Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,366 members, 7,812,052 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:13 AM

Ahmed Musa: I Forced The Coach To Play Me - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ahmed Musa: I Forced The Coach To Play Me (45074 Views)

Marcelo Bielsa Is The Coach Nigeria Needs, Do You Agree Or Not? / Meet Kennedy Boboye, The Coach Behind Akwa United NPFL Title Victory / Oliseh Becomes First Fortuna Sittard Coach To Win 6 Straight Home Games (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ahmed Musa: I Forced The Coach To Play Me by lilfreezy: 1:54pm On Jun 24, 2019
Ahmed Musa said he virtually forced Super Eagles’ coach Gernot Rohr to allow him play a part in last Saturday’s 2019 AFCON opener against the Swallows of Burundi which ended 1-0 in favour of Nigeria.

Musa was still recovering from an illness few days to the match and didn’t start against Burundi as Rohr deployed Alex Iwobi and Samuel Chukwueze to operate from the wings but the Al Nassr of Saudi Arabia he told the coach he was ready to play.

”I was eager to come in but I know that I fell ill, so the coach talked to me. As you can see Shehu too was ill. At the beginning of the game he was injured, so that’s what the coach was a little bit worried about that.

”Finally I came in and the the game changed and we had the three points, that’s the most important thing.”
”Every first game in a tournament is very difficult, the most important thing is that we have the three points,”

Musa told reporters in the mixed zone.

Musa came off the bench in the 58th minute as replacement for former Chelsea midfielder John Obi Mikel.

https://sportinglife.ng/musa-i-forced-the-coach-to-play-me/

13 Likes

Re: Ahmed Musa: I Forced The Coach To Play Me by Abbeyme: 3:59pm On Jun 24, 2019
You say what??

You mean you forced the win on us??

Must everything be by force in this country??

TO WIN NA BY FORCE !!! grin grin grin

102 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ahmed Musa: I Forced The Coach To Play Me by NameChecker: 4:00pm On Jun 24, 2019
really
Re: Ahmed Musa: I Forced The Coach To Play Me by princeFAD: 4:00pm On Jun 24, 2019
ok
Re: Ahmed Musa: I Forced The Coach To Play Me by Neddstark: 4:00pm On Jun 24, 2019
Alhaji Aboki Musa.
The best player of Northern Origin we have had since Daniel Amokachi.
The highest Nigerian goal scorer at the World Cup
I salute you boss

113 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ahmed Musa: I Forced The Coach To Play Me by generaliy: 4:00pm On Jun 24, 2019
K
Re: Ahmed Musa: I Forced The Coach To Play Me by ShitHead(m): 4:00pm On Jun 24, 2019
Forced him at gun point abi?

Boko boy. E dey your blood.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ahmed Musa: I Forced The Coach To Play Me by dalass(f): 4:00pm On Jun 24, 2019
He's feeling cool now as if he scored a goal grin grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ahmed Musa: I Forced The Coach To Play Me by gen2briz(m): 4:01pm On Jun 24, 2019
Na force them force me self before I watched una match.

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ahmed Musa: I Forced The Coach To Play Me by itsme01: 4:01pm On Jun 24, 2019
angry

If Rohr had started musa earlier enough at the worldcup we would have managed to reach the next round.. but this mans tactics isn't agressive enough.

Imagine Musa been the captain of many of our qualifier matches and mikel came from no where to change our formation....

16 Likes

Re: Ahmed Musa: I Forced The Coach To Play Me by PrinceKevin01: 4:01pm On Jun 24, 2019
lilfreezy:

https://sportinglife.ng/musa-i-forced-the-coach-to-play-me/

Hnmm
The last time I checked, it is called the power of the cabal
Re: Ahmed Musa: I Forced The Coach To Play Me by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jun 24, 2019
How’s that anyhow our business. ?

1 Like

Re: Ahmed Musa: I Forced The Coach To Play Me by ojoadeola: 4:01pm On Jun 24, 2019
well done
Re: Ahmed Musa: I Forced The Coach To Play Me by Mrshape: 4:01pm On Jun 24, 2019
Make we hear word abeg, must you talk everything?

2 Likes

Re: Ahmed Musa: I Forced The Coach To Play Me by MrTobi94: 4:01pm On Jun 24, 2019
Musa they play abeg

7 Likes

Re: Ahmed Musa: I Forced The Coach To Play Me by lilfreezy: 4:01pm On Jun 24, 2019
He has pace, no doubt but during the game he couldn't make one accurate cross. I'd rather have onyekuru/kalu----iwobi----chukwueze playing behind ighalo

5 Likes

Re: Ahmed Musa: I Forced The Coach To Play Me by majamajic(m): 4:01pm On Jun 24, 2019
nice
Re: Ahmed Musa: I Forced The Coach To Play Me by Magnifico2000: 4:01pm On Jun 24, 2019
Winning the trophy is the most important thing to Nigerians.

3 Likes

Re: Ahmed Musa: I Forced The Coach To Play Me by chudez0147(m): 4:02pm On Jun 24, 2019
Why?? But you changed nothing

1 Like

Re: Ahmed Musa: I Forced The Coach To Play Me by Kureh(m): 4:02pm On Jun 24, 2019
Why?
Re: Ahmed Musa: I Forced The Coach To Play Me by xaliujokes(m): 4:02pm On Jun 24, 2019
Nice speech there Mr. Musa
I hope the speech continues to bring more glories to naija! Not just that first Match. Naija needs prayers oo

1 Like

Re: Ahmed Musa: I Forced The Coach To Play Me by WinningEleven(m): 4:02pm On Jun 24, 2019
Re: Ahmed Musa: I Forced The Coach To Play Me by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jun 24, 2019
You didn't forced the coach to play you, rather you pleaded with him to play you and you assured him that you feel better and reassured him not to worry over your health because he was very concerned about your health first.

15 Likes

Re: Ahmed Musa: I Forced The Coach To Play Me by Magnifico2000: 4:03pm On Jun 24, 2019
Neddstark:
Alhaji Aboki Musa.
The best player of Northern Origin we have had since Daniel Amokachi.
The highest Nigerian goal scorer at the World Cup
I salute you boss
I beg to differ with that assertion. Sani Keita is the best player ever from the North side of the country

3 Likes

Re: Ahmed Musa: I Forced The Coach To Play Me by deavicky(m): 4:03pm On Jun 24, 2019
It's true bi was there when he pleaded with coach
Re: Ahmed Musa: I Forced The Coach To Play Me by Oklander: 4:03pm On Jun 24, 2019
There's no where he said he forced the coach. This is a nonsense and retar.ded reportage.

2 Likes

Re: Ahmed Musa: I Forced The Coach To Play Me by kamokaze10(m): 4:03pm On Jun 24, 2019
Now... that's what I call true sportsmanship
Despite been sick...the desire to play for team was burning inside him

Make that chukwueze start on Wednesday Sha...I see a bright future for the guy

1 Like

Re: Ahmed Musa: I Forced The Coach To Play Me by donvicky2007: 4:03pm On Jun 24, 2019
A patriotic citizen, always ready to put a smile on the face of football loving Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Ahmed Musa: I Forced The Coach To Play Me by Tunasco4u(m): 4:03pm On Jun 24, 2019
Musa my guy, love you

1 Like

Re: Ahmed Musa: I Forced The Coach To Play Me by Neddstark: 4:04pm On Jun 24, 2019
Magnifico2000:

I beg to differ with that assertion. Sani Keita is the best player ever from the North side of the country

You mean that animal that wanted to be a herdsman on the field. Him and Yakubu messed up that World Cup outing

16 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mikel Obi Spends Time With His Twin Girls, Ava And Mia / Ahmed Musa celebrate Buhari's victory with amazing Zanku dance steps / Arsenal Confirm 8 Players That Will Leave This Summer [full List]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.