Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,759 members, 7,851,593 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 12:01 AM

Igbo, Nigerian Traders Attacked In Togo (Photos, Video) - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Igbo, Nigerian Traders Attacked In Togo (Photos, Video) (50701 Views)

Xenophobia: Nigerians Attacked In South Africa Again (Photos) / Nigerians Attacked In Lomé Togo. Many Wounded And Some Escaped Being Lynched. Pi / Nigerian Man 'Runs Mad' In Togo Beach, Confesses To Money Rituals. Photos/Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo, Nigerian Traders Attacked In Togo (Photos, Video) by soggy28(m): 12:59pm On Jun 21, 2019
my question is why always Igbo people. they have been killed all over the world
indonesia killing them for drugs
india jailing them
dubai jailing them
south africa killing them
common Ghana killing them
ordinary togo killing them
OP Do you not think that these people will soon become engendered?

The problem is that an average Igbo man wants to dominate his immediate environment. He sees others as low life who shudnt amount to anything except himself.Therefore he wants to play on their intelligence and scam them if possible.
They are doing this across Nigeria and getting away wt it BT can't try such elsewhere. I hope they change.

[/quote]
Re: Igbo, Nigerian Traders Attacked In Togo (Photos, Video) by idonhammer: 1:00pm On Jun 21, 2019
Idio.t,I left Togo yesterday to Paris..Are you sure u read the message before spreading your hatred towards your own people. If u witness what happened in Togo last week u won't be here talking nonsense.

alienvirus:
This is becoming unbecoming.

Truth be told, average Nigerian misbehaves when he travels out of the country. They are characterised with loud-mouths, unnecessary show offs, snatching people wives and girlfriends, attracting women with money, causing chaos and throwing parties everywhere.

Even at home, our ugly behaviour has become epidemic. Nigerians need to sit and have a rethink before it is too late.
Re: Igbo, Nigerian Traders Attacked In Togo (Photos, Video) by ChristineC: 1:01pm On Jun 21, 2019
abuuzy:
Let's clear some little issue,s about the Igbo man*
*They are great entrepreneurs
*well in socializing
*jovial and entertaining set of tribal
*productive

But the average Igbo man is loud and dominate
*you can be successful in another man's land and live a quite life.
*The Igbo man has a pride nature not just in action but in words
*He parade himself around the flaws of his host,bylittling his capability.
*Igbo don't respect boundaries and norms of his host.
*He doesn't know the guides of a visitor in a foreign land.
*An average Igbo man believes he can dominate anyplace even in his host house.

*They've had issues with the Hausa in the north.
*They call Lagos no mans land they develop it themselves.
*Benin republic
*Togo
*south Africa
*Ghana
And major cities where Nigerians have had huge crises relating to businesses
NOTE:not applicable to all igbos

you are a fool if you believe the story and that picture uploaded are intertwined.
Besides, Nigeria has shrunk from basketball to ping pong so no surprises here.

1 Like

Re: Igbo, Nigerian Traders Attacked In Togo (Photos, Video) by Dedetwo(m): 1:01pm On Jun 21, 2019
yinkus6750:
Our Igbo brothers, always fermenting trouble everywhere.
Now making us enemies of our own West African brothers.

Are you okay? A love affairs gone bad is now means of making enemies. Nigeria is dead.

1 Like

Re: Igbo, Nigerian Traders Attacked In Togo (Photos, Video) by abuuzy(m): 1:03pm On Jun 21, 2019
ChristineC:
you are a fool if you believe the story and that picture uploaded are intertwined.

Well your choice of words doesn't move me I move around alot,was in Togo last year.
These are the things people say.
Not all Igbo's, *brother a few are tarnishing our image*.
Yoruba's too

There is a pattern here,we all need to study.
My dad schooled in Ghana my grandma grew up in Togo,
He was shocked about but the news of kidnappings in Ghana it has never happened before. And he guessed right they were Nigerians who anchored the plans.

We has people need to check ourselves .
Re: Igbo, Nigerian Traders Attacked In Togo (Photos, Video) by richie240: 1:05pm On Jun 21, 2019
Destroyerofyeeb:
Ehh, God epp us oo. Even togo wey be say na housemaid be their career and profession for Nigeria sef get mind to attack Nigerians? Ahh naija has fallen.
U know better than this!
Why are these Nigerians hated in south Africa, Kenya, Ghana, Togo, yorubaland, hausaland?
Moral of d lesson: when u are in Rome, behave (and respect d culture of romans. All these ppl can't all be jealous of them. These 'Nigerians' should search themselves. Period!

yinkus6750:
Our Igbo brothers, always fermenting trouble everywhere.
Now making us enemies of our own West African brothers.

Peacemaker5129:
india jailing them
dubai jailing them

Good question!

2 Likes

Re: Igbo, Nigerian Traders Attacked In Togo (Photos, Video) by DAramis: 1:07pm On Jun 21, 2019
Na wah.

See as everyone dey beef Nigerians both home and abroad. The funny thing is that our country also follows in beefing his citizens.

Who do we offend for the universe

Na so our name and passport cast reach? cry

1 Like

Re: Igbo, Nigerian Traders Attacked In Togo (Photos, Video) by Naajjii: 1:11pm On Jun 21, 2019
Kwiskxyz:
But why are Nigerians hated everywhere they go, is this a sign from God to stop running away from our nigerian problems and instead stay and fight the oppressors
It's not Nigerians it's Nyamiris. The same way the act in Nigeria that's the same way they act else where. Why is it that in Nigeria most ethnic groups are wary of Igbos?

3 Likes

Re: Igbo, Nigerian Traders Attacked In Togo (Photos, Video) by Jelzin2412(m): 1:15pm On Jun 21, 2019
tunjiajayi:
From the narration " particularly Igbo"
Why una now?

Yamrees wake up!
You are a bastard!!! Must it be all about ethnic bashing for you guys? What happens to ur conscience?
Spits!!!
Re: Igbo, Nigerian Traders Attacked In Togo (Photos, Video) by AFONJACOW(m): 1:33pm On Jun 21, 2019
Going to any of these Africa countries for greener pastures is suicidal,
Re: Igbo, Nigerian Traders Attacked In Togo (Photos, Video) by JuanDeDios: 1:34pm On Jun 21, 2019
tstx:

Deep

Meanwhile those of you mocking the igbos (which even in this case i see no reason why y'all should)... I pity all of you guys honestly..
The mockers are the usual Nairaland low lives. But the writer - why say "Igbo" instead of simply "Nigerians" since the event took place outside the country? I doubt the thugs were actually differentiating between Igbo and other Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Igbo, Nigerian Traders Attacked In Togo (Photos, Video) by slowice(m): 1:39pm On Jun 21, 2019
Is the op trying to mischievous? Why referring to them as igbo men and not Nigerians. Does coming from a particular ethnic group make them less Nigerians or is it supposed to make other Nigerians feel better.. Nonsense
Re: Igbo, Nigerian Traders Attacked In Togo (Photos, Video) by Gabson001(m): 1:44pm On Jun 21, 2019
Everybody dey use naija shine grin
Re: Igbo, Nigerian Traders Attacked In Togo (Photos, Video) by Chukwurah003: 1:45pm On Jun 21, 2019
Sleevia:
After voting Buhari abi? una never see anything. Nigeria is gone...

I have news for all of you wishing evil on Nigeria. God will disappoint you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo, Nigerian Traders Attacked In Togo (Photos, Video) by Studyinchina200(m): 1:54pm On Jun 21, 2019
Even Nigerians hate each other.
Kwiskxyz:
But why are Nigerians hated everywhere they go, is this a sign from God to stop running away from our nigerian problems and instead stay and fight the oppressors
Re: Igbo, Nigerian Traders Attacked In Togo (Photos, Video) by Mudassir2016(m): 2:03pm On Jun 21, 2019
[quote author=Peacemaker5129 post=79539001] my question is why always Igbo people. they have been killed all over the world
india jailing them
dubai jailing them

[Exactly]
Re: Igbo, Nigerian Traders Attacked In Togo (Photos, Video) by Menance: 2:14pm On Jun 21, 2019
This poster is a biased individual
Re: Igbo, Nigerian Traders Attacked In Togo (Photos, Video) by Jessekd01: 2:20pm On Jun 21, 2019
tstx:

Nigerians are cowards..Atleast the crop of youths you hv now... Nothing will happen. I repeat, nothing will happen.

And the Saddest part is Even your government won't do anything

South Africa started this .. But our government refused to do anything about it because those affected were mainly the Igbos.

Now other African countries hv started theirs.. Even Togo.. God. Togo.
Soon Equatorial Guinea will begin theirs...

YOur leaders are the worst.. Value for Nigerian lives, ZERO.

If those responsible are not brought to book, it is enough reason to do your worst

Honestly something must be done.

this one na confirmed Togolese the talk for here idiot

1 Like

Re: Igbo, Nigerian Traders Attacked In Togo (Photos, Video) by Jessekd01: 2:23pm On Jun 21, 2019
stanley000:
Rr

Any weapon form against naija shall never prosper. baaaam

1 Like

Re: Igbo, Nigerian Traders Attacked In Togo (Photos, Video) by Jessekd01: 2:25pm On Jun 21, 2019
stanley000:
Rr

And be careful when naija will put a particular country on their blacklist.
Re: Igbo, Nigerian Traders Attacked In Togo (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jun 21, 2019
It's time to declare war
Re: Igbo, Nigerian Traders Attacked In Togo (Photos, Video) by B2mario(m): 2:29pm On Jun 21, 2019
May God help us all
Re: Igbo, Nigerian Traders Attacked In Togo (Photos, Video) by degamemaster(m): 2:30pm On Jun 21, 2019
Freshbaba95:
Africa indeed a failed continent.
Both of them were lovers.
If the guy had done something wrong, arrest him and press charges.
Why injure others?
I don't want to know the tribe, but I am particularly disturbed on why they had to resort to this injustice.

The only sensible and believable comment I have read so far concerning this post.
The stupid ashawo could not let her "ATM machine" get back his life afyer she have sucked his pocket dry, she decided to take his life or that of his kinsmen.
Well, I don't blame them, I blame the Nigerian government that have refused to let every Nigerian have equal rights and opportunities that's why Igbos are fleeing to other countries in search of greener pastures.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo, Nigerian Traders Attacked In Togo (Photos, Video) by Elvis778(m): 2:31pm On Jun 21, 2019
Actually, this story is fake
Re: Igbo, Nigerian Traders Attacked In Togo (Photos, Video) by olumalcolm(m): 2:31pm On Jun 21, 2019
If a man or a group of people have done wrong, does it mean they have to kill every other Nigerian on sight? This is unacceptable from a tiny nation like Togo and funny tin is if we decide to deal with their citizens here, we will be on the losing end cos we hv more of our brothers there. Its such a painful scenario. angry

1 Like

Re: Igbo, Nigerian Traders Attacked In Togo (Photos, Video) by Elvis778(m): 2:32pm On Jun 21, 2019
soggy28:
india jailing them
dubai jailing them

The problem is that an average Igbo man wants to dominate his immediate environment. He sees others as low life who shudnt amount to anything except himself.Therefore he wants to play on their intelligence and scam them if possible.
They are doing this across Nigeria and getting away wt it BT can't try such elsewhere. I hope they change.

Lol,
u talk as if it's Igbos that are in trouble,
man, we all are in trouble,
S.A. Didn't just kill Igbos, they killed all Nigerians at sight, the only thing is, more igbos were killed (cuz generally, we have more igbos there)
same thing with Indonesia, same thing with India and same thing all over the world.
Stop being tribalistic man, face the main issue, which is, "We are all in trouble, cuz of our leaders".

1 Like

Re: Igbo, Nigerian Traders Attacked In Togo (Photos, Video) by Elvis778(m): 2:33pm On Jun 21, 2019
Naajjii:

It's not Nigerians it's Nyamiris. The same way the act in Nigeria that's the same way they acted else where. Why is it that in Nigeria most ethnic groups are wary of Igbos?
ok,
i will answer your question.
the answer is simple,
Jealousy.
Am not saying this because am an igbo,
IGBOS seem to be the most successful tribe in Nigeria(in terms of business) they are also most travelled....
A yoruba friend personally told me the beef between us and other tribe ain't cuz of our attitude, it's simply cuz of jealousy and we all know that.
Besides, this story is FAKE, you know that, we all do,
but all of u wud agree, cuz u are JEALOUS.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo, Nigerian Traders Attacked In Togo (Photos, Video) by Jaqenhghar: 2:53pm On Jun 21, 2019
donbachi:
A man in another man's country is like a stepson..if him no wash hand,dem go sey him be dirty child..if him try wash d hand,dem go sey him dey waste water..use ur tongue and count ur teeth.
Bullshit. A Niggerian is like a stepson in his own country and because he has learnt to accept suffering and mediocrisy, he is doomed to suffer. Una never see anything

1 Like

Re: Igbo, Nigerian Traders Attacked In Togo (Photos, Video) by Jaqenhghar: 2:55pm On Jun 21, 2019
Jessekd01:

And be careful when naija will put a particular country on their blacklist.
Hahahhaa. Let them go ahead nah. What difference will it make. You guys really are deluded grin
Re: Igbo, Nigerian Traders Attacked In Togo (Photos, Video) by Gudiza(m): 2:57pm On Jun 21, 2019
jrusky:
I think its time for revenge. Nigerian must teach these bastards a lesson. We can't keep be a nice guy these people has pushed us to the limit if we fail to act atleast to teach them a tiny lesson this will spread across all Africa soil.
South Africa started it.
Ghana followed
Now it's Togo and these animals forget there are thousands of their citizen in Nigeria. This provocation must be repel and now is the time.
Same way Senegalese hate seen anything Nigeria and these bastards are everywhere in the north. Enough is enough.

Question is how many people will you revenge against? When will you look inwards at thorough self-assessment? Are you the only foreigners in all those mentioned cities? What about Malaysia, Indonesia etc. The times of saying 'we' are more prosperous that's why we are hated, or their women love us more,etc. is only smearing your conscience and will not help matters cos the truth is 'Nigerians' behave very badly outside.... even inside, 'Nigerians' behave badly as well.

In past years, comments on Nigerians on african social sites were mostly in negative light. In SouthAfrica there were lots of denials. But in truth, they were using vulnerable south african ladies to make anchor babies, prostituting, drug couriers etc... No matter how you spin it, NO country likes immigrants taking advantage of vulnerable teenagers. To make it worse, their response was that their women like us because we spend more on them (with drug money you FUCKING LOW BALL!)... DUDE, forget about the few that were conducting legitimate businesses. Majority are not just it.

We have to condemn these acts of violence as well as censure our brothers to proper conduct. One without the other is to be hyprocritical and that's why the generality of nigerians drag their feet in showing support.
Nobody will put his NAME out there only to be dragged into your mess again and again simply because you just can't conduct business void of criminality. Must you always leave a bitter taste in our mouths??

Majority of Africans dislike Nigerians is a fact. I used to think it's because we're just too awesome (like 'they' make us believe) until I learnt better. Lately, I have observed certain bad attitudes we entertain on daily basis thinking its our dominant nature that makes us 'super' but, loathsome to the outside world e.g being loud, self-assertive, overbearing, overzealous, opinionated, interfering, intrusive.
Some of us have actually made being unruly a thing of pride like a carnival! Worse is they export this unruly behaviour and brand it 'The Nigerian Identity'.

Have you seen those Nigerians in malaysia videos, or indonesia, or italy, or SouthAfrica? What do you see?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo, Nigerian Traders Attacked In Togo (Photos, Video) by NaMeAboki: 3:01pm On Jun 21, 2019
Nemesis is slowly catching up with them., .
They think that they can go anywhere and still behave like they do in Nigeria, where they can insult anyone including their president at will.
Look at them after rubbishing their country and calling it a zoo, they are now being hounded and treated worse than caged animals in a zoo - reaping the hatred they sowed.
Karma is a b1tch.
Re: Igbo, Nigerian Traders Attacked In Togo (Photos, Video) by legba1(m): 3:08pm On Jun 21, 2019
Kwiskxyz:

because nigerians trive in other climes....by crook or otherwise

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

US-Based Nigerian Doctor Caught With A Gun & Disgraced (Video) / How UNIOSUN Student Adebisi Rofiat Was Killed / Woman Slices Her Friend's Face With Razor For Dating Her Ex-Boyfriend (Graphic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.