Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,529 members, 7,837,019 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:49 PM

Plans changed. - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Plans changed. (11337 Views)

I Sold Soap And Dried Fish In Lagos Before Everything Changed. / How Pregnancy Changed My Wife / My Wife Changed 2 Weeks After Wedding!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Plans changed. by Acidosis(m): 11:16am On Jun 12, 2019
nwanneni:
madam,no one here said you earn too much.that will be a bogus claim.
But i will advise you to please take the job,money is very very important and please by all means,your husband has got to move in with you wherever you are going.
Know that he will be jobless for a while before he finds his footing.
But please tell us the truth,will you still value him in that state in your new domicile?
Because most times,when this happens,most women take advantage and start abusing the man left and right.
If you won't do That,please take him along and if possible,try help him out get a job and y'all live happy afterwards.
Them no dey take superiority go anywhere in life,especially in unions.
This is just my own opinion

na wa for you o

woman wey already dey insult her husband with different names like "akagun" (stingy koko) even while he provides and earn averagely??

I don't know this man but he would not accept that arrangement.
grin

2 Likes

Re: Plans changed. by Nobody: 11:20am On Jun 12, 2019
nahzyla:

Or are they angry because I said I want to use the money to better my kids lives instead of saying I want to spend on my husband? Personally I too would prefer him to spend his money on the children before considering me because they are the most important people in our lives right now.

The me and my children only is one of the greatest marriage killers and possibly why men stray from the house. You have children and you forget that you are also your husband's chick/gf and focus on being a mother only, throwing all the chemistry and lust ( part of the glue that keeps a marriage together) out the window. Why would you spend only on the children and not on your husband? Are you a single mother? Or are you the typical naija chick who always collects and never gives?

Funnily enough this is also why some guys say, if you want peace from your wife, knock her up.once she has pikin she will not have your time again, and you can do anything you want

1 Like

Re: Plans changed. by Nobody: 11:24am On Jun 12, 2019
Acidosis:

na wa for you o

woman wey already dey insult her husband with different names like "akagun" (stingy koko) even while he provides and earn averagely??

I don't know this man but he would not accept that arrangement.
grin
na Im be say she go dey konk am steady if the man follow am ooo grin grin

1 Like

Re: Plans changed. by crackhaus: 11:24am On Jun 12, 2019
nahzyla:
[s]I honestly don't understand why many men in this thread are so angry

Is it because of the amount I said I would be receiving? You all don't think it's right for women to earn more than men? Oris it because I wrote 'my children' instead of our children? Does it even matter? My husband calls our baby 'my son', ' my boy', 'my capon' etc when we are at home or with other people and I don't even see the big deal, he isn't wrong to say that so why is my saying 'my children' now a sign of disrespect?

Or are they angry because I said I want to use the money to better my kids lives instead of saying I want to spend on my husband? Personally I too would prefer him to spend his money on the children before considering me because they are the most important people in our lives right now.

I honestly don't understand the outrage and the wrong conclusion about my disrespecting my husband. If I didn't have respect for him I would not even seek second opinion from people for a job that pays so much. I would just leave.[/s]

You don't come off as someone who knows how to disseminate her thoughts in a straight and concise fashion.
The so-called outrage or anger you're noticing is not really outrage or anger, it is a reaction to what your posts convey.

I noticed it too, but I kind of felt the need to give you the benefit of a doubt by asking you to answer this:
crackhaus:

What exactly is your purpose here then?

Your husband has not decided, in fact you just admitted that he seemed fine with your move from the last conversation.

I ask again, what exactly is your purpose here?

Do you wish to find out how to convince him, which would be really easy since he's already considering it?
Or do you wish to find out how best to just leave him, which is what your entire language is suggesting?

You ignored the question and you're here making things up in your head by feeding off what those other two chics are gossiping about.
See nobody cares what you earn or if it will be more than that of your husband. You're not the first wife out-earning her husband and certainly won't be the last, so chill.

If your ONLY wish was finding out how to convince your husband, then your entire post would have conveyed that thought, inadvertently causing the majority of responses to be tailored accordingly.

1 Like

Re: Plans changed. by nahzyla: 11:24am On Jun 12, 2019
ibkayee:

Don’t mind them cheesy

I doubt married people go around saying ‘our’ when referring to their kids to people unless their spouse is literally next to them during that point in time or in the same vicinity for example. The way you worded it was not that deep, lmao what a reach

Best of luck with whatever decision you choose

No be small reach.
Even in my compound here all the parents are always talking of their kids as my boy or my girl or my children and never 'me and my husband/ wife children. I don't know what country some of these men live in.
Thanks for ur contributions smiley

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Plans changed. by Acidosis(m): 11:26am On Jun 12, 2019
nahzyla:

No be small reach.
Even in my compound here all the parents are always talking of their kids as my boy or my girl or my children and never 'me and my husband/ wife children. I don't know what country some of these men live in.
Thanks for ur contributions smiley

We want the best for you smiley smiley
Re: Plans changed. by nahzyla: 11:27am On Jun 12, 2019
nwanneni:
madam,no one here said you earn too much.that will be a bogus claim.
But i will advise you to please take the job,money is very very important and please by all means,your husband has got to move in with you wherever you are going.
Know that he will be jobless for a while before he finds his footing.
But please tell us the truth,will you still value him in that state in your new domicile?
Because most times,when this happens,most women take advantage and start abusing the man left and right.
If you won't do That,please take him along and if possible,try help him out get a job and y'all live happy afterwards.
Them no dey take superiority go anywhere in life,especially in unions.
This is just my own opinion

I won't advice him to leave his job in our present state if another job is not already on ground waiting for him.
Our bases are not so far from each other and he usually has a lot of free time due to the nature of his work. I think he can still be working and take some days off in the month to come over to my new base.

4 Likes

Re: Plans changed. by ibkayee(f): 11:29am On Jun 12, 2019
ornicus:

That depends on the man.the die hard chauvinists will take the contributions and still expect the wife to be a doormat. Friend I discussed previously - he and his wife built their house together, then the guy put it in his own name.

1 Like

Re: Plans changed. by Nobody: 11:33am On Jun 12, 2019
Acidosis:

Absolutely! It is a marriage (team work), not an avenue to compare who's better (competition). These are strong words on the marble.

Imagine what this one posted

He should hustle bla bla and concentrate on her kids. So the man's only crime now is that the wife got a better job. I bet her choice of words will change if by tomorrow, the man's earnings rise by 500%. "Her" kids will change to "Our" kids. Just imagine how she hurriedly concluded that the man does not want to hustle. So much for this marriage thing. If her salary rises to 1m after a year, the man should kill himself because he must earn more, as per competition? And if he doesn't, he risks losing his "manhood"?

grin
Na their way na cheesy
Where I use to live ehn Bro,e get this woman weh be hotshot lawyer then,e be like the hubby was out of work at the time cos me and am dey dey house wella then grin
She dey cruise one Nissan qashqai 015 then and the hubby dey manage one beatdown 07 accord.
We dey use to get monthly meetings with the landlord then,come see as the woman dey challenge everybody and even the hubby for the gathering,they hush am when e want talk till the landlord gats blast am to shut the hell up and give the hubby respect for public!unto say the old man na major baller.
Every time you see the guy all moody and looks like one who has given up hope.
Many women can no longer control that SUPREME feeling when they start making more money I swear!
It's the truth,and if you complain ehn,she go use her connection from men in her class to put you for panti direct grin
I hope say this madam no go do am sha

1 Like

Re: Plans changed. by Nobody: 11:34am On Jun 12, 2019
author=ibkayee post=79255752]

They are divorced now. The woman has left the house for him.she is a BIG gal, and can afford to do so.

1 Like

Re: Plans changed. by Nobody: 11:36am On Jun 12, 2019
Every where you touch most Naija guys, naso them go dey talk "money money".

I don't want your money, I have mine. I want respect, I want this, I want that.

The woman say she no want your money too, she has hers. Now, tell her what you can give, something dofferent from this money that isn't even Ned or Dangote's type.

You will start crying, shouting feminism and all sorts. Naija women dey try o. Though them sef no too follow, but them dey try!!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Plans changed. by Nobody: 11:38am On Jun 12, 2019
nwanneni:
Na their way na cheesy
Where I use to live ehn Bro,e get this woman weh be hotshot lawyer then,e be like the hubby was out of work at the time cos me and am dey dey house wella then grin
She dey cruise one Nissan qashqai 015 then and the hubby dey manage one beatdown 07 accord.
We dey use to get monthly meetings with the landlord then,come see as the woman dey challenge everybody and even the hubby for the gathering,they hush am when e want talk till the landlord gats blast am to shut the hell up and give the hubby respect for public!unto say the old man na major baller.
Every time you see the guy all moody and looks like one who has given up hope.
Many women can no longer control that SUPREME feeling when they start making more money I swear!
It's the truth,and if you complain ehn,she go use her connection from men in her class to put you for panti direct grin
I hope say this madam no go do am sha

It also means there was probably never any love to begin with. Most naija marriage Las Las na marriage of convenience.

Then again, the true test of a man and woman is not how they handle poverty, but how they handle wealth.
Re: Plans changed. by Nobody: 11:47am On Jun 12, 2019
Anytime you touch Naija feminist them,them go dey shout we have our own money until e reach time to build house or commot 50m make better investment cheesy
You go see them go take automatic back seat and begin to cheer from afar.
ABI we have OUR OWN MONEY too na the one to stock fridge and cook soup? undecided
Money weh no be even Alakija type grin grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Plans changed. by tabithababy(f): 11:52am On Jun 12, 2019
ornicus:

That depends on the man.the die hard chauvinists will take the contributions and still expect the wife to be a doormat. Friend I discussed previously - he and his wife built their house together, [/b]then the guy put it in his own name[b].

cheesy cheesy

Good for the foolish wife cheesy
Re: Plans changed. by Acidosis(m): 11:54am On Jun 12, 2019
ornicus:

It also means there was probably never any love to begin with. Most naija marriage Las Las na marriage of convenience.

Then again, the true test of a man and woman is not how they handle poverty, but how they handle wealth.

@nwanneni

This summarizes the response to your previous post. Check very well, many women did not marry for the sake of love. It's largely about the available with better financial security. When that security starts 'failing' or when they realize they can actually make that money they love so much, they unleash the demon within. The man becomes somewhat useless.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Plans changed. by Nobody: 11:58am On Jun 12, 2019
nwanneni:
Anytime you touch Naija feminist them,them go dey shout we have our own money until e reach time to build house or commot 50m make better investment cheesy
You go see them go take automatic back seat and begin to cheer from afar.
ABI we have OUR OWN MONEY too na the one to stock fridge and cook soup? undecided
Money weh no be even Alakija type grin grin

How many Nigerians have money to buy a house or make 50m investment? Do you? Having your own money is having enough to sustain the life you live, be you male/female.

If you can stock your fridge and provide the basic everyday needs yourself...then you are doing fine as a NIGERIAN IN NIGERIA.

The question remains, aside money, what can Naija men offer their women. If money was everything, you all should be married by now, in a country where Naija girls love money, right? So, what is happening?

6 Likes

Re: Plans changed. by Nobody: 12:01pm On Jun 12, 2019
Acidosis:

@

This summarizes the response to your previous post. Check very well, many women did not marry for the sake of love. It's largely about the available with better financial security. When that security starts 'failing' or when they realize they can actually make that money they love so much, they unleash the demon within. The man becomes somewhat useless.

Why should women marry for love?
I thought the bible you all love to quote, commanded the woman to SUBMIT and the man to LOVE.

There is nothing new in that. Aside money, there is little or nothing to respect MOST Nigerian men for. They know it themselves. That is why they hardly ever work on their attitude, just keep ranting on how they will make money and women will come calling.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Plans changed. by Acidosis(m): 12:10pm On Jun 12, 2019
AntiBrutus:

Why should women marry for love?
I thought the bible you all love to quote, commanded the woman to SUBMIT and the man to LOVE.

There is nothing new in that. Aside money, there is little or nothing to respect MOST Nigerian men for. They know it themselves. That is why they hardly ever work on their attitude, just keep ranting on how they will make money and women will come calling.

Who do you this thing AntiBrutus? I think we need to talk heart-to-heart

1 Like

Re: Plans changed. by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jun 12, 2019
Acidosis:

Who do you this thing AntiBrutus? I think we need to talk heart-to-heart

Deflections.
Answer the question I asked.

Did your God command women to LOVE?

3 Likes

Re: Plans changed. by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jun 12, 2019
AntiBrutus:

How many Nigerians have money to buy a house or make 50m investment? Do you? Having your own money is having enough to sustain the life you live, be you male/female.

If you can stock your fridge and provide the basic everyday needs yourself...then you are doing fine as a NIGERIAN IN NIGERIA.

The question remains, aside money, what can Naija men offer their women. If money was everything, you all should be married by now, in a country where Naija girls love money, right? So, what is happening?
But you are the one that mentioned Ned and Dangote na undecided so you knew all these and had to make that comment?
For a while,I thought Folorunsho Alakija had hacked your NL account and was the one commenting.
We ain't married because the so called independent women we keep meeting perhaps might turn out to be a ticking time bomb,the ones who will come to our houses to start competing with us,rather than contributing for our better tomorrow.
That is why we are still single and perhaps,some of us may be too young to start adding marital problems to our list of problems smiley
Asides complications and a string of false standards,what can Nigerian women offer their men?

2 Likes

Re: Plans changed. by Raalsalghul: 12:23pm On Jun 12, 2019
Acidosis:

@nwanneni

This has been a fact since 1902! cheesy
Only a naive person will disagree.
Reason I'm not so keen on marriage.

1 Like

Re: Plans changed. by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jun 12, 2019
nwanneni:
But you are the one that mentioned Ned and Dangote na undecided so you knew all these and had to make that comment?
For a while,I thought Folorunsho Alakija had hacked your NL account and was the one commenting.
We ain't married because the so called independent women we keep meeting perhaps might turn out to be a ticking time bomb,the ones who will come to our houses to start competing with us,rather than contributing for our better tomorrow.
That is why we are still single and perhaps,some of us may be too young to start adding marital problems to our list of problems smiley
Asides complications and a string of false standards,what can Nigerian women offer their men?

So only you keep meeting bad women?

Why should you even want them to offer you anything? Thought you want nothing?
Pele. grin

4 Likes

Re: Plans changed. by sacx: 12:29pm On Jun 12, 2019
Take the job and also pray for your hubby so he can get a better paying job where he is based. If that happens, maybe he can get his kids to live with him so he can offer them the better things of life, while you hold the fort from your base. You could pay them a visit like twice a month if you find the time. smiley

Ewww grin. Whatever it is you have become, I think hubby is a contributory factor to it. I saw that 'akagum' something too. You see your hubby as lazy and selfish, and perhaps he is. I advise all, both male and female, to treat their spouse right in plenty and scarcity, so there won't be need for resentment when the situation changes.

So do take the job, and don't see this change in fortune as an opportunity to settle scores with him. I hope you both learn to love each other.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Plans changed. by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jun 12, 2019
AntiBrutus:

So only you keep meeting bad women?

Why should you even want them to offer you anything? Thought you want nothing?
Pele. grin
And only you keep meeting bad men?
Asiah! cheesy
Re: Plans changed. by Acidosis(m): 12:31pm On Jun 12, 2019
AntiBrutus:

Deflections.
Answer the question I asked.

Did your God command women to LOVE?

God commands us to love one another.

And romantically, we all fall in love, don't we? Or falling in love to the average woman is meant for useless fruitless teenage and college relationships?

When a woman falls in love, submission flows naturally. Likewise, respect, care, adoration, etc. flow naturally when a man falls in love.

We struggle with these things because women have polluted their minds that marriage thrives only on money and a man without money is useless. We've become too educated and critical to allow love lead us. We forget too soon that marriage isn't even necessary and rational if we are to weigh the pros and cons from the viewpoint of commonsense.

Naturally, it doesn't make sense to live with another person for the rest of our lives because our tastes are bound to change at some points.

1 Like

Re: Plans changed. by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jun 12, 2019
Acidosis:

God command us to love one another.

And romantically, we all fall in love, don't we? Or falling in love to the average woman is meant for useless fruitless teenage and college relationships?

When a woman falls in love, submission flows naturally. Likewise, respect, care, adoration, etc. flow naturally when a man falls in love.

We struggle with these things because women have polluted their minds that marriage thrives only on money and a man without money is useless. We've become too educated and critical to allow love lead us. We forget too soon that marriage isn't even necessary and rational if we are to weigh the pros and cons from the viewpoint of commonsense.

Naturally, it doesn't make sense to live with another person for the rest of our lives because our tastes are bound to change at some points.

Lmao. I expected this epistle. Same way God commanded them to submit one to the other.

Religion and logic can never mix.

3 Likes

Re: Plans changed. by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jun 12, 2019
nwanneni:
And only you keep meeting bad men?
Asiah! cheesy

When did I say I met bad men?
Care to show me?
Re: Plans changed. by Acidosis(m): 12:38pm On Jun 12, 2019
AntiBrutus:

Lmao. I expected this epistle. Same way God commanded them to submit one to the other.

Religion and logic can never mix.

Logic has ruined and still ruining many marriages.
Re: Plans changed. by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jun 12, 2019
Acidosis:

Logic has ruined and still ruining many marriages.

Please o ye biblical hypocrites.
Spare me the sermon grin

1 Like

Re: Plans changed. by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jun 12, 2019
AntiBrutus:

When did I say I met bad men?
Care to show me?
where did I say I keep meeting bad women?
You were quick to jump to hasty conclusions.
Re: Plans changed. by Thegamingorca(m): 12:42pm On Jun 12, 2019
AntiBrutus:

Spare me the sermon grin
cool
Re: Plans changed. by Acidosis(m): 12:42pm On Jun 12, 2019
AntiBrutus:

Spare me the sermon grin

Lol

You want to build your marriage on logic?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Sure-Home Marriage Seminar: Learning Your Spouse / My Ex Would Rather Remain Single, Than Make Up With Me. Am I So Bad?? / My Dad Has An Affair With Another Woman. What Should I Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.