Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,795 members, 7,810,073 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:02 PM

Abuja Blasts Latest: Sss, Efcc Trace $20m To Politician’s Account - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abuja Blasts Latest: Sss, Efcc Trace $20m To Politician’s Account (7472 Views)

NNPC Engages SSS, EFCC To Curb Hoarding Of Petroleum Products / Abuja Blasts: Niger Delta Militants Might Be Responsible – NLC / Buhari Distressed About Abuja Blasts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abuja Blasts Latest: Sss, Efcc Trace $20m To Politician’s Account by Faeb: 1:47am On Oct 06, 2010
[size=14pt]ABUJA BLASTS LATEST: SSS, EFCC trace $20m to politician’s account [/size]
•How Dokpesi’s messages were traced -Source
•Why IBB’s campaign organisation DG was released

Written by Taiwo Adisa, Abuja
Wednesday, 06 October 2010

DETAILS emerging from the Special Investigation Panel coordinating the investigations into the October 1 bomb blasts that rocked Abuja indicated, on Tuesday, that the government has traced the sum of $20 million to the account of a particular politician who is undergoing surveillance.

Reports at the disposal of the Nigerian Tribune in Abuja indicated inputs from two major institutions of government, including the State Security Service (SSS) and the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) had confirmed the lodgment of the sum of $20 million in the account of a prominent politician, who is already being investigated in connection with the bomb blasts.

It was gathered that the said sum was moved from different accounts in the last one month and that it finally landed in one of the company accounts of the politician in focus.

Sources confirmed that the Financial Intelligence Unit of the EFCC had been on the trail of the said politician, who was said to have visited South Africa, two weeks ago.

“The Financial Intelligence Unit has sufficient capacity to detect movement of funds. The said money moved to some states in the North in four different accounts and the same later landed in the company account of one suspected source of the bombs. It appears that the said funds are being deployed in the execution of the dastardly acts,” sources said on Tuesday.

It was gathered that the SSS, which interrogated the Director-General of Ibrahim Babangida Campaign Organisation, Dr Raymond Dokpesi, on Monday, over the Abuja blasts had placed the media owner under close watch immediately he raised the alarm over his life.

Dokpesi, three weeks ago, raised the alarm that his life was in danger and that some political figures were planning to kidnap him. Former military ruler, General Ibrahim Babangida, was to corroborate the claim a day later when he said that the threat to Dokpesi’s life was real.

Sources, however, confirmed that the check on Dokpesi had been thorough and that the security operatives initially were looking for clues on those who allegedly wanted to kidnap him.

Government sources told the Nigerian Tribune that the security agencies deployed SIM Card analysts to X-ray Dokpesi’s phones immediately he was linked to the nine persons arrested in respect of the bomb blasts.

Said a source knowledgeable about the ongoing investigations: “There have been checks on him (Dokpesi) since he raised the alarm that he was being targeted for kidnap. There were reports that he was sighted overseas. There are equally some details about certain funds movement which had to do with him. But I can tell you the reports coming from the security outfits about him and other persons are solid. There is no politics to the investigations.”

The source, however, said that the SSS decided to release Dokpesi and to allow him to appear for interrogation from his home so as not to give those who plan to politicise the ongoing investigations the opportunity to do so.

http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/front-page-news/11765-abuja-blasts-latest-sss-efcc-trace-20m-to-politicians-account-how-dokpesis-messages-were-traced-source-why-ibbs-campaign-organisation-dg-was-released
Re: Abuja Blasts Latest: Sss, Efcc Trace $20m To Politician’s Account by Faeb: 1:55am On Oct 06, 2010
Quite clearly, there is no way out for Dokpesi. All thats left for him to do now is sing like a birdie. grin
Re: Abuja Blasts Latest: Sss, Efcc Trace $20m To Politician’s Account by Faeb: 2:20am On Oct 06, 2010
It is also certain from the words of the govt sources, that IBB time is up. Dokpesi is very likely to confess sharp sharp!
I can imagine that his every move is watched and the footsteps of the law are answering the blood call of his innocent victims.
Re: Abuja Blasts Latest: Sss, Efcc Trace $20m To Politician’s Account by Faeb: 2:46am On Oct 06, 2010
But the source added that the South African Government released Okah whose house was searched and “did not consider the seriousness of the security report which was obtained from the United Kingdom intelligence.”

Part of the security report obtained by the presidency according to sources includes the sum of $100 Million gift to Okah allegedly traced to some top Politicians in Nigeria.

According to the source, "The presidency got a security report via the United kingdom (UK) intelligence unit last week that some political forces in the country had offered Mr. Henry Okah $100 million to ensure that the 50th anniversary celebration did not hold."

"From our report, the bomb blasts were to start on Tuesday and our security agencies got to know about it, contacted the South African authorities and consequently Henry Okah's house in South Africa was searched and he was later arrested."

http://www.pointblanknews.com/News/os3981.html
Re: Abuja Blasts Latest: Sss, Efcc Trace $20m To Politician’s Account by RICHIEBOI1(m): 2:48am On Oct 06, 2010
Hmmm! this is getting interesting by the day.
Re: Abuja Blasts Latest: Sss, Efcc Trace $20m To Politician’s Account by MRMoneyE(m): 2:57am On Oct 06, 2010
TO BE CONTINUED ,
Re: Abuja Blasts Latest: Sss, Efcc Trace $20m To Politician’s Account by mistakay: 3:33am On Oct 06, 2010
Rubbish embarassed
Re: Abuja Blasts Latest: Sss, Efcc Trace $20m To Politician’s Account by TewMuch: 3:36am On Oct 06, 2010
FAEB=BEAF
*rebranding*
I see your point though.Dokpesi if offered the death sentence with overwhelming evidence will sing like a bird so the charges can be negotiated.Will IBB allow this to happen? I doubt it, am sure IBB will soon silence him and blame it on MEND.That is if they are involved.It will do dokpesi some good to sing loud and clear so he can be protected in time.Or else? IBB is not loyal to anyone but himself.Dokpesi will not live to repent.Same goes for Okah.Their game is up, they have been caught.Its time to save themselves.To arrange Okah's demise in a SA prison will be too cheap for IBB.when there are no witnesses, who is there to point fingers at him?This is why associating with IBB is a big risk.
Re: Abuja Blasts Latest: Sss, Efcc Trace $20m To Politician’s Account by Kobojunkie: 3:45am On Oct 06, 2010
hm . . . . I love the way the SSS is saying something but never really saying something.  Let me play along for a bit  . . .

Dokpesi is not a politician, so he couldn't  be the one claimed to have been in South Africa two weeks ago. IBB was not in South Africa during the same period either. So What Nigerian politician(s) were in South Africa two weeks ago?

Now, in a country where people can still get unregistered cell phones with no hassle, we are to believe that Raymond Dokpesi used the same cell phone he uses for other transactions for his alleged communication with the nine bombing suspects? 

na wa ooo!!!

I can't wait to see how this all turns out . . .
Re: Abuja Blasts Latest: Sss, Efcc Trace $20m To Politician’s Account by egift(m): 5:11am On Oct 06, 2010
Na film trick. Who are they try to impress. This is common intimidation. OBJ's leftover script of using EFCC.

All the SSS needs to do is:
- Complete there investigations
- Put the facts together
- Make the neccessary arrests
- Charge it to court
- Present their evidence
- And the Judge to rule after hearing from both sides

Why all these Gra Gra? Press conference today, a different one tomorrow. We all know GEJ blow it repeatedly but the right thing needs to be done.

And not to make all the wrong actions look right.
Re: Abuja Blasts Latest: Sss, Efcc Trace $20m To Politician’s Account by edoyad(m): 5:37am On Oct 06, 2010
If u don't know anything about how investigatns r carried out by these guys then i suggest you shut your trap. There is nobody that has been sent to prison till date by the EFCC that can claim to be innocent, no matter how crude their methods have been.Do you know the amount of constitutional hinderances these guys face when trying to perform their duties ?
I tell you that if the SSS tells you that Dokpesi is implicated then you can rest assured that that is the fact. Even IBB who created them knows this.
Re: Abuja Blasts Latest: Sss, Efcc Trace $20m To Politician’s Account by egift(m): 6:54am On Oct 06, 2010
^ That lousy SMS they presented was to impress us abi? I support they should do their job well put whoever is responsible behind bars (even if na IBB/GEJ/ATIKU/DOKPESI/OBJ). They should not turn themselves to propaganda tool. NTA is like a LovePeddler - If IBB wins come and see praise.
Re: Abuja Blasts Latest: Sss, Efcc Trace $20m To Politician’s Account by texazzpete(m): 7:10am On Oct 06, 2010
Faeb:

Government sources told the Nigerian Tribune that the security agencies deployed [b]SIM Card analysts to X-ray Dokpesi’s phones immediately he was linked to the nine persons arrested in respect of the bomb blasts.

Government and their empty words. Wetin be 'SIM card analyst'?
Re: Abuja Blasts Latest: Sss, Efcc Trace $20m To Politician’s Account by AjanleKoko: 7:15am On Oct 06, 2010
^^^^^^
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Abuja Blasts Latest: Sss, Efcc Trace $20m To Politician’s Account by cpatra(f): 7:22am On Oct 06, 2010
Government is just playing the devil's advocate.
Re: Abuja Blasts Latest: Sss, Efcc Trace $20m To Politician’s Account by jamace(m): 7:26am On Oct 06, 2010
The members of MEND that we know have denied LIVE ( in FLESH AND BLOOD on NTA Network News) any involvement in blast. Some people are just using that name as a camouflage to carry out their threats.

My mind tells me this threat is working: http://www.pointblanknews.com/News/os3912.html
Re: Abuja Blasts Latest: Sss, Efcc Trace $20m To Politician’s Account by niceone3(m): 7:44am On Oct 06, 2010
I sob 4 Nigeria in skwahila
Re: Abuja Blasts Latest: Sss, Efcc Trace $20m To Politician’s Account by Abagworo(m): 7:51am On Oct 06, 2010
@jamace,both you and sss are doing a cosmetic job and making unfounded statements about serious issues.
Re: Abuja Blasts Latest: Sss, Efcc Trace $20m To Politician’s Account by jamace(m): 10:14am On Oct 06, 2010
@jamace,both you and sss are doing a cosmetic job and making unfounded statements about serious issues.

Your master, the evil one and his cabal cannot hold Nigeria hostage.

Time is running out on your evil master, and he will be cooling his asshole in KIRIKIRI soonest.
Re: Abuja Blasts Latest: Sss, Efcc Trace $20m To Politician’s Account by Nobody: 10:29am On Oct 06, 2010
I'm sure soon we will get to the root of this. This is the blast before the bliss
Re: Abuja Blasts Latest: Sss, Efcc Trace $20m To Politician’s Account by MaiSuya(m): 11:06am On Oct 06, 2010
Hmmmm and the plot thickens. . .
Re: Abuja Blasts Latest: Sss, Efcc Trace $20m To Politician’s Account by fender(m): 4:50pm On Oct 06, 2010
Abagworo:

No be lie,
Re: Abuja Blasts Latest: Sss, Efcc Trace $20m To Politician’s Account by TewMuch: 4:52pm On Oct 06, 2010
Dokpesi gets his much needed advance to revive his station, pay his workers, and use his station as a channel for IBB. He has gotten his share of the national cake, and by all means tongue
Re: Abuja Blasts Latest: Sss, Efcc Trace $20m To Politician’s Account by sayso: 4:58pm On Oct 06, 2010
the part 3 done finish?I wan see part 4 sharp sharp.
Re: Abuja Blasts Latest: Sss, Efcc Trace $20m To Politician’s Account by Kobojunkie: 4:59pm On Oct 06, 2010
edoyad:

If u don't know anything about how investigatns r carried out by these guys then i suggest you shut your trap. There is nobody that has been sent to prison till date by the EFCC that can claim to be innocent, no matter how crude their methods have been.Do you know the amount of constitutional hinderances these guys face when trying to perform their duties ?
I tell you that if the SSS tells you that Dokpesi is implicated then you can rest assured that that is the fact. Even IBB who created them knows this.

Please spare us the Bull . . . the same EFCC that has been able to clear KNOWN criminals at the very same time? ROFLMAO!
Re: Abuja Blasts Latest: Sss, Efcc Trace $20m To Politician’s Account by bisiaet: 4:59pm On Oct 06, 2010
But if this information get down to be true that Raymond actually has hand in the bombing it will be the most embarrassing and shameful thing. I will be so dissappointed in him for him to go this line because of political vegeance, it will be a big shame.

Still waiting for more info.
Re: Abuja Blasts Latest: Sss, Efcc Trace $20m To Politician’s Account by Escalante4: 5:16pm On Oct 06, 2010
My concern is how quick GEJ was in making conclusive statements about the blast after visiting the victims of the blast when investigations have not even fully commenced. I suggest he learns how to compose himself as a CIC he is and not polarize the investigations. I hope he is not reading a script already written for him. Ha that one go be serious wahala ooo
Re: Abuja Blasts Latest: Sss, Efcc Trace $20m To Politician’s Account by Faeb: 5:16pm On Oct 06, 2010
bisiaet:

But if this information get down to be true that Raymond actually has hand in the bombing it will be the most embarrassing and shameful thing. I will be so dissappointed in him for him to go this line because of political vegeance, it will be a big shame.

Still waiting for more info.

My understanding;
SSS has basically told us that monies from politicians have been traced through 4 accounts to Dokpesi, who in turn (while under wicked surveillance grin) was spotted with Okah in SA. In other words, Dokpesi's goose is cooked and waiting to be served.

Some folk are stuck on the text messages. . . Not clever! Those text messages are obvious transliterations, in fact, when the raw ones are read out in court, Dokpesi will shout, ewo!!!! grin
Re: Abuja Blasts Latest: Sss, Efcc Trace $20m To Politician’s Account by Faeb: 5:19pm On Oct 06, 2010
Escalante4:

My concern is how quick GEJ was in making conclusive statements about the blast after visiting the victims of the blast when investigations have not even fully commenced. I suggest he learns how to compose himself as a CIC he is and not polarize the investigations. I hope he is not reading a script already written for him. Ha that one go be serious wahala ooo

Not only SSS, but the Interpol, as well as US and UK intelligence sources have pinpointed the culprits (at least Dokpesi) and the flow of money between 4 Nigerian accounts, Dokpesi and Okah.

Question, is Dokpesi in MEND?
Re: Abuja Blasts Latest: Sss, Efcc Trace $20m To Politician’s Account by DeepSoul(f): 5:27pm On Oct 06, 2010
bisiaet:

Point of correction, because of money
Re: Abuja Blasts Latest: Sss, Efcc Trace $20m To Politician’s Account by youngmonie: 5:29pm On Oct 06, 2010
Kobojunkie:

hm . . . . I love the way the SSS is saying something but never really saying something.  Let me play along for a bit  . . .

Dokpesi is not a politician, so he couldn't  be the one claimed to have been in South Africa two weeks ago. IBB was not in South Africa during the same period either. So What Nigerian politician(s) were in South Africa two weeks ago?

Now, in a country where people can still get unregistered cell phones with no hassle, we are to believe that Raymond Dokpesi used the same cell phone he uses for other transactions for his alleged communication with the nine bombing suspects? 

na wa ooo!!!

I can't wait to see how this all turns out  . . .  

u make sense die,
Re: Abuja Blasts Latest: Sss, Efcc Trace $20m To Politician’s Account by Kobojunkie: 5:34pm On Oct 06, 2010
Faeb:

My understanding;
SSS has basically told us that monies from politicians have been traced through 4 accounts to Dokpesi, who in turn (while under wicked surveillance grin) was spotted with Okah in SA. In other words, Dokpesi's goose is cooked and waiting to be served.

Some folk are stuck on the text messages. . . Not clever! Those text messages are obvious transliterations, in fact, when the raw ones are read out in court, Dokpesi will shout, ewo!!!! grin

This is part of the reason why a mere 0.1% or even less continue to rule a nation of over 150 million in corruption, year after year/decade after decade.

The article DOES NOT tell you that Dokpesi was in South Africa . . . in fact, it makes it clear that DOKPESI is NOT A POLITICIAN. All it tells you is that a Politician was in South Africa Two weeks ago and you have ALREADY CONCLUDED that the politician was Dokpesi and that the Politician was with Okah.

See how the truth really GETS TWISTED? Not necessarily by those in power but by ordinary people at the end of the day.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG In New Push To Enforce Recovery Of Over N5 Trillion AMCON Debts / Another TINUBU Mension Where You Must Pay N300 Million To Live In It. / President Buhari Commends Economic Team

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.