Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,919 members, 7,814,096 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:41 AM

Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (816) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe (1073678 Views)

Arsenal Vs Bayern Munich : UCL (2 - 0) On 20th October 2015 / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (813) (814) (815) (816) (817) (818) (819) ... (1040) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by raumdeuter: 4:46pm On May 03, 2018
sinizia:

Well, I guess it's down to personal choices. But as for me, if I'm looking for a balance, I'll go for Alaba, if I'm looking to attack only like Pep, I'll go for Marcelo.

Alaba has declined a lot In attacking and in defence. He can barely put in a decent cross anymore. Marcelo is the most creative Madrid player from Left back. He is alike a playmaker from defence

I will say maybe Defence Alaba 70 Marcelo 60, Attack Alaba 40 Marcelo 90

3 Likes

Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by sinizia: 4:50pm On May 03, 2018
raumdeuter:

Alaba has declined a lot In attacking and in defence. He can barely put in a decent cross anymore. Marcelo is the most creative Madrid player from Left back. He is alike a playmaker from defence

Okay then. I don't watch too many Bundesliga matches, so I can't really vouch for Alaba that much.

1 Like

Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by sinizia: 4:53pm On May 03, 2018
Eruditor:

I am not reading too much. Once Ibime has an agenda he goes at it full throttle (See Emenalo for example).

What I would say is, Marcelo’s defending is underrated because of what he does going forward. Alaba had potential but he has depreciated a bit. If you are hyping Alaba because of Tuesday’s showing then recency bias is what is causing it. Remember that Vasquez (who is no Rb) played that position so even daddy Ribery was feeding.

Even Sandro that they hyped earlier on cannot lace Marcelo’s boot.

I don't personally underrate Marcelo's defending, I just feel if he can strike a balance between attacking and defending, he'll be the perfect LB in the world. But that notwithstanding, I think he's the best in the game presently, just that he's defensively not great which I want my defenders to be.
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by Eruditor: 5:00pm On May 03, 2018
sinizia:

I don't personally underrate Marcelo's defending, I just feel if he can strike a balance between attacking and defending, he'll be the perfect LB in the world. But that notwithstanding, I think he's the best in the game presently, just that he's defensively not great which I want my defenders to be.

I actually agree with you just that Madrid depend on him so much going forward that he will always be caught napping atimes defending. He can hold his own in a purely defensive setup.

1 Like

Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by raumdeuter: 5:03pm On May 03, 2018
sinizia:

Eruditor:

I actually agree with you just that Madrid depend on him so much going forward that he will always be caught napping atimes defending. He can hold his own in a purely defensive setup.

You underrate Marcelos defending because he has absolutely no one in front of him as the left winger to cover him since Ronaldo the supposed Left winger is never there to cover him so he is usually exposed and doubleteamed 2 vs 1 vs Winger and full back. Despite that Marcelo still owns that wing fully

While Alaba always has Ribery

1 Like

Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by usbcable(m): 7:14pm On May 03, 2018
raumdeuter:

Marcelo is worse than 60 in defending. Maybe 50.
Attack wise sha. He is kiss
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by Ibime(m): 7:19pm On May 03, 2018
I haven't been watching Bundesliga but what Alaba showed me on Tuesday shows he still got it. I believe he lost focus on leftback duties some years back by trying to shoehorn himself into his preferred midfield position by fire, by force.

As for how Elruditor tried to link this conversation to Pep, my brain would pain me too much to try to decipher his logic
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by Lordave: 7:39pm On May 03, 2018
A40:
Nihilist and Elrony are just trolling. They know better

See the penalty Liverpool just conceded at the death. Was it ball to yansh? Marcelo's offense was far more grevious but a sensible ref knows ball to hand can also be PKs especially in Marcelo's case
That was a clear penalty and not even up for debate.

Marcelo's hand was obviously hanging out, there's a reason sensible defenders always put their hands together behind them or crosses them through their chest.

WHEN IN THE CAUSE OF "DEFENDING A SHOT OR A CROSS" AND YOUR HANDS MAKE CONTACT WITH THE BALL WHILE THEY'RE NOT GLUED TO YOUR BODY, IT'S A FOUL

Look at the penalty awarded to Roma last night .
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by A40(m): 8:34pm On May 03, 2018
Loool on current form sha I can't compare Alaba to Marcelo. When I'm not mad
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by A40(m): 8:44pm On May 03, 2018
Ibime:
I haven't been watching Bundesliga but what Alaba showed me on Tuesday shows he still got it. I believe he lost focus on leftback duties some years back by trying to shoehorn himself into his preferred midfield position by fire, by force.

As for how Elruditor tried to link this conversation to Pep, my brain would pain me too much to try to decipher his logic
You're right. He plays in midfield for country and I'm sure deep down at Bayern too he wishes he was a midfielder. Just look at Kimmich who started off as a midfielder and wasn't even a natural fullback. He has now embraced the position and is beasting at it
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by Ibime(m): 8:56pm On May 03, 2018
A40:
You're right. He plays in midfield for country and I'm sure deep down at Bayern too he wishes he was a midfielder. Just look at Kimmich who started off as a midfielder and wasn't even a natural fullback. He has now embraced the position and is beasting at it

No be matter of deep down. It was widely reported that he is fed up with not playing midfield and he tried to make Bayern acede to it during contract negotiations some years back.
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by Eruditor: 9:02pm On May 03, 2018
Ibime:

Those who know, know.

Stay woke.

1 Like

Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by Nihilstjnr: 2:15pm On May 04, 2018
Lordave:
That was a clear penalty and not even up for debate.

Marcelo's hand was obviously hanging out, there's a reason sensible defenders always put their hands together behind them or crosses them through their chest.

WHEN IN THE CAUSE OF "DEFENDING A SHOT OR A CROSS" AND YOUR HANDS MAKE CONTACT WITH THE BALL WHILE THEY'RE NOT GLUED TO YOUR BODY, IT'S A FOUL

Look at the penalty awarded to Roma last night .

Ball to hand is not a penalty

you guys need to give it up. it's over.

The next stage is acceptance...

acceptance of the fact that you are the new Celtic. grin

4 Likes

Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by Lordave: 5:59pm On May 04, 2018
Nihilstjnr:

I'm not bitter about it, before the match ended I already said that I was happy with our performance.

I just saw the argument about the possible penalty incident and decided to give my opinion on the issue.
So whether we are the new Celtic or Old Lyon doesn't negate the fact that we are better than the Premier league best.

4 Likes

Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by Lordave: 6:27pm On May 04, 2018
Ibime:

Same thought.
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by usbcable(m): 8:13pm On May 04, 2018
Liverpool already put as the Champion yet some people think and strongly believed UEFA is backing Real Madrid

Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by usbcable(m): 8:14pm On May 04, 2018
Nihilstjnr:

You have no joy shaaaaa grin

You wantto finish egbon Dayo
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by Lordave: 1:46pm On May 05, 2018
The rumours about Dybala is heating up.

I would like him here.
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by raumdeuter: 1:49pm On May 05, 2018
Lordave:
The rumours about Dybala is heating up.

I would like him here.

Personally I will prefer Griezman to Dybala
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by popizaino(m): 3:23pm On May 05, 2018
Lordave:
A40 once said there was a time Alaba used to be better than Marcelo but someone disagreed.
There was never a time Alaba was better than marcelo. If he is taking 2013 as case study when bayern won the ucl then we might as well agree that contrao too was better than marcelo because that was what mourinho made his fans to understand which is not true.
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by Adisaowalla: 6:23pm On May 05, 2018
popizaino:
There was never a time Alaba was better than marcelo. If he is taking 2013 as case study when bayern won the ucl

I dont get how this correlates with...

popizaino:

then we might as well agree that contrao too was better than marcelo because that was what mourinho made his fans to understand which is not true.

This!!!
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by popizaino(m): 8:19pm On May 05, 2018
Adisaowalla:

I dont get how this correlates with...

This!!!
He meant in 2013 when bayern won the ucl alaba was better than marcelo.but if you judge marcelo with 2013 season you might as well think coentrao was a better than marcelo self cos mourinho made it seem as if marcelo was useless.

In summary mourinho was the one who made people think alaba was better than marcelo because he didn't use marcelo to his full strength and preferred contrao.
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by A40(m): 11:12pm On May 05, 2018
popizaino:
There was never a time Alaba was better than marcelo. If he is taking 2013 as case study when bayern won the ucl then we might as well agree that contrao too was better than marcelo because that was what mourinho made his fans to understand which is not true.
Ancelotti also hated Marcelo? Bruhh!

2013 and 2014 Alaba was definitely better than Marcelo! Biko I no get time for any jejune debate

Matter of fact go and argue with UEFA who put him there 3 years in a row at Marcelo's expense
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by A40(m): 1:05am On May 06, 2018
This Lewandowski no kuku get shame. APA! In the biggest game of the season you were outscored by a friggin fullback
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by Lordave: 6:03am On May 06, 2018
raumdeuter:

Personally I will prefer Griezman to Dybala
Same but he will cost a lot more and the board may not approve that.

Who is more injury prone?
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by Lordave: 6:07am On May 06, 2018
popizaino:
Alaba of 2012-2014 was better than Marcelo.
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by raumdeuter: 1:09pm On May 06, 2018
Lordave:
Same but he will cost a lot more and the board may not approve that.
Who is more injury prone?

I think both of them are fairly healthy. Though Dybala is younger, I think Griezman is more explosive and sharper in front of goal
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by raumdeuter: 3:35pm On May 07, 2018
Ribery extends contract, What a disgrace, He obviously has no shame and our board lacks ambition too.

All Ribery has been doing lately is those monkey post Hazard like dribbles with no end product yet we reward him with an extension

2 Likes

Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by raumdeuter: 6:58pm On May 07, 2018
Dortmund announce Lucien Favre as head coach

1 Like

Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by A40(m): 10:48pm On May 07, 2018
raumdeuter:
Ribery extends contract, What a disgrace, He obviously has no shame and our board lacks ambition too.

All Ribery has been doing lately is those monkey post Hazard like dribbles with no end product yet we reward him with an extension
What a disgrace. When Liverpool are trying to land Fekir!

Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by A40(m): 10:50pm On May 07, 2018
raumdeuter:
Dortmund announce Lucien Favre as head coach
Hope he can make Dortmund relevant again. That's the only team that can awake us from our slumber like they did in 2011 and 2012
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by raumdeuter: 10:59pm On May 07, 2018
A40:
Hope he can make Dortmund relevant again. That's the only team that can awake us from our slumber like they did in 2011 and 2012

The team have a lot of potential but their management are even worse than ours

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (813) (814) (815) (816) (817) (818) (819) ... (1040) (Reply)

R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.