Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,219 members, 7,818,755 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:32 AM

Should I Go Back To School Or Forget About It And Face My Hustle - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Go Back To School Or Forget About It And Face My Hustle (1836 Views)

To Send Her Away Or Forget The Past As If It Never Happened. I'm In A Dilemma / I Need Advice On How To Face My Mum As A Secret Yahoo Boy / I Don't Know How To Face My Friend When I Resume School. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Go Back To School Or Forget About It And Face My Hustle by Troubledmind: 8:50pm On Jun 21, 2019
I am going to keep this as short as possible, I was very brilliant at school that I did very well academically, I was so enthusiastic about schooling that I hoped I'd reach PhD level, but life happened and I started loosing interest in school, my dad contributed to that sudden loss of interest, he made sure he scrutinized everything I did in school, when I ask for money he'll send a lecturer to investigate, when I ask to buy anything he'll scrutinize and insult me before handing me the money, he always made sure I live in the lowliest of houses with roommate, pocket money is hardly upto 10k, I got fed up, so I dropped out.

I'm good with graphics and other computer stuff so I capitalized on that and started hustling, doing freelancing, mini importation and other miscellaneous hustle, my interest died permanently and I didn't speak with my dad for a year,

I'm currently 25yrs old, I managed to raise a little money during my three years stay at home and I was thinking of adding another stream of income by investing it in another plan I had, then I saw my classmates posting on Facebook with their NYSC uniforms, I felt something for the first time in a long while, I told my mum and she told me there's a reason for everything, now I'm starting to think I should use the money I saved and go back to school, to train myself, I know I'll suffer and starve but I'll be able to see myself through school, but I'm having second thoughts considering the fact that I don't want to finish school, hide my cert and start hustling all over again.

Lalasticlala I need advice please.
Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Forget About It And Face My Hustle by Chidonc(m): 9:03pm On Jun 21, 2019
brother going to school does not necessarily means you must make use of the cert, go back to school if possible and get the result added to your stream of income, you never know which door may open.
Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Forget About It And Face My Hustle by CosmicPhoenix: 9:04pm On Jun 21, 2019

1 Like

Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Forget About It And Face My Hustle by CosmicPhoenix: 9:05pm On Jun 21, 2019
Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Forget About It And Face My Hustle by Ayodun1: 9:05pm On Jun 21, 2019
Hmm... So I'm not alone on this.
Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Forget About It And Face My Hustle by Kendumazy(m): 9:14pm On Jun 21, 2019
Use your brain. There is no happiness as that of financial freedom in a man's life. If you want to consider school. Enroll for a part time and continue your businesses. Not all that glitters is gold, forget about your colleagues posting with their nysc certificate. You can always go to school and get that certificate while you keep hustling which means you have catapulted yourself to a financial freedom level which some might not be able to reach for a long time as some might be using the certificate for a peanut job. Wish you all the very best.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Forget About It And Face My Hustle by SageMK: 9:15pm On Jun 21, 2019
You don't need a college degree to be successful.

There's a big chance that after completing school, even with a good result, you'd go back straight into business venture (private). Why not be your own boss now?

1 Like

Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Forget About It And Face My Hustle by Miscellaneous(m): 9:31pm On Jun 21, 2019
Troubledmind:
I am going to keep this as short as possible, I was very brilliant at school that I did very well academically, I was so enthusiastic about schooling that I hoped I'd reach PhD level, but life happened and I started loosing interest in school, my dad contributed to that sudden loss of interest, he made sure he scrutinized everything I did in school, when I ask for money he'll send a lecturer to investigate, when I ask to buy anything he'll scrutinize and insult me before handing me the money, he always made sure I live in the lowliest of houses with roommate, pocket money is hardly upto 10k, I got fed up, so I dropped out.

I'm good with graphics and other computer stuff so I capitalized on that and started hustling, doing freelancing, mini importation and other miscellaneous hustle, my interest died permanently and I didn't speak with my dad for a year,

I'm currently 25yrs old, I managed to raise a little money during my three years stay at home and I was thinking of adding another stream of income by investing it in another plan I had, then I saw my classmates posting on Facebook with their NYSC uniforms, I felt something for the first time in a long while, I told my mum and she told me there's a reason for everything, now I'm starting to think I should use the money I saved and go back to school, to train myself, I know I'll suffer and starve but I'll be able to see myself through school, but I'm having second thoughts considering the fact that I don't want to finish school, hide my cert and start hustling all over again.

Well, Nigeria currently have no shortage of your kind. Young promising adults who are money-hungry and are caught in between roads - money or school. Considering the state of the country, several people will tell you to focus on your hustle and leave school alone at least for now and that is a wrong idea and I'll tell you why.

At age 25, most of your mates would have completed their nysc programme, probably started hustle like you're doing and earn equal or more than you. Even if they're unlucky, having a Bsc simply means they're not in your league if I'll be honest. If for anything, any serious minded acquaintance will find it easier to assist an educated mind. Simply put, the uneducated mind will have to be an entrepreneur, yahoo boy or a politician in order to make any significant sum in our present Nigeria. Needless to say, the job such person has to do is still well open to an educated mind. It stands to reason that the uneducated is already disadvantaged. It's not uncommon to see many people tell you to forget school after all, the wealthiest of men in our society are dropouts or didn't go to school. Though their words are seemingly innocuous, it's actually a free ticket to suffering. While they already have their certificate, they give you ill advice. The certificate is useless but theirs is safe in a locker and to further strengthen their point, they refer you to bill gates and other billionaires living in Nigeria, sorry USA. If for anything, you can actually hustle while in school and even secure a first class. It's doable and I'll be sincere with you, you can.Those who claim they haven't benefitted from schooling are the biggest losers. If you have ever had an interaction with an uneducated mind, you will understand the importance of schooling. Personally, I find it hard to relate with anyone who didn't attend higher institution. If you don't go to school, don't stress your kids about school... it's plain stupidity.

I'm actually one of those who believe school is the ultimate in life so my ideas might be a bit skewed but they're what you need. I have seen people first hand begging to get certificate even when they're loaded with cash. I'll be honest with you I do lecture some in Engineering and believe me, they wish they had done it earlier. Its not easy with kids, family, business and all. The time of securing a Bsc is almost wearing off for you ... take heed.

4 Likes

Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Forget About It And Face My Hustle by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jun 21, 2019
just becaus they wore NYSC uniform does not mean they will all have jobs..the most cause of depression is social media..you might think because they post NYSC pic means they are living the life..after NYSC comes the real life where many of them will be depressed for lack of job

but anyway..stop comparing your lives with them..if you wanna go back to school you can, it is up to you.
Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Forget About It And Face My Hustle by Nasri100(m): 10:13pm On Jun 21, 2019
Miscellaneous:
Well, Nigeria currently have no shortage of your kind. Young promising adults who are money-hungry and are caught in between roads - money or school. Considering the state of the country, several people will tell you to focus on your hustle and leave school alone at least for now and that is a wrong idea and I'll tell you why.

At age 25, most of your mates would have completed their nysc programme, probably started hustle like you're doing and earn equal or more than you. Even if they're unlucky, having a Bsc simply means they're not in your league if I'll be honest. If for anything, any serious minded acquaintance will find it easier to assist an educated mind. Simply put, the uneducated mind will have to be an entrepreneur, yahoo boy or a politician in order to make any significant sum in our present Nigeria. Needless to say, the job such person has to do is still well open to an educated mind. It stands to reason that the uneducated is already disadvantaged. It's not uncommon to see many people tell you to forget school after all, the wealthiest of men in our society are dropouts or didn't go to school. Though their words are seemingly innocuous, it's actually a free ticket to suffering. While they already have their certificate, they give you ill advice. The certificate is useless but theirs is safe in a locker and to further strengthen their point, they refer you to bill gates and other billionaires living in Nigeria, sorry USA. If for anything, you can actually hustle while in school and even secure a first class. It's doable and I'll be sincere with you, you can.Those who claim they haven't benefitted from schooling are the biggest losers. If you have ever had an interaction with an uneducated mind, you will understand the importance of schooling. Personally, I find it hard to relate with anyone who didn't attend higher institution. If you don't go to school, don't stress your kids about school... it's plain stupidity.

I'm actually one of those who believe school is the ultimate in life so my ideas might be a bit skewed but they're what you need. I have seen people first hand begging to get certificate even when they're loaded with cash. I'll be honest with you I do lecture some in Engineering and believe me, they wish they had done it earlier. Its not easy with kids, family, business and all. The time of securing a Bsc is almost wearing off for you ... take heed.

Mate no disrespect you kept going in a circle. He went to school. He just didn’t complete “University”. School did not start from University.

For God sake he’s 25. Where on earth did he say he has kids and a family.

OP don’t be misguided. It’s never to late to get a degree.

Don’t put all your eggs in one basket. If you can sponsor yourself in school go and get that degree even if it’s part-time.

But make sure you keep that business you are presently doing.

1 Like

Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Forget About It And Face My Hustle by chinchonglee(m): 10:22pm On Jun 21, 2019
Bros i wont lie to you, go to school its very necessary.

Forget all dose "SCHOOL NA SCAM" talk. Finish schooling first, start ur hustle again(by dis time u must av developed and improve mentally) den start following d MUMUs to be shouting "SCHOOL NA SCAM".

Or be schooling while u hustle since u re a freelancer.
Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Forget About It And Face My Hustle by Miscellaneous(m): 10:22pm On Jun 21, 2019
Nasri100:

Mate no disrespect you kept going in a circle. He went to school. He just didn’t complete “University”. School did not start from University.

For God sake he’s 25. Where on earth did he say he has kids and a family.

OP don’t be misguided. It’s never to late to get a degree.

Don’t put all your eggs in one basket. If you can sponsor yourself in school go and get that degree.

Go back and read my post. Anyway, I'll break it down for you since you clearly have comprehension issues.

School is referred to University mate. If the op reads my post, he will know I meant a uni since he already said he dropped out from the uni earlier

On the kids and family part of my post, I was referring to the fact that soon he will get married and those things can be debilitating factors to attending a uni

About your last sentences, we actually are saying the same thing that he should go to school now since he can afford it

Honestly, your post is useless and should be deleted so others can contribute positively.

1 Like

Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Forget About It And Face My Hustle by Nasri100(m): 10:30pm On Jun 21, 2019
Miscellaneous:

Go back and read my post. Anyway, I'll break it down for you since you clearly have comprehension issues.

School is referred to University mate. If the op reads my post, he will know I meant a uni since he already said he dropped out from the uni earlier

On the kids and family part of my post, I was referring to the fact that soon he will get married and those things can be debilitating factors to attending a uni

About your last sentences, we actually are saying the same thing that he should go to school now since he can afford it

Honestly, your post is useless and should be deleted so others can contribute positively.

Lmao.

School definition according to Wikipedia

“an institution for educating people.”

Also, I promise to donate N50,000 to Op’s University education if you can show me where he stated he is planning to get married in 4 years time. Are you deciding his future for him cause I don’t get it ??

Then, I find it hilarious you are actually on nairaland. Remember you said “Personally, I find it hard to relate with anyone who didn't attend ‘higher’ institution”.

Not sure you should be having anything to do with Seun’s business then.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Forget About It And Face My Hustle by Miscellaneous(m): 10:34pm On Jun 21, 2019
Nasri100:

Lmao.

Also, I promise to donate N50,000 to Op’s University education if you can show me where he stated he is planning to get married in 4 years time. Are you deciding his future for him cause I don’t get it ??

Then, I find it hilarious you are actually on nairaland. Remember you said “Personally, I find it hard to relate with anyone who didn't attend higher institution”.

Please, I'm not here for your antics. This is a serious discussion about the future of op. Lets not water down the purpose of this thread

1 Like

Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Forget About It And Face My Hustle by Mariangeles(f): 10:40pm On Jun 21, 2019
Troubledmind:

It depends...

What is your course of study ?
Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Forget About It And Face My Hustle by Mariangeles(f): 10:41pm On Jun 21, 2019
Nasri100:

Lmao.

Then, I find it hilarious you are actually on nairaland. Remember you said “Personally, I find it hard to relate with anyone who didn't attend ‘higher’ institution”.

Seun didn't go to college ?
Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Forget About It And Face My Hustle by lilmax(m): 10:50pm On Jun 21, 2019
from your post its easy to tell you made wrong choices in the beginning

no father scrutinizes his child like that

you lived a WAYWARD life, tell yourself the truth

your future is in your hands, you know what will be good for you

do what you must, but be ready to face the consequence

1 Like

Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Forget About It And Face My Hustle by FreeMejoor1(m): 10:51pm On Jun 21, 2019
Am in the same dilema Op.it hard to choose wether to face hustle or go back to school..all we need in life is financial freedom..though have hustled harder am thinking of running the money into sponsoring myself to covenant uni..but still deciding cause it a hard choice to make.
Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Forget About It And Face My Hustle by Pusherttt: 10:51pm On Jun 21, 2019
Oga!! Face ur hustle cos Las Las skul na scam cool
Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Forget About It And Face My Hustle by Tobesky1: 10:54pm On Jun 21, 2019
Miscellaneous:

B.sc or paper cert should be the least of your problem if u hv d necessary skills to gain you financial liberation. Bring out ur 4 or 5yrs certificate and i will show u online 6months foreign Professional course dat will render it useless. If ur Frds display their nysc certificate on their facebook page ..dats nothing.just focus on ur direction. Ur experience is enough to qualify u as a CEO. The difference btw u nd them is dat ...they will chase job but u will own job.Just keep adding value to yourself.You can neva be useless. Ask 2face

3 Likes

Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Forget About It And Face My Hustle by Tobesky1: 10:59pm On Jun 21, 2019
Some will have jobs while some will own it
Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Forget About It And Face My Hustle by dauntless15(m): 11:07pm On Jun 21, 2019
Mariangeles:
It depends...

What is your course of study ?
what does it matter? Nairalanders too stupid.
Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Forget About It And Face My Hustle by dauntless15(m): 11:11pm On Jun 21, 2019
They're advising you to go and burn the little you have saved in school suffering and drinking garri for five years despite frustrations from lecturers so you can graduate and come and work for peanuts, that is if you're lucky enough to get a job cheesy, invest in your business, buy car, build house and get married, the only thing that matters in life is money not some stupid naija cert that even the president said its not a guarantee for anything, if it's schooling abroad, I totally support you but Nigerian certificate is bullsh!t.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Forget About It And Face My Hustle by Florblu(f): 11:19pm On Jun 21, 2019
You already miss the opportunity of graduating with your mates, but you must have something to show for those years you spent outta school. Strive to make yourself better than your friends who are graduates.

School is not a must, its a necessity. Keep making your money, make more money and plan your life and if at a point in time you feel you have what it takes to send yourself to school, please do. But for now, make money and let your thought be on how to employ graduates to work for you.

It is better to attend uni as an old rich man, than as a poor old man.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Forget About It And Face My Hustle by dauntless15(m): 11:22pm On Jun 21, 2019
Florblu:
You already miss the opportunity of graduating with your mates, but you must have something to show for those years you spent outta school. Strive to make yourself better than your friends who are graduates.

School is not a must, its a necessity. Keep making your money, make more money and plan your life and if at a point in time you feel you have what it takes to send yourself to school, please do. But for now, make money and let your thought be on how to employ graduates to work for you.

It is better to attend uni as an old rich man, than as a poor old man.
We need to get married, in DJ khaleed's voice, you smart.
Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Forget About It And Face My Hustle by Nobody: 4:52am On Jun 22, 2019
U misunderstood wat d guy said.Read well n undastand bfor u mention somone
Nasri100:

Lmao.

Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Forget About It And Face My Hustle by Goddys(m): 6:32am On Jun 22, 2019
I have two bachelor degrees and a lawyer. My advice is to go back to school. You will definitely not regret it 10-15 years from now. Everything is not about money and survival. Upgrading one's level of thinking is the ultimate.

Being a graduate opens door. However to become wealthy in life is a function of destiny. It has nothing to do with acquisition of higher knowledge though it helps.

I'd rather believe that God exists than believe He doesn't. If He actually does, I lose nothing from believing. If He doesn't, I lose all. Apply this Pascal's wager logic to your situation.

1 Like

Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Forget About It And Face My Hustle by flexxyworld(m): 8:51am On Jun 22, 2019
You cant ever go wrong with education. regardless. . either you make good pool of network, get good grades and change your life or expand your horizon in general. It is never a complete waste. However, this time around, plan it around yourself and expect no help from anyone even your parent,siblings,family or well wishers, that way you'd appreciate the little support from anyone and you'd be motivated. In life, nobody owes you anything not even your parents that brought you to this world, you might only be priviledged.. shallom
Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Forget About It And Face My Hustle by CosmicJames(m): 11:28am On Jun 22, 2019
Goddys:

However to become wealthy in life is a function of destiny. It has nothing to do with acquisition of higher knowledge though it helps.

I think this part of your reply demands for more explanation if you don't mind?
Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Forget About It And Face My Hustle by Depreacherman(m): 12:20pm On Jun 22, 2019
Hustle is cool but the question now is; how lucrative is your hustle? how much can you boast of?

Don't let anyone whose certificate is in a box deceive you, I did what you are doing now but with a better reason..

Last last.. I still went back to school, it's not easy here but determination is the key.

Nobody is willing to help but in the the midst of pains, new discoveries are made. Just ensure you get serious and come out with good grades!

Good luck
Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Forget About It And Face My Hustle by OsbornTyler7: 3:03pm On Aug 31, 2022
When looking for bestessays reviews, it is important to find an essay writing service that provides the highest quality of work. Most of the testimonials for site show positive feedback about the company. This article will give you an overview of some of the most notable features that website has to offer. You can also learn more about their customer support to make the most of their services. Listed below are some tips to help you choose the service.

(1) (Reply)

Can You Kiss Me For 21 Million naira? Regina Daniel Shares Ugly Pix / Ghanaian High School Female Students Danced Seductively Viral / Bobrisky Br€ast Surgeries Are Real”- Lady Confirms After Playing With It [photo]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.