Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,367 members, 7,819,319 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:21 PM

Post Election Violence: No Life Was Lost In Kano, Says - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Post Election Violence: No Life Was Lost In Kano, Says (3748 Views)

Kwankwaso’s Greatest Mistake In Life Was Installing Ganduje As Governor – Aide / Shun Violence, No Politician Is Worth Your Blood – 2face Tells Kogi Youths / Group Supplies ICC With Evidence Linking Buhari To 2011 Post-election Violence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Post Election Violence: No Life Was Lost In Kano, Says by Abagworo(m): 7:15pm On Apr 22, 2011
Abuja -

The National Emergency Management Agency, NEMA, has said , yesterday, that no life was lost in Kano during the recent political violence in the state. A statement from Mr Yushau Shuaib, the head of the media in NEMA, said the state’s Commissioner of Police, Alhaji Dan-Azumi Doma, clarified the situation when he received the special presidential committee on the plight of displaced people as a result of the violence. The statement, however, said that some properties were destroyed while some people sustained injuries during the crisis, ” He added that from the preliminary reports by response agencies, the crises were neither religious nor ethnic.
Re: Post Election Violence: No Life Was Lost In Kano, Says by Abagworo(m): 7:17pm On Apr 22, 2011
Re: Post Election Violence: No Life Was Lost In Kano, Says by EzeUche3(m): 7:18pm On Apr 22, 2011
Abagworo you are the Igbos/South worst enemy!

You are nothing but a Northern apologist.
Re: Post Election Violence: No Life Was Lost In Kano, Says by Abagworo(m): 7:29pm On Apr 22, 2011
EzeUche__:

So for standing by the truth and refusing to be brain washed by tribal and religious extremism,I am now a Northern apologist.

I laugh in rigging language.

Everybody was warned about rigging the elections and what could result from that.The Yorubas just handed down their own warning yesterday.Let PDP dare rig Lagos and it will be "wild wild west".

I can't wait to be called a Yoruba apologist next week.
Re: Post Election Violence: No Life Was Lost In Kano, Says by saintneo(m): 7:30pm On Apr 22, 2011
NEMA reports so!

However, I hope we do not discover missing people later.
Re: Post Election Violence: No Life Was Lost In Kano, Says by AljUche: 7:32pm On Apr 22, 2011
EzeUche__:

you don't know what u are talking about
Re: Post Election Violence: No Life Was Lost In Kano, Says by obongtunji: 9:45pm On Apr 22, 2011
Abagowo, 4 u to post dis on on nairaland. How i wish u lost somebody,nonsense.
Re: Post Election Violence: No Life Was Lost In Kano, Says by Mariory(m): 9:52pm On Apr 22, 2011
Abagworo:

Abuja -

The National Emergency Management Agency, NEMA, has said , yesterday, that no life was lost in Kano during the recent  political violence in the state. A statement from Mr Yushau Shuaib, the head of the media in  NEMA, said the state’s Commissioner of Police, Alhaji Dan-Azumi  Doma, clarified the situation when he received the special  presidential committee on the plight of displaced people as a  result of the violence. The statement, however, said that some properties were  destroyed while some people sustained injuries during the crisis, ” He added that from the preliminary reports by response  agencies, the crises were neither religious nor ethnic.

Okay. What about Kaduna and Bauchi?

Buhari and his dogs think they are still in the 20th century. They are being watched. Just wait till the elections are over.

[size=16pt]OTP Statement on Electoral Violence in Nigeria[/size]

The Office of the Prosecutor is closely following on the situation in Nigeria and is concerned with the outbreak of violence surrounding the National Assembly and Presidential elections of April 2011.
In the context of its on-going preliminary examination activities, the Office will seek to establish whether the recent violence may have been planned and organized and whether crimes falling within the Court’s jurisdiction may have been committed.
The Office is mindful that the upcoming governorship elections on 26 April could lead to further violence. Prosecutor Moreno-Ocampo stated. “Those who commit atrocities to gain power will be held to account”.
The Office of the Prosecutor welcomes Nigeria’s political leaders’ call on their supporters to show restraint and avoid unrest. In accordance with the complementarity principle, the Office will, in the first place, support national investigations into the violence and its perpetrators.
Source: Office of the Prosecutor
http://www.icc-cpi.int/NR/exeres/FFAB57D5-3986-4208-8BC3-CEF1971629E7.htm
Re: Post Election Violence: No Life Was Lost In Kano, Says by ZnO: 9:56pm On Apr 22, 2011
We do not care about specific locations. We care that lives were lost in Northern Nigeria on account of the last presidential election. Anything else is rationalization of the irrational.
Re: Post Election Violence: No Life Was Lost In Kano, Says by Odunnu: 9:56pm On Apr 22, 2011
Bunch of incompetent f00ls!
Same way tsiga the NYSC DG said no corper died in Suleja INEC bomb blast only to find out that one of the corpers who died was related to a member of my church!
Re: Post Election Violence: No Life Was Lost In Kano, Says by papasoko: 9:58pm On Apr 22, 2011
You mean no life was lost in kano, let wait and see,
Re: Post Election Violence: No Life Was Lost In Kano, Says by CrudeOil2(m): 10:00pm On Apr 22, 2011
Abagworo:

Abuja -

The National Emergency Management Agency, NEMA, has said , yesterday, that no life was lost in Kano during the recent political violence in the state. A statement from Mr Yushau Shuaib, the head of the media in NEMA, said the state’s Commissioner of Police, Alhaji Dan-Azumi Doma, clarified the situation when he received the special presidential committee on the plight of displaced people as a result of the violence. The statement, however, said that some properties were destroyed while some people sustained injuries during the crisis, ” He added that from the preliminary reports by response agencies, the crises were neither religious nor ethnic.

Can you see their names? they are murderers too.
Re: Post Election Violence: No Life Was Lost In Kano, Says by ZnO: 10:00pm On Apr 22, 2011
I hope that Igbo maggot who goes by the name Abagworo has seen this?
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-652581.0.html
Re: Post Election Violence: No Life Was Lost In Kano, Says by Mariory(m): 10:02pm On Apr 22, 2011
@Abagworo

Can you explain this?

Nigerian security forces were on high alert Friday ahead of next week's state governors' polls after an explosion of deadly unrest following President Goodluck Jonathan's vote win last weekend.
A Nigerian rights group, Civil Rights Congress, has put the death toll at 246 based on what it says are reports from a network of coordinators, though officials have declined to verify any figures.
"There are tales of continued attacks in rural areas because the policing is concentrated in the urban centres, while rural areas are vulnerable," said Shehu Sani, the head of the organisation.

. . .

A Red Cross official also spoke of a "disturbing" situation in the south of Kaduna state, where heavy clashes had broken out between Christians and Muslims earlier in the week that police were unable to control.
Kaduna state, from where Vice President Namadi Sambo hails, is majority Muslim, but parts of its south are mainly Christian.
A community leader from the south of Kaduna has said "the killing was unbelievable and the destruction is colossal."

. . .

>> Link <<
Re: Post Election Violence: No Life Was Lost In Kano, Says by md4real(m): 10:07pm On Apr 22, 2011
Why do i feel that some people really want to hear that lives were losy in kano?
Re: Post Election Violence: No Life Was Lost In Kano, Says by NewVoice: 10:14pm On Apr 22, 2011
It is a BIG LIE! I saw people killed in Kano myself, only that the police will quickly clear up to cover up the truth. The rioters actually enjoyed a kind of 'HIGHER AUTHORITY' protection, the armed police and soldiers were not allowed to shoot while destructions were going on. Were there not attacks even today? It makes me sick when people in authority hide the truth for them to appear good to the world. Oh I got the idea, the NEMA boss is saying that people killed are not worth anything better than animals
Re: Post Election Violence: No Life Was Lost In Kano, Says by Thatdave(m): 10:23pm On Apr 22, 2011
i always suspected that the police were sm how not allowed to shoot!
New Voice:

It is a BIG LIE! I saw people killed in Kano myself, only that the police will quickly clear up to cover up the truth. The rioters actually enjoyed a kind of 'HIGHER AUTHORITY' protection, the armed police and soldiers were not allowed to shoot while destructions were going on. Were there not attacks even today? It makes me sick when people in authority hide the truth for them to appear good to the world. Oh I got the idea, the NEMA boss is saying that people killed are not worth anything better than animals
Re: Post Election Violence: No Life Was Lost In Kano, Says by oluchioke(f): 10:28pm On Apr 22, 2011
My brother is doing his houseman ship in kano, and he said people were killed in kana even corpers, he has been looking for a way to come back but no transport, what we hear on news is not what is actually happening
Re: Post Election Violence: No Life Was Lost In Kano, Says by oderemo(m): 10:35pm On Apr 22, 2011
whats the point of this silly nysc shi.t anyway ?
Re: Post Election Violence: No Life Was Lost In Kano, Says by gidson12(m): 10:46pm On Apr 22, 2011
my uncle in kano told me over the phone that people were killed in kano,
Re: Post Election Violence: No Life Was Lost In Kano, Says by francisj(m): 10:47pm On Apr 22, 2011
trust 9ja news ,what they said on airwave, t.v, & radio  are different the reality,
is it not obvious that some bigshot are trying to cover things up ?
well if nothing is done,
the same thing will happen again in the next 4-7 yrs, just make this word,there is more
to this than the ordinary eyes can see.
Re: Post Election Violence: No Life Was Lost In Kano, Says by md4real(m): 11:38pm On Apr 22, 2011
I heared? I heard? Who saw
Re: Post Election Violence: No Life Was Lost In Kano, Says by FACE(m): 12:00am On Apr 23, 2011
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-13156508

The video from the link above (BBC) looks like a natural disaster or carpet bombing zone.
Re: Post Election Violence: No Life Was Lost In Kano, Says by strangest(m): 12:07am On Apr 23, 2011
An Igbo man was roasted alive at Yankaba Market by Hadeja Road, Kano, Stupid Aboki, I will cut you if I see you, so you better run for your life, ass.holes
Re: Post Election Violence: No Life Was Lost In Kano, Says by 1Emmy: 12:27am On Apr 23, 2011
@poster, you and NEMA are big liars. Many were killed in Kano.
What Started the last Wednesday riot was as a result of three sister that escaped during the
First Sunday night and Monday morning decided to go back to the affected village where they were
living to get their belongings, reaching at the village they were attacked and two killed by those wicked vampires,
while one escaped. When she got to sabo ngari, she hardly expressed what she saw with her eyes, and on hearing
that, retaliation,  Well Thanks to Nigerian force.
Men, Hausa's are heartless.
Re: Post Election Violence: No Life Was Lost In Kano, Says by ayodede(m): 12:41am On Apr 23, 2011
i saw
Re: Post Election Violence: No Life Was Lost In Kano, Says by strangest(m): 2:11am On Apr 23, 2011
Na wao! This CPC suporters would hv killed me yesterday, no see threat oooo. Even after forcing underaged voters on me they wanted me to give them the remaining ballot paper to thiumb print. Thank God for the police and am happy i could stand for God and my nation. To all corps members who stood despite these threats esp. In the north bravo! Nigeria! Our change has come. (The last post of Ukeoma Aikfavour on facebook, an NYSC Corps member that lost his life in Bauchi following post election violence)
Re: Post Election Violence: No Life Was Lost In Kano, Says by Obiagu1(m): 4:36am On Apr 23, 2011
Abagworo:

So for standing by the truth and refusing to be brain washed by tribal and religious extremism,I am now a Northern apologist.

I laugh in rigging language.

Everybody was warned about rigging the elections and what could result from that.The Yorubas just handed down their own warning yesterday.Let PDP dare rig Lagos and it will be "wild wild west".

I can't wait to be called a Yoruba apologist next week.

You're a big f.ool. The greatest I've ever seen.
I've not heard from friends in Kano yet but I lost two friends in Bauchi alone.
Those that came back from Kano confirmed that people were slaughtered and all you could do was to look for a publication that says no one was killed to please your stupidity.

I don't wish bad things on people but sometimes you need to see or feel the agony firsthand.
Re: Post Election Violence: No Life Was Lost In Kano, Says by Johnpaul2k2(m): 6:48am On Apr 23, 2011
I got this ugly picture from an ex corper who is doing his PGD in kano yesterday, any soul that sin against the innocent of God shall only die! But perish in the king of hell fire? Nema na God go punish you and your foolish team including buhari and bakare and all the heartless uneducated hausas that does not know the value of going school and been a corpers

Re: Post Election Violence: No Life Was Lost In Kano, Says by kasiem(m): 8:26am On Apr 23, 2011
@op
Since u've seen reasonable to be supporting evil without any sign of sympathy, may you live to undergo the same fate with the parents of ukeoma and obinna
Re: Post Election Violence: No Life Was Lost In Kano, Says by frgy1: 8:46am On Apr 23, 2011
What bullcraap
A lot of people died in kano ,
I know a few who lost someone/some people
I personally talked to a cop , who told me that they were not given orders to shoot these hoodlums , saying some crap about the hoodlums not being armed and what not.

I heard of a man who killed 2 of them as he fought to protect his two daughters.

Even on my street , hausa bike men were mugged in a bid to retaliate. It could have been fatal ,but thanks to the intervention of the soldiers
Re: Post Election Violence: No Life Was Lost In Kano, Says by JaaizTech: 9:34am On Apr 23, 2011
Johnpaul2k2:

I got this ugly picture from an ex corper who is doing his PGD in kano yesterday, any soul that sin against the innocent of God shall only die! But perish in the king of hell fire? Nema na God go punish you and your foolish team including buhari and bakare and all the heartless uneducated hausas that does not know the value of going school and been a corpers
I got the same pic. claiming it happened in Kaduna.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Boko Haram: Nigeria Military Arrest Suspected Sponsor In Kaduna (pics) / Northern Monarchs Deny Meeting Over Al-mustapha's Death Sentence / Full List Of Nigeria's Richest Men Of 2011 And Their Networth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.