Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,865 members, 7,841,246 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 04:04 AM

Igbo, Nigerian Traders Attacked In Togo (Photos, Video) - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Igbo, Nigerian Traders Attacked In Togo (Photos, Video) (50679 Views)

Xenophobia: Nigerians Attacked In South Africa Again (Photos) / Nigerians Attacked In Lomé Togo. Many Wounded And Some Escaped Being Lynched. Pi / Nigerian Man 'Runs Mad' In Togo Beach, Confesses To Money Rituals. Photos/Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo, Nigerian Traders Attacked In Togo (Photos, Video) by googi: 3:09pm On Jun 21, 2019
Are you the most successful Nigerians as a group or your region is? Educate us and tell us when.

Every time, Yoruba call their own to order - Yoruba Ronu. They also live with you in a country where one finger dipped in the oil infects others.

Which Igbo calls Igbo to order without being dealt with?

Instead of you to face your rampaging problem inside and outside Nigeria like Yoruba do, you are using Jealousy as defensive mechanism.

Inside Nigeria you are Biafrans, outside you are Nigerians. When you realize the shame and blemishes you put on innocent Igbo, this cultue of arrogance becoming common among all Nigerians will reduce.

Elvis778:

ok,
i will answer your question.
the answer is simple,
Jealousy.
Am not saying this because am an igbo,
IGBOS seem to be the most successful tribe in Nigeria(in terms of business) they are also most travelled....
A yoruba friend personally told me the beef between us and other tribe ain't cuz of our attitude, it's simply cuz of jealousy and we all know that.
Besides, this story is FAKE, you know that, we all do,
but all of u wud agree, cuz u are JEALOUS.
Re: Igbo, Nigerian Traders Attacked In Togo (Photos, Video) by davillian(m): 3:12pm On Jun 21, 2019
missKiffy:
Why do i find it hard to believe this story, especially the pictures attached to it
Not only you.
Looks like thieves.
Re: Igbo, Nigerian Traders Attacked In Togo (Photos, Video) by blackboy(m): 3:15pm On Jun 21, 2019
JudgeOGBUNABALI:
Let the survivors return home.

Where is home? From fire to frying pan ? Who told you such cannot happen to them in the so called "home" you want them to return to.

What they need is justice. Be I in Kano or Borno or Lome or Accra I expect my rights be protected and I can get justice.

1 Like

Re: Igbo, Nigerian Traders Attacked In Togo (Photos, Video) by hogwarth: 3:20pm On Jun 21, 2019
Envy and jealousy at its peak
Re: Igbo, Nigerian Traders Attacked In Togo (Photos, Video) by Elvis778(m): 3:26pm On Jun 21, 2019
googi:
Are you the most successful Nigerians as a group or your region is? Educate us and tell us when.

Every time, Yoruba call their own to order - Yoruba Ronu. They also live with you in a country where one finger dipped in the oil infects others.

Instead of you to face your rampaging problem inside and outside Nigeria like Yoruba do, you are using Jealousy as defensive mechanism.

Inside Nigeria you are Biafrans, outside you are Nigerians. When you realize the shame and blemishes you put on innocent Igbo, this cultue of arrogance becoming common among all Nigerians will reduce.

like i correctly spelt in my previous comment,
i said "MOST SUCCESSFUL IN TERMS OF BUSINESS"
please if you know any other tribe that beat us in that, tell me.

Meanwhile. The OP was being ridiculous, cuz this story is FAKE.
You've also failed to understand that the problem we are facing in diaspora is not affecting only the igbos, but all Nigerians.
The xenophobia in SA claimed the lives of many Nigerians, both Igbos, Yorubas etc were killed.
Same thing in Ghana,
the attack on Nigerian traders both in Kumasi (2018) and suame (recently) was against all Nigerians and not only Igbos, why do you choose to put the blame on us?
Why do you choose to bring "Ethnicity" into every matter??
Why?
If not JEALOUSY.
This stuff happening is against all Nigerians and affects our image as a whole, and not only igbos cuz those guys you see don't know the difference between us at all.
So Please bro,
learn to reason like a rational being,
learn to control your emotions cuz u own it,
it's cowardice to let what you own control you.
Re: Igbo, Nigerian Traders Attacked In Togo (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jun 21, 2019
First of all, anybody that would gloat because of what happened to these people simply because they are Igbos is very simple-minded and a nit-wit. It could easily have happened to anyone. Who amongst you residing outside the shores of Nigeria could say in all sincerity that you have never had a quarrel with your female companion who is from the country you're residing in? Would it be okay then because of your quarrel with her to engage the services of thugs and hoodlums to beat you or your fellow countrymen residing in their country to a stupor? I am sure it would not be okay if Togolese men living in Nigeria are rounded up and beaten and humiliated like thieves just for the mere fact that their countryman had an argument or got in a fight with his Nigerian girlfriend or wife. Unprovoked violence against any ethnic group or anyone is wrong and immoral and must be condemned. What is good for the goose is good for the gander!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo, Nigerian Traders Attacked In Togo (Photos, Video) by Timmypromise(m): 3:39pm On Jun 21, 2019
Elvis778:

ok,
the answer is simple,
Jealousy.
IGBOS seem to be the most successful tribe in Nigeria(in terms of business) they are also most travelled....
A yoruba friend personally told me the beef between us and other tribe ain't cuz of our attitude, it's simply cuz of jealousy and we all know that.

An average Igbo Man believe everyone is jealous of him
Go to ibadan and see the way people are doing business
And again I was expecting an Igbo man to buy forte oil but no a Yoruba bough it
Igbo land stinks epidemic everywhere your money can't clear that you are looking for who to oppress

1 Like

Re: Igbo, Nigerian Traders Attacked In Togo (Photos, Video) by Naajjii: 3:49pm On Jun 21, 2019
Elvis778:

ok,
the answer is simple,
Jealousy.
You are under an illusion, you think because your major concern is competing for wealth in your nyamiri culture you think that's how other cultures are? Who is envy or jealous of people getting most of their money through illegal means, drug , yahoo yahoo, killing, baby factory, idol worshipping ,cheating etc. Your attitude is the reason why people run away from you. If APC and PDP present candidates from your zone , believe me majority of Nigerians won't vote both parties.That is the extent of how you are seen in a negative way.

1 Like

Re: Igbo, Nigerian Traders Attacked In Togo (Photos, Video) by richie240: 3:58pm On Jun 21, 2019
googi:

Day and night they lampoon Nigeria, cursing/calling her all sorts of name from "zoo" to "shithole"..... I stand corrected, but I've never seen them proclaim 'eldorado' (Biafra) once caught for their criminal activities abroad; that's when they suddenly remember they are 'Nigerians'

1 Like

Re: Igbo, Nigerian Traders Attacked In Togo (Photos, Video) by googi: 4:04pm On Jun 21, 2019
So buying and selling on the streets is what you call biz. It is called retail or petty biz without paying taxes.

Bro, yes I feel ashamed when foreigners catch any Nigerian, even more so when foreigners that have never been to Nigeria pin point where these criminals come from in Nigeria.

No amount of money can erase the blemishes all criminal activities bring on Igbo, Yoruba or Fulani. It creates nothing but poverty and more poor people.

Igbo has gone beyond all groups in greed seeking riches that are not productive. Your chest beating over criminality is astounding with approval from your region.

Even worse, you have nothing to show for it but blemishes.

Elvis778:

like i correctly spelt in my previous comment,
i said "MOST SUCCESSFUL IN TERMS OF BUSINESS"
please if you know any other tribe that beat us in that, tell me.

Meanwhile. The OP was being ridiculous, cuz this story is FAKE.
You've also failed to understand that the problem we are facing in diaspora is not affecting only the igbos, but all Nigerians.
The xenophobia in SA claimed the lives of many Nigerians, both Igbos, Yorubas etc were killed.
Same thing in Ghana,
the attack on Nigerian traders both in Kumasi (2018) and suame (recently) was against all Nigerians and not only Igbos, why do you choose to put the blame on us?
Why do you choose to bring "Ethnicity" into every matter??
Why?
If not JEALOUSY.
This stuff happening is against all Nigerians and affects our image as a whole, and not only igbos cuz those guys you see don't know the difference between us at all.
So Please bro,
learn to reason like a rational being,
learn to control your emotions cuz u own it,
it's cowardice to let what you own control you.
Re: Igbo, Nigerian Traders Attacked In Togo (Photos, Video) by dynigoche: 4:13pm On Jun 21, 2019
Before now, African countries look at Nigerians as GIANT of AFRICA
but after a president accepted that Nigerians are fantastically corrupt....
We became ANTs of Africa in the eyes of other Africans and Europeans
NOW WE ARE BEING ATTACKED LIKE DOGS, by our own African brothers.
Its so sad ..... Brothers and sisters take heart
Re: Igbo, Nigerian Traders Attacked In Togo (Photos, Video) by Litmus: 4:23pm On Jun 21, 2019
Tomorrow is a new country with new opportunities including renewal. Nigerians in Togo, Ghana and South Africa should learn from these events that one of the places the primitive natives derive effrontery to commit crimes against humanity and justify them without shame is due to Nigerians praising their Nations and condemning Nigeria. Nigerians that live in these places or visit should resist the urge to lavish praises on them at the expense of Nigeria in order to score political points. Nigerians of Igbo ethnicity and Nigerian supporters of a different political party from the ruling one should take from this the following lessons: Elevating these foreign African Nations, as a strategy for highlighting the monstrous injustices you feel Nigeria perpetrates upon you, is inadvertently creating even bigger monsters for all Nigerians and their families. Stop praising African nations above Nigeria for you are inadvertently creating traps for yourselves when you get in trouble there. You Nigerians that do this should adopt different ways of discrediting Nigerian government. Nigeria has a long way to go but evidently, these other African Nations have even longer roads to travel if many of them have not even arrived at the basic level of recognising that you never justify xenophobic acts.

You praise their electricity today, calling them civilised and calling your own Nation uncivilised when tomorrow they murder your wife and you cry for justice, they will defend themselves by saying they are civilised people that even you accepts. Your wife was killed because she was exhibiting unacceptable and uncivilised behaviour.

Ghana and Togo are shitholes, speak the truth. make it known widely that theses places are shitholes, when next they persecute you the world will be more amenable to seeing you as the true victims you are.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo, Nigerian Traders Attacked In Togo (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jun 21, 2019
franchasng:
My little advice to Igbo guys living outside Igbo domain, please stop dating ladies from the locals where you reside....hold yourself...ignore them....wherever Igbo guys live, due to their financial and business breakthroughs, guys from the locality where they live usually envy them thinking they are the cause of their own poverty and unprosperity in life, so if they see you dating their women, they feel infuriated and always accuse you of making their women not to date or marry them.

Best thing to do is ignore their women as much as you can....hold your dick...this has always been the problem most Igbo guys have outside Igbo land; dating non Igbo ladies from the tribes and nations they live which make the guys of that region to hate them with passion for no justifiable reason, Igbo guys it's time to wise up, ignore all these local girls from African nations where you reside please and please!! Igbos have super pretty, hot, classy ladies you can import from Igbo land if you can't find an Igbo lady you click with wherever you live, ignore non-igbo ladies wherever you live except in complete white nations of Europe, America, Canada, Australia, etc

White nations? Bad advice, they are also complaining, not about Igbos but Africans at large.

You need to see how hateful they are. They want to keep the Aryan race pure.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo, Nigerian Traders Attacked In Togo (Photos, Video) by Litmus: 4:35pm On Jun 21, 2019
Prof. Augustine Uzoma Nwagbara was right, find and adopt different strategies. Praising Ghana, Togo and the other Africa shit-holes as an indirect means of critiquing Nigeria, only empowers those African shitholes and entraps you at crucial moments like these.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo, Nigerian Traders Attacked In Togo (Photos, Video) by asto70: 4:37pm On Jun 21, 2019
Destroyerofyeeb:
Ehh, God epp us oo. Even togo wey be say na housemaid be their career and profession for Nigeria sef get mind to attack Nigerians? Ahh naija has fallen.
Just imagine.
Re: Igbo, Nigerian Traders Attacked In Togo (Photos, Video) by Parrot69: 4:54pm On Jun 21, 2019
abuuzy:
Let's clear some little issue,s about the Igbo man*
*They are great entrepreneurs
*well in socializing
*jovial and entertaining set of tribal
*productive

But the average Igbo man is loud and dominate
*you can be successful in another man's land and live a quite life.
*The Igbo man has a pride nature not just in action but in words
*He parade himself around the flaws of his host,bylittling his capability.
*Igbo don't respect boundaries and norms of his host.
*He doesn't know the guides of a visitor in a foreign land.
*An average Igbo man believes he can dominate anyplace even in his host house.

*They've had issues with the Hausa in the north.
*They call Lagos no mans land they develop it themselves.
*Benin republic
*Togo
*south Africa
*Ghana
And major cities where Nigerians have had huge crises relating to businesses
NOTE:not applicable to all igbos

Very true bro, I can attest to this.
Re: Igbo, Nigerian Traders Attacked In Togo (Photos, Video) by tunjiajayi: 5:08pm On Jun 21, 2019
Jelzin2412:

You are a bastard!!! Must it be all about ethnic bashing for you guys? What happens to ur conscience?
Spits!!!

You and your kind i.e yamrees are the true bast..ds!
Why are you always the usual suspects and victims?
Why I ask again?

Yamree.
Re: Igbo, Nigerian Traders Attacked In Togo (Photos, Video) by Bigmas2525(m): 5:21pm On Jun 21, 2019
Can u imagine, dis Igbo will one day bring Nigeria to a Fight with the world, derby killing d nation. I tire for Biafra Pple. Cant u leave in a place without bringing ur shame to Nigeria. Tofiakwa.
Re: Igbo, Nigerian Traders Attacked In Togo (Photos, Video) by cooltola(m): 5:22pm On Jun 21, 2019
Re: Igbo, Nigerian Traders Attacked In Togo (Photos, Video) by Brightest04(m): 5:24pm On Jun 21, 2019
When you can't respect and hold the name of your family in high honour what do you expect from outsiders.They abuse Nigeria sovereignty and spit at her flag thinking they're doing themselves good,but not knowing that they're showing the world how stupid they're.No matter how long you lived in a foreign land you will always be a foreigner.
Re: Igbo, Nigerian Traders Attacked In Togo (Photos, Video) by Jamorezzi: 5:52pm On Jun 21, 2019
This is not a matter of igbo or house or yoruba . This is totally wrong. Togo wey be sey them full my area , some dey wash car for me self and some na house help for area , see the way them dey treat my fellow brodas. Well we really need to find something do about this matter , because togo small gan to us , now them dey beat us up and down . Which way 9ja
Re: Igbo, Nigerian Traders Attacked In Togo (Photos, Video) by Dickson80: 6:02pm On Jun 21, 2019
Metrixnews:
Togolese have reportedly harassed Nigerian citizens, particularly Igbo men who do business in their country over a minor disagreement involving a middle aged Igbo man and a Togolese lady, ABN TV reports.

Trouble started when both whom we gathered were lovers could not reconcile their disagreement on Monday June 17.

This later led to a physical combat between the duo, causing bodily harm on both parties.

The Togolese lady was said to have mobilised some suspected thugs in the area to beat up the boyfriend who was lucky to hear about the plan and fled.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRZ4QC0tcq4

Frustrated by their inability to see their target, the thugs allegedly resorted to destroying houses belonging to Igbo men, searching for them to retaliate the injury inflicted on their citizen.

It was gathered that the thugs invaded houses where Igbo men lived an beat them up, tied them with ropes till the police later came.

SOURCE: https://www.abnews247.com/2019/06/how-togolese-nationals-allegedly-harass-igbo-traders-threatened-to-kill-them-graphic-photosvideo/
The way and manner Nigerians re been molested is alarming, what is the federal government doing over such humiliation. Even countries that can't not in anyway challenge two or thee Nigerian state re even part of the game.I don't blame them rather the government that has no plans for her citizens,despite the enormous resource we re blessed with. Greed never allowed them to look at the plight of the citizens, I know one day revolution will end it all.
Re: Igbo, Nigerian Traders Attacked In Togo (Photos, Video) by mrZENographer: 6:42pm On Jun 21, 2019
Why are these humans becoming barbaric?
Are there not ghanians allover Nigeria?

Re: Igbo, Nigerian Traders Attacked In Togo (Photos, Video) by Elvis778(m): 7:46pm On Jun 21, 2019
googi:
So buying and selling on the streets is what you call biz. It is called retail or petty biz without paying taxes.

Bro, yes I feel ashamed when foreigners catch any Nigerian, even more so when foreigners that have never been to Nigeria pin point where these criminals come from in Nigeria.

No amount of money can erase the blemishes all criminal activities bring on Igbo, Yoruba or Fulani. It creates nothing but poverty and more poor people.

Igbo has gone beyond all groups in greed seeking riches that are not productive. Your chest beating over criminality is astounding with approval from your region.

Even worse, you have nothing to show for it but blemishes.

Lol, seriously, your points makes no sense, i guess your emotions are taking the better part of you.
But I'll still reply you though (late time)
I guess you will want to believe the lies you wrote up there just to prove a point that's got no bases.
Yes, igbos retail.
We also produce,
and we still do wholesales, importing and exporting stuffs, when you meet igbo business men in the hood, all they talk is money and got no time to look his neighbour,
all that is in his mind is either the container about to land, or the one he's exporting.
we are in all departments and we all are doing well in those areas,
you won't deny that will u?
I don't want to argue about stuffs like this you know,
but we all know Igbos contribute alot to our country's economy
Re: Igbo, Nigerian Traders Attacked In Togo (Photos, Video) by Elvis778(m): 8:04pm On Jun 21, 2019
Naajjii:

You are under an illusion, you think because your major concern is competing for wealth in your nyamiri culture you think that's how other cultures are? Who is envy or jealous of people getting most of their money through illegal means, drug , yahoo yahoo, killing, baby factory, idol worshipping ,cheating etc. Your attitude is the reason why people run away from you. If APC and PDP present candidates from your zone , believe me majority of Nigerians won't vote both parties.That is the extent of how you are seen in a negative way.
sorry bro but emm,
last time i checked,
yorubas are the ones known for rituals, yahoo yahoo(originated from your region) and cheating/betraying

not as if we don't have bad folks amongst us (everyone does)
but most of us are into legit business, and we are always successful,
why the hate? If not that you're jealous.
While you guys are interested in partying and spending the little you have,
the igbo man is busy investing it for future purpose,
settle him with 100k, monitor him for 5 year and see him becoming a millonieare.
That's how we are programmed to be.
Re: Igbo, Nigerian Traders Attacked In Togo (Photos, Video) by Freshbaba95(m): 8:07pm On Jun 21, 2019
degamemaster:

The only sensible and believable comment I have read so far concerning this post.
The stupid ashawo could not let her "ATM machine" get back his life afyer she have sucked his pocket dry, she decided to take his life or that of his kinsmen.
Well, I don't blame them, I blame the Nigerian government that have refused to let every Nigerian have equal rights and opportunities that's why Igbos are fleeing to other countries in search of greener pastures.

Igbos are known for being business minded, if not for love and confidence and also spirit of freedom. They won't leave their country or their state to go and do business in other states.

4 years ago, I went to a village in ondo state, I was so surprised to see an igbo man there, leaving and doing farm work.
Re: Igbo, Nigerian Traders Attacked In Togo (Photos, Video) by Elvis778(m): 8:15pm On Jun 21, 2019
Timmypromise:

An average Igbo Man believe everyone is jealous of him
Go to ibadan and see the way people are doing business
And again I was expecting an Igbo man to buy forte oil but no a Yoruba bough it
Igbo land stinks epidemic everywhere your money can't clear that you are looking for who to oppress

lol, i got nothing to say to you,
you are pointless,
yours is so glaring,
you are the ones that feel suppressed, no one is suppressing you........... Or perhaps, your conscience is the one suppressing you, telling you to stand up to your feet and hustle, don't sit back at home, envying your fellow human, and expecting manner to fall from heaven.
This is not old testament bro, this is 21st century, no food for the lazy man.
Re: Igbo, Nigerian Traders Attacked In Togo (Photos, Video) by Jaymaq(m): 9:24pm On Jun 21, 2019
Africans really need education. I don't means schooling, I mean real education, transformative education. What a pity.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

US-Based Nigerian Doctor Caught With A Gun & Disgraced (Video) / Guy Beaten For Stealing A Phone In Warri (graphic Photos) / How UNIOSUN Student Adebisi Rofiat Was Killed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.