Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,740 members, 7,820,549 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:58 PM

Abuja Blasts Latest: Sss, Efcc Trace $20m To Politician’s Account - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abuja Blasts Latest: Sss, Efcc Trace $20m To Politician’s Account (7479 Views)

NNPC Engages SSS, EFCC To Curb Hoarding Of Petroleum Products / Abuja Blasts: Niger Delta Militants Might Be Responsible – NLC / Buhari Distressed About Abuja Blasts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abuja Blasts Latest: Sss, Efcc Trace $20m To Politician’s Account by info2009: 5:36pm On Oct 06, 2010
I believe that truth must unfold once the uk intelligent and interpol are working together with efcc. We are patiently waiting for miracle genuine result.
Re: Abuja Blasts Latest: Sss, Efcc Trace $20m To Politician’s Account by ExInferis(m): 5:36pm On Oct 06, 2010
i dont know which is more saddening; that there was a bomb blast thta killed innocent people, or that a vast majority, as showcased by the sample here, of the populace is daft, dense, dumb and clueless. no one GEJ fronted those puerile text messages as evidence: he knows the dumbos would lap it up.

when does any government ever say the truth? what evidence has been presented besides the silly text messages that even nollywood wouldnt dare present as serious material?

if this is the intelligence of naijans then we really do deserve that dimwitted chicken for a president.

God save us all.
Re: Abuja Blasts Latest: Sss, Efcc Trace $20m To Politician’s Account by omojand: 5:55pm On Oct 06, 2010
'Big men' in Nigeria never face justice however severe their crimes. Ibori has been in detention in a foreign country for many months awaiting extradition to the UK. If it were in  Naij, our 'elites' will be  aducing puny reasons for his travails, other than justice.

Ok, lets see it this way. This investigation is not an entirely Nigerian affair. The UK, US, Interpol and SA are involved. These guys no dey look face o!

With his campaign flagging, IBB was desperate for a spectacular in order to discredit GEJ. He found that spectacular in an IBB.

I say let loose OBJ, Azazzi and heavy weights on this nuisance of a vermine that is IBB. About time he's dealt a massive blow. He no big pass Nigeria.
Re: Abuja Blasts Latest: Sss, Efcc Trace $20m To Politician’s Account by Kobojunkie: 6:01pm On Oct 06, 2010
Could you possibly show exactly how the UK and US are involved in this?
Re: Abuja Blasts Latest: Sss, Efcc Trace $20m To Politician’s Account by skintom77: 6:42pm On Oct 06, 2010
hy will mr ray chairman of ait group-a coy quoted on the stock exchange even involve himself in this kind of petty partisan politics ?it is totally against the ethics of corporate governance!i just tire for this country!
Re: Abuja Blasts Latest: Sss, Efcc Trace $20m To Politician’s Account by onyengbu1(m): 7:15pm On Oct 06, 2010
Kobojunkie:

hm . . . . I love the way the SSS is saying something but never really saying something.  Let me play along for a bit  . . .

Dokpesi is not a politician, so he couldn't  be the one claimed to have been in South Africa two weeks ago. IBB was not in South Africa during the same period either. So What Nigerian politician(s) were in South Africa two weeks ago?

Now, in a country where people can still get unregistered cell phones with no hassle, we are to believe that Raymond Dokpesi used the same cell phone he uses for other transactions for his alleged communication with the nine bombing suspects? 

na wa ooo!!!

I can't wait to see how this all turns out  . . . 
Kobojunkie:

This is part of the reason why a mere 0.1% or even less continue to rule a nation of over 150 million in corruption, year after year/decade after decade.

The article DOES NOT tell you that Dokpesi was in South Africa . . . in fact, it makes it clear that DOKPESI is NOT A POLITICIAN. All it tells you is that a Politician was in South Africa Two weeks ago and you have ALREADY CONCLUDED that the politician was Dokpesi and that the Politician was with Okah.

See how the truth really GETS TWISTED? Not necessarily by those in power but by ordinary people at the end of the day.

Why do you keep saying that Dokpesi is not a politician yet he is heading IBB's campaign organization.

What really makes one a politician?
Re: Abuja Blasts Latest: Sss, Efcc Trace $20m To Politician’s Account by 13volts(m): 7:22pm On Oct 06, 2010
Na MEND do am
No be MEND do am
Na Okah do am
No be Okah na IBB
No be IBB na Atiku

I don tire wit this Gudthief
Re: Abuja Blasts Latest: Sss, Efcc Trace $20m To Politician’s Account by Kobojunkie: 7:22pm On Oct 06, 2010
From the article

It was gathered that the SSS, which interrogated the Director-General of Ibrahim Babangida Campaign Organisation, Dr Raymond Dokpesi, on Monday, over the Abuja blasts had placed the media owner under close watch immediately he raised the alarm over his life.

onye_ngbu:

Why do you keep saying that Dokpesi is not a politician yet he is heading IBB's campaign organization.

Being Director General of a Campaign Organization does not make one a politician.

A politician or political leader (from Greek "polis"wink is an individual who is involved in influencing public policy and decision making. This includes people who hold decision-making positions in government, and people who seek those positions, whether by means of election, coup d'état, appointment, electoral fraud, conquest, right of inheritance (see also: divine right) or other means. Politics is not limited to governance through public office. Political offices may also be held in corporations, and other entities that are governed by self-defined political processes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Politician

If we want to change this so that we claim he, Dokpesi, is a politician because he runs a campaign, then we might as well say that all those involved in campaigns, even here on Nairaland and average folks like myself who share my view on whatever candidate I support are essentially politicians by profession.  grin
Re: Abuja Blasts Latest: Sss, Efcc Trace $20m To Politician’s Account by mindurword(m): 7:23pm On Oct 06, 2010
texazzpete:

Government and their empty words. Wetin be 'SIM card analyst'?
If you don`t know  Sim  card is very delicate  if you don`t know .In advance world once the police caught you the first thing they we look for is your phone, they will analyst everything about your phone in 10Min's  all calls you make all the numbers contacted all your sms even though u delete them before hand all will be proving, so don`t take Nigeria security for granted.As i have said  before now any politician that is involve  in this Carlos act should be brought to book
Re: Abuja Blasts Latest: Sss, Efcc Trace $20m To Politician’s Account by Pukkah: 7:24pm On Oct 06, 2010
skintom77:

hy will mr ray chairman of ait group-a coy quoted on the stock exchange even involve himself in this kind of petty partisan politics ?it is totally against the ethics of corporate governance!i just tire for this country!

Of course, this goes to show that there is no Corporate Governance in place in AIT.
Re: Abuja Blasts Latest: Sss, Efcc Trace $20m To Politician’s Account by Kobojunkie: 7:25pm On Oct 06, 2010
mindurword:

If you don`t know Sim card is very delicate if you don`t know .In advance world once the police caught you the first thing they we look for is your phone, they will analyst everything about your phone in 10Min's all calls you make all the numbers contacted all your sms even though u delete them before hand all will be proving, so don`t take Nigeria security for granted.As i have said before now any politician that is involve in this Carlos act should be brought to book

You lie . . . . ROFLMAO!! grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Abuja Blasts Latest: Sss, Efcc Trace $20m To Politician’s Account by onyengbu1(m): 7:40pm On Oct 06, 2010
A politician or political leader (from Greek "polis"wink is an individual who is [size=14pt]involved[/size] in influencing public policy and decision making. This includes people who hold decision-making positions in government, and people who seek those positions, whether by means of election, coup d'état, appointment, electoral fraud, conquest, right of inheritance (see also: divine right) or other means. Politics is not limited to governance through public office. Political offices may also be held in corporations, and other entities that are governed by self-defined political processes.

How come u dint see that very first statement.
Re: Abuja Blasts Latest: Sss, Efcc Trace $20m To Politician’s Account by Nobody: 7:42pm On Oct 06, 2010
i hope its not raining in abuja - make their invetsigation no derail cheesy
Re: Abuja Blasts Latest: Sss, Efcc Trace $20m To Politician’s Account by Kobojunkie: 7:44pm On Oct 06, 2010
onye_ngbu:

How come u dint see that very first statement.

How exactly is a person hired as a campaign manager INVOLVED IN INFLUENCING PUBLIC POLICY? Please explain that one to me. Please lets make this a straight forward response and not the usual TWIST-WRIGGLE-TO-THE-ANSWER type response.
Re: Abuja Blasts Latest: Sss, Efcc Trace $20m To Politician’s Account by tomialph(m): 7:46pm On Oct 06, 2010
onye_ngbu:

A politician or political leader (from Greek "polis"wink is an individual who is involved in influencing public policy and decision making. This includes people who hold decision-making positions in government, and people who seek those positions, whether by means of election, coup d'état, appointment, electoral fraud, conquest, right of inheritance (see also: divine right) or other means. Politics is not limited to governance through public office. Political offices may also be held in corporations, and other entities that are governed by self-defined political processes.

I just don't get where u're coming from as regards the fact that Dokpesi IS NOT a politician,it takes a seasoned politician to head a political campaign organization especially that of a presidential candidate. what makes u think Dokpesi is not aiming the communication ministry as minister if IBB becomes president? quit this obvious denial and come to terms with reality
Re: Abuja Blasts Latest: Sss, Efcc Trace $20m To Politician’s Account by Faeb: 7:47pm On Oct 06, 2010
Anybody running a political campaign is a politician.
Re: Abuja Blasts Latest: Sss, Efcc Trace $20m To Politician’s Account by edoyad(m): 7:50pm On Oct 06, 2010
At the rate at which this kobojunkie person rolls on the floor and laughs his/her a.ss off , i wonder how scarred and blistered that place would be ? Eeeeuww ! The pus and all, i wouldn't like to share a seat with that one in
Re: Abuja Blasts Latest: Sss, Efcc Trace $20m To Politician’s Account by Kobojunkie: 7:51pm On Oct 06, 2010
Once again . . . Wiki to the rescue . . .  

For more education on what a Political campaign is about and what the position of campaign director really entails please visit  . . .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_campaign

Also here is a blog of a professional who holds such position from time to time  to help educate you

http://campaignmanager..com/2006_02_01_archive.html

Also, a wonderful place to learn what actual campaign manager do

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-does-a-campaign-manager-do.htm
Re: Abuja Blasts Latest: Sss, Efcc Trace $20m To Politician’s Account by Kobojunkie: 7:51pm On Oct 06, 2010
edoyad:

At the rate at which this kobojunkie person rolls on the floor and laughs his/her behind off , i wonder how scarred and blistered that place would be ? Eeeeuww ! The pus and all, i wouldn't like to share a seat with that one in

grow up!
Re: Abuja Blasts Latest: Sss, Efcc Trace $20m To Politician’s Account by Goddys(m): 7:53pm On Oct 06, 2010
My intuition is telling me that the said"top politician" is Atiku though its untenable.
Re: Abuja Blasts Latest: Sss, Efcc Trace $20m To Politician’s Account by edoyad(m): 7:58pm On Oct 06, 2010
Kobojunkie If you want to talk with grown ups then i suggest you stop rolling on the floor and laughing your flat as$ off when you reply others
Re: Abuja Blasts Latest: Sss, Efcc Trace $20m To Politician’s Account by Nobody: 8:02pm On Oct 06, 2010
Let me chip in the definition of political parties.
political party is the coming together of group of men or women with certain ideologies under one tent in order to achieve a common goal.The premise from the definition is that IBb campaign organisation is not a political party,so dokpesi is not a politician until he's a member of a political party.its just like saying jarus is a politician just because he moderates the politics section.
Re: Abuja Blasts Latest: Sss, Efcc Trace $20m To Politician’s Account by tomialph(m): 8:02pm On Oct 06, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Once again . . . Wiki to the rescue . . .  

For more education on what a Political campaign is about and what the position of campaign director really entails please visit  . . .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_campaign

Also here is a blog of a professional who holds such position from time to time  to help educate you

http://campaignmanager..com/2006_02_01_archive.html

Also, a wonderful place to learn what actual campaign manager do

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-does-a-campaign-manager-do.htm

Politics
High Chief, Dr. Raymond Dokpesi also has his hands in politics. One of his first political assignments was as a political campaign manager for the Alhaji Bamanga Tukur, which saw Tukur into the then Gongola state government house. He also assumed the same role during Alharji Adamu Ciroma presidential campaign, and Alharji Bamanga Tukur’s presidential campaign in 1993.Likewise during Peter Odili’s presidential campaign. Dokpesi was one of the leaders of the South-South People Assembly (SSPA) an organization that seeks to promote south-south people of Nigeria.

source is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raymond_Dokpesi
Re: Abuja Blasts Latest: Sss, Efcc Trace $20m To Politician’s Account by Faeb: 8:08pm On Oct 06, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Let me chip in the definition of political parties.
political party is the coming together of group of men or women with certain ideologies under one tent in order to achieve a common goal.The premise from the definition is that IBb campaign organisation is not a political party,so dokpesi is not a politician until he's a member of a political party.its just like saying jarus is a politician just because he moderates the politics section.

What would you say about Dokpesi's membership of the South-South People Assembly?
And what would you say about people who run for office without affiliation to any political party?
Re: Abuja Blasts Latest: Sss, Efcc Trace $20m To Politician’s Account by Kobojunkie: 8:13pm On Oct 06, 2010
tomialph:

A politician or political leader (from Greek "polis"wink is an individual who is involved in influencing public policy and decision making. This includes people who hold decision-making positions in government, [
I just don't get where u're coming from as regards the fact that Dokpesi IS NOT a politician,it takes a seasoned politician to head a political campaign organization especially that of a presidential candidate. what makes u think Dokpesi is not aiming the communication ministry as minister if IBB becomes president? quit this obvious denial and come to terms with reality

Nope, it doesn't. It takes someone with very good MARKETING and LEADERSHIP skills to run a campaign.

tomialph:

Politics
High Chief, Dr. Raymond Dokpesi also has his hands in politics. One of his first political assignments was as a political campaign manager for the Alhaji Bamanga Tukur, which saw Tukur into the then Gongola state government house. He also assumed the same role during Alharji Adamu Ciroma presidential campaign, and Alharji Bamanga Tukur’s presidential campaign in 1993.Likewise during Peter Odili’s presidential campaign. Dokpesi was one of the leaders of the South-South People Assembly (SSPA) an organization that seeks to promote south-south people of Nigeria.

source is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raymond_Dokpesi

First, a political assignment does not make one a politician. Interns in the white house or those who work in the marketing area or IT area at the white house or for any political party do not get labeled POLITICIANS just cause they have one political assignment or the other.

Now that he was one of the leaders of the SSPA probably would make him a politician but that would also depend on how INVOLVED he is/was in influencing policy while working as leader. By the way, just being a member of a political party does not make one a politician, in much the same way that posting on political topics DOES NOT make you or I politicians.
Re: Abuja Blasts Latest: Sss, Efcc Trace $20m To Politician’s Account by Nobody: 8:21pm On Oct 06, 2010
Faeb:

What would you say about Dokpesi's membership of the South-South People Assembly?
And what would you say about people who run for office without affiliation to any political party?
South south peoples Assembly is not a political party.I remembered this issue came up when Afenifere was clearly seperated from AD and what made it easier to solve was that AD is a register political party while Afenifere was regarded as a political movement and the elders had no choice but to accpet it that way.
That Dokpesi works for IBB doesnt make him a politician,if not,you can as well call the policemam that aids ballot box snatching a politician including those thugs and even his cook all because he works for IBB.
Re: Abuja Blasts Latest: Sss, Efcc Trace $20m To Politician’s Account by MaiSuya(m): 8:22pm On Oct 06, 2010
I don't see what the argument is all about. The truth is, there are technically no political parties in Nigeria. What you have is a collection of individuals with interests--mostly selfish, I dare say--coming together with the sole purpose of acquiring power.  The need to belong to a party is simply because the constitution dictates it is the only platform upon which they can contest.  Nothing like independent candidature here.

If we talk of a political party, as someone said, we are talking ideology. Can anyone trace anything specific to any of the so-called parties?
Re: Abuja Blasts Latest: Sss, Efcc Trace $20m To Politician’s Account by Faeb: 8:23pm On Oct 06, 2010
~Bluetooth:

South south peoples Assembly is not a political party.I remembered this issue came up when Afenifere was clearly seperated from AD and what made it easier to solve was that AD is a register political party while Afenifere was regarded as a political movement and the elders had no choice but to accpet it that way.
That Dokpesi works for IBB doesnt make him a politician,if not,you can as well call the policemam that aids ballot box snatching a politician including those thugs and even his cook all because he works for IBB.

What would you say about people who run for office without affiliation to any political party?
Re: Abuja Blasts Latest: Sss, Efcc Trace $20m To Politician’s Account by Faeb: 8:24pm On Oct 06, 2010
Mai Suya:

I don't see what the argument is all about. The truth is, there are technically no political parties in Nigeria. What you have is a collection of individuals with interests--mostly selfish, I dare say--coming together with the sole purpose of acquiring power.  The need to belong to a party is simply because the constitution dictates it is the only platform upon which they can contest.  Nothing like independent candidature here.

If we talk of a political party, as someone said, we are talking ideology. Can anyone trace anything specific to any of the so-called parties?

Perfectly delivered. 100% common sense.
Re: Abuja Blasts Latest: Sss, Efcc Trace $20m To Politician’s Account by Nobody: 8:32pm On Oct 06, 2010
Mai Suya:

if sharing money,corruption,godfatherism,zoning etc is what pdp ideolizes itself with,in as much that all its members agree to it as their goal,then it's a political party.
Faeb:

What would you say about people who run for office without affiliation to any political party?
An individual candidate has his own ideology too which is the core factor.like i said about political parties,every member bring their ideas and harmonise them while an independent candidate has his own to himself.
Re: Abuja Blasts Latest: Sss, Efcc Trace $20m To Politician’s Account by MaiSuya(m): 8:44pm On Oct 06, 2010
~Bluetooth:

if sharing money,corruption,godfatherism,zoning etc is what pdp ideolizes itself with,in as much that all its members agree to it as their goal,then it's a political party.

Rofl! In our peculiar naija context I suppose.  KAI! NAIJA. . . grin
Re: Abuja Blasts Latest: Sss, Efcc Trace $20m To Politician’s Account by opribo(m): 8:52pm On Oct 06, 2010
During his long speech when he was launching DaarSat, he said OBJ unleashed the greatest terror on him so i wont be surprised if this is not a good motive for him to attack back

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sahara Report Breaking News !!..buhari Volunteers To Step Down For Atiku / How Obiano Is Turning Awka, Anambra To London (photos) / LG Poll: 15 Political Parties To Contest In Lagos Local Government Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.