Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,366 members, 7,812,047 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:05 AM

Another Rochas Okorocha's Flyover In Owerri Begins To Sink - Massmediang - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Another Rochas Okorocha's Flyover In Owerri Begins To Sink - Massmediang (52666 Views)

Is OUK Another Rochas Okoroacha? / Akwa Ibom Building The Biggest Flyover In Nigeria - Julius Berger / Behold Longest Flyover In West Africa To Be Commissioned By President Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Another Rochas Okorocha's Flyover In Owerri Begins To Sink - Massmediang by uuzba(m): 1:09pm On Jun 18, 2019
seyigiggle:
Are you justifying that they are incapacitated?
There is no way, this magnitude of project would be executed without a registered engineer.
Then, What is the need?

What you want is for COREN to be given legal power over a contractors job as well as the contractors certificates.

In western world, you cannot carry out any project with proper certificates etc... No one issues you the certificates without you learning the trade and guidelines. Eg, I did driving test 3 times, before I was issued with a driving licence. I had to do driving lessons for over 1 year before I was allowed to do the driving test.
By the time I had the driving licence, I was definitely a competent UK driver.
If I didn't have licence and just jumped into their roads and started driving,
1. CCTV and other drivers would see me and report my car licence plate to the authority
2. I would be issued a fine to my very house address
3. The police would arrest me and lock me up for driving without a licence
4. Even if I stole/fabricated a UK licence, I would be fined for my bad driving, the driving agency would be forced to investigate how I got the licence, them me and the licence would be thrown out of the road.
This is just for the driving sector in UK. At least I know that one.
Does it work that way in Nigeria?
Every sector needs to work like this. We are not good at enforcing the laws we impose.
COREN may have setup rules and laws, but they are not given the support to investigate and punish defaulters.
Too many people falsifying documents and "Bribing" other arms of the government.

First the Police is made to look STUPID, by paying them USELESS, unlivable wages.
When they are TOTALLY hungry and dejected, offer them a small bribe and they will allow you do any nonsense you like.

We all have to work together to raise standards in this country.
I personally saw UK police when first I arrived at their airport exactly like this image below � . Taller and stronger than me. I instantly respected them.
Do these people look like they are hungry and need your money?
They don't have any "Big Belle" Oga. That is a sign of laziness/crookedness … something is wrong.
They never tarnish their image with unfit/ugly looking persons with bald head etc.. They are well paid and they do the job 100%

Re: Another Rochas Okorocha's Flyover In Owerri Begins To Sink - Massmediang by beclosetome: 1:48pm On Jun 18, 2019
you are not a true nigerian citizen. the road your gov constructed in your state last year, are they in good shape till now.. make i hear joo

johnmartus:
More reason why Nigerians can't entrust Nigeria affairs in to an igbo man.hand.
Re: Another Rochas Okorocha's Flyover In Owerri Begins To Sink - Massmediang by slap1(m): 2:21pm On Jun 18, 2019
Imoh555:
Make una allow the man rest the construction company is to be blamed

He used his own company (Roch Construction Company) for the job. Company that does work only in Imo State.
Re: Another Rochas Okorocha's Flyover In Owerri Begins To Sink - Massmediang by olisaokere(m): 3:10pm On Jun 18, 2019
massmediang:
Motorists in Owerri, Imo State capital, plying the flyover across Okigwe/Orji road, by former Orji mechanic village, are now exposed to danger as the flyover is beginning to show signs of dilapidation.

The flyover was constructed and opened to public use by former governor of the state and Senator representing Imo West, Rochas Okorocha.

On top of the flyover, there is a spot that seems to be sinking on one of the lanes.

Tires were used to cover the spot due to the danger it posed to motorists.

Some observers are of the opinion that the bridge should be closed to motorists while the structure is re-examined to check its strength and safety.

Watch video;

https://massmediang.com/another-rochas-okorochas-flyover-begins-to-sink/

Society of Engineers condemned this bridge.said the quality is very bad and didnt fall within the standard of bridge constructions. they raised alarm seriously last year.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Another Rochas Okorocha's Flyover In Owerri Begins To Sink - Massmediang by seyigiggle: 3:40pm On Jun 18, 2019
I get your point, but are you aware that COREN and NSE have power to withdraw the practicing license/certificate of any engineer that defaults?
It means that individual would not be able to practice as may be indicated or recommended by their regulations.
Likewise, the govt been the first part may decide to sue the company and also blacklist them in their state and copy the federal parastatals who would also do same.
The regulations are there, just that there is no enforcement coupled with corruption.
By the way, no state or federal would award engineering contracts without COREN or NSE

uuzba:

What you want is for COREN to be given legal power over a contractors job as well as the contractors certificates.

In western world, you cannot carry out any project with proper certificates etc... No one issues you the certificates without you learning the trade and guidelines. Eg, I did driving test 3 times, before I was issued with a driving licence. I had to do driving lessons for over 1 year before I was allowed to do the driving test.
By the time I had the driving licence, I was definitely a competent UK driver.
If I didn't have licence and just jumped into their roads and started driving,
1. CCTV and other drivers would see me and report my car licence plate to the authority
2. I would be issued a fine to my very house address
3. The police would arrest me and lock me up for driving without a licence
4. Even if I stole/fabricated a UK licence, I would be fined for my bad driving, the driving agency would be forced to investigate how I got the licence, them me and the licence would be thrown out of the road.
This is just for the driving sector in UK. At least I know that one.
Does it work that way in Nigeria?
Every sector needs to work like this. We are not good at enforcing the laws we impose.
COREN may have setup rules and laws, but they are not given the support to investigate and punish defaulters.
Too many people falsifying documents and "Bribing" other arms of the government.

First the Police is made to look STUPID, by paying them USELESS, unlivable wages.
When they are TOTALLY hungry and dejected, offer them a small bribe and they will allow you do any nonsense you like.

We all have to work together to raise standards in this country.
I personally saw UK police when first I arrived at their airport exactly like this image below � . Taller and stronger than me. I instantly respected them.
Do these people look like they are hungry and need your money?
They don't have any "Big Belle" Oga. That is a sign of laziness/crookedness … something is wrong.
They never tarnish their image with unfit/ugly looking persons with bald head etc.. They are well paid and they do the job 100%
Re: Another Rochas Okorocha's Flyover In Owerri Begins To Sink - Massmediang by biztip: 4:52pm On Jun 18, 2019
one someone will try to FLYOVER and see himself FLYING UNDER.
Re: Another Rochas Okorocha's Flyover In Owerri Begins To Sink - Massmediang by Nobody: 12:04am On Jun 19, 2019
OkaNaUbe:

Who collected kickback and kickfront to award this sham of a project
grin
Re: Another Rochas Okorocha's Flyover In Owerri Begins To Sink - Massmediang by Nobody: 12:06am On Jun 19, 2019
Rgade:

The Abokis and Afonjas that have been running the affairs the country nko??... how have you done.
Today Nigeria is the most wretched country in the world,has the highest number of poor people,worst country to have electricity,3rd most terrorised country in the world, still vulnerable to all childhood killer diseases, highest number of out of school kids on the planet, terrible roads EVERYWHERE , (like the one in the thread that made you run your foolish mouth)... we've seen how well the Abokis and Afonjas that can be trusted have run the country...so we say congrats and thank you for your services to our country.
Have you been to badagry lately??
Where human beings pay and are carried across flooded roads...
Brainless..

Re: Another Rochas Okorocha's Flyover In Owerri Begins To Sink - Massmediang by Nobody: 12:10am On Jun 19, 2019
Ochendo1:

See, Rochas awarded contracts to his firm without due process through one fat Lebanese ex-prisoner and fellow scammer and payments were made in cash.
This has nothing to do with Imo State government.
He was running a one-man-show government, appointing people without appointment letters hence, he was nick-named "Ezeonyeagwalam".
Do not attribute the actions of Rochas to Imo State Government, the defeated Emperor felt he will create an empire in Imo where he will lord over like Tinubu, But he met his match.
Every State Governor has a Lebanese contractor or business partner like Tiefnubu they use to loot their states dry.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Another Rochas Okorocha's Flyover In Owerri Begins To Sink - Massmediang by ScotMisile: 7:52am On Jun 19, 2019
wink2015:

AND ROCHAS OKOROCHA WANT TO BE PRESIDENT OF NIGERIA WITH THIS HIS DRUNKARD MAN CREDENTIAL.

He has held this passion to be President for close to 15 years now.

He is going to wait for so long.

IF THE IGBOS WANT TO FORWARD A VIABLE
CANDIDATE FOR THE POSITION OF PRESIDENT THEN WE SHOULD BE TALKING ABOUT EX-GOVERNOR OF ANAMBRA STATE, MR PETER OBI.

Certainly not Rochas Okorocha aka IBERIBERISM !

Another one from Anambra state.. heheheh
Re: Another Rochas Okorocha's Flyover In Owerri Begins To Sink - Massmediang by tunwumi: 12:40pm On Jun 19, 2019
wingmanII:

I am all for patronizing indigenous contractors but they must be able to deliver an acceptable quality of service. Many of them can, but corruption and nepotism will not allow the right people get the contracts.
I know you will not let your brother who is a quack building contractor build a house for you.

Even a public house in my custody he won't build if he's a quack. Our value system has evaporated into thin air.
But if we don't develop our own who will?
Re: Another Rochas Okorocha's Flyover In Owerri Begins To Sink - Massmediang by tunwumi: 12:54pm On Jun 19, 2019
Mcreloaded:

The expatriate do a good job and make sure kick back don't affect the quality unlike the Nigerian companies you advocate for are ready to offer 50% kick back and do poor work like this bridge.

Which do you prefer since the politicians are greedy.

100% local guy as the fund will be share to the nook and craniess

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Justice Mary Odili's Daughter, Njideka Sworn In As Judge Of Federal High Court / Presidential Poll Dispute: You Can’t Stand In For Tinubu, Court Tells Gov Lalong / There Is War @ Ojuelegba Right Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.