Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,748 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:59 PM

Eid-el-fitr: Ekweremadu, Bago Urge Muslims To Pray For Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eid-el-fitr: Ekweremadu, Bago Urge Muslims To Pray For Nigeria (6710 Views)

Reps speakership: 195 members-elect adopt Bago - Vanguard / N'Assembly Speakership; Niger APC Dumps Umar Bago For Gbajabiamila / Mohammed Umaru Bago Declares For Speaker Of House Of Representatives (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eid-el-fitr: Ekweremadu, Bago Urge Muslims To Pray For Nigeria by owisdom58: 8:08pm On Jun 03, 2019
Deputy President of the Senate, Ike Ekweremadu and front line contender for speakership of the House of Representatives, Rt. Hon. Umar Mohammed Bago, have called on the Muslim Ummah to keep praying for the nation and also sustain the virtues imbibed in at Ramadan beyond the holy month.
Ekweremadu, in his Eid-Al-Fitr message to the Muslim Ummah on Monday, said that continually praying for the peace, security, and progress of Nigeria and walking in the right direction would surely turn the fortunes of the country around.

“I congratulate the Muslim Ummah on their successful journey of faith, discipline, peace and love throughout the month of Ramadan. Going forward, I urge them to ensure that the great virtues of peace, love, forgiveness, sacrifice, and patriotism imbibed during the Ramadan Fast are felt in every aspect of our national lives beyond the holy month.

“I urge the Muslim Ummah and indeed all Nigerians to continually pray for the nation in the face of the worrisome security and daunting national challenges. I have no doubt that with prayers and the right attitudes and policies, Nigeria will emerge stronger from her present difficulties”, Ekweremadu said.

The Senator wished the Muslim faithful and the nation a happy Eid Al-Fitri celebration.

On his part, Hon. Bago, in a statement signed by the Spokesman of his campaign organization, Hon. Victor Afam Ogene in Abuja on Monday, rejoiced with the Islamic faithful for successfully completing the Ramadan.

He enjoined the Muslim faithful to remain steadfast on their trust in Almighty Allah, praying that Nigeria’s challenges would be surmounted.

He prayed that flowing from the sacrifices and piety associated with the fasting period, the nation’s security challenges would be effectively tackled.

“On behalf of my family and campaign team, I heartily congratulate all Nigerian Muslims for the successful completion of their Ramadan fast.

“No doubt, many prayers and supplications have been offered to Almighty Allah during this holy month on many personal and national issues, especially security challenges.

“It is our hope and expectations that the Faithful Allah has heard and will bless us and rescue our country, Nigeria.

“As we celebrate, I also urge us to remember the poor and the needy in our society.

“In like manner, I urge all Nigerians to pray for the successful inauguration of the incoming national assembly, as I solicit the mandate of my revered colleagues to become the Speaker of the House of Representatives.

“It is my singular promise that my colleagues, the 9th House and I will not fail Nigerians. We will deliver if elected the Speaker”, Bago said.

The duo congratulated Nigerian Muslims on the successful completion of the month-long Ramadan fast
https://thickmatch.com/eid-el-fitr-ekweremadu-bago-urge-muslims-pray-nigeria/

Re: Eid-el-fitr: Ekweremadu, Bago Urge Muslims To Pray For Nigeria by owisdom58: 8:13pm On Jun 03, 2019
grin grin grin
Re: Eid-el-fitr: Ekweremadu, Bago Urge Muslims To Pray For Nigeria by dynicks(m): 8:14pm On Jun 03, 2019
shocked
Re: Eid-el-fitr: Ekweremadu, Bago Urge Muslims To Pray For Nigeria by shammahyaro(f): 8:15pm On Jun 03, 2019
embarassed
Re: Eid-el-fitr: Ekweremadu, Bago Urge Muslims To Pray For Nigeria by dynicks(m): 8:16pm On Jun 03, 2019
Femi1250:
[color=#000000][/color]see below
no dey post this rubbish here u this guy!....this would be my last warning to u...

5 Likes

Re: Eid-el-fitr: Ekweremadu, Bago Urge Muslims To Pray For Nigeria by QTEST007(m): 8:16pm On Jun 03, 2019
Beware of those that comes to you claiming to have seen the end of a football match even before it began.

For they are nothing but DECEPTICONS.

Transformers 3:16
Re: Eid-el-fitr: Ekweremadu, Bago Urge Muslims To Pray For Nigeria by ORACLE1975(m): 8:16pm On Jun 03, 2019
Time for sallah
Re: Eid-el-fitr: Ekweremadu, Bago Urge Muslims To Pray For Nigeria by obojememe: 8:17pm On Jun 03, 2019
abeg shey fasting don end?
Re: Eid-el-fitr: Ekweremadu, Bago Urge Muslims To Pray For Nigeria by simonlee(m): 8:17pm On Jun 03, 2019
My neighbor killed only one chicken today....he said it's ''small salah''.
if he thinks i will not taste that fowl then that whole compound will not contain us....

6 Likes

Re: Eid-el-fitr: Ekweremadu, Bago Urge Muslims To Pray For Nigeria by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 8:17pm On Jun 03, 2019
It is high time we start working for Nigeria to be better instead of praying alone.

7 Likes

Re: Eid-el-fitr: Ekweremadu, Bago Urge Muslims To Pray For Nigeria by ayukdaboss(m): 8:19pm On Jun 03, 2019
Nigeria's problem is bigger than prayer

3 Likes

Re: Eid-el-fitr: Ekweremadu, Bago Urge Muslims To Pray For Nigeria by Moreoffaith(m): 8:19pm On Jun 03, 2019
Mad people in govt

Don't do the right this g and expect prayer to fix the country problems.

Where religion will lead us to hen

Even God will fold his arm and laugh at us.

5 Likes

Re: Eid-el-fitr: Ekweremadu, Bago Urge Muslims To Pray For Nigeria by Elelfa: 8:24pm On Jun 03, 2019
No...you don't give us prayer points.

We'll pray that y'all corrupt politicians enriching yourselves, friends and families with tax payers money should die a painful death and in no distant time too.

Nigeria has no problems except greedy politicians that has been looting her treasury dry from the times of yore.

And may chukwu okike abiama answer our prayers......iseeee!!

1 Like

Re: Eid-el-fitr: Ekweremadu, Bago Urge Muslims To Pray For Nigeria by 9jayes: 8:25pm On Jun 03, 2019
Barka De Sallah
Re: Eid-el-fitr: Ekweremadu, Bago Urge Muslims To Pray For Nigeria by drslimtommy: 8:26pm On Jun 03, 2019
Femi1250:
[color=#000000][/color]see below

gtfoh!!
Re: Eid-el-fitr: Ekweremadu, Bago Urge Muslims To Pray For Nigeria by lukui: 8:26pm On Jun 03, 2019
this guy is very wise

he is jejely collecting millions while asking poor people to be praying for Nigeria

monkey dey work baboon dey chop!!!!!

our problem is not that we don't pray, our problem is that we pray too much!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Eid-el-fitr: Ekweremadu, Bago Urge Muslims To Pray For Nigeria by Emeritus001(m): 8:29pm On Jun 03, 2019
Every festive period you will be seeing pray for Nigeria, live peacefully with your neighbor and all other trash from our politicians but they are not will to change for better..... Corrupt politicians

2 Likes

Re: Eid-el-fitr: Ekweremadu, Bago Urge Muslims To Pray For Nigeria by Saao(m): 8:29pm On Jun 03, 2019
The ninth assembly Senate president and Speaker House. congrats on your elections
Re: Eid-el-fitr: Ekweremadu, Bago Urge Muslims To Pray For Nigeria by EdenH: 8:30pm On Jun 03, 2019
Nonsense. Science is the key, religion neva is. Prayers are waste of time

2 Likes

Re: Eid-el-fitr: Ekweremadu, Bago Urge Muslims To Pray For Nigeria by eddieguru(m): 8:35pm On Jun 03, 2019
But sir we've been praying for 55years but no significant change.... cool cool
Re: Eid-el-fitr: Ekweremadu, Bago Urge Muslims To Pray For Nigeria by AllenSpencer: 8:41pm On Jun 03, 2019
If prayers could help a country, I don't think the while of Europe, China, India and the US will be able to stand at par with Nigeria considering the number of Mosques and churches in Nigeria.

Nigerias case has gone beyond prayers. Work is what is required now

Na we serve God pass for the whole world and we be been on reverse momentum for over 3 decades.

Let's ban religion and get to work.it has not helped the nation one bit, rather, it's dividing us and causing more havoc
Re: Eid-el-fitr: Ekweremadu, Bago Urge Muslims To Pray For Nigeria by busomma: 9:14pm On Jun 03, 2019
Prayer isn't Nigerian problems. We hv prayed enough & God is tired of our problems cos we made them. What Nigeria really need is purposeful & intelligent leaders who can take us just one step forward. These politicians asking Muslims & Christians to pray for Nigeria hv run out of ideas, assuming they had any from the beginning.

1 Like

Re: Eid-el-fitr: Ekweremadu, Bago Urge Muslims To Pray For Nigeria by YungMillionaire: 9:31pm On Jun 03, 2019
Is Ekweremadu trying to islamize Nigeria? tongue
Re: Eid-el-fitr: Ekweremadu, Bago Urge Muslims To Pray For Nigeria by LordPsalm(m): 9:58pm On Jun 03, 2019
They should pray why you guys steal abi? well i wonder how many years Dubai and Singapore had to pray tho

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lagos State House Of Assembly Passes Year 2020 Budget / Adolphus Aghuhu: No Money Missing From Federation Account / The Full Identity Of The Lady Killed For Blasphemy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.