Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,220 members, 7,836,065 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:15 PM

Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) - Sports (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) (70373 Views)

Tyson Fury Reached Out To Anthonyjoshua After His Loss To Andy Ruiz Jnr / The Look On Anthony Joshua's Face After Ruiz Jr Knocked Him Out. Nigerians React / Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz Jr: Live At Madison Square Garden (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by yaki84: 8:52am On Jun 02, 2019
reicherMan:
A late replacement and massive underdog, Andy Ruiz Jr. just shook up the world.

Ruiz (33-1, 22 KOs) spoiled the long-awaited U.S. debut of unified heavyweight champion and British star Anthony Joshua to score four knockdowns and record a spectacular upset via seventh-round TKO at Madison Square Garden.

Ruiz get up off the canvas early in Round 3 in order to do what oddsmakers felt was nearly impossible, he showed tremendous poise, power and fearlessness in systematically dismantling Joshua (22-1, 21 KOs) to flip the heavyweight division upside down

Ruiz, 29, a native of southern California, became the first boxer of Mexican descent to win a heavyweight title as he captured Joshua's IBF, WBA and WBO titles with excessive force and heart. The upset was arguably the biggest within the division.

"I just want to thank God for giving me this victory. Without him this wouldn't have been possible," Ruiz said. "This is what I have been dreaming about. This is what I have been working hard for, and I can't believe I just made my dreams come true."

Ruiz never backed down from there despite letting Joshua off the hook in Round 4 when it was clear both fighters were heavily fatigued. Two knockdowns later in Round 7 and referee Michael Griffin jumped in at 1:27 to wave the fight off as Joshua was weary on his feet.

With the sold-out crowd, which was largely in favor of Joshua, stunned and silent following the stoppage, Ruiz jumped around the ring in wild celebration.

"Big respect to Andy, big big respect," Joshua said. "[He's a] good fighter. Thank you America. Thank you everyone for coming out this evening. Sorry I let my friends down, sorry I let my supporters down."

Watch Video:

Source: https://www.mediahelm.com.ng/2019/06/anthony-joshua-loses-to-andy-ruiz-jr.html
Samuel Peter was defeated by A well built klitchko, but see who knocked out Aj... indomie boy
Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by darkelf: 8:55am On Jun 02, 2019
thegreencoal:
Drake's curse. It's a real curse. Sorry AJ. cry

AJ Bleep up. Period

Ain't nothing like Drake curse

Drake has been supporting the raptors and today, they're in the NBA finals......if you follow basketball

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by Yujin(m): 9:01am On Jun 02, 2019
GrowYourSales:
Our own Anthony

Ah ah I thought he was unbeatable...I wanted to marry him that year cheesy
Typical of women. "I wanted...". How situations change your decisions is inexplicable.
Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by DUBES(m): 9:02am On Jun 02, 2019
The hallmark of a legend is whom that can give punches and can receive punches. Parker was right when he sad AJ has a glass chin. How can U compare Ruiz to Klitschko. U need to hear what happened in details. At the end of round 4, AJ asked his coach what round are they? And he went on to ask his coach why is he feeling the way he is feeling? Listen to Larry Izamoje’s analysis on the details. Moreover AJ snapped with drake and boasted on breaking the drake curse, now the curse has haunted him.

Mikkyjay17:

Dude sentiment aside, Do you want to compare this match with Klitschko match?

Klitschko knocked down Joshua than this, but he came back.

AJ had fought a tough fighter than him and he still won. Abeg leave it for sport.

Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by EjaNla19(m): 9:05am On Jun 02, 2019
Feels like an arranged match to me too... D fall(s) was too easy.
But i know Anthony Joshua will come back... Sport isn’t just about winning
Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by Amujale(m): 9:09am On Jun 02, 2019
Totally shocked, is one of the biggest upsets since Buster Douglas took out Mike Tyson.

FairPlay to Andy Ruiz, looks can be deceiving, Ruiz is now the first Heavyweight Champion in history to come out of Mexico.
Although, I can’t wait for their re-match.
Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by danielck22(m): 9:09am On Jun 02, 2019
OyinO:
Truly, if you know, you know.
This is match-fixing. It was fixed Up. All the big time betting guys should know what happened.

I SWEAR BRO,

A. JOSHUA TO WIN @ 1.05 odds

A. RUIZ JR. TO WIN @ 15 odds

A. JOSHUA TO WIN BY KO/TKO @ 3.5 odds

A. RUIZ JR. TO WIN BY KO/TKO @ 110 odds

(KO-knockout, TKO- technical knockout)
I could have made cool cash by now with @least 2k stake but I laughed it up . SHITTTTT... ... .

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by amstardi: 9:10am On Jun 02, 2019
An everyday agbero for oshodi will beat this Ruiz guy black and blue.

But see who beat AJ

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by amstardi: 9:11am On Jun 02, 2019
danielck22:

I SWEAR BRO,

I could have made cool cash by now with @least 2k stake but I laughed it up . SHITTTTT... ... .
I won 2m

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by amstardi: 9:11am On Jun 02, 2019
I won 2m
danielck22:

I SWEAR BRO,

I won 2m

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by cbrass(m): 9:12am On Jun 02, 2019
Xsem:
The midget wey no even get 6 packs.This match should be investigated,I will not take it.
Bro you are not alone on this, i suspect something
Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by Nobody: 9:12am On Jun 02, 2019
PopeFlatino:
cry I don't know why everything and everyone I have supported lately looses and looses badly

Barca Lost the match to Liverpool
Barca Lost to Valencia
Barca Fans lost the ValverdeOut crysade angry
Naija Under20 kept injuring me
Every bet I have placed since February,burning
Arsenal I needed Bak in UCL was hammered

Now on a Sunday,Aj cry embarassed

You're not alone, this is how I've been feeling too. I'm definitely not supporting Nigeria at the AFCON as I don't want stories that touch. But that AJ's game looks fixed jare.
Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by aadoiza: 9:14am On Jun 02, 2019
I can't believe this!! A pot-bellied mexican boxer brutally destroyed a heavily ripped black boxer with 8-packs. Bum everywhere!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by cbrass(m): 9:19am On Jun 02, 2019
ednut1:
Yet people said he would beat wilder. Wilder has incredible stamina
Very soon we will know of this fight was fixed or not
Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by omerukokwuru(m): 9:19am On Jun 02, 2019
skales67:

You took the words right outta my mouth! Glo wey get bad luck!
is GLO cursed?
Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by djteebomber: 9:31am On Jun 02, 2019
You can't be CHAMPION always but you can LOOSE forever... Yoruba adage(Enikan o laye) No one owns the world. I still remain your ardent fan #AJ

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by dona4real(m): 9:32am On Jun 02, 2019
boxing is not a bodybuilding contest. The fat man Ruiz proved that trying to be as muscular as possible doesn't work, Joshua has always been a money grabbing hype job and now other boxers know he has no punch resistance his career will now be very shaky indeed and I'm very glad he has been found out. Big respect to Ruiz who said he would beat Joshua and did exactly that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by EjaNla19(m): 9:32am On Jun 02, 2019
Xsem:
The midget wey no even get 6 packs.This match should be investigated,I will not take it.

Something that was staged
Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by Patosky4U: 9:35am On Jun 02, 2019
from Tottenham (my barca revenge gone sour) yesterday night to AJ....

make una kwertinue.
Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by Lemon1(m): 9:36am On Jun 02, 2019
imam07:
Fixed fight
just imagine all the money they would make ,by telling Joshua to loose....99% would bet on Joshua to win.....boxing is a scam....they would collect billions of dollars from this ,Joshua would claim his belt back in the rematch ,and everything is back to where it was ....

2 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by okadoo: 9:37am On Jun 02, 2019
Never underestimate the power of a fat guy, he only has to catch you once. The Mexican may look unfit, but calling him a slob is ignorant. You don't just walk into a title fight off the street. There's whole lot of muscle under the excess flab. Just ask Joshua.
Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by SarkinYarki: 9:39am On Jun 02, 2019
ednut1:
Yet people said he would beat wilder. Wilder has incredible stamina

even AJ knew he never stood a chance against wilder and that's why he kept dodging that fight
Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 9:42am On Jun 02, 2019
Idiot Anthony Joshua. Upon all the trust I had in you, you still goofed and lost to a flat headed monkey, you'll pay for this I swear.

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by ChiefS(m): 9:42am On Jun 02, 2019
How are the mighty fallen?

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by Joystark(f): 9:56am On Jun 02, 2019
UyaiIncomparabl:
Idiot Anthony Joshua. Upon all the trust I had in you, you still goofed and lost to a flat headed monkey, you'll pay for this I swear.

Ha... kilonshele gan gan?

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by PUSSYBOY2: 10:03am On Jun 02, 2019
UyaiIncomparabl:
grin grin grin
Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by WowSweetGuy(m): 10:07am On Jun 02, 2019
amstardi:
I won 2m
seriously? BIG CONGRATS ..lemme b d first to ask u to show me small love and watch how ur days will be full of big wins henceforth...plz dnt ignore

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by Zoroaster: 10:10am On Jun 02, 2019
Xsem:
a midget is 6'2" angry
Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by Nobody: 10:14am On Jun 02, 2019
Everyone talking about heavyweight boxing and muscles is clueless about combat sports. That was in nowhere a weightlifting or bodybuilding show, it was a main event boxing match. It's like you talking about football, 6 packs is just for show and not to score goals in boxing it's for aesthetics and apart from that has no other use. Well WWE has created the impression that muscular athletes are better.

Muscles is very bad in combat sports it sucks up your gas tank and leaves you completely disorganised in the long run. If a muscular athlete meets a well balanced flat athlete, the muscular athlete has two options which are to either finish off the match early or get disgraced later on because of stamina and endurance.

Tyson was muscular and a beast but the first time he lost was when he fought pass the 5th round, Douglas knocked him out on the 7th round. Your WWE muscular Brock Lesnar has always been disgraced at the UFC constantly by an obesed Looking Cain. To be a good fighter a boxer needs an iron chin, stamina ,technique, destroyer psychology and fearful demeanor. Joshua can boast of only technique which is not enough, he lacks the rest because he is more of a boxer who has worked hard to earn everything he has earned. The rest of qualities like iron chin, stamina destroyer psychology and fearful demeanor can't be bought. They come with talent, a boxer is born with it.

Mayweather lacked talent, was also a hard worker but he was a political boxer, he would lose if he fought outside the US. Joshua's promoters and management knew this but Joshua had become the face of the sport, the one who gets all the endorsements and ambassadorship. More than 10 million women in Europe and North America would pay anything to sleep with Joshua, they sexualize his social media pages always making advances, Joshua is a fine boy.

Joshua influenced, like that, became a Class fighter with finesse, a classic British Gentleman adorned with the highest award in United Kingdom at the age of 29. He wouldn't cheat a bit or play the boxing of politics and left his yard in UK to a place were foreign champions are disgraced, the USA. As a hardworker, you are clueless, you need to train differently for each fight. The short notice to fight Ruiz when "big baby" had failed doping test was also a factor . His long term training was for Miller and not Ruiz.

Wilder has talent and doesn't work hard on his technique. The only balanced boxer is the "Gypsy King" Tyson Fury, with a technique that is out of this world, he survived a 12 round hook from Wilder. Not up to 5 people in this world would survive that. He beat Klitchscho in Ukraine and drew with Wilder (though he was cheated) in the US. He has that demeanor and psychology game.

Well, having watched many generations of boxers at ESPN Classic channel, I can say that Joshua may end up as the greatest Boxer of all time, only Mohammed Ali will be compared with him.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by PopeFlatino(m): 10:17am On Jun 02, 2019
embarassed same here..I won't support Nigeria..I even supported Atiku too cry
AryaSand:

You're not alone, this is how I've been feeling too. I'm definitely not supporting Nigeria at the AFCON as I don't want stories that touch. But that AJ's game looks fixed jare.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

U-17 Eaglets To Receive 20k Each (pictured) / The Truth About The Early 1900s Nigeria Vs India Match (1 - 99)!!! (photo) / Benjamin Pavard's Goal Voted As The Best Of The 2018 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.