Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,042 members, 7,818,089 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:27 AM

Abuja Naija @50 Bomb Blast In Pictures - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abuja Naija @50 Bomb Blast In Pictures (17177 Views)

Graphic Photos From The Scene Of Yesterday's Bomb Blast In Kuje,Abuja / Obasanjo Tears PDP Membership Card In Pictures / Bomb Blast In Gombe, Outside PDP Presidential Campaign Rally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abuja Naija @50 Bomb Blast In Pictures by Ayowumie(m): 3:23pm On Oct 02, 2010
Spyker:

I guess it will take an entire nation to convince me that the intelligence agencies did not know of this threat while CNN and BBC knew about it and the British intelligence informed them. Well, they are busy collecting N20 and N50 from commercial drivers while their counterparts in other countries are doing their job. If I were Mr. President, i will prosecute all the security chiefs in the country and charge them for negligence. Those lives lost are on their hands. Ignorance and negligence should not be an excuse when it comes to human life.

An email message was allegedly or purpotedly sent to journalists in Abuja on Friday. The Nigerian security apparatus was privy to the message but allegedly decided to ignore it. The failure of the security personnels lead to the death of innocent Nigerians yesterday.
It's a pity. Words fail me.
Re: Abuja Naija @50 Bomb Blast In Pictures by Nobody: 3:28pm On Oct 02, 2010
As for calling mend lunatics, i have never been their fan and i dnt support their ways of doing things. But i think this guys are challenging our manhood!

They are simply telling us to rise up and take our destiny in our hands!

I am tire of sitting on the fence its time we do something to salvage this nation!

that prom should show each and every one of us the hell we allow ourselves to be in while we have everything to make our country a heaven!

Long live Nigeria!
Re: Abuja Naija @50 Bomb Blast In Pictures by Yorisb: 3:31pm On Oct 02, 2010
^^Agreed, but never at the expense of innocent individuals
Re: Abuja Naija @50 Bomb Blast In Pictures by pareto(m): 3:39pm On Oct 02, 2010
somebody somewhere needed blood for sacrifice.
Re: Abuja Naija @50 Bomb Blast In Pictures by Harryveli: 3:47pm On Oct 02, 2010
lannre dat its a very intrestin write up.u picture d whole tin happend in our country and dats d realilities
Re: Abuja Naija @50 Bomb Blast In Pictures by alex406(m): 3:47pm On Oct 02, 2010
Nigeria @ 50 indeed.
Re: Abuja Naija @50 Bomb Blast In Pictures by Reference(m): 4:12pm On Oct 02, 2010
Lanre, fantastic write up but really so what? who are in those universities, who uses the fuel or imported toothpicks, look in the mirror. Yet they know we can do nothing about it. How do you effect change. Vote, they rig it. Don't vote and they remain in power. How do you exchange bad leadership, I ask. Mark you this is not a generational or an intellectual thing. I know of someone who was invited into the inner circle of one who stood for public office (just a month ago) and won. I tell you this fellow has changed beyond recognition. Formerly a sane, young, educated man, on coming from the police station where he finalised his battle with the opposition I could not believe what he had turned to. All in three short weeks. This fellow is in line to be the next LG chair. Is that our future? Look, we are playing games in this country. Those who do not support violent change will have to do better in convincing those that subscribe to it that it is possible to wait for change. For some this status quo is a headache, while for others it is hanging by your finger tips over burning coal. While we accept the former we cannot discount the latter. Let us not assume for one minute that our personal perspective of this country is universal. This government does not know what the bottom line (where the dregs of society live) is. This is the unfortunate effect of corruption. We shut our eyes to everyone and everything except ourselves. MEND has made a statement unfortunately. They don't consider it a problem. Ask them how many corpses they have seen in the last two years. You think a mechanic who is stained in oil will mind sitting on a dusty bench. This is the bottom line, a crime ridden society top to bottom. They are simply expressing theirs.
Re: Abuja Naija @50 Bomb Blast In Pictures by Ukpekeson(m): 4:17pm On Oct 02, 2010
It is so so sad to see this on an important day as this. May the soul of the departed ones rest in peace. Amen
Re: Abuja Naija @50 Bomb Blast In Pictures by Falajuro(m): 4:22pm On Oct 02, 2010
All of una just dey hot like banger wey want to explode shocked

If the time reach now to make decision (Voting), we go dey
think of survival (sustenance) first. And na this one be the
means wey e simple pass: no blood go troway, you go feel
happy say you don do something, e.t.c.

(Lanre, thank you for as you come take summarise the sickness sha)

Now na to look for solution; dem say one man, one vote.
How many of una go fit keep to this for here? Na home and abroad
I dey ask so? undecided
Re: Abuja Naija @50 Bomb Blast In Pictures by Chuks84(m): 4:29pm On Oct 02, 2010
@lannre

That was beautifully written, a true reflection of the state of madness we are entrenched in. I wish I had your talent.
Re: Abuja Naija @50 Bomb Blast In Pictures by audacious: 4:32pm On Oct 02, 2010
Ayowumie:

An email message was allegedly or purpotedly sent to journalists in Abuja on Friday. The Nigerian security apparatus was privy to the message but allegedly decided to ignore it. The failure of the security personnels lead to the death of innocent Nigerians yesterday.
It's a pity. Words fail me.

It's so easy to critisize security personnel, it baffles me how quick people are to accuse security personnel of not doing anything (especially by journalists). How do you know that security personnel ignored the warnings? (and don't tell me you got the info from our lazy "no verifying or investigating reports before publishing" journalists). If you know Abuja then you'll know that they detonated the bombs some distance from Eagle Square, this shows that at least some security measures where put in place to safeguard the venue of the independence parade (where the e-mails warned the bombs were planted), hence the inability of the perpetrators to plant the bombs closer for more effect. It's sad that newspapers and tv aren't even reporting about the security personnel who lost their lives in the blasts yesterday.

or do people expect every car in Abuja to be checked for bombs? As someone pointed out, the US intelligence where well aware of a threat before 911. They even knew that planes were involved in the plot. Just like the british train bombings and countless other examples. You can't cover every where or everything at the same time.

The bulk of the blame rests on the Government for not doing enough when the militancy started, the Amnesty programme is plagued by accusations of diversion of funds meant for rehabilitating of militants, e.t.c.

It's sad that what we've been seeing on TV happening in other countries while thinking "Thank God I am a Nigerian, e no go happen here" is now happening here. Naija @50, hmmm!

May the Soul of those that lost their lives yesterday rest in peace, and may the Almighty give their families the fortitude  to bear the loss.
Re: Abuja Naija @50 Bomb Blast In Pictures by citous(m): 4:36pm On Oct 02, 2010
Lanre, that ur write-up was just Nigeria in black and white. I am tired of singing the same old and tired tune of Nigeria will change. I want to see this change come to fruition in my lifetime. Bros the time for change is now and do not procrastinate any further. That said the ultimate million dollar question is ;Where do we start? If these simple but complex(in implementation) question is answered, then the battle is half won.
Re: Abuja Naija @50 Bomb Blast In Pictures by Becomrich0: 4:43pm On Oct 02, 2010
this are the works of terrorist organizations. Are you sure MEND did this.? God. terrorist organizations is bad . May God help you people in nigeria. We are praying and fasting for you.

I have been calling for the removal of yoruba,edo,delta and even the whole of the south. we have problem.

north use to use terror on the south. So it made the southerner upset and develop hate toward northerners. And they form secret cult and you better listen to me and go to the united nation. I am saying knowing how the south feel about the north. Nigeria would end up in civil war. Jonathan has to go to the united nation.
Re: Abuja Naija @50 Bomb Blast In Pictures by centnaira: 4:54pm On Oct 02, 2010
@lannre, God bless u 4 this, with what u've just done, Nigerians are beginning to ask questions. Very soon this Country will be to hot 4 them to handle.
Re: Abuja Naija @50 Bomb Blast In Pictures by Prince22(m): 5:12pm On Oct 02, 2010
Nigeria, WE HAIL THEE!!!!
When are we moving out of these mess?
Re: Abuja Naija @50 Bomb Blast In Pictures by Ibomade1: 5:44pm On Oct 02, 2010
@ Lanre you really painted the picture of my motherland. So sad indeed.
Re: Abuja Naija @50 Bomb Blast In Pictures by hackney(m): 5:45pm On Oct 02, 2010
If u ask those bofoons why they have taken the bomb debris, they dont know.

they will just dump it at the back of the  police compound, under the rain.
monkeys.
Re: Abuja Naija @50 Bomb Blast In Pictures by texazzpete(m): 5:49pm On Oct 02, 2010
hackney:

If u ask those bofoons why they have taken the bomb debris, they dont know.

they will just dump it at the back of the  police compound, under the rain.
monkeys.

No. they will not. Even if they can't do anything with it, they know enough to invite top forensic experts to identify the explosives with a view to possibly tracing its source.
Re: Abuja Naija @50 Bomb Blast In Pictures by matiltomd(f): 5:53pm On Oct 02, 2010
Sorry this is off topic,

@Lanre;you didn't come up with that poem;it was posted by md4real on another thread https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-521335.0.html (50 reasons why we should celebrate)and he said he got it off his friend's page on Facebook(unless you're that friend of his). He acknowledged taking it off his friend's page and you didn't do the same. That's not been fair Lanre, *sorry to burst your bubble*
Re: Abuja Naija @50 Bomb Blast In Pictures by anonimi: 5:55pm On Oct 02, 2010
Reference:

I know of someone who was invited into the inner circle of one who stood for public office (just a month ago) and won. I tell you this fellow has changed beyond recognition. Formerly a sane, young, educated man, on coming from the police station where he finalised his battle with the opposition I could not believe what he had turned to. All in three short weeks. This fellow is in line to be the next LG chair. Is that our future?

this is why i say we are all too focused on the big executive posts and change is more difficult from that perspective.
we need to also target the LG councillors and legislators who claim to "represent" us.
let us learn to ask them questions about environmental sanitation; street lights; potable water; schools; primary health centres etc for example, make them earn their fat pays.
how many of us get paid for doing nothing beyond being loyal to the boss, which is what the legislators do currently.
yet in reality we are the true bosses IF and WHEN we decide to vote and protect our votes.
Re: Abuja Naija @50 Bomb Blast In Pictures by marksi: 6:01pm On Oct 02, 2010
So sad so so sad. cry cry
Re: Abuja Naija @50 Bomb Blast In Pictures by Nobody: 6:02pm On Oct 02, 2010
For me, i only sympathizes with those innocent victim.
For militants and those hoodlums they are seeking for another amnesty.
Re: Abuja Naija @50 Bomb Blast In Pictures by showstopa: 6:16pm On Oct 02, 2010
No respect for the dead, so it's tarpauling they used to wrap them? sad
Re: Abuja Naija @50 Bomb Blast In Pictures by georgesylva(m): 6:21pm On Oct 02, 2010
man wetin we go do bt pray : sad
Re: Abuja Naija @50 Bomb Blast In Pictures by r231(m): 6:31pm On Oct 02, 2010
sad
Re: Abuja Naija @50 Bomb Blast In Pictures by eledesi: 6:33pm On Oct 02, 2010
the innocent ones suffer while the guilty go unharmed.poor ice cream and kola sellers.
Re: Abuja Naija @50 Bomb Blast In Pictures by manugbo(m): 6:34pm On Oct 02, 2010
This is just a strategy to stop 'Jonathan' but it wont work!
Re: Abuja Naija @50 Bomb Blast In Pictures by mumsin: 6:43pm On Oct 02, 2010
this is so amazing !!!Nigerian claimed to be wise that is why the whole places were filled up with security
but despite all these what will be will eventually happened wink wink wink
may god save us from this country:this is unbelievable. niga! niga!! niga!!!
Re: Abuja Naija @50 Bomb Blast In Pictures by comechop(m): 6:51pm On Oct 02, 2010
Go to this group and see the pics

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=6879051&fbid=475112013487&id=119586108487

alternatively, search nigeriansfornigeria on facebook, scroll down and see pics.

saddening indeed.

Re: Abuja Naija @50 Bomb Blast In Pictures by 1988: 7:26pm On Oct 02, 2010
@ lanre, god bless thy brain and hand, ah i'm too touched to even cry. my heart bleeds 4 nigeria.
Re: Abuja Naija @50 Bomb Blast In Pictures by hackney(m): 7:53pm On Oct 02, 2010
Some ppl here are confusing real security with uniformed monkeys standing around.
no wahala.
we dey.
Re: Abuja Naija @50 Bomb Blast In Pictures by CNOD: 7:56pm On Oct 02, 2010
well said lannre,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

If Buhari Refuses To Comeback We Are Ready To Take Him To Court"- BOMG Leader Sa / CCT Chair Truly Answerable Only To Presidency, Says NBA / 2023 Elections: Observers Express Concern Over Violence Encountered

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.