Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,412 members, 7,830,072 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:52 PM

Soyinka: I Won’t Participate In June 12 Celebrations - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soyinka: I Won’t Participate In June 12 Celebrations (26630 Views)

INEC Insists APGA Won’t Participate In Anambra Governorship Election / Festus Okoye: Why APGA Won’t Participate In Anambra Governorship Election / INEC Confirms Rivers APC Won’t Participate In 2019 Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soyinka: I Won’t Participate In June 12 Celebrations by MrImole: 3:07pm On Jun 12, 2019
Me too
Re: Soyinka: I Won’t Participate In June 12 Celebrations by asobo: 3:08pm On Jun 12, 2019
bb
Re: Soyinka: I Won’t Participate In June 12 Celebrations by Shikini: 3:09pm On Jun 12, 2019
MrImole:
Me too

Lol, who sabi you?
Re: Soyinka: I Won’t Participate In June 12 Celebrations by Billy0naire(m): 3:13pm On Jun 12, 2019
In canonizing June 12, Mr. Buhari seeks to validate his rape on Democracy.

Right thinking people understand his gimmicks. Though we respect the price paid by the martyrs of democracy, will not accord a coupist, who has added yet another title to his pending tombstone as a Rapist of Democracy, the legitimacy he seeks in misgoverning nepotistically and impoverishing the country.

History will not forgive Buhari when our grandkids recall how our democracy was destroyed by the uneducated oligarchs.

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka: I Won’t Participate In June 12 Celebrations by Gandollaar(f): 3:13pm On Jun 12, 2019
Jmk9292:
One of the very few with brains...
Soyinka should shut up! He was part of the wicked crew that foisted the coupist on Nigerians.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soyinka: I Won’t Participate In June 12 Celebrations by Chukwurah003: 3:16pm On Jun 12, 2019
Next Level!
Re: Soyinka: I Won’t Participate In June 12 Celebrations by Ojei2: 3:16pm On Jun 12, 2019
Prof have said it all. An election that was not transparent. Why are they celebrating democracy day by which they dn't knw d real meaning of it.
Thanks Prof.
Re: Soyinka: I Won’t Participate In June 12 Celebrations by SillyMods: 3:16pm On Jun 12, 2019
baliyubla:
Celebrating Democracy, despite the sham of February Presidential elections, that made a mockery of the same democracy.

How about the total disregard for the rule of law, the Judiciary, press, citizenry and the constitution of the land?

Does the coupist even know the meaning of the word Democracy?

Good morning Professor Soyinka.
See eternal painment in one post.
Re: Soyinka: I Won’t Participate In June 12 Celebrations by Angelfrost(m): 3:20pm On Jun 12, 2019
martowskin1:
why are the intelligent ones against buhari, but the dumb ones always run after him

Thy question answereth itself, methinks.

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka: I Won’t Participate In June 12 Celebrations by BabaO2: 3:25pm On Jun 12, 2019
I dont still understand what any reasonable person is complaining about on the February election. The pattern of victory was very clear as shown by number of senators and house of representatives returned by each party on the same election conducted same date and time and even the same voter

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soyinka: I Won’t Participate In June 12 Celebrations by israelmao(m): 3:28pm On Jun 12, 2019
What would have been near to true replica and repeat of June 12 election was truncated on 23rd February,2019 the popular will was subverted in order to fulfil the interest of minority few.
Re: Soyinka: I Won’t Participate In June 12 Celebrations by jubangha(m): 3:30pm On Jun 12, 2019
DuBLINGreenb:
Who beg you to participate? We go soon catch you barber that your head for you.
na your papa u go barber heir eten
Re: Soyinka: I Won’t Participate In June 12 Celebrations by teepain: 3:31pm On Jun 12, 2019
Gandollaar:
Soyinka should shut up! He was part of the wicked crew that foisted the coupist on Nigerians.

How exactly did the prof force Buhari on you. When he supported GEJ in 2011, did he force him on us? People's electoral choices should be respected. Except, where it is proven that Soyinka engaged in multiple voting for Buhari we should let the man be.

GEJ and PMB should be commended or chastised for their actions or inactions. You can assist in getting someone employed but you can't help him/her to do the work for which he/she is employed.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: I Won’t Participate In June 12 Celebrations by Angelfrost(m): 3:35pm On Jun 12, 2019
Gandollaar:

He foisted no one... After the disaster of GEJ and PDP, the entire nation was spoiling for a change. The current bone of contention is the last election, where the votes of majority failed to count. You people should stop the habit of ignoring a burning house to chase rats.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Soyinka: I Won’t Participate In June 12 Celebrations by hotplate: 3:43pm On Jun 12, 2019
*My Resolution..*

*Why did buhari declare June 12 as Democracy Day?*

*1)is it because abiola died from the aftermath of June 12?*

*2) was it the first time Nigeria tried handing over from Military to Democracy?*

*3) or was it because the June 12 election was acclaimed to be more credible compared to the one in 1999?*

*You can see that the aim is more political than logical*

_©Ebose Precious_
Re: Soyinka: I Won’t Participate In June 12 Celebrations by Princedapace(m): 3:46pm On Jun 12, 2019
Lol, the last election was the exact style used in Lagos each election year.

Seriously, the fact that so many still celebrate that yeye election shows how funny and deserving Nigerians are. Nigerians truly deserve yeye leaders.
Re: Soyinka: I Won’t Participate In June 12 Celebrations by Bridget95(f): 3:47pm On Jun 12, 2019
Why can't Tinubu get wisdom from this man instead of championing the line of ethno-religious supremacy in our nation's political sphere.
Re: Soyinka: I Won’t Participate In June 12 Celebrations by Gandollaar(f): 3:52pm On Jun 12, 2019
Angelfrost:

He foisted no one... After the disaster of GEJ and PDP, the entire nation was spoiling for a change. The current bone of contention is the last election, where the votes of majority failed to count. You people should stop the habit of ignoring a burning house to chase rats.
Bros/sister, I'm not chasing any rats. Go and read both Soyinka and Tinubu's opinions concerning buhari prior 2015. What changed? You as an erudite scholar or an elder statesman preferred to entrust the well being of an ailing nation into the hands of someone you were convinced could not do the job is not altruistic!

Was buhari the only one in APC eligible to contest election then?

Jonathan, warts and all was a lesser evil.

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka: I Won’t Participate In June 12 Celebrations by Shikini: 3:53pm On Jun 12, 2019
Gandollaar:

You have a point

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: I Won’t Participate In June 12 Celebrations by SPOILT9JAOLOSHO(m): 3:54pm On Jun 12, 2019
MrAnele:

Why the lol?? Whats funny about you reading his books during your secondary school days
There was this particular drama he wrote it was very funny, forgotten the name but anytime I hear Soyinka I remember the novel, cause I read it wella
Re: Soyinka: I Won’t Participate In June 12 Celebrations by oluwaahmed: 3:54pm On Jun 12, 2019
Its such a sad thing that Abiola realised in the after life that Nigeria is not worth dying for. Now everything about him is being desecrated even by his kinsmen. Anyway dead men tell no tales.
Re: Soyinka: I Won’t Participate In June 12 Celebrations by Gandollaar(f): 3:55pm On Jun 12, 2019
Angelfrost:

To ask you again, was buhari the only one in APC eligible to be supported as president?
Re: Soyinka: I Won’t Participate In June 12 Celebrations by Gandollaar(f): 3:58pm On Jun 12, 2019
oluwaahmed:
Its such a sad thing that Abiola realised in the after life that Nigeria is not worth dying for. Now everything about him is being desecrated even by his kinsmen. Anyway dead men tell no tales.
The evil genius made Abiola look like the best thing to happen to mankind by annulling an election that was free and fair. Otherwise, Abiola was one of the major thieving old brigade!
Remember Fela's ITT call-out then.

Abiola was a billionaire already but wanted power. He died for himself not Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka: I Won’t Participate In June 12 Celebrations by Obere4u: 4:01pm On Jun 12, 2019
chozzy:
I remember Buba Galadima challenging Buhari to swear by the
Holy Koran that he did not rig the 2019 elections.

The dullard kept mum till date

We still have upright men in Prof Soyinka

Will Buba Galadima and Atiku also swear with the Holy Quran that they didn't right the 2019 elections too?
Re: Soyinka: I Won’t Participate In June 12 Celebrations by Guyman02: 4:04pm On Jun 12, 2019
chozzy:

The moment that man refused signing the electoral bill into law
was the day I gave up on 2019 elections

I felt the same way too. Was not deceived by claims if fake integrity after he refused to sign an electoral law that would made the elections free and fair

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Soyinka: I Won’t Participate In June 12 Celebrations by jadeliyi(m): 4:04pm On Jun 12, 2019
the prof has spoken the correct and obvious truth
Re: Soyinka: I Won’t Participate In June 12 Celebrations by Gforce2019: 4:14pm On Jun 12, 2019
Kingosytex:
the prof nailed the matter!

the last election was characterised by widespread irregularities but that is almost the norm because conducting a perfect election is a near impossible task. i believe there is always room for improvement

prof's diction "issagoal"

Yoruba people will always tell e the truth irrespective of what you give to him. But my nyamiri brother , even though GeJ messed up big time, they will still say GEJ is president that Nigeria had ever gotten. All their heads nah lie full am.
Na me and you for the social media . E Ni kuure
Re: Soyinka: I Won’t Participate In June 12 Celebrations by onyidon21: 4:17pm On Jun 12, 2019
Even though I always find it difficult comprending your sayings due to your heavy dictions, I still think you aee making a sense Prof
Re: Soyinka: I Won’t Participate In June 12 Celebrations by Gforce2019: 4:17pm On Jun 12, 2019
Gandollaar:
The evil genius made Abiola look like the best thing to happen to mankind by annulling an election that was free and fair. Otherwise, Abiola was one of the major thieving old brigade!
Remember Fela's ITT call-out then.

Abiola was a billionaire already but wanted power. He died for himself not Nigeria.
What do you know about politics?
Do you think we are talking about Mary Kay here?
You better keep quiet and learn before you start using your stunted fingers to be typing gibberish.

Ode Omo olosho , oloriburuku somebody
Re: Soyinka: I Won’t Participate In June 12 Celebrations by Gforce2019: 4:22pm On Jun 12, 2019
hotplate:
*My Resolution..*

*Why did buhari declare June 12 as Democracy Day?*

*1)is it because abiola died from the aftermath of June 12?*

*2) was it the first time Nigeria tried handing over from Military to Democracy?*

*3) or was it because the June 12 election was acclaimed to be more credible compared to the one in 1999?*

*You can see that the aim is more political than logical*

_©Ebose Precious_

You can but less agree with the June 12...
Were you born then? Try and go through the history before you start typing nonsense.
Eediot animoh
Re: Soyinka: I Won’t Participate In June 12 Celebrations by goodnewsbabe: 4:24pm On Jun 12, 2019
Re: Soyinka: I Won’t Participate In June 12 Celebrations by midolian(m): 4:31pm On Jun 12, 2019
MrAnele:

Why the lol?? Whats funny about you reading his books during your secondary school days
lol could mean lots of love

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NLC President Joe Ajaero Visits Labour Party Headquarters (Pictures, Video) / Any Results Manipulation Was In Favour Of LP - Tribunal Judge, Moses Ugo / Igbo Group Visits Victims Of Uzo-Uwani Enugu Massacre In Hospital (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.