Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,543 members, 7,812,694 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:41 PM

Methodist Primary School, Ekotedo, Ibadan -A Forgotten Citadel Of Learning - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Methodist Primary School, Ekotedo, Ibadan -A Forgotten Citadel Of Learning (46482 Views)

Nsude Pyramids: A Forgotten Historical Edifice Built By Ancient Igbos / University Of Lagos Vs University Of Ibadan: A Head-to-head Comparison / Nsude Pyramids: A Forgotten Historical Structures Built By Ancient Igbos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Methodist Primary School, Ekotedo, Ibadan -A Forgotten Citadel Of Learning by kernniejay(m): 8:53pm On Jun 05, 2019
The school is Methodist Primary School, Akintola Road, Ekotedo, Ibadan. The school was established over 40 decades ago and it is an alma mater of many notable Nigerians both late and alive who have contributed immensely in one way or the other to the development of not just Oyo State alone, but also of Nigeria.

The school has produced Doctors, Engineers, Lawyers, Top Military Officers, Top Government Officials, Pilots, Great teachers, Clergy men, Traditional Chiefs, Business Moguls, Billionaires and men and women of repute who are making waves and impacts in the society. There are also numerous people of reckon that are now deceased, who were products of this school.

Unfortunately, Methodist Primary School, Akintola Road, Ekotedo, Ibadan has been a neglected and forgotten school, abandoned to rot away on the wide expanse of land it sits upon. Oyo State has witnessed several government administrations, from Military to Democratic era, yet the School is yet to receive any tangible attention it deserves to bail it out of the mess that has eaten it up. Not only has the School become a football arena for urchins, it has also become a habitat for reptiles and other dangerous bush creatures which are often sighted creeping and crawling on the dilapidated walls and vicinity of collapsing classrooms when teachers and pupils have dispersed for the day or during holidays.

The School has also become a very comfortable zone for weeds and harmful bush creatures. It would have been completely covered with weeds and tall grasses if not for the efforts of the Landlord of a nearby house who sometimes engages the services of labourers to clear the bush for the fear of seeing reptiles crawl into his compound from the school. The overgrown weeds can be seen almost as tall as the classrooms itself. Also, floods within the school have created gully erosions all around the school due to the rain falls. Only the brave can live anywhere near the school, mere looking at the overgrown bush in the school is enough to convince that it is good habitat for snakes and dangerous monitor lizards.

It will be a great service to humanity if the government of Oyo State under this administration opens the book of remembrance to Methodist Primary School, Ekotedo, Ibadan. This is a passionate appeal to the government to consider the gory condition of this school and take action to resuscitate it from dead. If the current Governor can refurbish the school completely from its foundation, he will write his name in Gold for generations yet unborn to see. However, if the government feels scrapping the school would be a better option to end the mess once and for all, there are better structures the land can be used for which will be more beneficial than wasting away. But if the government wishes to keep the legacy of the school, it should be given an entirely new look or better still sold to private investors.

The government will do a huge favour to the neighbourhood where the school is located, by refurbishing the school and bringing it back to its lost glory, which will finally enable the people living close to the school sleep peacefully with two eyes closed. Also, if the old students of the school can rally round and come together to revive their alma mata by pulling down and reconstructing in a new model without waiting for government intervention, the school would be great again.

Moreover, we earnestly hope that the current government in Oyo State would yield to the plight of this School unlike past governments in the State.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Methodist Primary School, Ekotedo, Ibadan -A Forgotten Citadel Of Learning by SLAP44: 9:07pm On Jun 05, 2019
I want to ask, is the blue roof part of Ibadan?

I thought it's only browns? lipsrsealed

113 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Methodist Primary School, Ekotedo, Ibadan -A Forgotten Citadel Of Learning by Unlimitk(m): 9:10pm On Jun 05, 2019
SLAP44:

Something dey do ur brain

168 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Methodist Primary School, Ekotedo, Ibadan -A Forgotten Citadel Of Learning by Unlimitk(m): 9:12pm On Jun 05, 2019
Guy,don't worry seyi makinde is a technocrattechnocrat
He will look into it
He is not like those old illiterate governors that have governed oyo state

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Methodist Primary School, Ekotedo, Ibadan -A Forgotten Citadel Of Learning by SLAP44: 9:32pm On Jun 05, 2019
Unlimitk:

It's just an innocent question na!
Considering that the whole ibadan is made up of only brown roofs. It's surprising to see a single blue roof in the whole city.

95 Likes 1 Share

Re: Methodist Primary School, Ekotedo, Ibadan -A Forgotten Citadel Of Learning by SLAP44: 9:36pm On Jun 05, 2019
Unlimitk:
Guy,don't worry seyi makinde is a technocrattechnocrat
He will look into it
He is not like those old illiterate governors that have governed oyo state

Ajimobi and all other SW governors really tried, their major undoing was paying 60% of their allocation to Tinubu

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Methodist Primary School, Ekotedo, Ibadan -A Forgotten Citadel Of Learning by iamgenius(m): 9:50pm On Jun 05, 2019
SLAP44:

The brown ones are made in Ibadan. Other coulors are undecided

3 Likes

Re: Methodist Primary School, Ekotedo, Ibadan -A Forgotten Citadel Of Learning by iamgenius(m): 9:51pm On Jun 05, 2019
Unlimitk:

You noticed that too. He needs 44Slaps.

7 Likes

Re: Methodist Primary School, Ekotedo, Ibadan -A Forgotten Citadel Of Learning by dadavivo: 9:53pm On Jun 05, 2019
Brown roof republic of Oduduwa, in a whole local government only one person can afford blue roof?

67 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Methodist Primary School, Ekotedo, Ibadan -A Forgotten Citadel Of Learning by Lamasta(m): 9:53pm On Jun 05, 2019
It pains me that even after social media cries government still hardly respond imagine the kind of environment children learn from everyday?
Governor Seyi Makinde should just do the needful cool

1 Like

Re: Methodist Primary School, Ekotedo, Ibadan -A Forgotten Citadel Of Learning by agadez007(m): 9:53pm On Jun 05, 2019
Yoruba people would have rushed in to comment Nonsense if this were in an Igbo state or thread,one would think that ibbadan the brown roof capital is Rome and Oshogbo is Paris

well I am not a tribalist and never will be but in my humble opinion I think the dilapidated school would remain so cos all their men are now lagosians in Lagos,even the ones that travelled more than four hours to Lagos are telling another Nigerian who travelled six hours to go back to his village

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Methodist Primary School, Ekotedo, Ibadan -A Forgotten Citadel Of Learning by tosinornottosin: 9:53pm On Jun 05, 2019
Great
Re: Methodist Primary School, Ekotedo, Ibadan -A Forgotten Citadel Of Learning by gnykelly(m): 9:54pm On Jun 05, 2019
What nonsense 40 decades ago how possible

4 Likes

Re: Methodist Primary School, Ekotedo, Ibadan -A Forgotten Citadel Of Learning by blessedweapon(m): 9:54pm On Jun 05, 2019
Which way Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Methodist Primary School, Ekotedo, Ibadan -A Forgotten Citadel Of Learning by erifeoluwasimi(f): 9:54pm On Jun 05, 2019
This is bad
Re: Methodist Primary School, Ekotedo, Ibadan -A Forgotten Citadel Of Learning by Charly68: 9:54pm On Jun 05, 2019
Send this to Gov Seyi's fb wall .thank you

1 Like

Re: Methodist Primary School, Ekotedo, Ibadan -A Forgotten Citadel Of Learning by stainlink(m): 9:54pm On Jun 05, 2019
40 decades is 400 years o.
Haba, 16th century maa ni angry

Who record am?

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Methodist Primary School, Ekotedo, Ibadan -A Forgotten Citadel Of Learning by YOUNGELDER1(m): 9:55pm On Jun 05, 2019
dadavivo:
Brown roof republic of Oduduwa, in a whole local government only one person can afford blue roof?
SLAP44:

Grow up!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Methodist Primary School, Ekotedo, Ibadan -A Forgotten Citadel Of Learning by majamajic(m): 9:55pm On Jun 05, 2019
sex style guy never come ? , this thread , let me book this space first

meanwhile God don pick this school call

2 Likes

Re: Methodist Primary School, Ekotedo, Ibadan -A Forgotten Citadel Of Learning by omoadeleye(m): 9:58pm On Jun 05, 2019
G
Re: Methodist Primary School, Ekotedo, Ibadan -A Forgotten Citadel Of Learning by iamgenius(m): 9:58pm On Jun 05, 2019
gnykelly:
What nonsense 40 decades ago how possible
He meant 4 decades.

5 Likes

Re: Methodist Primary School, Ekotedo, Ibadan -A Forgotten Citadel Of Learning by seunak2016: 9:59pm On Jun 05, 2019
the new governor just enter,let's give him a time
Re: Methodist Primary School, Ekotedo, Ibadan -A Forgotten Citadel Of Learning by TotoNaRubber: 10:00pm On Jun 05, 2019
haha, that blue roof you see in the middle is owned

by an Ibo man.

SLAP44:

It's just an innocent question na!
Considering that the whole ibadan is made up of only brown roofs. It's surprising to see a single blue roof in the whole city.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Methodist Primary School, Ekotedo, Ibadan -A Forgotten Citadel Of Learning by Unbiased1: 10:00pm On Jun 05, 2019
lol. And this is the same state that generated more IGR than New York city.

spits..

9 Likes

Re: Methodist Primary School, Ekotedo, Ibadan -A Forgotten Citadel Of Learning by SLAP44: 10:00pm On Jun 05, 2019
dadavivo:

I wonder of grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Methodist Primary School, Ekotedo, Ibadan -A Forgotten Citadel Of Learning by SLAP44: 10:00pm On Jun 05, 2019
TotoNaRubber:

haha, that blue roof you see in the middle is owned by an Ibo man.

I believe you grin

15 Likes

Re: Methodist Primary School, Ekotedo, Ibadan -A Forgotten Citadel Of Learning by Unbiased1: 10:01pm On Jun 05, 2019
stainlink:
40 decades is 400 years o.
Haba, 16th century maa ni angry

Who record am?

He meant 4 decades ago

4 Likes

Re: Methodist Primary School, Ekotedo, Ibadan -A Forgotten Citadel Of Learning by kernniejay(m): 10:02pm On Jun 05, 2019
More pictures…
@GovSeyiMakinde
@OyoState
@OyoSubeb
@oyostategovernment
@Oyoeducation

Re: Methodist Primary School, Ekotedo, Ibadan -A Forgotten Citadel Of Learning by elasticlala: 10:02pm On Jun 05, 2019
The Alligator in the third pix is also a stakeholder there

12 Likes

Re: Methodist Primary School, Ekotedo, Ibadan -A Forgotten Citadel Of Learning by SLAP44: 10:03pm On Jun 05, 2019
agadez007:
Yoruba people would have rushed in to comment Nonsense if this were in an Igbo state or thread,one would think that ibbadan the brown roof capital is Rome and Oshogbo is Paris

well I am not a tribalist and never will be but in my humble opinion I think the dilapidated school would remain so cos all their men are now lagosians in Lagos,even the ones that travelled more than four hours to Lagos are telling another Nigerian who travelled six hours to go back to his village

My belle ooh grin grin grin grin

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Methodist Primary School, Ekotedo, Ibadan -A Forgotten Citadel Of Learning by iHart(m): 10:05pm On Jun 05, 2019
Wait oh, is what I am seeing in the third picture a lizard, monitor lizard, alligator or crocodile?

4 Likes

Re: Methodist Primary School, Ekotedo, Ibadan -A Forgotten Citadel Of Learning by mushystuff: 10:05pm On Jun 05, 2019
Please was it established 40 years ago or 40 decades ie 4 centuries ago?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

18 Interesting Pictures From The Past You’ve Probably Not Seen Before / Covenant Polytechnic Student Dies In Accident After Graduation (Photos) / If You Have The Opportunity Of Removing Any Subject From Education (PHOTO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.