Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,074 members, 7,828,790 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:14 PM

A Lagos Church Gives Award To Deserving Policemen (pics Included) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Lagos Church Gives Award To Deserving Policemen (pics Included) (3753 Views)

FG Cancels Pipeline Protection Contracts’ Award To Ethnic Militias / Tunde Bakare's Church Gives Update On His Health, Thanks Nigerians / Another Trekker From Taraba To Abuja To Present An Award To President Gej-pix (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Lagos Church Gives Award To Deserving Policemen (pics Included) by unclebros: 2:17pm On Sep 30, 2010
Harvest Place church in Maryland (10, Emmanuel street, along Elomaz hotel) on 29th of september prayed for the Nigerian Police and also gave awards to deserving policemen.It was also an avenue to launch a sticker tagged ' Lets pray for our Police'. Please look out for these stickers.

Please see attached pics
What do you guys think?

Re: A Lagos Church Gives Award To Deserving Policemen (pics Included) by unclebros: 2:22pm On Sep 30, 2010
More Pics

Re: A Lagos Church Gives Award To Deserving Policemen (pics Included) by unclebros: 2:32pm On Sep 30, 2010
More pics

Re: A Lagos Church Gives Award To Deserving Policemen (pics Included) by Fhemmmy: 2:34pm On Sep 30, 2010
Lol . . . Nigeria is really funny, i can see they have been watching too much soap opera
Re: A Lagos Church Gives Award To Deserving Policemen (pics Included) by marcus1234: 3:17pm On Sep 30, 2010
Re: A Lagos Church Gives Award To Deserving Policemen (pics Included) by villous(m): 3:28pm On Sep 30, 2010
wetin they special i was expecting to see akin and pawpaw in dis scene wen is d part two of dis short playlet coming out, pls my people u never see any of dis people for una junction b4 pls send us info about each person
Re: A Lagos Church Gives Award To Deserving Policemen (pics Included) by Tcrack(m): 3:28pm On Sep 30, 2010
i think its a good developtment. not only politicians deserve award. the only thing is, what it the yardstick used by the church to determine "deserving policemen"?
Re: A Lagos Church Gives Award To Deserving Policemen (pics Included) by labiyemmy(m): 3:32pm On Sep 30, 2010
Wait until your NairaLand members rubbish the effort.

What they cant do, they speak ill about it when others do it.
Re: A Lagos Church Gives Award To Deserving Policemen (pics Included) by matiltomd(f): 3:37pm On Sep 30, 2010
Those uniforms look pretty new, grin grin grin How come? cheesy
But on the other hand,i think they really deserve to be prayed for;a lot of demons working in them, tongue
Re: A Lagos Church Gives Award To Deserving Policemen (pics Included) by homerac7: 3:43pm On Sep 30, 2010
@labbyemmi,

Shut up dia! I knw d Edgar guy wells for Area F command in Ikeja, d guy corrupt pass gutter. Na him u com say make I no laugh for ds church comedy junction. Na him b say abacha set deserve such honour frm Holy See.
Re: A Lagos Church Gives Award To Deserving Policemen (pics Included) by villous(m): 3:47pm On Sep 30, 2010
Deliverance from accidental discharge
night wandering
Re: A Lagos Church Gives Award To Deserving Policemen (pics Included) by yeswecan(m): 3:48pm On Sep 30, 2010
How do they know the awarded Policemen deserve the prize? i doubt the church conducted any research to know who is honour deserving . . . Organisations should learn to play their position  and stay on track. . If i am not mistaken the duty of the church is not to award to Policemen. I’m just been critical here.
Re: A Lagos Church Gives Award To Deserving Policemen (pics Included) by 198: 3:57pm On Sep 30, 2010
wetin concern church concern police-men

is that how they ought to help the less privileged

Only in 9ja!
Re: A Lagos Church Gives Award To Deserving Policemen (pics Included) by hackney(m): 4:05pm On Sep 30, 2010
matiltom_d:

Those uniforms look pretty new, grin grin grin How come? cheesy
But on the other hand,i think they really deserve to be prayed for;a lot of demons working in them, tongue

Spot on.
Re: A Lagos Church Gives Award To Deserving Policemen (pics Included) by joesbuba: 4:06pm On Sep 30, 2010
fake church they should have spend that money on less privelage
Re: A Lagos Church Gives Award To Deserving Policemen (pics Included) by yeswecan(m): 4:09pm On Sep 30, 2010
matiltom_d:

Those uniforms look pretty new,  grin grin grin How come? cheesy
But on the other hand,i think they really deserve to be prayed for;a lot of demons working in them,  tongue

Prayer is different from performance award . . I know you don't need me to explain that
Re: A Lagos Church Gives Award To Deserving Policemen (pics Included) by ekea2001: 4:18pm On Sep 30, 2010
how many of them can stand just 1 munite (60 secs) of shoot out with armed criminals? lol!
Re: A Lagos Church Gives Award To Deserving Policemen (pics Included) by yeswecan(m): 4:19pm On Sep 30, 2010
ekea2001:

how many of them can stand just 1 munite (60 secs) of shoot out with armed criminals? lol!

YOU ARE A JOKE.
Re: A Lagos Church Gives Award To Deserving Policemen (pics Included) by unclebros: 4:40pm On Sep 30, 2010
The police is just a reflection of our society, Our politicians are worse , its because most of us have interactions with them daily that we know about their shortcomings. Other agencies of the government are as corrupt as the police, e.g, do you guys know what goes on in the nigerian customs, immigration, NNPC, PHCN etc ??

What we are saying is that we know our police is bad and we have all cursed them, i think this church is just going the other way by praying for them, wont you agree with me that prayers are better than curses?

If curses haven't worked why not try prayers.
See the Stickers that was unveiled at the program. We all need to spread this message and lets see a Change!
These stickers are FREE, contact 08029563137 if you need some

Re: A Lagos Church Gives Award To Deserving Policemen (pics Included) by eros(m): 4:47pm On Sep 30, 2010
Hmmmm!!!! These policemen and women look angry because instead of money, they are been given award placard. Wetin them wan do with placard Instead make them give them "SHENDI" make them use drink shepe and feel alright. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Seriously, the only thing the church can do for these blood suckers if they cannot give them money is fast and pray for them. These guys need all the prayers and fasting anyone can offer for them.
Re: A Lagos Church Gives Award To Deserving Policemen (pics Included) by honeric01(m): 5:07pm On Sep 30, 2010
Any car owner in Lagos who's wise enough should buy the sticker, have it stuck on his or her screen, infact, if possible, stick up 10, this gesture is going to send smiling police men your way and it will save you from alot of time wasting and questions like "what is your car's date of birth"? how many times have you changed your front Tyre since you bought your car?

if u get sense, go get the sticker asap! cheesy
Re: A Lagos Church Gives Award To Deserving Policemen (pics Included) by na2day(m): 5:25pm On Sep 30, 2010
@HONERIC01
grin  grin  grin ROFLMAO  grin  grin  grin
Yeah, the sticker will save you dishing out kola at every checkpoint  grin

Just tell them u're one of their prayer warriors  grin  grin  grin
Re: A Lagos Church Gives Award To Deserving Policemen (pics Included) by Monacopimp: 6:44pm On Sep 30, 2010
How did they select award recipient?
Re: A Lagos Church Gives Award To Deserving Policemen (pics Included) by bawomolo(m): 7:10pm On Sep 30, 2010
gatefee to the event was 20 naira
Re: A Lagos Church Gives Award To Deserving Policemen (pics Included) by unclebros: 7:14pm On Sep 30, 2010
There was no gate fee, it was open to the members of the public, it was even discussed on Silverbird television. The list of award recipient was given by the Area F' DPO. This is the first of its kind and the church is also set to do more for the police in many areas. We want to effect a change in a sector of this country , please join us. Yes We Can!
Re: A Lagos Church Gives Award To Deserving Policemen (pics Included) by Osama10(m): 7:31pm On Sep 30, 2010
-190:

wetin concern church concern police-men

is that how they ought to help the less privileged

Only in 9ja!

I wonder-ment oh. grin
Re: A Lagos Church Gives Award To Deserving Policemen (pics Included) by bawomolo(m): 7:42pm On Sep 30, 2010
police is less privilege in naija o

did you not see the picture of the officer eating agege bread?
Re: A Lagos Church Gives Award To Deserving Policemen (pics Included) by SkyBlue1: 8:13pm On Sep 30, 2010
Gosh, posters its not every single flipping thing you have to criticise or make jest of. How demoralising it is to be a police officer in a country that does not even have a clear mechanism for rewarding or even showing some appreciation to officers who excel. How much is the average police officer paid? Have you been to the barracks where they live? They are under equipped, under trained, under paid, bathed in insults and ridiculed by the public, and you still expect these same people to be paragons of professionalism in the dispensation of their duties? How demoralising it must be serving as a police officer in Nigeria indeed.
Re: A Lagos Church Gives Award To Deserving Policemen (pics Included) by unclebros: 8:22pm On Sep 30, 2010
@sky blue, thanks for your response.
Re: A Lagos Church Gives Award To Deserving Policemen (pics Included) by talk2docee: 8:26pm On Sep 30, 2010
be part of the jubilation, make free calls to your friends, its real its nice. let us celebrate the awuff visit http://24hoursfreecall.tk
Re: A Lagos Church Gives Award To Deserving Policemen (pics Included) by Ibomade1: 8:29pm On Sep 30, 2010
I believe it is a laudable development because after all has been said and done, every society deserves the police they have. Primarily because they are the true reflection of the people.
Re: A Lagos Church Gives Award To Deserving Policemen (pics Included) by Ibomade1: 8:31pm On Sep 30, 2010
Sky Blue:

Gosh, posters its not every single flipping thing you have to criticise or make jest of. How demoralising it is to be a police officer in a country that does not even have a clear mechanism for rewarding or even showing some appreciation to officers who excel. How much is the average police officer paid? Have you been to the barracks where they live? They are under equipped, under trained, under paid, bathed in insults and ridiculed by the public, and you still expect these same people to be paragons of professionalism in the dispensation of their duties? How demoralising it must be serving as a police officer in Nigeria indeed.

True Talk Bro !!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Election Violence: Update From Enugu / Post Election Violence: No Life Was Lost In Kano, Says / I Will Always Be Involved In Lagos Politics - Aregbesola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.