Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,297 members, 7,836,299 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:49 AM

Senator Obinna Ogba Says Abacha Was ‘A Good Man’ - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senator Obinna Ogba Says Abacha Was ‘A Good Man’ (11943 Views)

PDP's Obinna Ogba Declares For Governor Of Ebonyi State / Abacha was never Convicted Of Looting / Mustapha Sani Abacha Was Born In Aso Rock To A Sitting Head Of State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senator Obinna Ogba Says Abacha Was ‘A Good Man’ by socialmediaman: 11:20am On Jun 08, 2019
NaMeAboki:

You clearly need to brush up on your reading skills; because there was nowhere in my entire posts that I mentioned Diya; neither did I stated or implied that Adulsalami Abubakar was a member of the PRC but instead that he and OBJ succeeded Abacha and both used their offices to pursue a campaign of calumny against the latter because they already had a grudge against him - pls do not put words into my mouth.

In a civilized conversation, you just state that you didn’t mention Diya, no need for insults. But I understand where you’re coming from.

Nevertheless, it’s interesting that you accuse a former head of state who succeeded Abacha and clearly would’ve been privy to such illegal agreement, and also a former president who clearly would’ve known of such treacherous agreement.

Wonder why I call it illegal and treacherous? Because when a country’s money becomes your personal property to be used by you and your family without accountability, you’re a classic example of the most corrupt dictator in the world. The fact that he used his family’s name to stash money in various parts of the world? I have no better words to describe a criminal.

What he did isn’t what I’m really concerned about though because with time, his loots will be uncovered, the fact that you find justification in such heinous crimes tells a lot.
Re: Senator Obinna Ogba Says Abacha Was ‘A Good Man’ by NaMeAboki: 5:04am On Jun 09, 2019
socialmediaman:

In a civilized conversation, you just state that you didn’t mention Diya, no need for insults. But I understand where you’re coming from.

Nevertheless, it’s interesting that you accuse a former head of state who succeeded Abacha and clearly would’ve been privy to such illegal agreement, and also a former president who clearly would’ve known of such treacherous agreement.

Wonder why I call it illegal and treacherous? Because when a country’s money becomes your personal property to be used by you and your family without accountability, you’re a classic example of the most corrupt dictator in the world. The fact that he used his family’s name to stash money in various parts of the world? I have no better words to describe a criminal.

What he did isn’t what I’m really concerned about though because with time, his loots will be uncovered, the fact that you find justification in such heinous crimes tells a lot.

I regret that you felt insulted for stating the obvious - truly you need to do something about your comprehension because you seem to continue making the same mistake.

First of all, didn't claim or implied to be privy to any agreement between members of the PRC but merely repeated what some of them said about the issue - which is still available in the public domain (you too can google Bamaiyi or Jeremiah Useni pertaining to the so called Abacha loot).

Secondly, I did not in anywhere justified Abacha's action concerning the loot but stated the circumstances and motive behind such action as explained by the mentioned surviving members of the PRC; the penultimate paragraph of my last post clearly highlighted my position on that - pls go back and read it again, this time very clearfully.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senator Obinna Ogba Says Abacha Was ‘A Good Man’ by socialmediaman: 9:39pm On Jun 09, 2019
NaMeAboki:

I regret that you felt insulted for stating the obvious - truly you need to do something about your comprehension because you seem to continue making the same mistake.

First of all, didn't claim or implied to be privy to any agreement between members of the PRC but merely repeated what some of them said about the issue - which is still available in the public domain (you too can google Bamaiyi or Jeremiah Useni pertaining to the so called Abacha loot).

Secondly, I did not in anywhere justified Abacha's action concerning the loot but stated the circumstances and motive behind such action as explained by the mentioned surviving members of the PRC; the penultimate paragraph of my last post clearly highlighted my position on that - pls go back and read it again, this time very clearfully.

I’m not sure where I stated that you were privy to the decision of the PRC, it seems someone needs to do a reading of their own, but anyway, I’ll focus on the issue for now and ignore your consistent distractions. Maybe it will help if I pulled up your early comments. Search for this paragraph in your first submission which triggered my initial reply:

The decision was taken joint by the PRC and in view of the need for absolute secrecy agreed to allow Abacha determine the fine details of the concealment.

So my earlier question was, if this was a decision by the PRC according to you, why wasn’t Abdulsalami Abubakar privy to it?

Again, to reinforce the point that you were not just stating what they said, you were stating that to be a fact you believed, here’s another submission from the same post which triggered my initial response:

“Surviving members of the Abacha regime who took part in that decision of the PRC, such as Generals Bamaiyi and Useini, have on several occasions held press interviews confirming that decision but their voices had been drowned under the massive propaganda machinery of successive govts in power (Abdulsalami Abubakar & OBJ) as well as members of NADECO who had obviously had huge issues with Abacha - and could conveniently malign a dead man without fear of contradiction.”

Those who knew the truth have already spoken; unfortunately the hatred for Abacha, as fuelled by his enemies, is preventing many Nigerians from accepting this version of events.”

This clearly shows a person stating what he believes in to be the fact. Your words, not mine.

Is it so difficult to own up to what you believe in?
Re: Senator Obinna Ogba Says Abacha Was ‘A Good Man’ by Nobody: 9:46pm On Jun 09, 2019
dre11:

https://m.guardian.ng/news/nigerian-senator-says-abacha-was-a-good-man/

Abacha was good at looting.

cc lzaa sarrki adaibeku afamed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senator Obinna Ogba Says Abacha Was ‘A Good Man’ by LZAA: 11:16pm On Jun 09, 2019
immhotep:

Abacha was good at looting.

cc lzaa sarrki adaibeku afamed
But he never stole na grin
Re: Senator Obinna Ogba Says Abacha Was ‘A Good Man’ by Nobody: 11:21pm On Jun 09, 2019
LZAA:

But he never stole na grin
Abacha never stole though he was a good looter.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tinubu Appoints El-Rufai Kaduna Campaign Coordinator, Senior Strategy Adviser / Buhari Behind SSS’ Invasion Of Ekiti Assembly – Lawmakers / Amnesty For Treasury Looters Bill Will Legitimise Corruption – Balarabe Musa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.