Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,707 members, 7,820,485 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:39 PM

Getting married At 33 And Mum Still Disapproves. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Getting married At 33 And Mum Still Disapproves. (2051 Views)

Would You Marry Someone Your Family Disapproves / My Aunt Married At 39 / My Sister Now 33 And Still A Virgin Looking For Husband? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Getting married At 33 And Mum Still Disapproves. by bamboke(f): 11:25am On Oct 05, 2010
Mum not in support of my relationship with a guy because he is not yoruba. I am 33 and he is from Abia. I don't care though and will go ahead as long as my dad is okay.
Re: Getting married At 33 And Mum Still Disapproves. by ZIMDRILL(m): 11:28am On Oct 05, 2010
bamboke:

Mum not in support of my relationship with a guy because he is not yoruba. I am 33 and he is from Abia. I don't care though and will go ahead as long as my dad is okay.

first you say married at 33 then you say mum disapproves then finally you sauy will go ahead as long dady says ok

what the Bleep are you really talking about
Re: Getting married At 33 And Mum Still Disapproves. by bamboke(f): 11:32am On Oct 05, 2010
I mean that I would be married at 33 this year and m8um still disapproves at choice of man.
Re: Getting married At 33 And Mum Still Disapproves. by ZIMDRILL(m): 11:34am On Oct 05, 2010
bamboke:

I mean that I would be married at 33 this year and m8um still disapproves at choice of man.

it is either you go back to school and learn to to contruct simple english sentence or amend your thread if you miss typed
Re: Getting married At 33 And Mum Still Disapproves. by justwise(m): 11:36am On Oct 05, 2010
ZIM DRILL:

it is either you go back to school and learn to to contruct simple english sentence or amend your thread if you miss typed

Do you have anything to say about her post apart from teaching her English language?
Re: Getting married At 33 And Mum Still Disapproves. by ZIMDRILL(m): 11:38am On Oct 05, 2010
justwise:

Do you have anything to say about her post apart from teaching her English language?

whats there to say when everthing is confusing ?
Re: Getting married At 33 And Mum Still Disapproves. by justwise(m): 11:38am On Oct 05, 2010
bamboke:

If you really love that guy and he does love you as well then go ahead and marry, even ur dady disapproved. I can't stand parents who can not see beyond tribal lines.
Re: Getting married At 33 And Mum Still Disapproves. by justwise(m): 11:39am On Oct 05, 2010
ZIM DRILL:

whats there to say when everthing is confusing ?

The only thing confusing there is you.
Re: Getting married At 33 And Mum Still Disapproves. by ZIMDRILL(m): 11:42am On Oct 05, 2010
justwise:

The only thing confusing there is you.

really you need glasses or english lesson dear
Re: Getting married At 33 And Mum Still Disapproves. by justwise(m): 11:45am On Oct 05, 2010
ZIM DRILL:

really yhen you need glasses or english lesson dear

. . . and you think that your English is great, right?
Re: Getting married At 33 And Mum Still Disapproves. by ZIMDRILL(m): 11:48am On Oct 05, 2010
justwise:

did i claim that ?     nope

you wish i had

people need to be corrected dear so that we know what they really mean than assuming what they mean
Re: Getting married At 33 And Mum Still Disapproves. by SAGoddess: 11:53am On Oct 05, 2010
For the first time in my life I see a man calling another "DEAR"

Anyway I know tribal lines are deep in Naija so I will reserve my comment on this topic! Goodluck OP with your upcoming marriage!
Re: Getting married At 33 And Mum Still Disapproves. by tosyne007(m): 11:53am On Oct 05, 2010
justwise:

i wonder oooooooo. can't allow him to teach my nieces and nephews english language.

justwise:

If you really love that guy and he does love you as well then go ahead and marry, even your dady disapproved. I can't stand parents who can not see beyond tribal lines.

that wont be good. who will give her out in marriage to the man? definatley not u. she needs her parents consent to marry this man whether she likes it or not.

@poster, since u r sure ur dad is okay with the idea, u can use him to persuade ur mum to change her decision/opinion. both of u ca work it out and make her understand that love is all that matters and it does not matter wateva tribe u are marrying from. I'm sure she will come around and allow u follow ur hrt.

all the best.
Re: Getting married At 33 And Mum Still Disapproves. by justwise(m): 11:55am On Oct 05, 2010
ZIM DRILL:

did i claim that ? nope

you i wish i had

people need to be corrected dear so that we know what they really mean that assuming what they mean

Seriously don't bother picking on pple based on their English cos yours is even disaster.
Re: Getting married At 33 And Mum Still Disapproves. by justwise(m): 11:57am On Oct 05, 2010
SA Goddess:

For the first time in my life I see a man calling another [b]"DEAR" [/b]
Anyway I know tribal lines are deep in Naija so I will reserve my comment on this topic! Goodluck OP with your upcoming marriage!

Its brotherly 'love' grin grin
Re: Getting married At 33 And Mum Still Disapproves. by ZIMDRILL(m): 12:04pm On Oct 05, 2010
justwise:

[/b]

Seriously don't bother picking on pple based on their English cos yours is even disaster.

well dear

you cant see the different thats why i said you need glasses

if you had read the heading of the thread before she amended and the rest of her story you would have seen the confusion unfortunately you read between lines

and for me i dont want to assume a story i need the full facts

her original heading read ''MARRIED AT 33 & MUM STILL DISAPPROVES''
Re: Getting married At 33 And Mum Still Disapproves. by jaybee3(m): 12:07pm On Oct 05, 2010
^^^
I amended the thread's subject
Re: Getting married At 33 And Mum Still Disapproves. by ZIMDRILL(m): 12:08pm On Oct 05, 2010
jay bee:

^^^
I amended the thread's subject

she did amend after i responded
Re: Getting married At 33 And Mum Still Disapproves. by justwise(m): 12:09pm On Oct 05, 2010
ZIM DRILL:

well dear you cant see the different thats why i said you need glasses
if you had read the heading of the thread before she amended and the rest of her story you would have seen the confusion unfortunately you read between lines and for me i dont want to assume a story i need the full facts
her original heading read ''MARRIED AT 33 & MUM STILL DISAPPROVES''

Yes i saw the heading but i'm more interested in the body of the thread not the mistake she made on the heading.

Since you knew that your English is not spotless then picking on her based on that mistake should have been the last thing in your mind
Re: Getting married At 33 And Mum Still Disapproves. by SAGoddess: 12:10pm On Oct 05, 2010
justwise:

Its brotherly 'love' grin grin

I see, nice one! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Getting married At 33 And Mum Still Disapproves. by jaybee3(m): 12:10pm On Oct 05, 2010
ZIM DRILL:

she did amend after i responded
Dude, i'm the mod of this section and YES i did the amendment tongue
Re: Getting married At 33 And Mum Still Disapproves. by justwise(m): 12:11pm On Oct 05, 2010
jay bee:

Dude, i'm the mod of this section and YES i did the amendment tongue

Authority!!!!!!!
Re: Getting married At 33 And Mum Still Disapproves. by babyme1(f): 12:17pm On Oct 05, 2010
This ZIM guy needs some tutorials. Contact me bro tongue

@OP you can persuade your parents,being angry wouldn't solve the problem. You can ask your aunties or uncles to talk to them on your behalf.
Re: Getting married At 33 And Mum Still Disapproves. by bamboke(f): 12:25pm On Oct 05, 2010
@Zim Rill

Just for peace sake I decided not to respond to all your comments. I did not make a mistake with my posting. It reads,"Getting married" and not "married" as you assumed.

Please read and understand before replying. My English is okay, probably you ain't used to read much books.

Peace!

I asked for your advise, not for insults sir!
Re: Getting married At 33 And Mum Still Disapproves. by sexy74(m): 12:30pm On Oct 05, 2010
[/color][b][/b]at poster
[color=#770077]
[b][/b]what i want you to ubder stand is that you are the one getting married and not your mum.

[/color][b][/b]the worst she can do or say is to di- own you or will not be present at yur wedding.

[color=#770077]
[b][/b]and to me that means nothing.

the most important thing is that there is consent between the parties involved here ( your spouse and you)

my sister go ahead with your marriage and pray for God Guide and guardiance.

our good Lord will make you happy and fruithful in your husbands house.

let your mother go and rest in peace and let you be.

wishing you best in the endeavour you want to take.
Re: Getting married At 33 And Mum Still Disapproves. by sharpman1(m): 12:31pm On Oct 05, 2010
ZIM DRILL:

well dear

you cant see the different thats why i said you need glasses

Zim ZIm. . . . . .na wa for your use of English ooooo. . . . . and to think that you were trying to correct someone else.

I guess you should remove the LOG in your eyes instead of worrying about the OP . . . . . . .
Re: Getting married At 33 And Mum Still Disapproves. by Nobody: 12:35pm On Oct 05, 2010
Poster pls go ahead wit ur marriage didnt you read of someones post she is forty and mad at her pastors for the delay.There comes a time in everybody"s life that parental guidance and personal decision must clash.sorry to your mom go ahead with your marriage plans.she will eventually come around.
Re: Getting married At 33 And Mum Still Disapproves. by Creamish(f): 12:48pm On Oct 05, 2010
@OP . . I hope ur mum is up-to date in respect of ur age n d fact dat ur child bearing years isnt much anymore undecided

one wuld think dat a mother wuld b thanking God that her daughter had d chance to get married . . considering d age . . . and for a reason as stupid as TRIBE, she says NO??

Some parents can b rily stubborn for all d wrong reasons. angry angry

Bamboke, i know dis is hard but u need to gently persuade ur mum into seeing it from ur view. U love him and u want to marry him. Then PRAY. God works in mysterious ways. wink
Re: Getting married At 33 And Mum Still Disapproves. by ZIMDRILL(m): 12:51pm On Oct 05, 2010
bamboke:

@Zim Rill

Just for peace sake I decided not to respond to all your comments. I did not make a mistake with my posting. It reads,"Getting married" and not "married" as you assumed.

Please read and understand before replying. My English is okay, probably you ain't used to read much books.

Peace!

dont bother yourself dear you corrected it therefore we got what you really wanted to

myself i didnt want to assume what your where trying to say hence i asked you rephrase
Re: Getting married At 33 And Mum Still Disapproves. by ZIMDRILL(m): 12:55pm On Oct 05, 2010
sharp man:

Zim ZIm. . . . . .na wa for your use of English ooooo. . . . . and to think that you were trying to correct someone else.

I guess you should remove the LOG in your eyes instead of worrying about the OP . . . . . . .

there is a big difference there

i didnt put the CE but still you would get what i wanted to say

with hers it was '''MARRIED 33 & MUM STILL DISAPPROVES'' the rest was "Insert Quote
Mum not in support of my relationship with a guy because he is not yoruba. I am 33 and he is from Abia. I don't care though and will go ahead as long as my dad is okay".

that was confusing to me
Re: Getting married At 33 And Mum Still Disapproves. by ZIMDRILL(m): 1:00pm On Oct 05, 2010
bamboke:

@Zim Rill

Peace!

i know you asked for advise but you forget one thing people respond to what they feel and think whether you get hurt i the respond some dont care because at the end of the day we will tell you only what you want to hear than some truth that might hurt though it might help

i suggested you get used to all the positive and negatives responds thats real life it wouldnt the real world when all is good
Re: Getting married At 33 And Mum Still Disapproves. by yme1(f): 1:01pm On Oct 05, 2010
you really need to sit mum down and talk her back into the 21st century

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do You Read The Romance Section? / The Woman's Evil Relationship Cycle ….… / ' See This Village Girll'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.