Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,867 members, 7,844,810 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 08:08 AM

Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (433) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe (1086395 Views)

Arsenal Vs Bayern Munich : UCL (2 - 0) On 20th October 2015 / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (430) (431) (432) (433) (434) (435) (436) ... (1042) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by raumdeuter: 3:13pm On Apr 17, 2016
Roland17:
Matt Hummels has to rank top 5 defender with great ball technique.. His passing, composure and movement with the ball is class, saw him display this skill against Liverpool and today he is doing same against Hamburg.

Hummels is good going forward but poor defending. His pattern is to move towards midfield to thwart attacking moves before they build up, when he succeeds he looks great but when he misses he looks like an idiot

The meltdown vs Liverpool was mainly due to his lack of leadership in that defence where Lovren and Sakho were getting free headers in dead balls

1 Like

Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by Roland17(m): 3:25pm On Apr 17, 2016
raumdeuter:

Hummels is good going forward but poor defending. His pattern is to move towards midfield to thwart attacking moves before they build up, when he succeeds he looks great but when he misses he looks like an idiot

The meltdown vs Liverpool was mainly due to his lack of leadership in that defence where Lovren and Sakho were getting free headers in dead balls

The reason I intentionally skipped some aspect of his defending, I believe he not as bad as you are painting him. he is not a high volume tackler of the ball either however I love his timing and 1v1 defending especially against a pact attacker.

Defending set pieces, or any sort of crossing has been an issue for BVB this season, they have lost leads but I love what tuchel is doing with the roaster, a lot of young players coming in.
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by raumdeuter: 4:07pm On Apr 17, 2016
Roland17:

The reason I intentionally skipped some aspect of his defending, I believe he not as bad as you are painting him. he is not a high volume tackler of the ball either however I love his timing and 1v1 defending especially against a pact attacker.

Defending set pieces, or any sort of crossing has been an issue for BVB this season, they have lost leads but I love what tuchel is doing with the roaster, a lot of young players coming in.

What Tuchel is doing is great he's changing the way they play but he might run out of time soon because Guardiola is taking gundogan to city. Hummels looks like he's going to Barcelona and Mikitaryan future still hangs in the air.

Pulisic Weigl and other youngsters won't win you anything. I heard he wants to buy Dahoud from Mochengladbach, Yunus Malli from Mainz but can those make you a force in Europe? Forget they're plundering the rest of the bundesliga like they always accuse bayern of.
At this point I don't mind Götze returning to them but they still need a lot of cover to be a force if they don't win soon their top players would start looking for where they can win.

Reus has never won any title and he'll be 28 soon
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by Roland17(m): 4:35pm On Apr 17, 2016
raumdeuter:

What Tuchel is doing is great he's changing the way they play but he might run out of time soon because Guardiola is taking gundogan to city. Hummels looks like he's going to Barcelona and Mikitaryan future still hangs in the air.

Pulisic Weigl and other youngsters won't win you anything. I heard he wants to buy Dahoud from Mochengladbach, Yunus Malli from Mainz but can those make you a force in Europe? Forget they're plundering the rest of the bundesliga like they always accuse bayern of.
At this point I don't mind Götze returning to them but they still need a lot of cover to be a force if they don't win soon their top players would start looking for where they can win.

Reus has never won any title and he'll be 28 soon

This is the reality of what BVB has to deal with in this generation...they are what they are.. A selling club, the organization and Tuchel understands they would inevitably lose the core of their experienced players, still some doubts about Reus staying either ways and the reason they are buying young again...

I don't think the expectation for the roaster is to win the champions league, naaaa...maybe make Bayern sweat for the league next season and qualify for the champions league again but nothing extra ordinary baring a miracle .... Maybe Europa league which they flopped during the week.
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by SIRcumalot: 9:55pm On Apr 17, 2016
A40:

If there was a set-piece (corner or free-kick) and you saw Ramos coming forward would you put a defender on him or not?

He is playing further from goal than he used to at Juve. Let me that follows Bayern and the BuLi tell you. Change in position does not make him magically forget how to score brah
defenders are normally threat from corners and set piece.
we'll just have to wait for that day.
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by A40(m): 6:15pm On Apr 19, 2016
The TANK is back in training

Rumor has it we have signed some 16 year old from Luxembourg. He would play with the U-19's till 2018
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by raumdeuter: 6:28pm On Apr 19, 2016
Yes to both news

This guy on twitter gives some up to date Bayern news

https://twitter.com/MiaSanMiaNews
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by A40(m): 8:40pm On Apr 19, 2016
Yeah I dey follow that ninja. That's how I got the info

Also said we are meeting with BVB over Götze. Smh

Second half underway. Müller with the goal thanks to an Alonso corner

Gotta hope Boateng gets to a 100 quickly. Alaba at CB dey give me palpitations
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by A40(m): 11:27pm On Apr 19, 2016
Berlin bound. Now to fight for Milan
Thomas Mueller with his 150th and 151st for Bayern
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by pelvicky(m): 11:40pm On Apr 19, 2016
A40:
Berlin bound. Now to fight for Milan
Thomas Mueller with his 150th and 151st for Bayern
pep finally gave your boy a start

hope his performance deserve a start in UCL final
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by A40(m): 11:46pm On Apr 19, 2016
pelvicky:
pep finally gave your boy a start

hope his performance deserve a start in UCL final
Igbayi laaro. He don crush the boy confidence finish. Let's see though

We really didn't play too well. Got given a laughable penalty and I'm just hopeful we step up vs Atleti
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by raumdeuter: 11:48pm On Apr 19, 2016
I am hoping if Boateng is not fit at least Martinez and Benatia are able to start in Central defence. No Kimmich or Alaba vs Atletico in central defence

They would murder us on dead balls
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by A40(m): 12:07am On Apr 20, 2016
I'd prefer Alaba on the flanks obviously. The key is who partners him on the left. Hopefully not Ribery

The koko now is does Benatia start this weekend? He really needs to build up his match sharpness. He's been stop n go all-season
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by raumdeuter: 12:19am On Apr 20, 2016
Ideally I would have preferred the

Lahm--Benatia--Boatank--Alaba
--Martinez-Vidal

Combo for defence to midfield but at this point I just want 2 of the 3 Martinez, benatia, Boateng in Central defence

we need to nulify atleti aerial threat
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by pkasso(m): 6:43am On Apr 20, 2016
No trashing this time around for Bremen. Treble dream getting closer by the day. Eyes on Atletico next week.
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by raumdeuter: 2:19pm On Apr 20, 2016
Neuer extends contract till 2021

[img]http://pbs.twimg.com/media/CgehCwhUsAArdjV.jpg:large[/img]
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by A40(m): 2:24pm On Apr 20, 2016
Na Goetze and Lewandowski remain. Though Lewa's case isn't so pressing

P&G Deutschland join the Bayern family
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by A40(m): 2:29pm On Apr 20, 2016
raumdeuter:
Ideally I would have preferred the

Lahm--Benatia--Boatank--Alaba
--Martinez-Vidal

Combo for defence to midfield but at this point I just want 2 of the 3 Martinez, benatia, Boateng in Central defence

we need to nulify atleti aerial threat
We would most likely see Javi at the back beside Benatia. Boateng I am not sure can start in the first leg after missing 3 months.

The koko is who pairs Vidal in midfield. Thiago or Alonso
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by raumdeuter: 2:53pm On Apr 20, 2016
A40:
We would most likely see Javi at the back beside Benatia. Boateng I am not sure can start in the first leg after missing 3 months.

The koko is who pairs Vidal in midfield. Thiago or Alonso

Though Alonslow is susceptible to counter but I still prefer the height and physicality he offers over Thiagos sleekiness

The away game we need to score a goal, Atletico wouldnt mind 0-0 at home. We need as many away goals as possible
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by A40(m): 7:34pm On Apr 20, 2016
raumdeuter:

Though Alonslow is susceptible to counter but I still prefer the height and physicality he offers over Thiagos sleekiness

The away game we need to score a goal, Atletico wouldnt mind 0-0 at home. We need as many away goals as possible
Ordinarily I would have gone with Thiago but Alonso is our deadliest set-piece taker. Guys like Müller, Javi and Benatia can take advantage of his deliveries

Another conundrum is who starts between Coman and Franck. Ribery was rubbish last night. Some stuff he did I'd expect from Bebe or Oxlade Chamberlain
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by A40(m): 8:43pm On Apr 20, 2016
Godin picked up a thigh/hamstring injury. Looks pretty serious
Dortmund leading in their semifinal as well
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by Lordave: 4:14pm On Apr 21, 2016
3 man central defence would be preferable.

Boateng Martinez Benatia

Lahm and Alaba at the back wings.

Vidal and Thiago(We need creativity in the midfield, we need someone to deliver killer passes from the midfield, we can't just rely on Costa and Lahm's crossings to beat Atletico who are quite good in aerial balls.)

Costa Lewandoski and Muller
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by A40(m): 11:04pm On Apr 21, 2016
Lordave:
3 man central defence would be preferable.

Boateng Martinez Benatia

Lahm and Alaba at the back wings.

Vidal and Thiago(We need creativity in the midfield, we need someone to deliver killer passes from the midfield, we can't just rely on Costa and Lahm's crossings to beat Atletico who are quite good in aerial balls.)

Costa Lewandoski and Muller
Not a bad formation at all. Only problem is Boateng has missed 3 months of football. If he can go this weekend then he is definitely a contender for Wednesday
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by Lordave: 11:52pm On Apr 21, 2016
A40:

Not a bad formation at all. Only problem is Boateng has missed 3 months of football. If he can go this weekend then he is definitely a contender for Wednesday
I hope he's fully fit for the match, I'm afraid there might be a relapse if he isn't 100% fit.
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by raumdeuter: 11:55pm On Apr 21, 2016
I dont think Boateng would feature in the Atletico first leg. We can only hope we make it through without him and he plays the final

A long 3 months injury might be too risky to play him in such a high stakes game also wouldnt want to jeopardize his Euro 2016 chances

With those type of long term injury cases you would notice they always start with say 5 mins sub, 15mins sub, 30mins sub, second half sub before starting games
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by raumdeuter: 9:51am On Apr 22, 2016
Roland17:

This is the reality of what BVB has to deal with in this generation...they are what they are.. A selling club, the organization and Tuchel understands they would inevitably lose the core of their experienced players, still some doubts about Reus staying either ways and the reason they are buying young again...

I don't think the expectation for the roaster is to win the champions league, naaaa...maybe make Bayern sweat for the league next season and qualify for the champions league again but nothing extra ordinary baring a miracle .... Maybe Europa league which they flopped during the week.

Sequel to this. Rumors now floating that Hummels might prefer to return to Bayern the club he learnt his football.

He's not going to be my first choice but he's better than benatia or Badstuber who can't stay fit.

Personally I would have preferred Mustafi who's younger
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by A40(m): 1:20am On Apr 23, 2016
Didn't Valencia put €50m on Mustafi?

Anyway not a fan of Hummels coming back to Bayern

Keen to see who we field vs Hertha. Personally I'd rest Müller, Vidal, Alaba, Lahm and allow Götze or Coman audition for a potential start vs Atleti

Yeah we can't have Ribery start that match
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by raumdeuter: 3:31am On Apr 23, 2016
I would prefer Martinez and Benatia starting in central defence to get them accustomed before Atletico
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by Roland17(m): 4:12am On Apr 23, 2016
raumdeuter:

Sequel to this. Rumors now floating that Hummels might prefer to return to Bayern the club he learnt his football.

He's not going to be my first choice but he's better than benatia or Badstuber who can't stay fit.

Personally I would have preferred Mustafi who's younger

I would not be surprised if there is substance to this rumor, he turns 28 at the end of the, this is his most important contract decision, he has to be pragmatic, joining Bayern would accord him a softer landing considering he does not have to worry about adapting to another style of play in a different league.

There is an obvious dearth in quality defenders in today's footie, so there would be serious tussle for his services.
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by raumdeuter: 4:31am On Apr 23, 2016
Roland17:
I would not be surprised if there is substance to this rumor, he turns 28 at the end of the, this is his most important contract decision, he has to be pragmatic, joining Bayern would accord him a softer landing considering he does not have to worry about adapting to another style of play in a different league.

There is an obvious dearth in quality defenders in today's footie, so there would be serious tussle for his services.

His dad came out to say Hummels if he doesnt renew with dortmund can only go to like 6 clubs Bayern Madrid Barca and City, he also included Man Utd and Atletico

Madrid have Varane, Ramos who just got a contract and Pepe, As good as Hummels is he might not play regularly
Barca have Pique, Mascherano and are rumoured to be sealing a deal for Marquinhos
City have Mangala, Kompany, Otamendi They might have openings in defence and are a good option
Atletico can spend big but they wont soend big on a central defender when they have Savic, Godin and Gimenez plus Hernandez
Man Utd - He wants to win and United isnt the best choice if he really want to win trophies
Then comes Bayern We most likely are getting rid of Benatia and Badstuber who are almost permanently crocked and pretty useless to us

Given the obvious dearth in quality and healthy defenders I think Hummels would be considered a safe bet with little risk. He would be joining Players he knew in youth academy and in the National team

1 Like

Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by edoyad(m): 2:12pm On Apr 23, 2016
raumdeuter:
I would prefer Martinez and Benatia starting in central defence to get them accustomed before Atletico

In all honesty, do you believe Bayern stand a chance against Athletico ? We're talking Athletico Madrid here dude, it doesn't matter who starts for you
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by raumdeuter: 3:17pm On Apr 23, 2016
edoyad:

In all honesty, do you believe Bayern stand a chance against Athletico ? We're talking Athletico Madrid here dude, it doesn't matter who starts for you

What are the chances of your team winning a league title in your lifetime? Spurs or Leicester even have a better chance than you

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (430) (431) (432) (433) (434) (435) (436) ... (1042) (Reply)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.