Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,955 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:35 AM

Studio Brat: Simi On Why She Set Up Her Own Label - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Studio Brat: Simi On Why She Set Up Her Own Label (23495 Views)

Singer Ruger Parts Ways With Jonzing World, Floats Own Label / Pregnant Rita Dominic’s Bridal Shower As She's Set To Marry Fidelis Anosike / Mercy Aigbe Dances With Her Daughter, Michelle As She's Set To Turn 18 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Studio Brat: Simi On Why She Set Up Her Own Label by reportminds: 2:59pm On Jun 23, 2019
Nigerian singer, Simisola Ogunleye, a.k.a Simi is known for a lot of things to include being a talented singer with an incredible voice and taste for good music, but she has again proved herself beyond expectation with the launch of her own record label, Studio Brat’.

The ‘Mind your business’ crooner made the announcement via social media ahead of the release of her latest musical project titled ‘Jericho’, featuring reggae/dancehall singer, Patoranking.

While making the announcement, she revealed that floating her own record label is the best part of her music journey.

“The norm is to do a formal and proper press release, with big, impersonal words, but this is me and you. We started with true laughs, constructive criticism, silly jokes and personal moments. We’re going to keep it that way. All I’ve ever wanted was to live my dreams, to do it on my terms, but for you. Each step I’ve taken has brought me here. This is only the beginning of the best part of my journey. I hope that you stand with me, fight with me, love with me and grow with me. My team and I have continuously put our hearts into it. Like Michael Jackson said, “Don’t stop till you get enough.” We never want to let you down. Proof: I’m using a Michael Jackson quote. So, with a heart full of excitement, I introduce Studio Brat to you. It’s Ours. Let’s do what we do”, she said.

Recall that after the successful expiration of her 5-years recording contract with record label, Xtreme Music, she moved on last month, May 2019, contrary to speculations that she may renew the contract.

Source https://www.reportminds.com/2019/06/studio-brat-why-i-decided-to-set-up-my.html?m=1

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Studio Brat: Simi On Why She Set Up Her Own Label by daddycee91(m): 3:13pm On Jun 23, 2019
Shut up you studio brat! I wanna date a mature lady here in Lagos, I'm 27. Whatsapp zero 90 six 919 three 9 one three.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Studio Brat: Simi On Why She Set Up Her Own Label by Chiefochiefo(m): 3:13pm On Jun 23, 2019
Who cares

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Studio Brat: Simi On Why She Set Up Her Own Label by Lexusgs430: 3:14pm On Jun 23, 2019
We don't care.........

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Studio Brat: Simi On Why She Set Up Her Own Label by Ostrogoth(m): 3:14pm On Jun 23, 2019
Dtf
Re: Studio Brat: Simi On Why She Set Up Her Own Label by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jun 23, 2019
How will you survive the rigours with your present state i.e pregnancy and how do you get the wherewithal to pull through ? Your husband is way below you career wise and his Permanent Secretary dad just died . How will you survive this Buhari's poverty infested Next level, How will you be able to slug it out with TENIOLA, the Popstar, when you are another MARIO/CHRIS BROWN competition, and we all know how it went down. Mario is long forgotten. Celebrities thrives on Publicity and Scandals, you blew all that by getting married to Adekunle Gold, who is content with little and wants to use you to further his own career. Godspeed though.

27 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Studio Brat: Simi On Why She Set Up Her Own Label by NwaJozi: 3:14pm On Jun 23, 2019
Goodluck

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Studio Brat: Simi On Why She Set Up Her Own Label by temb: 3:14pm On Jun 23, 2019
J
Re: Studio Brat: Simi On Why She Set Up Her Own Label by ladilawal82(m): 3:14pm On Jun 23, 2019
That is commendable my dear.
Re: Studio Brat: Simi On Why She Set Up Her Own Label by AroleOduduwa2: 3:14pm On Jun 23, 2019
Simi need to stay graded, she's losing it

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Studio Brat: Simi On Why She Set Up Her Own Label by Kendumazy(m): 3:14pm On Jun 23, 2019
Keep it up!
Re: Studio Brat: Simi On Why She Set Up Her Own Label by Ostrogoth(m): 3:14pm On Jun 23, 2019
F
Re: Studio Brat: Simi On Why She Set Up Her Own Label by ainas247: 3:15pm On Jun 23, 2019
wink It's not easy oo but Good luck

dominate Google page 1 with your business
chat up now

1 Like

Re: Studio Brat: Simi On Why She Set Up Her Own Label by thesicilian: 3:15pm On Jun 23, 2019
Still didn't see why after reading through.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Studio Brat: Simi On Why She Set Up Her Own Label by TundeCole(m): 3:16pm On Jun 23, 2019
One of the best natural singers we have now. Wish you all the best Simi!!!!!!!

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Studio Brat: Simi On Why She Set Up Her Own Label by fakuta(f): 3:16pm On Jun 23, 2019
Is good to move forward
Re: Studio Brat: Simi On Why She Set Up Her Own Label by Rapmoney(m): 3:17pm On Jun 23, 2019
Funny label name.

2 Likes

Re: Studio Brat: Simi On Why She Set Up Her Own Label by Pavore9: 3:17pm On Jun 23, 2019
AroleOduduwa2:

In what way is she losing it?

6 Likes

Re: Studio Brat: Simi On Why She Set Up Her Own Label by porshnuel: 3:18pm On Jun 23, 2019
AroleOduduwa2:
I thought am the only one hu noticed...nt only simi...even teni abi wats her name,they are both? losing it gradually

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Studio Brat: Simi On Why She Set Up Her Own Label by daddycee91(m): 3:18pm On Jun 23, 2019
daddycee91:
Shut up you studio brat!
I wanna date a mature lady here in Lagos, I'm 27 call 090 six 919 three 13
Re: Studio Brat: Simi On Why She Set Up Her Own Label by 40secondsMan: 3:18pm On Jun 23, 2019
Thank you so much for this post.
Have been feeling a certain numbness in my balls for a while now. But thank God I'm whole again...

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Studio Brat: Simi On Why She Set Up Her Own Label by IjebuAssasin: 3:18pm On Jun 23, 2019
grin
Re: Studio Brat: Simi On Why She Set Up Her Own Label by RiyaGoddess(f): 3:18pm On Jun 23, 2019
Shake my head at the comments up.
In church today and there was a guy seated in front of me. What got my attention was his shinning gorimapa (shinning skinned hair cut). He was seated directly under the bulb so that makes his gorimapa shine well well lols. So each time I try to focus on the altar, to listen to today's ministration, Satan's small legions sent on errand to distract kept on ministering to me.

Demon- Shile just tap his head and turn your face away

Shile- But there are people seated around me and they will know it's me even if the guy turns around and doesn't know who tapped his shinning head

Demon- Just be naughty Tap his head and look away

Shile- I bind you demon of distraction. Get out of my thoughts Now!!!

I casted it out and it flee. I became free and got my concentration back.
We all need to be sensitive in our spirit. Most of our actions are based on what controls our thoughts. What spirit directs or controls your thoughts? Do you open the door, make ways, or give room for the demon or holy spirit to dwell?
Let's all check what rules our thoughts. Let's align it with the good spirit and this world will be a better place.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Studio Brat: Simi On Why She Set Up Her Own Label by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jun 23, 2019
Congratulations
Re: Studio Brat: Simi On Why She Set Up Her Own Label by Abkreizi: 3:19pm On Jun 23, 2019
Let me catch space
Re: Studio Brat: Simi On Why She Set Up Her Own Label by Pavore9: 3:20pm On Jun 23, 2019
Nice move after 5 years with another label.
Re: Studio Brat: Simi On Why She Set Up Her Own Label by Abkreizi: 3:20pm On Jun 23, 2019
RiyaGoddess:
Shake my head at the comments up.
In church today and there was a guy seated in front of me. What got my attention was his shinning gorimapa (shinning skinned hair cut). He was seated directly under the bulb so that makes his gorimapa shine well well lols. So each time I try to focus on the altar, to listen to today's ministration, Satan's small legions sent on errand to distract kept on ministering to me.

Demon- Shile just tap his head and turn your face away

Shile- But there are people seated around me and they will know it's me even if the guy turns around and doesn't know who tapped his shinning head

Demon- Just be naughty Tap his head and look away

Shile- I bind you demon of distraction. Get out of my thoughts Now!!!

I casted it out and it flee. I became free and got my concentration back.
We all need to be sensitive in our spirit. Most of our actions are based on what controls our thoughts. What spirit directs or controls your thoughts? Do you open the door, make ways, or give room for the demon or holy spirit to dwell?
Let's all check what rules our thoughts. Let's align it with the good spirit and this world will be a better place.

What do you want us to do

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Studio Brat: Simi On Why She Set Up Her Own Label by life2010: 3:20pm On Jun 23, 2019
There is a bungalow property for sale with half plot of land at the back on Plot 1 on TUNDE LAWAL street off ekoro road Abule Egba .The street is just Five minutes drive from the Abule egba bridge. Interested buyer should contact me on 07041469219 or 07035443215.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mr Eazi: "Most Nigerian Artistes Are Using My Ghanaian Sound Working Formula" / Ebuka Obi-Uchendu Celebrates 15 Years Of Being A TV Host (Photos, Video) / Pictures Of Psquare On Stage In Malawi With Thousands Of Audience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.