Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,733 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:27 PM

Buhari, Ahmed Lawan, Ovie Omo-Agege Meet After Yesterday's Victory (Video, Photo - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari, Ahmed Lawan, Ovie Omo-Agege Meet After Yesterday's Victory (Video, Photo (31483 Views)

Yoruba Ronu: Your Son Has Turned Nigeria's Economy Into A Desert - Buhari Ahmed / Insecurity: Buhari, Ahmed Lawan, Gbajabiamila In Closed-Door Meeting / Zahra Buhari & Ahmed Indimi Name Their Son" Muhammad" after Their Fathers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari, Ahmed Lawan, Ovie Omo-Agege Meet After Yesterday's Victory (Video, Photo by jesmond3945: 10:40am On Jun 12, 2019
Oshigun:

You guys and blind stubbornness !!!! Yorubas dobale (prostrate) for elders. It is their ways. Does that mean Hausa man has to do same? People from different ethnic group can greet an elder how they wish. We are a multi-cultural Country with over 200 ethnic groups. There is no one way for Nigerians to behave and you guys should know this if you are not just looking to find fault where there is non.
is ovie a yoruba man?
Re: Buhari, Ahmed Lawan, Ovie Omo-Agege Meet After Yesterday's Victory (Video, Photo by SouthSouth1914: 10:45am On Jun 12, 2019
obailala:
The last senate under Saraki which we all assume wasn't bought, can you mentiion a single bad policy of the presidency which Saraki and his goons were able to stop for the benfit of Nigerians?

Someone recently said Saraki was the best Nigerian senate president and I dare to ask, what did he do? Apart from extracting budget sums from important projects and pumping same to their flimsy constituency projects against the will of the presidency (and of course to the excitment of those who hate buhari), can anyone mention any major policy of Buhari which was stopped by Saraki for the benefit of Nigerians?

A lot of people seem to just loosely assume that a senate is good if the principal is at loggerheads with a president.

This whole mirage isn’t about hate! It’s about common sense! Talking about hate for buhari why would anyone like him when he has constantly rape the laws of the land in all entirety?

Someone who vowed to end subsidy payments, end Boko Haram, provide electricity and all. Someone who is a saint and want to end corruption while corruption thrives in his government.

Someone who failed and brought hunger and hardship during his days as a military ruler. Buhari is anti democratic should never have been elected in the first place!
Re: Buhari, Ahmed Lawan, Ovie Omo-Agege Meet After Yesterday's Victory (Video, Photo by wunaESQ(m): 10:45am On Jun 12, 2019
jesmond3945:
respect of which elders? Why did lawan not kneel?
obviously Becos he doesn't respect elders. lol
Re: Buhari, Ahmed Lawan, Ovie Omo-Agege Meet After Yesterday's Victory (Video, Photo by jesmond3945: 10:48am On Jun 12, 2019
wunaESQ:

obviously Becos he doesn't respect elders. lol
ok
Re: Buhari, Ahmed Lawan, Ovie Omo-Agege Meet After Yesterday's Victory (Video, Photo by obailala(m): 11:00am On Jun 12, 2019
SouthSouth1914:

This whole mirage isn’t about hate! It’s about common sense! Talking about hate for buhari why would anyone like him when he has constantly rape the laws of the land in all entirety?

Someone who vowed to end subsidy payments, end Boko Haram, provide electricity and all. Someone who is a saint and want to end corruption while corruption thrives in his government.

Someone who failed and brought hunger and hardship during his days as a military ruler. Buhari is anti democratic should never have been elected in the first place!

Oga why dont you go back and read my comment and try to focus on the question I asked?... All I see here is you just lamenting off the mark, saying Buhari this and Buhari that... Anyway, you just fully confirmed the point I made above; hatred/disgust for Buhari will make you support anything or person who you think is also against Buhari, irrespective of whether the person is helping or ruining Nigeria. A classical case of 'the enemy of my enemy is my friend'
Re: Buhari, Ahmed Lawan, Ovie Omo-Agege Meet After Yesterday's Victory (Video, Photo by 1sttruth: 11:03am On Jun 12, 2019
I hope and pray the kneeling never stops oo. On every occasion he meets Buhari, he must kneel ooo
Re: Buhari, Ahmed Lawan, Ovie Omo-Agege Meet After Yesterday's Victory (Video, Photo by NoBetterNigeria: 11:10am On Jun 12, 2019
I just don't understand. Would he have done same with elderstatemen from his tribe?
Buhari, am waiting for your excuse this time

NaijaCelebrity:
please why is Sen. Ovie Omo-Agege is kneeling down for buhari? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Buhari, Ahmed Lawan, Ovie Omo-Agege Meet After Yesterday's Victory (Video, Photo by Nobody: 11:22am On Jun 12, 2019
ken6488:

grin don't beg us neither force us..

We will never join you guys

All those I voted
/supported

All won

Except atiku

Leave it or love it

I rather vote a northerner than any Yoruba Moslem undecided

.you can not force us

Who is begging you? I am merely telling you that politics is about permanent interests and not permanent enmity or friendship. When it suits the leaders of your region, they will partner with the SW and you will be unable to do nada about that.
Re: Buhari, Ahmed Lawan, Ovie Omo-Agege Meet After Yesterday's Victory (Video, Photo by Nobody: 11:25am On Jun 12, 2019
jesmond3945:
is ovie a yoruba man?

No. Yet you need to respect his personal and cultural background that means he can relate to others in his own way. If he want's to kneel to Buhari that is his choice. Not everyone want to slap their elders and slide tackle them.
Re: Buhari, Ahmed Lawan, Ovie Omo-Agege Meet After Yesterday's Victory (Video, Photo by ken6488(m): 11:28am On Jun 12, 2019
Oshigun:

Who is begging you? I am merely telling you that politics is about permanent interests and not permanent enmity or friendship. When it suits the leaders of your region, they will partner with the SW
and you will be unable to do nada about that.

Nope..... SS will partner with only..

Few sw states with good motives...

Any way till then.......

But

Please stop mentioning sw and ss

You can't take presidency from our hands and try lobbying us with dsp grin

As a matter of fact we don't give a Bleep
Re: Buhari, Ahmed Lawan, Ovie Omo-Agege Meet After Yesterday's Victory (Video, Photo by Venerable612(m): 11:42am On Jun 12, 2019
Oshigun:

Yorubas are proud of him too. Loyal to PMB 120%. That is what Nigeria needs. A political climate consisting of people who will assist each other to move us forward. Never again Saraki and Dogara madness.

That’s not good for Democracy.

The reason the Uk and the US are so developed is because they have a healthy opposition at the helms of affair. Otherwise one party would have sold all of them out without any scrutiny.

Why do you think Brexit has taken this long and Theresa May had to resign?

I pity Nigerians. They have just started selling the country.
Re: Buhari, Ahmed Lawan, Ovie Omo-Agege Meet After Yesterday's Victory (Video, Photo by obailala(m): 12:04pm On Jun 12, 2019
Venerable612:

The reason the Uk and the US are so developed is because they have a healthy opposition at the helms of affair. Otherwise one party would have sold all of them out without any scrutiny.

Healthy opposition we need; but remember, not every opposition is healthy.

The opposition of Saraki and co who kept delaying budget passage till Q3 over disagreements arising from their insistence on inserting flimsy constituency projects, I doubt if that could really be termed 'healthy opposition'.
Re: Buhari, Ahmed Lawan, Ovie Omo-Agege Meet After Yesterday's Victory (Video, Photo by Okudiover(m): 12:15pm On Jun 12, 2019
"Independence of organs of power & political parties are irrecoverably lost, if their leaders are a product of executive nomination".
Re: Buhari, Ahmed Lawan, Ovie Omo-Agege Meet After Yesterday's Victory (Video, Photo by jesmond3945: 12:24pm On Jun 12, 2019
Oshigun:

No. Yet you need to respect his personal and cultural background that means he can relate to others in his own way. If he want's to kneel to Buhari that is his choice. Not everyone want to slap their elders and slide tackle them.
i am sorry for you. So a whole DSP would kneel for your president and you find nothing wrong it. Someone who was elected by millions of his constituent members. If the Senate president had kneeled, I wouldnt have queried ovie but as a Nigerian you are too aloof to the bigger picture playing out. Anyway you guys should enjoy. Thank God none of my family members are in that shithole.
Re: Buhari, Ahmed Lawan, Ovie Omo-Agege Meet After Yesterday's Victory (Video, Photo by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jun 12, 2019
Venerable612:

Bro, being loyal to a leader is not bad for democracy. It means you believe in that leader and want to help him/her achieve positive things. You still retain the independence to move against him/her, with the power vested in your office, if he/she does wrong against the electorate i.e Nigerians.

What we never want to see is a legislative arm, as obtained under Saraki and Dogara, determined to frustrate and undermine the executive arm to the detriment of Nigeria. We want an independent legislature but we also want them to remain open to assisting the executive arm of government to move Nigeria forward.
Re: Buhari, Ahmed Lawan, Ovie Omo-Agege Meet After Yesterday's Victory (Video, Photo by Ekaka1(m): 1:01pm On Jun 12, 2019
NaijaCelebrity:
please why is Sen. Ovie Omo-Agege is kneeling down for buhari? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

He is sour kpokpo garri...clown sad shocked
Re: Buhari, Ahmed Lawan, Ovie Omo-Agege Meet After Yesterday's Victory (Video, Photo by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jun 12, 2019
jesmond3945:
i am sorry for you. So a whole DSP would kneel for your president and you find nothing wrong it. Someone who was elected by millions of his constituent members. If the Senate president had kneeled, I wouldnt have queried ovie but as a Nigerian you are too aloof to the bigger picture playing out. Anyway you guys should enjoy. Thank God none of my family members are in that shithole.

You are just bitter. Politics is about permanent interest. Stop being so emotional. Omo Agege was very loyal to Buhari. He has now reaped from that loyalty and steadfastness . Buhari has rewarded him accordingly. He is greeting PMB that way because he is a cultured Nigerian showing respect to an elder they respect and have a good relationship with. Nothing wrong with that at all. I know you are merely hating because your camp lost out.
Re: Buhari, Ahmed Lawan, Ovie Omo-Agege Meet After Yesterday's Victory (Video, Photo by SouthSouth1914: 1:12pm On Jun 12, 2019
obailala:

Oga why dont you go back and read my comment and try to focus on the question I asked?... All I see here is you just lamenting off the mark, saying Buhari this and Buhari that... Anyway, you just fully confirmed the point I made above; hatred/disgust for Buhari will make you support anything or person who you think is also against Buhari, irrespective of whether the person is helping or ruining Nigeria. A classical case of 'the enemy of my enemy is my friend'

You are the one who is off the mark! Trying to paint a satanic person as a messiah so that the public can buy him is totally unwarranted, myopic and simply ass licking at its best!
Re: Buhari, Ahmed Lawan, Ovie Omo-Agege Meet After Yesterday's Victory (Video, Photo by SouthSouth1914: 1:14pm On Jun 12, 2019
Oshigun:

You are just bitter. Politics is about permanent interest. Stop being so emotional. Omo Agege was very loyal to Buhari. He has now reaped from that loyalty and steadfastness . Buhari has rewarded him accordingly. He is greeting PMB that way because he is a cultured Nigerian showing respect to an elder they respect and have a good relationship with. Nothing wrong with that at all. I know you are merely hating because your camp lost out.

Stealing a mace is constitutionally offensive and attract prosecution immediately from a competent judiciary setting.. you called this loyalty and steadfastness!! Nigeria is doomed already
Re: Buhari, Ahmed Lawan, Ovie Omo-Agege Meet After Yesterday's Victory (Video, Photo by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jun 12, 2019
SouthSouth1914:

Stealing a mace is constitutionally offensive and attract prosecution immediately from a competent judiciary setting.. you called this loyalty and steadfastness!! Nigeria is doomed already

Look, I am not a man who supports criminality. Yet when systems are warped then even good men have to resort to desperate measures. The mace stealing episode came about because of the attempt by PDP Saraki-led effort to alter the order of the election to cheat Buhari and the APC. Remember? Nigeria is facing serious issues and all the Senate focused on was order of elections.

Omo Agege was not implicated directly but even if he was involved then I back him as a brave soldier against the machinations of Saraki the snake and his PDP looter Party

Of all the bills before the senate it was that involving the election order they focused on and wanted to pass desperately to achieve the effort of PDP returning to power even as they know the electorate do not want them back. You wonder why Buhari, a man who appreciate bravery and loyalty, now rewards Omo Agege? It was a very evil conspiracy by a PDP-led senate that was ready to even kill Nigerians to return to power knowing it cannot win democratically. We need more of Omo Agege in my opinion. He is DSP because Buhari, a brave soldier, knows the man showed uncommon civilian bravery to frustrate one of the many, many plots the PDP tried to use to return to power.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari, Ahmed Lawan, Ovie Omo-Agege Meet After Yesterday's Victory (Video, Photo by obailala(m): 2:01pm On Jun 12, 2019
SouthSouth1914:

You are the one who is off the mark! Trying to paint a satanic person as a messiah so that the public can buy him is totally unwarranted, myopic and simply ass licking at its best!
Lol... You're just going on and on wailing over Buhari even when the discussion isn't about Buhari. If you were emotionally stable enough, you would have noted that.

Okay let me bring you back to where this started. You complained that the current NASS had been bought over by the Presidency, and I pointed out that even the previous NASS which purportedly wasn't bought, was also as useless as they come. To prove my statement, I challenged you to name a single bad policy of the Presidency which the NASS successfuly blocked? Furthermore, I pointed out that guys in the NASS were nothing more than self serving rogues who only seemed to oppose the presidency only on issues of their personal interest. Once again I challenge you to prove me wrong in this.

Nowhere did I praise Buhari or call him a messiah of any sort as you allege, but your inordinate obsession for Buhari makes you see any comment not throwing jabs at him (even in unconnected topics) as 'praise'

If it makes you feel better, YES, Buhari is an incompetent buffoon who has no business being the president of a great nation like Nigeria today. But I wasn't talking about Buhari, I was talking about the NASS, the focus of my discussion and the focus of this thread is the NASS. That Buhari is bad does not automatically make the NASS saints (that was my point). The so called "unbought" NASS under Saraki was as useless as they come, they did not give Nigeria any progress, rather they were a clog in the wheel of progress with their incessant delays of the budget and insistence of padding federal budgets with meaningless constituency projects.
Re: Buhari, Ahmed Lawan, Ovie Omo-Agege Meet After Yesterday's Victory (Video, Photo by adekolaelect(m): 3:13pm On Jun 12, 2019
YorubaBigot:
If you werent a dense fool, you would know that loyalty should be to country and not to individuals, little wonder the contry is what it is today with numbskulls like you littered everywhete
you are the most fool.how will you loyal to your country without loyal to the present leader of that country.you loyal to God by loyal to his prophets so applicable to the country .
Re: Buhari, Ahmed Lawan, Ovie Omo-Agege Meet After Yesterday's Victory (Video, Photo by jesmond3945: 3:58pm On Jun 12, 2019
Oshigun:

you are sweet. Is politics all about the interest of few people or the masses? What is the essence of voting for people, if only their interest is served? What stupid emotions? This is pure ass licking. How can a senator representing me belittle himself in the name of politics? So buhari rewarded him and not that his colleague voted for him? Your buhari is becoming a dictator and is none of my biz if you are his fan.
Re: Buhari, Ahmed Lawan, Ovie Omo-Agege Meet After Yesterday's Victory (Video, Photo by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jun 12, 2019
jesmond3945:
you are sweet. Is politics all about the interest of few people or the masses? What is the essence of voting for people, if only their interest is served? What stupid emotions? This is pure ass licking. How can a senator representing me belittle himself in the name of politics? So buhari rewarded him and not that his colleague voted for him? Your buhari is becoming a dictator and is none of my biz if you are his fan.

The President can legitimately influence the emergence of principal officers of the legislative houses through lobbying. Accept that and stop talking of dictatorship. This is done worldwide when leaders want 'friendly' political comrades they work with.
Re: Buhari, Ahmed Lawan, Ovie Omo-Agege Meet After Yesterday's Victory (Video, Photo by jesmond3945: 9:17pm On Jun 12, 2019
Oshigun:

The President can legitimately influence the emergence of principal officers of the legislative houses through lobbying. Accept that and stop talking of dictatorship. This is done worldwide when leaders want 'friendly' political comrades they work with.
is it legitimate for the executive arm to influence the legislative arm? What happens to devolution of powers? Please mention democracies with links were such happens with web links.
Re: Buhari, Ahmed Lawan, Ovie Omo-Agege Meet After Yesterday's Victory (Video, Photo by Venerable612(m): 7:19am On Jun 13, 2019
obailala:
Healthy opposition we need; but remember, not every opposition is healthy.

The opposition of Saraki and co who kept delaying budget passage till Q3 over disagreements arising from their insistence on inserting flimsy constituency projects, I doubt if that could really be termed 'healthy opposition'.

Yes - there is nothing wrong with that. And by all means that is how it’s meant to be. The UK has been on Brexit negotiations for 2 years now - largely because of the opposition; and it’s because the parliament believes that deal does not favour its citizens.

I am not saying the UK is perfect- I am only saying that a functional government is not propelled by Godfatherism and loyalty between the law makers and executives who are supposed to check on each other.

The problem with this current structure is the loyalty.

All the Legislatures came in to power because the Executive president stepped in to ensure they did. Gojes EFCC case was taken over so he could step down for Lawan. Same with Omo-Agege. APC also run th leadership of the lower house - all loyal to Buhari and Tinubu.

I don’t imagine they will oppose anything brought before them. Let’s see how it goes.
Re: Buhari, Ahmed Lawan, Ovie Omo-Agege Meet After Yesterday's Victory (Video, Photo by functionalpromix(m): 2:32pm On Jun 14, 2019
Why is Ovie kneeling in reverence to PMB? I smell foul play
Re: Buhari, Ahmed Lawan, Ovie Omo-Agege Meet After Yesterday's Victory (Video, Photo by EnaibeSam: 8:03pm On Jul 11, 2019

Urhobo don't kneel down to greet. he is copying Yoruba people

On the contrary. Yoruba men don't knee down to greet, they prostrate. But Urhobo man will knee down with one leg.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

CSU: Certificate Tinubu Submitted To INEC Not Our Document - DailyPost / Donald Trump Blast African Nations / Dele Momodu, Abike Dabiri, Fayose React To Jide Tinubu's Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.