Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,677 members, 7,820,376 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:52 PM

Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 - Investment (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 (79429 Views)

How To Be Rich In Nigeria / Nigerian Stocks That Make You Happy All The Time / Best Nigerian Stocks To Buy For Your Retirement? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (46) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by enurayce: 8:02pm On Jun 16, 2007
@Frank,Egold,ayoola,easimoni,enolase and others,please reply

If this thread is about stocks that will make us rich in 2007, what do the gurus in the house have to say for those of us who are starting now? If you all don’t mind, could u help those of us wanting to start now with some of the stocks that could make us rich as this thread implies. Looking forward to hearing from you all.You all are highly appreciated. Thanks
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by COinvest: 9:50pm On Jun 16, 2007
@ easimoni

thanks a lot for the advice, that helps me to cancel out Lead Capital out of the possible options grin

@ windywendy

the creditrating firm sounds like a good idea, would definitely like to read up on the memo
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by oxytech: 11:48pm On Jun 16, 2007
@enolase

You guys really do not have any idea of the enormity of all your comments and contribution!

I NEVER did forums or chat sites, but you guys have caused me serious pain,
Now I dey sleep for 4am, dey do enolase postulations, easimoni calcutations, frankiriri study, wendy mega gist,egold, UNA GO KILL ME O!!

Thanks guys!!!!!
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by windywendy(f): 12:55am On Jun 17, 2007
OK guys, I tried to post the placement memorandum for CR services but got an error message saying the file is too large. If you're interested, send me a short email at windywendy121@hotmail.com and i'll forward you the placement memo. I actually started to read it but stopped when I got to the revenue projections -- seemed very unrealistic to me, but then again, i'm not based in nigeria and may have lost touch with what's really on ground.

The company basically generates revenues based on initial one-time subscriptions and then by selling credit reports, providing technical support to banks using their software, smart card issuance revenues, etc. The most substantial of these is the revenues to be generated from credit reports. In projecting these revenues, they have assumed that they'll have 15 banks signed up by 2008 to 2011, which I think is reasonable, because they already have 10 and 2 more are in the offing. Where I however am struggling is that they assume that by 2009 they'll issue 900,000 credit reports. From simple math, this comes to 60,000 credit reports per bank per year and 5,000 credit reports per bank per month. Assuming we have 20 working days in one month, this comes to 250 credit reports per bank per day.

For those who are familiar with the banking environment in Nigeria, is it really possible that on every single working day in a year, 250 different people will walk into a bank to apply for one form of credit or the other that the bank will take seriously enough to request a credit report? Perhaps if the banks are issuing credit cards that might be the case. Then the question becomes -- will banks be issuing credit cards in the near future (say 2009)? Hmmmm, the more I look at this deal the less I'm liking it . . .
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by iceman75(m): 12:07pm On Jun 17, 2007
Hello all!!
I've been a silent listener/ reader for a while,i appreciate all the ideas. I can happily say that i've made a few =N=M, God bless u all especialy the gurus. Some can criticaly analyze very well, some can check fundamentals, some can calculate and some critisize with facts,.
Has anybody ever imagined what the outcome might be if all these brains come together to achieve a common goal? are we missing something?
Mr. Frankiriri( one of the gurus ) has statred a club, we don't we join in.
The world is a small place, anything conceivable can be achieved. Are we missing something??
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by BIGBOYLARY(m): 1:14pm On Jun 17, 2007
@enurayce,

After all the speculations and all conclusion with any stocks broken of your choice i think you can star with these stocks:

1-AIICO INSURANCE PLC

2-CRUSADER INSURANCE

3-CORNERSTONE INSURANCE

4- WEST AFRICAN PROV.INS.COY.PLC. to mention just a view in insurance sectors.

BANKS:

You can look into banking sectors and pick any of the followings:
1- FIRST BANK IN THE MARKET RITE NOW,

2- DIAMOND BANK COMING SOON

3-PLATINUMHABIB BANK. 4 a starts and if u arte liquid enough go for big players, zenith,guaranty,oceanic e.t.c.

BREWERIES:

I CAN BET MY MONEY ON JOS INT BREWERIEWIES FOR A START I HOLD 35% OF IT giv it a short and see.

CONSTRUCTIONS:

CONSTAIN (WA) PLC will soon land the market you can get a hold of it, many I.P.O. will soon land in the market u can keep you eyez sharp and glue to this thread pls its my suggestion, goood luck. cool cool cool
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by shey(m): 9:08pm On Jun 17, 2007
@bigboylary, cc other GURUs
i saw what u post for the other guy who said he is starter pls i need alittle help here, bigboylary i had a £10000 loan from my bank i need to pay back but i want to invest it in some stock that can bring back a good return u know what it mean here i have a direct debit on my account alread good or bad i must pay back .please can some body advice on what i can use 2million naira to buy and get atleast 500000 by december or hopefully first quarter of 2008
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by BIGBOYLARY(m): 9:52pm On Jun 17, 2007
@ shey

Dont be afraid my brother you are on the rite thread, first put 2k aside to service the loan invest 3k in UK that will give u monthly £900,Which u call call me on 07798830387 to get the low down which i guarantee, buy first bank share with 3k and hold for the green light and wait the remaining on insurance which we can sell before dec i bet you u shall smile like Don King, cool cool cool
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by fineass: 10:01pm On Jun 17, 2007
Hi y'all, can some please tell me what stocks i need to but to get my shares worth to 3.5million naira.presently my shares worth is about 660,00naira and i am willing to add about 500,000 naira to that to hit my target.So i need your help @Gurus in da HOUSE.Peace cool
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by fineass: 10:05pm On Jun 17, 2007
well u can also seng your replies to my box donelpee@yahoo.com if that aint too much trouble.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by BIGBOYLARY(m): 10:39pm On Jun 17, 2007
@fineass

First and foremost what other stocks do u hold? U can spread your porfolio like i do so which ones are u realy interested in buying:

BANKING STOCKS.

AGRICULTURE.
AUTOMOBILE AND TYRE.
AVIATION.
BREWERIES.
INSURANCE.
CONSTRUCTIONS.
HEALTHCARE,
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by fineass: 11:12pm On Jun 17, 2007
Hi bigboylary grin thanks for replying me Men. Yeah i have my stocks majorly in the banking industry, oil and gas industry and also in conglomerates(transcorp).Let me ask you first Sir cause i believe you are an expert on this subject matter.Is it possible that i can arrive at the said amount within the next 6months.secondly if you were in my shoes what sectors would you consider to bulid you a solid portfolio considering the money i have on me and the time period Peace cool
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by olat(m): 11:48pm On Jun 17, 2007
@ Wendy

kindly send the detailed information (i.e. prospectus) of CR services to me. I have sent you a mail. Becasue I'm in the industry, I can comfortably tell you that an average of 250 pple apply for one form of credits/facilities.
Again, there is an impending explosion in the consumer banking that is about to 'rock' nigerian market in form of mortgage, auto loan among others. moreso, a credit rating agency is a long time need in the banking industry.

Sum it up, it should be an interesting one!
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by BIGBOYLARY(m): 1:17am On Jun 18, 2007
@fineass

Its like you are saying: WARREN BUFFETT OR EDDIE LAMPERT? Who is better or which investor should i follow? Mr Lampert was a super-investor who runs ESL investments,the hedge fund while people also known Mr Buffet.

You can investor your portfolio into new ares in which you wants to explore like the new gold mine waiting to explode the INSURANCE SECTOR but for the time frame put half in Platinumhabib bankDiamond bank and spread the remaining within insurance sectors between: Mutual benefits assurance, and Prestige assurance Nascon,and Crusader insurance for time check happy investing, cool cool cool
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by Opomulero1(m): 9:05am On Jun 18, 2007
BIGBOYLARY:

@ shey

Dont be afraid my brother you are on the rite thread, first put 2k aside to service the loan invest 3k in UK that will give u monthly £900,Which u call call me on 07798830387 to get the low down which i guarantee, buy first bank share with 3k and hold for the green light and wait the remaining on insurance which we can sell before dec i bet you u shall smile like Don King, cool cool cool

@ BIGBOYALINKOLARRY

My brother - you are recommending an IPO (and a bank IPO at that!) to someone with a 6-month timeframe. U wan use magic to get the certificate, verify and sell in that period?

And as for the means to get £900 monthly on £3000, abeg share it with all of us o! NOSPECTO dey for UK too?
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by shigidi(m): 9:11am On Jun 18, 2007
big boy lary,
ive been following JOS BREWERIES as well and im also interested. why do u think its such a good stock
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by shigidi(m): 11:57am On Jun 18, 2007
@ easimoni, is there any website where i can get info on the hot stocks right now, or will u advise me on any magazine that can help. pls reply asap. thanks
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by BIGBOYLARY(m): 12:50pm On Jun 18, 2007
@opomuledown.

What am saying is Secoundary market my bro, we dont have NOSPECTO in UK, but we have a good investments that will turn around your money like i said for real so if u are interested hook up.

@shigidi

JOS BREWERIES will be a good buy anyday i can bet my money on it, the 2004 recapitalisation exercise can be said to be 100 per cent successful, under the watchful eyes of Albert Kattiems-team and with the exit of Guinness Nigeria Plc from the management of JIB its going to explode.
At the height of its success, it singly built the most successful integrated farms in Nigeria - the BARC Farms Limited, and the Pioneer Milling Company.
Incorporated in 1975 and the company posted heavy profits with high dividends, am hook on it. cool cool cool
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by ferugio(m): 1:13pm On Jun 18, 2007
@windywendy

I've just emailed you for a copy of CR Service prospectus. smiley smiley
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by windywendy(f): 2:54pm On Jun 18, 2007
BIGBOYLARY:

@shigidi

JOS BREWERIES will be a good buy anyday i can bet my money on it, the 2004 recapitalisation exercise can be said to be 100 per cent successful, under the watchful eyes of Albert Kattiems-team and with the exit of Guinness Nigeria Plc from the management of JIB its going to explode.
At the height of its success, it singly built the most successful integrated farms in Nigeria - the BARC Farms Limited, and the Pioneer Milling Company.
Incorporated in 1975 and the company posted heavy profits with high dividends, am hook on it. cool cool cool

BigBoy, I suggest you check your facts before posting oh! Yes indeed, Jos Brew completed the public offer in 2004 and received all of the offer monies early that year. But for FY 2004 and FY 2005 they made significant losses. So what did they do with the money they raised? The shares for which they did the offer just got listed in 2007 due to internal wranglings within the company. In the interim, employees were on and off on strike protesting non-payment of salaries and the factory was closed down for an extended period of time. Even the MD himself came out and said that the company was making losses and therefore couldn't afford to pay back-owed salaries, blah blah blah. In order to save the company from total collapse, the Plateau state government bought a lot of the shares just to inject some money into the company. As of today, it is not clear that  production has resumed (unless of course you know something that I don't know). There was some rumor that a foreign investor was trying to buy into the company -- but that's basically that, A RUMOR. As far as i'm concerned, Albert Kattiems and his team have been the bane of the company's existence, so they're no reason to invest in the company, and neither is the exit of Guinness any reason to invest either. Now if you can confirm that some foreign investors are indeed looking to buy into the company (and that this is not just some rumor touted in order to shore up the share price so that those who warehoused it can dump on unsuspecting investors), then by all means go ahead and buy. Otherwise I wouldn't advice you to bet your money on  a stock like that. The company is virtually grounded and has been that way for a while now.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by BIGBOYLARY(m): 3:36pm On Jun 18, 2007
@windywendy:

You are rite that was when they are going 2ru internal administration but now, Jos International Breweries has signed a memorandum of understanding with a foreign direct investor. cool cool cool
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by BIGBOYLARY(m): 3:45pm On Jun 18, 2007
@ ALL

MONITOR YOUR INVESTMENT ONLINE HOOK UP: www.cscsnigeria.com.

follow up on all your stocks position, transaction,stock movements and transaction details shine your eye. cool cool cool
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by Boboayuze(m): 4:48pm On Jun 18, 2007
I think Access bank is one of the banks you can bank on, I have been monitoring their movement for some time.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by mycc(f): 5:42pm On Jun 18, 2007
i just bought 100,000 units of transcorp , so ?
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by frankiriri(m): 6:13pm On Jun 18, 2007
@ wendy
Can I get a copy of the memorandum. Please send it to frankiriri@yahoo.com
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by windywendy(f): 6:44pm On Jun 18, 2007
Frank, i've just sent you the memo.

For all interested, i've created another thread here https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-60586.0.html so that we can do some thorough analyses on this CR deal. See you there . . .
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by kbaba12: 7:01pm On Jun 18, 2007
pls how do i report a stockbrooker who is trying to get away with my money and how do i transfer my share from one stock man to another smiley
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by gbengaijot(m): 8:46pm On Jun 18, 2007
Does anyone know how true it is that Diamond Bank will be floating a IPO soon.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by easimoni(m): 9:04pm On Jun 18, 2007
shigidi:

@ easimoni, is there any website where i can get info on the hot stocks right now, or will u advise me on any magazine that can help. please reply asap. thanks

Try www.proshareng.com and www.stockmarketnigeria.com

Both sites contain good information and not a list of hot stocks. Beware of anyone who offers you a list of hot stocks. You'll get ur fingers burned!
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by easimoni(m): 9:06pm On Jun 18, 2007
mycc:

i just bought 100,000 units of transcorp , so ?

Why in the world would you do that?
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by windywendy(f): 9:27pm On Jun 18, 2007
easimoni:

Why in the world would you do that?

Hehehehe  grin grin I was just wondering the same thing myself. But who know, he may be investing for his grand children to inherit . . . hopefully transcorp will have started operations by the time they turn 18, otherwise then they'll have to wait for their own grand children, and on and on the waiting goes
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by Omoba3(m): 9:37pm On Jun 18, 2007
@ Easi - How bodi dey. I've sent you some emails so please check you emails.

Thanks for being a sport wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (46) (Reply)

Crowdfunding Investment Platforms And Options (non Agritech Categories) / "Option C" Investors Storm Oko Oloyun’s Office To Demand Their Money / CBN Warns Nigerians Against “MMM”, Calls It Wonder Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.