Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,148 members, 7,811,264 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:49 AM

My Idea Of Feminism - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Idea Of Feminism (7490 Views)

What's Your Idea Of The Perfect Romantic Gesture? / Nigerian King Of Feminism Solomon Buchi Quits / Misconception Of Feminism And Its Imminent Dangers To Rising Africans: Misscokie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Idea Of Feminism by Nobody: 11:47am On Jun 15, 2019

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Idea Of Feminism by Martini101(m): 12:05pm On Jun 15, 2019
Re: My Idea Of Feminism by superlanny(m): 12:05pm On Jun 15, 2019
Let me first buy this land and attempt to see if it can be cultivated.

2 Likes

Re: My Idea Of Feminism by dingbang(m): 12:06pm On Jun 15, 2019
Equity.... cool
Re: My Idea Of Feminism by budaatum: 12:06pm On Jun 15, 2019
Me too!
Re: My Idea Of Feminism by iTearHerToto: 12:28pm On Jun 15, 2019
I am proudly a feminist,yes!

Exactly where I stopped reading the trash

Pukesangry

8 Likes

Re: My Idea Of Feminism by Nobody: 12:35pm On Jun 15, 2019
budaatum:
Me too!
Oh Buda, didn't know you are active on romance section,could have mentioned you....

What is your take on the points I stated?
Hope to hear from you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Idea Of Feminism by AmazonTopaz(f): 12:47pm On Jun 15, 2019
I agree with your points OP nice one.
Re: My Idea Of Feminism by CosmicPhoenix: 1:57pm On Jun 15, 2019
you forgot the most important point - ladies should also ask guys out

6 Likes

Re: My Idea Of Feminism by iRepNaija1: 2:37pm On Jun 15, 2019
iTearHerToto:
I am proudly a feminist,yes!

Exactly where I stopped reading the trash

Pukesangry

You should've kept reading. There were a lot of good points for boths sides. But you've shown yourself not to be part of the target audience.

4 Likes

Re: My Idea Of Feminism by budaatum: 2:40pm On Jun 15, 2019
Michellekabod2:

Oh Buda, didn't know you are active on romance section,could have mentioned you....

What is your take on the points I stated?
Hope to hear from you
I agree with them all. I'd even go further and claim women are way far superior to men but my reason is biased. But so it does not seem like I hide it, men are pigs! There.
Re: My Idea Of Feminism by liberalchick(f): 3:03pm On Jun 15, 2019
Michellekabod2:
I am proudly a feminist,yes! The only threat some daft dudes(especially Nairaland guys) use against us is that we will not get married....
First,that is a wrong notion. Second,assuming that is true and girls decide not to marry for the sake of feminism, they will still sham us like it's compulsory to be married. Guys have a way of determining what is good for themselves and taking charge of their lives and at the same time they don't want ladies to determine what is good for themselves and to take charge of their lives; they want to control their lives and ladies lives.They set up a tribunal to decide what is acceptable for a lady.
You see guys getting offended when ladies specifically state they will not settle for a guy who isn't rich. But they themselves will proudly say they will not marry non virgins.
Humans are entitled to what they want.
A guy can give his list of requirements from a lady before marriage: beautiful,tall,fair, virgin,industrious, excellent cook, respectful et al. But when a girl gives her list: handsome,rich,tall et Al ,you hear people saying "ah! You will remain single then!".

Ok, enough blaming of a guy..ladies aren't clean as well...
Ladies feel they can eat their cake and have it,they cherrypick alot....
When feminism suits them they cling to it,and when it's against their favor they cry foul. That is why you find many wannabe feminist crying "we are ladies na" when it comes to financial contributions!.

If you are taking up feminism, take the pros and cons .... no cherrypicking!

Let me show you what feminism is:

1) The word "fat" should not be used on only ladies, the "watch it on, you are adding weight o" should not be used on only ladies.
2) Except your date offers to foot the bills, you should split the bills on outings,movies and dinners. He pays for his,you pay for yours!
3) if a lady slaps a man in public, he has all right to slap back without anyone saying "you aren't supposed to hit a woman no matter what".... Isn't it equality you want?
4) it's not her duty to clean your house or cook for you when she visits, except she doesn't it voluntarily.
5) it's not your duty to send her money except voluntarily.
6) the "sleeping around" tags should not be used for females only. Any guy who fuucks ladies is a h0e as well...
7) if your lady ever hits you, you are in an abusive relationship, flee! You are been abused!
cool if a lady ever gropes your manhood or nipples without your consent,you are sexually abused! Take the case up for molestation! You shouldn't be grateful for been exploited sexually....act the way she will act if the reverse were the case.
9)what she wants to drink ain't your business, except off course you are paying for it. If she wants to drink alcohol,you have no right to sham or tag her...
10) what she does with her body ain't your business! If she has sex, don't tag her cheap because you also don't have respect for your body for giving it out to a lady.
11) hygiene is for both genders, i get irritated when I hear people say "she is a lady, why isn't she neat?"
12) when a public vehicle breaks down,both abled males and females should push the vehicle!
13) They say no one can stand a disrespectful lady, but i say no one can stand a disrespectful Human
14) All levys or dues or financial contributions should be equal! Men shouldn't pay more...
15) The tag "broke" shouldn't be used only on guys....they should be "broke girls" as well... Any individual who is financially down is broke!
Cc:iamplato, CAPSLOCKED, Martinez39,fuministicqueen,amatarasha,sweetbuns, poccohantas, MJBOLT,amakavula,ilamina,raptex,ubunja,sinaj,cosmicphoenix

I disagree. There is nothing like pros and cons in feminism, feminism is just the fight for women’s rights with the belief that men and women are equal. A woman should be able to do whatever she wants with those rights, our fight is not with women but with society to validate those rights. Women are not a monolith. One of the problems the feminist movement have is some ‘feminists’ have decided to shove their choices, rights on other women, to me they are no different than sexist people. A true feminist does not impinge on another woman’s choice.

Most women believe that the rights of men shouldn’t be more important or superior to women’s but some will still say they are not feminists because third wave feminists have shamed them for their choices. The goal is to defend the choice of a woman (within the confines of the law) whatever that choice is. A woman can decide to sleep with 100 consensual men and a woman can decide that she wants to be a virgin on her wedding night, both are valid choices and we want to live in a society that validates and respects both choices.

Some people just want to derail the feminist movement by always harping on who pays what bills. That has NOTHING to with feminism, that’s a personal choice. I like to pay my own bills, if another woman doesn’t want to and she finds a willing man to do so, that’s her choice. As a feminist I respect her choice, I will have a problem if society favors one choice over another.

A feminist can be whatever she wants, she can be a pilot, doctor, housewife, stripper, astronaut. The only person that is not a feminist is someone that believes that a man’s right is superior to a woman’s.

I just want to add after my epistle that I absolutely agree with you except the bolded.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Idea Of Feminism by Paccus: 3:30pm On Jun 15, 2019
I have been a guest on nairaland for sometime, but this post forced me to register so I can comment..Are you a Nigerian?? If yes, this is one of the best understanding of feminism I have seen from a Naija Babe although I may disagree with 1 or 2 of your points but its normal we can't agree on everything wink wink . I don't have problems with feminism but I avoid the Nigerian Feminists because it seems they all want the Pros and not the cons of the movement. A naija feminist will still go with the mentality of "His money is ours but my money is mine"..
Also the modern feminist is not fighting against injustices to women but is rather directing her fight against man. In Nigeria for example, One of the greatest injustice against women is caused by women(The way madam treats her housegirl) but I don't see Feminists fighting against that injustice which happens everyday and everywhere.
I hope in the future when I have a daughter I will raise her to be a feminist that will stand against injustices against women and not the type that just hate on men and find fights/problems on social media where there seems to be none.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Idea Of Feminism by AnalQueenluci: 3:46pm On Jun 15, 2019
CosmicPhoenix:
you forgot the most important point - ladies should also ask guys out
Hear he comes ! Lmao

Cc pandv
Re: My Idea Of Feminism by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jun 15, 2019
AnalQueenluci:
Hear he comes ! Lmao

Cc pandv

lol
Re: My Idea Of Feminism by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jun 15, 2019
liberalchick:

I disagree. There is nothing like pros and cons in feminism, feminism is just the fight for women’s rights with the belief that men and women are equal. A woman should be able to do whatever she wants with those rights, our fight is not with women but with society to validate those rights. Women are not a monolith. One of the problems the feminist movement have is some ‘feminists’ have decided to shove their choices, rights on other women, to me they are no different than sexist people. A true feminist does not impinge on another woman’s choice.

Most women believe that the rights of men shouldn’t be more important or superior to women’s but some will still say they are not feminists because third wave feminists have shamed them for their choices. The goal is to defend the choice of a woman (within the confines of the law) whatever that choice is. A woman can decide to sleep with 100 consensual men and a woman can decide that she wants to be a virgin on her wedding night, both are valid choices and we want to live in a society that validates and respects both choices.

Some people just want to derail the feminist movement by always harping on who pays what bills. That has NOTHING to with feminism, that’s a personal choice. I like to pay my own bills, if another woman doesn’t want to and she finds a willing man to do so, that’s her choice. As a feminist I respect her choice, I will have a problem if society favors one choice over another.

A feminist can be whatever she wants, she can be a pilot, doctor, housewife, stripper, astronaut. The only person that is not a feminist is someone that believes that a man’s right is superior to a woman’s.

I just want to add after my epistle that I absolutely agree with you except the bolded.
Thank you so much for your feedback,I will modify the bolded
Re: My Idea Of Feminism by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jun 15, 2019
Paccus:
I have been a guest on nairaland for sometime, but this post forced me to register so I can comment..Are you a Nigerian?? If yes, this is one of the best understanding of feminism I have seen from a Naija Babe although I may disagree with 1 or 2 of your points but its normal we can't agree on everything wink wink . I don't have problems with feminism but I avoid the Nigerian Feminists because it seems they all want the Pros and not the cons of the movement. A naija feminist will still go with the mentality of "His money is ours but my money is mine"..
Also the modern feminist is not fighting against injustices to women but is rather directing her fight against man. In Nigeria for example, One of the greatest injustice against women is caused by women(The way madam treats her housegirl) but I don't see Feminists fighting against that injustice which happens everyday and everywhere.
I hope in the future when I have a daughter I will raise her to be a feminist that will stand against injustices against women and not the type that just hate on men and find fights/problems on social media where there seems to be none.
noted! Will write on the injustice against women by women soon....

1 Like

Re: My Idea Of Feminism by babyfaceafrica: 4:29pm On Jun 15, 2019
noted
Re: My Idea Of Feminism by cr7lomo: 4:41pm On Jun 15, 2019
In as much as u made some valid sense, there some aspects that is flawed...I.e accepting a woman that sleeps ard or a dirty woman...

It's like saying a man that's acts girly and cries when another fellow man insults him infront of his wife or insults his wife should b accepted...

There are some certain things that are accustomed to gender... Trying to tamper these things will result to alot of dishonesty and deception...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Idea Of Feminism by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jun 15, 2019
cr7lomo:
In as much as u made some valid sense, there some aspects that is flawed...I.e accepting a woman that sleeps ard or a dirty woman...

It's like saying a man that's acts girly and cries when another fellow man insults him infront of his wife or insults his wife should b accepted...

There are some certain things that are accustomed to gender... Trying to tamper these things will result to alot of dishonesty and deception...
Thanks for your contribution but I disagree with you!
Gender roles are determined by the society and not a particular sex natural makeup! For example, strength by nature is more in male in any part of the world,that is his makeup and can't be tampered with! A male being less emotional,and shedding less tears than a female is his makeup as well by default, and not what the society imposes on him.

Now let's get to sleeping around. Enjoying sex is COMMON to both gender, females love sex as much as male do, they don't love it less than male by NATURE.
But the society tries to hinders them from exploring their sexuality the way men do,females have been cheated by the society. And that wrong can be corrected .why do you think is mostly in third-world countries that this injustice occurs? It shows it is societal based and has nothing to do with a gender natural makeup! In New Zealand, do you know the females are more sexually active than men? And that a female body count over there almost doubles the male body count?

The only dishonesty and deception here is a man who has slept with several ladies and shams ladies that sleep with men. It's no one business what ANY gender do with their bodies......

As for hygiene, both genders should be neat!
Thank you

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Idea Of Feminism by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jun 15, 2019
My Idea of Feminism

1) Women been equal to men
2) Women having equal opportunities as men
3) Women being independent: I don't like the idea of women depending on men for all their needs.

When I think of feminists, the first woman that comes to mind is Funmilayo Ransome-Kuti. She fought for women suffrage and led men to fight for Nigeria's independence. How many Nigerian women can do this in 2019?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Idea Of Feminism by Deepfeel(m): 5:38pm On Jun 15, 2019
Michellekabod2:
I am proudly a feminist,yes! The only threat some daft dudes(especially Nairaland guys) use against us is that we will not get married....
First,that is a wrong notion. Second,assuming that is true and girls decide not to marry for the sake of feminism, they will still sham us like it's compulsory to be married. Guys have a way of determining what is good for themselves and taking charge of their lives and at the same time they don't want ladies to determine what is good for themselves and to take charge of their lives; they want to control their lives and ladies lives.They set up a tribunal to decide what is acceptable for a lady.
You see guys getting offended when ladies specifically state they will not settle for a guy who isn't rich. But they themselves will proudly say they will not marry non virgins.
A guy can give his list of requirements from a lady before marriage: beautiful,tall,fair, virgin,industrious, excellent cook, respectful et al. But when a girl gives her list: handsome,rich,tall et Al ,you hear people saying "ah! You will remain single then!".

When feminism suits them they cling to it,and when it's against their favor they cry foul. That is why you find many wannabe feminist crying "we are ladies na" when it comes to financial contributions!.

1) The word "fat" should not be used on only ladies, the "watch it on, you are adding weight o" should not be used on only ladies.
2) Except your date offers to foot the bills, you should split the bills on outings,movies and dinners. He pays for his,you pay for yours!
3) if a lady slaps a man in public, he has all right to slap back without anyone saying "you aren't supposed to hit a woman no matter what".... Isn't it equality you want?
4) it's not her duty to clean your house or cook for you when she visits, except she doesn't it voluntarily.
6) the "sleeping around" tags should not be used for females only. Any guy who fuucks ladies is a h0e as well...
7) if your lady ever hits you, you are in an abusive relationship, flee! You are been abused!
cool if a lady ever gropes your manhood or nipples without your consent,you are sexually abused! Take the case up for molestation! You shouldn't be grateful for been exploited sexually....act the way she will act if the reverse were the case.
9)what she wants to drink ain't your business, except off course you are paying for it. If she wants to drink alcohol,you have no right to sham or tag her...
10) what she does with her body ain't your business! If she has sex, don't tag her cheap because you also don't have respect for your body for giving it out to a lady.
11) hygiene is for both genders, i get irritated when I hear people say "she is a lady, why isn't she neat?"
12) when a public vehicle breaks down,both abled males and females should push the vehicle!
13) They say no one can stand a disrespectful lady, but i say no one can stand a disrespectful Human
14) All levys or dues or financial contributions should be equal! Men shouldn't pay more...
15) The tag "broke" shouldn't be used only on guys....they should be "broke girls" as well... Any individual who is financially down is broke!
Cc:iamplato, CAPSLOCKED, Martinez39,fuministicqueen,amatarasha,sweetbuns, poccohantas, MJBOLT,amakavula,ilamina,raptex,ubunja,sinaj,cosmicphoenix

How about men paying for bride price,? Should women pay for groom price to balance it 50/50?

3 Likes

Re: My Idea Of Feminism by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jun 15, 2019
raptex:
My Idea of Feminism

1) Women been equal to men
2) Women having equal opportunities as men
3) Women being independent: I don't like the idea of women depending on men for all their needs.

When I think of feminists, the first woman that comes to mind is Funmilayo Ransome-Kuti. She fought for women suffrage and led men to fight for Nigeria's independence. How many Nigerian women can do this in 2019?
We share the same view just that I focused my discussion on relationships/sexuality!
As for Mrs Kuti, the thing is that many wannabe feminist just look for what to gain, they want the freedom a man enjoys and not the duties of a man.
Actually is not by force for them to take up manly roles as well,it is their choice , but they shouldn't cry foul when they are given equal duties with men

4 Likes

Re: My Idea Of Feminism by CAPSLOCKED: 6:10pm On Jun 15, 2019
Michellekabod2:

WE ARE NON-CHRISTIANS, NOT INTERNET GENDER FIGHTERS.

MENTION ME WHEN YOU OPEN A THREAD TALKING ABOUT HOW GOD COMMANDED CIRCUMCISION THROUGH AB AND MOSES, ONLY TO CONDEMN IT YEARS LATER THROUGH PAUL.

GUY'S REALLY A CONFUSED CLOWN.

5 Likes

Re: My Idea Of Feminism by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jun 15, 2019
CAPSLOCKED:

WE ARE NON-CHRISTIANS, NOT INTERNET GENDER FIGHTERS.

MENTION ME WHEN YOU OPEN A THREAD TALKING ABOUT HOW GOD COMMANDED CIRCUMCISION THROUGH AB AND MOSES, ONLY TO CONDEMN IT YEARS LATER THROUGH PAUL.

GUY'S REALLY A CONFUSED CLOWN.
Noted! Would never mention you again. Your wish is respected.
Re: My Idea Of Feminism by pansophist(m): 6:50pm On Jun 15, 2019
budaatum:

I agree with them all. I'd even go further and claim women are way far superior to men but my reason is biased. But so it does not seem like I hide it, men are pigs! There.

How are women far more superior than men? Curious cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Idea Of Feminism by budaatum: 7:18pm On Jun 15, 2019
pansophist:

How are women far more superior than men? Curious cool
Men have half brains in their heads for starts, and a new life doesn't exactly grow in men like they do in a woman. The man can't produce food from it's own body once that life comes out of the woman like the woman can. And men go drink in a bar while the woman worries about feeding that life. We mostly go running to superior mummy because she appears to have lots more time for us than daddy does. And there's a sperm bank to replace the man but you can't replace a woman, yet.

Need I go on?

Men! We will farm you like we farm pigs someday, I'm telling you all! Thankfully, we'd only need a few of you so you all better buck up or be culled! We will call it reducing population in the end, you poor men!
Re: My Idea Of Feminism by cr7lomo: 7:54pm On Jun 15, 2019
Michellekabod2:

Thanks for your contribution but I disagree with you!
Gender roles are determined by the society and not a particular sex natural makeup! For example, strength by nature is more in male in any part of the world,that is his makeup and can't be tampered with! A male being less emotional,and shedding less tears than a female is his makeup as well by default, and not what the society imposes on him.

Now let's get to sleeping around. Enjoying sex is COMMON to both gender, females love sex as much as male do, they don't love it less than male by NATURE.
But the society tries to hinders them from exploring their sexuality the way men do,females have been cheated by the society. And that wrong can be corrected .why do you think is mostly in third-world countries that this injustice occurs? It shows it is societal based and has nothing to do with a gender natural makeup! In New Zealand, do you know the females are more sexually active than men? And that a female body count over there almost doubles the male body count?

The only dishonesty and deception here is a man who has slept with several ladies and shams ladies that sleep with men. It's no one business what ANY gender do with their bodies......

As for hygiene, both genders should be neat!
Thank you

Sorry but I don't agree with u when it comes to the sex part ... U can't say that because females enjoy it too, that they should all turn to sex maniacs like men...it's disgraceful for women to jump around...so we should accept our mummies to b fucking ard like our dads... There is something about the woman that makes me respect them ... It's nature and not society... Even in animals , the females don't run around looking for a make to mate with...it's always the other way round... Stop this nonsense , it's wrong

1 Like

Re: My Idea Of Feminism by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jun 15, 2019
cr7lomo:

Sorry but I don't agree with u when it comes to the sex part ... U can't say that because females enjoy it too, that they should all turn to sex maniacs like men...it's disgraceful for women to jump around...so we should accept our mummies to b fucking ard like our dads... There is something about the woman that makes me respect them ... It's nature and not society... Even in animals , the females don't run around looking for a make to mate with...it's always the other way round... Stop this nonsense , it's wrong
I don't agree with you,but your opinion is welcomed and respected

1 Like

Re: My Idea Of Feminism by Ranchhoddas: 8:21pm On Jun 15, 2019
liberalchick:

I disagree. There is nothing like pros and cons in feminism, feminism is just the fight for women’s rights with the belief that men and women are equal. A woman should be able to do whatever she wants with those rights our fight is not with women but with society to validate those rights. Women are not a monolith. One of the problems the feminist movement have is some ‘feminists’ have decided to shove their choices, rights on other women, to me they are no different than sexist people. A true feminist does not impinge on another woman’s choice.

Aaarrrghhh...

Not again. cry cry cry

First bold: What rights do you not have as a woman that men have?

Second bold: It's not society that is preventing women from being as licentious as men. It's nature. I know you'll argue. It changes nothing.

1 Like

Re: My Idea Of Feminism by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jun 15, 2019
Ranchhoddas:
Aaarrrghhh...

Not again. cry cry cry

First bold: What rights do you not have as a woman that men have?

Second bold: It's not society that is preventing women from being as licentious as men. It's nature. I know you'll argue. It changes nothing.
Wrong!it is society, else it wouldn't be occurring in mostly third-world countries. In New Zealand, a lady is more sexually active than men, their body count almost doubles the male body count and it's perfectly normal to them!so what will you say about it?
I know it's hard to dump the myopic belief but it doesn't change a thing....even if you don't accept, the generations after you will....
I know you will argue but it will not change a thing as well
Re: My Idea Of Feminism by Ranchhoddas: 8:44pm On Jun 15, 2019
Michellekabod2:

Thank you so much for your feedback,I will modify the bolded
There's nothing to modify. That person knows nothing. There are privileges to being a woman that men should not/will not enjoy. This destroys the entire feminist movement.

Equal opportunity is already available to everyone in many parts of the world -- This is what feminism purports to be. But it's a smokescreen.
It is stupid feministic desire to change things you have not fully considered because it's the fad, the trending thing.
Feminism is trending now so everybody wants to "chook mouth".
Even people whose mental powers cannot power a wall clock.

Example: The Geneva convention brought a guideline for acceptable behavior during warfare. Women along with children are always to get preferential treatment for obvious reasons.
Any man worth the title will be satisfied with this. Does this make us unequal?
Should men start saying the Geneva convention rules of warfare be modified because we want to be equal?

Now that I think of it, I've never heard any feminist talk about the " inequality" here. grin

Fishy shocked

Feminists are usually dumb people so maybe they just don't know.
Oooops... cool

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Married Women Storms Comment Section Of Guy That Promised To Take Them To Venice / Guys, How Do U Normally Feel Or React When You Are 'cumming' During Sex / Is it Ok To Double-Date?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.