7:00am On Jun 02, 2019
Ruddyman:
To say that i'm shocked is an understatement ......AJ WILL RISE AGAIN

AJ just pulled a RAMOS
IF U KNOW U KNOW
Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by Nobody: 7:00am On Jun 02, 2019
We always knew the defeat would come, but it came too early woke up to it.

Big congrats to Spuds, North London is red grin
Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by sonofElElyon: 7:01am On Jun 02, 2019
na wa o!as if he doesnt even have a say in who he marries!“hey A.J.! I wanna marry you.. now get over
here and take me to the altar pronto“

sondetoks:
grin

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by Darksider131: 7:03am On Jun 02, 2019
pweshdodo:
There is no forever champion cheesy
Mayweather bi*tch
Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by Jaqenhghar: 7:04am On Jun 02, 2019
MJBOLT:
get your facts right,there are other guys who retired unbeaten

List them you that have the facts.
Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by TVTKOKO(m): 7:06am On Jun 02, 2019
something has happened behind the scenes that we know nothing about.. I can swear my left balls that the match was fixed!!

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by Emrixx(f): 7:07am On Jun 02, 2019
[quote author=TEDHorsePower post=78941156]This is unbelievable. Anthony looked fit more than Ruiz.

For Ruiz to knock down Anthony in this manner means that you should never ever look down on anyone.

Congrats Ruiz[/qu

It's not all about the packs the guy has staminal more than Aj
Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by sonofElElyon: 7:08am On Jun 02, 2019
na wa o!as if he doesnt even have a say in who he marries!“hey A.J.! I wanna marry you.. now get over
here and take me to the altar pronto“

GrowYourSales:
Our own Anthony

Ah ah I thought he was unbeatable...I wanted to marry him that year cheesy
Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by PAQ(m): 7:10am On Jun 02, 2019
"Anthony Joshua was on ESPN saying : "hey mate Tyson Fury c'mon mate let's fight don't be scared mate let's get the promoters outta the way and let's do this man to man c'mon mate" and then he gets knocked the F out by a fat Mexican".

All muscle and fitness does not equate to strength n stamina. Hope dey for round people!

On the other hand this match could be fixed, a solid build up for a re-match.

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by MJBOLT: 7:11am On Jun 02, 2019
jimmy barry,joe calzaghe,ricardo lopez,andre ward undecided
Jaqenhghar:
List them you that have the facts.
Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by w1sEmAn: 7:11am On Jun 02, 2019
Anthony Joshua don go Bleep woman too much after him last win������ sorry bro
Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by sonofElElyon: 7:11am On Jun 02, 2019
let no one leave out the God factor in this!apart from training hard, ruiz also prayed hard.. during his interview in the ring after the match, the first person he thanked was God!he said without God, he couldnt have won...

reicherMan:
A late replacement and massive underdog, Andy Ruiz Jr. just shook up the world.

Ruiz (33-1, 22 KOs) spoiled the long-awaited U.S. debut of unified heavyweight champion and British star Anthony Joshua to score four knockdowns and record a spectacular upset via seventh-round TKO at Madison Square Garden.

Ruiz get up off the canvas early in Round 3 in order to do what oddsmakers felt was nearly impossible, he showed tremendous poise, power and fearlessness in systematically dismantling Joshua (22-1, 21 KOs) to flip the heavyweight division upside down

Ruiz, 29, a native of southern California, became the first boxer of Mexican descent to win a heavyweight title as he captured Joshua's IBF, WBA and WBO titles with excessive force and heart. The upset was arguably the biggest within the division.

"I just want to thank God for giving me this victory. Without him this wouldn't have been possible," Ruiz said. "This is what I have been dreaming about. This is what I have been working hard for, and I can't believe I just made my dreams come true."

Ruiz never backed down from there despite letting Joshua off the hook in Round 4 when it was clear both fighters were heavily fatigued. Two knockdowns later in Round 7 and referee Michael Griffin jumped in at 1:27 to wave the fight off as Joshua was weary on his feet.

With the sold-out crowd, which was largely in favor of Joshua, stunned and silent following the stoppage, Ruiz jumped around the ring in wild celebration.

"Big respect to Andy, big big respect," Joshua said. "[He's a] good fighter. Thank you America. Thank you everyone for coming out this evening. Sorry I let my friends down, sorry I let my supporters down."

Watch Video:

Source: https://www.mediahelm.com.ng/2019/06/anthony-joshua-loses-to-andy-ruiz-jr.html

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by 8stargeneral: 7:12am On Jun 02, 2019
hw come dis guy wey him body don sag finish... AJ why?
Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by mrsoft4life(m): 7:12am On Jun 02, 2019
idonbilivit...�� nothing sure for sport again o.....abeg make I sip my cold zobo AJ to the world
Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by ultimatekint(m): 7:13am On Jun 02, 2019
MrKong:
How can Joshua let that fat fnck knock him out. The guy practically look like an over fed guinea pig.

What a disgrace!
I still don't believe that that guy defeated Joshua,incredible!�️�️�️�️�️�️

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by sonofElElyon: 7:13am On Jun 02, 2019
no one can seriously claim it was fixed.. he was beaten fair, square and without a care!

PAQ:
"Anthony Joshua was on ESPN saying : "hey mate Tyson Fury c'mon mate let's fight don't be scared mate let's get the promoters outta the way and let's do this man to man c'mon mate" and then he gets knocked the F out by a fat Mexican".

All muscle and fitness does not equate to strength n stamina. Hope dey for round people!

On the other hand this match could be fixed, a solid build up for a re-match.
Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by jamace(m): 7:14am On Jun 02, 2019
This is a sell-out. AJ did not want to win.

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by Akuruoulo(m): 7:15am On Jun 02, 2019
I DONT JUST LIKE REMEMBERING THIS.

WHAT A FUCKERY
Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by PopeFlatino(m): 7:15am On Jun 02, 2019
I watched Mayweather vs Pacquiao Live at midnight when I was in UnN back then..I can assure u that Pacquiao deserved d win,he blew Mayweather away,yet the fight was given to Floyd maybe because it's at USA
Jaqenhghar:

Even Mayweather. Some experts will argue with you that he dodged some opponents and that there were fights ( like his fight with Bernard Hopkins) where he was given the victory
That being said. Apart fron Mayweather the only man to go unbeaten was Rocky Marciano and that was because he died in his prime. As for MMA which Israel is in no i e has gone unbeaten and I dont think Israel will be the first with the way he is going

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by Iwonttell(m): 7:16am On Jun 02, 2019
Joshua only has himself to blame for not listening to his coach's instructions. He didn't protect himself. He underestimated Ruiz and wanted a fast knockout.
Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by TVTKOKO(m): 7:17am On Jun 02, 2019
fekolastic:
If you know you know, How can an obese man with flappy tummy knock out a six pack fit looking boxer like AJ.
Two things, one over confidence and a sell out.
A total sell out.! The match was fixed! No one can tell me otherwise!
If there's gon be a rematch, just watch and see what AJ would do to that pumpkin

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by jamace(m): 7:18am On Jun 02, 2019
sonofElElyon:
no one can seriously claim it was fixed.. he was beaten fair, square and without a care!

Fixed match. This is not AJ's standard of fight. No aggressiveness. No usual heavy punches. Haba, Very unlike AJ.

This match should be investigated.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

U-17 Eaglets To Receive 20k Each (pictured) / The Truth About The Early 1900s Nigeria Vs India Match (1 - 99)!!! (photo) / Benjamin Pavard's Goal Voted As The Best Of The 2018 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.