Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,163 members, 7,815,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:31 AM

What does the black line on a woman's stomach signify? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What does the black line on a woman's stomach signify? (6461 Views)

Corper Pranks His Girlfriend With Stomach Ache Before Proposing To Her (Video) / Doctors Remove Hundreds Of Coins And Jewellery From Woman’s Stomach (pic) / "No Man Ever Get Severe Stomach Ache From Not Having Sex" - Nigerian Doctor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What does the black line on a woman's stomach signify? by ProsperChild: 5:24pm On Jun 10, 2019
What does the black line on a woman's stomach signify?

I think you mean what are called “stretch marks”. This is caused by the skin stretching as your abdomen grows. The fibers that hold skin together stretch and sometimes cause scar tissue. One solution to this, both during and after pregnancy is to rub your abdomen with some kind of cream, such as Vitamin E cream. There are also products the reduce the scars as well.
Re: What does the black line on a woman's stomach signify? by Valleys(m): 5:29pm On Jun 10, 2019
ProsperChild:

What does the black line on a woman's stomach signify?

I think you mean what are called “stretch marks”. This is caused by the skin stretching as your abdomen grows. The fibers that hold skin together stretch and sometimes cause scar tissue. One solution to this, both during and after pregnancy is to rub your abdomen with some kind of cream, such as Vitamin E cream. There are also products the reduce the scars as well.

Here is an article on preventing and treating stretch marks in pregnancy and at other times, such as

linea nigra

It is the dark line that develops across your belly during pregnancy. It is possible that the line may have previously been there, however because it was so light in color -Linea alba(white line).
The cause is unknown, but it is believed to be a natural occurrence during pregnancy. This maybe due to hormonal changes/imbalances during pregnancy.

Some theories will tell you that it is the MSH - melanin-stimalating hormone created by the placenta that is the main factor.
This MSH is also believed to cause the darkening around the nipple.
There is no cure for it. However, it fades away shortly after birth.

9 Likes

Re: What does the black line on a woman's stomach signify? by CANlBUS(m): 5:31pm On Jun 10, 2019
The line moves up the stomach as the body count increases

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What does the black line on a woman's stomach signify? by Akanoaaa(m): 5:52pm On Jun 10, 2019
Its pregnant sigh

2 Likes

Re: What does the black line on a woman's stomach signify? by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jun 10, 2019
You don’t have to be pregnant to have the line. I’ve never been pregnant and I have the line, most women are born with it.

4 Likes

Re: What does the black line on a woman's stomach signify? by BLUEJAYY: 6:22pm On Jun 10, 2019
Linea nigra, stretch marks and a darkened areola points most likely to parity.

You can examine the cervical opening to get a final confirmation.
Re: What does the black line on a woman's stomach signify? by Raydos: 6:39pm On Jun 10, 2019
You don't have to be pregnant before you have it!!!

I'm a man, and I have it too!!
Re: What does the black line on a woman's stomach signify? by ITbomb(m): 7:41pm On Jun 10, 2019
Safitu:
You don’t have to be pregnant to have the line. I’ve never been pregnant and I have the line, most women are born with it.
Yeah, those on postinor diet do have it

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: What does the black line on a woman's stomach signify? by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jun 10, 2019
ITbomb:

Yeah, those on postinor diet do have it

grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: What does the black line on a woman's stomach signify? by AuroraB(f): 8:18pm On Jun 10, 2019
BLUEJAYY:
Linea nigra, stretch marks and a darkened areola points most likely to parity.

You can examine the cervical opening to get a final confirmation.
Kai sad grin
Re: What does the black line on a woman's stomach signify? by BLUEJAYY: 9:01pm On Jun 10, 2019
AuroraB:
Kai sad grin
Yeah. I can expertly tell if a woman has been preggies before. Sounds cool right? cool
Re: What does the black line on a woman's stomach signify? by Yewandequeen(f): 9:12pm On Jun 10, 2019
BLUEJAYY:
Yeah. I can expertly tell if a woman has been preggies before. Sounds cool right? cool
thays not true. I have had it since my university days, though thin
Re: What does the black line on a woman's stomach signify? by BLUEJAYY: 9:15pm On Jun 10, 2019
Yewandequeen:
thays not true. I have had it since my university days, though thin
Read my initial post. It's not just the line I'd use to tell.
Re: What does the black line on a woman's stomach signify? by Yewandequeen(f): 9:20pm On Jun 10, 2019
BLUEJAYY:
aiit

1 Like

Re: What does the black line on a woman's stomach signify? by BLUEJAYY: 9:24pm On Jun 10, 2019
Yewandequeen:
aiit
Yeah but the line is a red flag that might trigger my curiosity to exploring the presence of other factors listed above. cool
Re: What does the black line on a woman's stomach signify? by Nobody: 9:29pm On Jun 10, 2019
BLUEJAYY:
Can you tell for Nupita nyongo
Re: What does the black line on a woman's stomach signify? by BLUEJAYY: 9:35pm On Jun 10, 2019
funmisticqueen:
Can you tell for Nupita nyongo
That'd be challenging a bit. Too much melanin. smiley

For her, the cervical exam will nail it. Infact the cervical exam slams the gavel for all women. It's standard gynaecological/obstetrics procedure. cool
Re: What does the black line on a woman's stomach signify? by Yewandequeen(f): 9:36pm On Jun 10, 2019
BLUEJAYY:
Yeah but the line is a red flag that might trigger my curiosity to exploring the presence of other factors listed above. cool
I have other ones u listed so I can say ur theory is wrong. Body differs my dear.

The only justifiable one is the cervix examination. All others ain't valid.
Re: What does the black line on a woman's stomach signify? by BLUEJAYY: 9:41pm On Jun 10, 2019
Yewandequeen:
I have other ones u listed so I can say ur theory is wrong. Body differs my dear.
Yeah I can understand that you'd have others as well (I peeped at your dp smiley )

I'd use the cervical exam for your case. Boom! cool
Re: What does the black line on a woman's stomach signify? by Yewandequeen(f): 9:43pm On Jun 10, 2019
BLUEJAYY:
Yeah I can understand that you'd have others as well (I peeped at your dp smiley )

I'd use the cervical exam for your case. Boom! cool

Yeye
Which woman will lie down and allow you run through her like that?
Re: What does the black line on a woman's stomach signify? by BLUEJAYY: 9:45pm On Jun 10, 2019
Yewandequeen:

The only justifiable one is the cervix examination. All others ain't valid.
I can agree that others aren't conclusive but that doesn't mean they aren't important. They act like signals or red flags and a person who is aware of these things might wanna know more. Hence proceeding to request for a cervical external os exam. cool
Re: What does the black line on a woman's stomach signify? by BLUEJAYY: 9:47pm On Jun 10, 2019
Yewandequeen:

Yeye
Which woman will lie down and allow you run through her like that?
Trust me they wouldn't know what I'm looking out for. It's not rocket science. cool
Re: What does the black line on a woman's stomach signify? by Nobody: 5:53am On Jun 11, 2019
BLUEJAYY:
That'd be challenging a bit. Too much melanin. smiley

For her, the cervical exam will nail it. Infact the cervical exam slams the gavel for all women. It's standard gynaecological/obstetrics procedure. cool
true, pinhole for a nulli, slit for multi wink
Re: What does the black line on a woman's stomach signify? by femi4: 6:09am On Jun 11, 2019
Safitu:
yet you ve been having sex religiously

1 Like

Re: What does the black line on a woman's stomach signify? by Atlanticfire: 6:17am On Jun 11, 2019
funmisticqueen:

Can you explain this?
Re: What does the black line on a woman's stomach signify? by Nobody: 6:21am On Jun 11, 2019
Atlanticfire:

Can you explain this?
nope. trade secret.

1 Like

Re: What does the black line on a woman's stomach signify? by BLUEJAYY: 11:01am On Jun 11, 2019
funmisticqueen:
You got it. Easy peasy. cool
Re: What does the black line on a woman's stomach signify? by BLUEJAYY: 11:03am On Jun 11, 2019
funmisticqueen:
nope. trade secret.
Boom! grin

2 Likes

Re: What does the black line on a woman's stomach signify? by robettqueen1(f): 11:31am On Jun 11, 2019
Safitu:
It will be more visible, longer and wider when pregnant
Re: What does the black line on a woman's stomach signify? by Nobody: 11:33am On Jun 11, 2019
Yeah true.
robettqueen1:

It will be more visible, longer and wider when pregnant

1 Like

Re: What does the black line on a woman's stomach signify? by robettqueen1(f): 11:34am On Jun 11, 2019
CANlBUS:
The line moves up the stomach as the body count increases
Lie! It even clears off on some ladies soon after delivery
Re: What does the black line on a woman's stomach signify? by Jollof123: 11:40am On Jun 11, 2019
Ladies snap it for us to see now

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lady Posts Picture Of Her Boyfriend, Discovers She Is A Side Chick( Photo ) / I Have Messed Up My Life / Debate : Sexiest Man In Africa, Who Is He ? (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.