Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,706 members, 7,816,895 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:41 PM

Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 - Investment (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 (79387 Views)

How To Be Rich In Nigeria / Nigerian Stocks That Make You Happy All The Time / Best Nigerian Stocks To Buy For Your Retirement? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (46) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by toyibanj(m): 2:26pm On Jun 04, 2007
Feelgood
I also bought BCC in the 59's too. I feel you should hold as Government policies is yet to fully favour cement industry. What do the guru's have to say?
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by toyibanj(m): 2:30pm On Jun 04, 2007
Easimoni,
Are you willing to mentor or teach new investors how to pick winning stocks through doing their own fundamental analysis ? Contact or e-mail will be highly appreciated. Mine is tbanjoko@hotmail.com
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by easimoni(m): 2:57pm On Jun 04, 2007
@Shey,
yes 500k both ways sounds good. If you forced me to pick, GTBank and Oando. The other banks and Guinness in the first group may be hard to get. Oando is also well underpriced. And yes, you do need a broker.

@ feelgood,
sorry mate but a quick inspection of  BCC tells me it's overpriced. I understand why it had a good run (it was taken over by Dangote who turned it around and delivered solid growth in profit-after-tax) but the final year results & 3 months to March 07 showed that the PAT growth rate has slowed significantly. From 3.1B last year, they may deliver 4.5-5B this year. With 2.8B shares, you get an EPS of N1.7. Apply a PE of 25 (v generous) and you get a fair value of N42. I don't think the price will fall significantly, but unless the profit starts to grow miraculously, there is no room for growth!
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by aylala2002(m): 6:52pm On Jun 04, 2007
Helo All !!!
Great job on this thread, thanks all. Easimoni, Frankiri et al, i salute!!!
I'll like 2 remind Nairaland users and indeed th world that the best place any rational investor shld invest now is in the Nigerian Equities Market. The World bank data shows that Nigeria has witnessed the highest influx of capital inflow in Africa in form of either foreign direct investment (FDI) and/of foreign portfolio investment (FPI). Most of our banks now have foreign investors/technical partners so as to position them for the global market invasion, the top three banks (FBN,UBA and Zenith) already has branches in the business districts of USA and England. The NSE All-Share Index has rallied by 58% from 33,189.30 points on January 4, 2007 to 51,383.64 today.

A quote from Ndidi Okereke-Nyiuke speech while endorsing FBN’s Hybrid Offer “Those who invested N1,000.00 in the stock in the last 10 years have had over 5,000% returns on their investments as at today”

I beseech u all to take advantage of this golden opportunity to benefit from this juicy market. STOP THE FIXED DEPOSITS NOW!!! At best u can get 8% returns per annum from your savings account, while the stock market returns is simply limitless as u can make 20,50,100,250 nay, 500% returns in a year (ask Intra Motors Plc shareholders for the 2006 year)

Hot Stocks for the season!
1. Japaul Oil: The directors of the Maritime Company is paying  N0.11 dividend per share (very high for an otherwise penny stock) for the year ended 31st December, 2006 to be ratified by the shareholders on 11 July, 2007.  Actually, nobody is selling this stock right now, most traded one are cross-deals. An imminent IPO of N5bn in the offing.

2. MBenefit: Impressive full year result, though dividend declaration not yet made public.

3. C & I Leasing: Unprecedented Q1 result for March 2007

4. Skye Bank: One of the hottest banking stock of the moment. Good forecasted EPS of 0.60

5. The trio of Oceanic, UBA and Diamond bank

Zenith almost touched the N60.00 mark today!

I forecast N80.00 per share for Zenith if and only if a bonus of 1 for 1 is declared by Jim smiley

Intercontinental bank shareholders were averse about the final 35k dividend deeclared last friday as investors promptly reacted by dumping the shares since then, lost N1.37 today to close at N26.18. I predicted this price trend before. Still a GOOD long term buy though.

Sumbodi cld also look out for UNIC and Evans Med., they are sumwat sleepers currently.

MY CAVEAT STILL STANDS!

Gud night all cheesy
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by Egavlas(m): 8:31pm On Jun 04, 2007
Skye Bank is still doing well. Am elated about this. Even Ecobank is still moving up. I am loving it grin
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by otokx(m): 10:12pm On Jun 04, 2007
@aylala2002

which stock brokers do you patronize? and do they have a strong online presence?
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by shey(m): 11:15pm On Jun 04, 2007
@easimoni
am sorry if am taking u back or i seems to be out of this world on stock market but i just want to be like u or be where u are in the bizness and if i take u as my good shepard i think its ok by u. well can u pls send ur emaill address to me at sheysmall@yahoo.com u may include ur fone number 2 i will call u as soon as i check my mail. i need to ask u soem other things am sorry for taking u out of nairaland with this but we will be back on it as soon as i explain my self better to u in my novices way
cheers mate!
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by hbrednic: 2:01am On Jun 05, 2007
for how long is this upsurge in bank shares going to last?
some of the shares are already over-valued surpassing by far there fair value,
we must be prudent while investing,so that we dont get hurt to the bones when the house came crashing down.
please anybody with an idea when to bail out of banking stocks?
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by nossycheek(f): 7:46am On Jun 05, 2007
kisshi
how can i get ur number or mail addy.i need a stock brocker.
ada
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by ChiefS(m): 11:44am On Jun 05, 2007
@ Aylalacious,
You ARE really doing great on this thread and i pray that God shall bless you for your supports.

I really have a question for you, The quest. is WHAT IS THE FUTURE OF UNION BANK OF NIGERIA (UBN)
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by egoldman(m): 1:06pm On Jun 05, 2007
hbrednic:

for how long is this upsurge in bank shares going to last?
some of the shares are already over-valued surpassing by far there fair value,
we must be prudent while investing,so that we don't get hurt to the bones when the house came crashing down.
please anybody with an idea when to bail out of banking stocks?

i would worry about riding the bull now and making the owo while u keep worrying about when it would stop grin grin
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by hbrednic: 4:03pm On Jun 05, 2007
@egoldman
bet you, i am on top of the bull as well.how stupid, if i could let this opportunities go by.i will take the title of the dumbest nigerian ever.
while making the owo u still have to know when to bail out, otherwise one day you will find out that you only holding on ordinary paper thats valuless.
some shares are driving by mare rumour and the atmosphere in the stock market right now.
one thing is sure,the northward surge will not be forever.keep riding without asking questions and later lets see who will have the last laugh.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by kanugab(m): 4:07pm On Jun 05, 2007
I have small number of fidelity bank which i may like to dispose. But  i don't know if there is still prostect of better appreciation in the nearest future. pls advise  needed
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by easimoni(m): 4:22pm On Jun 05, 2007
kanugab:

I have small number of fidelity bank which i may like to dispose. But i don't know if there is still prostect of better appreciation in the nearest future. please advise needed

Fidelity has exceed it's fair value. Unless the profits grow miraculously, sell and buy GTB, UBA, Oando or other stocks that have been suggested in this thread.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by freelance(m): 5:07pm On Jun 05, 2007
Intercontinental Bank is dropin. I think pple were not so happy at the dividends they declared angry. What do you guys feel about Intercontinental bank plc.

There was speculation earlier that they wud give bonus but with what they declared pple seem just to be dumping their shares. angry

Godspeed!
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by egoldman(m): 7:18pm On Jun 05, 2007
hbrednic:

@egoldman
bet you, i am on top of the bull as well.how stupid, if i could let this opportunities go by.i will take the title of the dumbest nigerian ever.
while making the owo u still have to know when to bail out, otherwise one day you will find out that you only holding on ordinary paper thats valuless.
some shares are driving by mare rumour and the atmosphere in the stock market right now.
one thing is sure,the northward surge will not be forever.keep riding without asking questions and later lets see who will have the last laugh.

i think the nse made programmed in a way that it is not possible for a stock to gain or lose more that 5% on a day trading , so with this check in place i dont see why i would not know when to bail out wink wink
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by chumakk: 7:45pm On Jun 05, 2007
i need a broker who have knowledge on real estaste and stock
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by Proshareng: 3:24am On Jun 06, 2007
Check out the investment opportunities in the market here http://www.proshareng.com/myproshare/portal_articles.php?id=1108
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by egoldman(m): 4:37am On Jun 06, 2007
Proshareng:

Check out the investment opportunities in the market here http://www.proshareng.com/myproshare/portal_articles.php?id=1108

Hello , are you from the proshareng website or is this just an id name you like ?
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by toyibanj(m): 7:11am On Jun 06, 2007
To the gurus in the house.
What's your opinion on the Access Bank IPO offer of 14.90 naira. Good buy Was the suspension share price of 19.32 overvalued?

Thanks all as you contribute.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by Allcorrect(m): 12:30pm On Jun 06, 2007
Will they give bonus?or just some miserly divdend. Aniway i will just sell the thing once the suspension is lifted.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by easimoni(m): 3:09pm On Jun 06, 2007
egoldman:

Hello , are you from the proshareng website or is this just an id name you like ?

Based on his other posts, I think he owns/runs Proshare

toyibanj:

To the gurus in the house.
What's your opinion on the Access Bank IPO offer of 14.90 naira. Good buy Was the suspension share price of 19.32 overvalued?

Thanks all as you contribute.

My spreadsheets say Access Bank's EPS could be 80k a year from now (accounting for the new shares). If you buy the PO, you'll get it at a FORWARD PE of 18.6 (not bad) but not until this time next year. Bank stocks are becoming overpriced and this PO heads the list. You'll be much better off buying GTBank on the market. Barring GTBank coming to the market for a PO, I can bet you'll get better returns with GTB (and my current hot pick: Oando) than with Access. Don't forget you'll wait months for the certificate.

Say no to POs!
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by wanaj0: 3:57pm On Jun 06, 2007
Be wary of petroleum marketing stocks. Until you have full deregulation, you need to be careful. Oando like the other companies in the sector are having dwindling margins. What also makes Oando a bit risky is the hold that Ocean and Oil has on the company. Ocean and Oil is being used to 'ferry' money out of that company. Just look at the share dilution that is going to take place based on new shares to be issued to Ocean and Oil!

Yes, most stocks are getting over priced. The earnings does not guarantee the prices so expect a correction. That's why you need to stick to fundamentally sound stocks. It is so funny when I read people buying shares of companies that are not producing anything!!! It is in a bear market that you no good investors. There will surely be weeping and gnashing of teeth very soon.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by toyibanj(m): 4:05pm On Jun 06, 2007
easimoni:

Based on his other posts, I think he owns/runs Proshare

My spreadsheets say Access Bank's EPS could be 80k a year from now (accounting for the new shares). If you buy the PO, you'll get it at a FORWARD PE of 18.6 (not bad) but not until this time next year. Bank stocks are becoming overpriced and this PO heads the list. You'll be much better off buying GTBank on the market. Barring GTBank coming to the market for a PO, I can bet you'll get better returns with GTB (and my current hot pick: Oando) than with Access. Don't forget you'll wait months for the certificate.

Say no to POs!
Easimoni, i like your style of avoiding POs. I'll like to do likewise. I guess PO's is for the novice investor which i am now. You must be a short term trader which is best for this market. How do you best implement this "say no to POs strategy" so that one can ride the spike of stocks such as oceanic,diamond and UBA and sell when everyone is looking without waiting for share certificate. I sent you some private e-mails too.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by toyibanj(m): 4:19pm On Jun 06, 2007
wanaj0:

Be wary of petroleum marketing stocks. Until you have full deregulation, you need to be careful. Oando like the other companies in the sector are having dwindling margins. What also makes Oando a bit risky is the hold that Ocean and Oil has on the company. Ocean and Oil is being used to 'ferry' money out of that company. Just look at the share dilution that is going to take place based on new shares to be issued to Ocean and Oil!

Yes, most stocks are getting over priced. The earnings does not guarantee the prices so expect a correction. That's why you need to stick to fundamentally sound stocks. It is so funny when I read people buying shares of companies that are not producing anything!!! It is in a bear market that you no good investors. There will surely be weeping and gnashing of teeth very soon.
wanaj0
Since you're knocking off Oando which most analyst rate highly. Which stocks qualify as been fundamentally sound. Just name a few and reasons. We're all learning. Thanks
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by wanaj0: 4:32pm On Jun 06, 2007
toyibanj:

wanaj0
Since you're knocking off Oando which most analyst rate highly. Which stocks qualify as been fundamentally sound. Just name a few and reasons. We're all learning. Thanks

I am not knocking off Oando. I am just pointing out the inherent risk there. If you are comfortbale with it, go ahead. The PE is attractive but that does not tell you the full story. OandO is highly leverage but are scared to come to the market now contrary to the initial plans.

Personally, I tend to look for UNDERVALUED stocks that the market is yet to recognise. They may not be fanciful but on the long run they will come out good. Note that I am not a money doubler.

Right now, WAPCO, LONGMAN, DIAMOND, BETA GLASS, MAY AND BAKER and WEMA are some of the stocks that I personally will go for.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by Allcorrect(m): 4:42pm On Jun 06, 2007
My take on this is that if you are new to the market its okay to buy but thats if u are looking long term. For now its for pips like us that have bin their for a while. So it depends on what u folks want.

Happy investing year
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by moneybags: 6:51pm On Jun 06, 2007
Hi everyone, does anyone know when the technical suspension on IBTC and Afribank will be lifted?
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by easimoni(m): 7:19pm On Jun 06, 2007
wanaj0:

If anything, Oando's profit margins seems to be increasing! I'd really like to know how/when new Oando shares will be issued. Can't seem to find any news to that effect. A response will be greatly appreciated (I just placed an order for a boatload of shares).

moneybags:

Hi everyone, does anyone know when the technical suspension on IBTC and Afribank will be lifted?

Afribank is in no man's land. They have been too busy fighting off a takeover to launch their PO. They will remain suspended until they finish the PO or indicate they will no longer pursue a PO. If they choose the first route, expect a lift no earlier than 4Q07.

IBTC will prob be lifted after the merger with Stanbic
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by moneybags: 7:41pm On Jun 06, 2007
Thanks easimoni. Do you or anyone in the house have any idea how soon the merger between ibtc and stanbic will be completed? it's been on since March or so
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by shey(m): 11:53pm On Jun 06, 2007
@easimoni
check the private mail i sent o ur mail pls and reply accordingly ASAP
thanks
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by Gunit4life(m): 8:20am On Jun 07, 2007
Please aylala2002 thanks for your information its interesting. I want to knw the latest firm that sells shares and how much is it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (46) (Reply)

MMM Runs To Kenya After Swindling Nigerians. Promises 40% Per Month / Crowdfunding Investment Platforms And Options (non Agritech Categories) / "Option C" Investors Storm Oko Oloyun’s Office To Demand Their Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.