Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,876 members, 7,813,989 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:32 PM

Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (815) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe (1073444 Views)

Arsenal Vs Bayern Munich : UCL (2 - 0) On 20th October 2015 / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (812) (813) (814) (815) (816) (817) (818) ... (1040) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by elrony(m): 7:48pm On May 02, 2018
raumdeuter:

Marcelo himself said it was a penalty. And Marcelo is a footballer who was on the field and can give us a more reliable account than those sitting in supersport

Is Marcelo a certified referee?

Why not blame the stadium for your loss too cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by raumdeuter: 7:50pm On May 02, 2018
elrony:

Is Marcelo a certified referee?

Why not blame the stadium for your loss too cheesy grin

Marcelo was the one on the field who handled the ball, He is a pro football and confessed it was a penalty
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by elrony(m): 7:54pm On May 02, 2018
raumdeuter:

Marcelo was the one on the field who handled the ball, He is a pro football and confessed it was a penalty

Egbon that's a ball to hand, thoroughly analysed during half time on supersports.

Abi no ball no dey touch person for hand again?..

Show us where Marcelo said "It's a penalty"

Stop blaming the ref for your loss!!!

You can't eat your L and have it sir!!! cool
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by elrony(m): 7:56pm On May 02, 2018
Skimpledawg:

I'm waiting on you

I dey o!!!
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by Nihilstjnr: 7:58pm On May 02, 2018
raumdeuter:

This is the translation from reddit

Translation of what he says:

Journalist: At one point it looks like the ball hits your hand.

Marcelo: Yeah, it does, it hits my hand.

Journalist: So it's a penalty, then?

Marcelo: Well, if it hits my hand, I think so, but - right, you know that for a long time I haven't spoken about referees. Many times, referees have made mistakes against us... and now, I can't just come and talk about the referee again, because... when the referee makes a mistake in our favour, I'm not going to talk. I could see it coming [a bit unclear to me what he means here: either the question, that he'd be asked about it, or the referee making a mistake in their favour] - that's right.

brief cut in the interview and then he continues

It is what it is. The referee - it's hard, right, 'cause there's lots of players in front of him and so on, well - if I tell you it didn't touch my hand, I'm a liar.

like I said

"I think so" is not the same as "it's a definite pen"

ball to hand bro
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by raumdeuter: 8:34pm On May 02, 2018
Nihilstjnr:

like I said

"I think so" is not the same as "it's a definite pen"

ball to hand bro

This is straw catching at its best and you know it

Nihilist did you fart? I think so.
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by A40(m): 9:46pm On May 02, 2018
Nihilist and Elrony are just trolling. They know better

See the penalty Liverpool just conceded at the death. Was it ball to yansh? Marcelo's offense was far more grevious but a sensible ref knows ball to hand can also be PKs especially in Marcelo's case
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by usbcable(m): 10:09pm On May 02, 2018
A40:
Nihilist and Elrony are just trolling. They know better

See the penalty Liverpool just conceded at the death. Was it ball to yansh? Marcelo's offense was far more grevious but a sensible ref knows ball to hand can also be PKs especially in Marcelo's case
Roma was denied a more clear penalty call than the one given.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by A40(m): 12:02am On May 03, 2018
usbcable:

Roma was denied a more clear penalty call than the one given.
That's besides the point. Strictly speaking this foul was not as egregious as Marcelo's and any ref that could not see it from that range has no business officiating games of that magnitude.

1 Like

Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by Ibime(m): 12:09am On May 03, 2018
Eruditor:

Roma knocked out Barca but is it 2011 Barca or 2015 Barca they knocked out? Are they all the same?

That RM team beat Barca in the CDL final. Competed for the league till the last game of the season then won the UCL beating ATM 4-1. The last year's RM won the league and UCL. This RM gave up on the league since, crashed out of the cups since and decided to give EVERYTHING to the UCL.

Summarily, in their waning days, with 2 managers we heard will beat them, RM still knocked out Bayern.

You talk as if Bayern of 2018 is anything remotely close to Bayern of 2014. Bayern of 2014 were arguably the best team in the world. Half that team won 2014 World Cup, they were back-to-back UCL finalists, defending UCL Champions and the most dominant UCL team with a peak Robbery, Muller, Kroos and the world's best 2 fullbacks at the time.

If Pep can disgrace Bayern of 2014 and Heynckes can play so well with Bayern of 2018, then we should all know who the fraud is.

4 Likes

Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by afrodoc2: 12:22am On May 03, 2018
Pep disgraced out of champs league, Don Jupp beaten but not disgraced, Pepeyes scrambling around for excuses...... Odin has never been more wonderful cheesy

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by Eruditor: 1:39am On May 03, 2018
Ibime:

You talk as if Bayern of 2018 is anything remotely close to Bayern of 2014. Bayern of 2014 were arguably the best team in the world. Half that team won 2014 World Cup, they were back-to-back UCL finalists, defending UCL Champions and the most dominant UCL team with a peak Robbery, Muller, Kroos and the world's best 2 fullbacks at the time.

If Pep can disgrace Bayern of 2014 and Heynckes can play so well with Bayern of 2018, then we should all know who the fraud is.

They won the world cup after Pep took over the team not before. Lie 1. I can shred your post one after the other to expose the obvious misrepresentations but I won't.

I don't understand what play so well means. Abi can you prove Bayern did not play so well when RM beat them under Pep?

You can't make the argument 2 ways. You can't say a fraud lost to RM but every other person who lost to the same RM are not frauds. It makes no sense.

2 Likes

Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by usbcable(m): 6:49am On May 03, 2018
A40:
That's besides the point. Strictly speaking this foul was not as egregious as Marcelo's and any ref that could not see it from that range has no business officiating games of that magnitude.

We don gree say the Marcelo incidence was a handball.
You still wan die on top am. smiley

There were more obvious handballs than that of Marcelo yesterday that the referee waved away too abi na lie?

Roma had 2 penalties not called too. Except you are saying that UEFA wanted a Real Madrid Liverpool final which I won't be surprised you saying based on your current stance.

2 Likes

Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by Lordave: 11:31am On May 03, 2018
A40:
Mueller was a low key wasteman in this tie. He used to be our X-Factor in ties like this but these days he's just an X and a no-factor.

They should just give Kimmich the armband till Neuer returns. That boy is a lion! He and James are the only guys I really felt bad for in this tie
I think Tolisso and Thiago deserve some credit too, they worked their ass off, many interceptions.

We would have won the match only if Ribery knew when to pass the ball.
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by Lordave: 11:38am On May 03, 2018
Ibime:

A40 once said there was a time Alaba used to be better than Marcelo but someone disagreed.
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by Ibime(m): 11:40am On May 03, 2018
Lordave:
A40 once said there was a time Alaba used to be better than Marcelo but someone disagreed.

He probably still is. Marcelo is only good going forward.
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by A40(m): 1:07pm On May 03, 2018
Lordave:
Alaba lacked longevity but for those two seasons who born Marcelo papa? I think Alaba's problems started when he had to play at Center back due to injuries
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by monerozi5590: 1:16pm On May 03, 2018
Ibime:

He probably still is. Marcelo is only good going forward.

He probably still is. How? lemme not say anything. You are entitled to your opinion.

No left back in the world is better than Mercelo.
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by monerozi5590: 1:27pm On May 03, 2018
Ibime, Why is Mercelo always on the FIFA FIFpro World11 if Alaba is probably still better than him just like you said?
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by A40(m): 1:38pm On May 03, 2018
Lordave:
I think Tolisso and Thiago deserve some credit too, they worked their ass off, many interceptions.

We would have won the match only if Ribery knew when to pass the ball.
Tolisso and Thiago tried but I don't think they provided enough quality forward passes to help the team. In a game we lacked real width perhaps they could have done better.

Ribery and Robben are just selfish and bereft of shame else I don't see how they've not announced their exits from Bayern by season end
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by Ibime(m): 2:09pm On May 03, 2018
monerozi5590:
Ibime, Why is Mercelo always on the FIFA FIFpro World11 if Alaba is probably still better than him just like you said?

He deserves it as Madrid keep winning UCL and Marcelo has produced some fantastic attacking returns in those victories. If Bayern were winning UCL, Alaba would be the one recognised

However as a coach, I would never pick Marcelo over Alaba because Alaba attacking is also good but they are not mates in defending.

You can ask Brazil coaches more about that.
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by raumdeuter: 3:00pm On May 03, 2018
Looks like Dortmund is trying to get Favre or Sarri

Decision to be made after CL is secured or not
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by monerozi5590: 3:18pm On May 03, 2018
Ibime:

He deserves it as Madrid keep winning UCL and Marcelo has produced some fantastic attacking returns in those victories. If Bayern were winning UCL, Alaba would be the one recognised

However as a coach, I would never pick Marcelo over Alaba because Alaba attacking is also good but they are not mates in defending.

If you were a coach, you will really make wrong choices if you are given a team of too many good players.

Like i said, you are entitled to your opinion. To you Alaba is better.To me Mercelo is better.

1 Like

Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by monerozi5590: 3:23pm On May 03, 2018
Ibime:

Iniesta, Alves, Neymar are all in FIFA FIFpro in 2017 eleven. None won the UCL. Why is Alaba case different?

1 Like

Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by Eruditor: 4:13pm On May 03, 2018
monerozi5590:

Iniesta, Alves, Neymar are all in FIFA FIFpro in 2017 eleven. None won the UCL. Why is Alaba case different?

Marcelo is only a casualty in the grand scheme of things. Who he is really trying to call out is Pep. Whenever Pep loses, he had the best players and lost. Whenever he wins, he had the best players and won. So don’t be offended.

Everybody who breathes knows Marcelo is out and out the best LB in the world.

1 Like

Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by raumdeuter: 4:18pm On May 03, 2018
Eruditor:

Marcelo is only a casualty in the grand scheme of things. Who he is really trying to call out is Pep. Whenever Pep loses, he had the best players and lost. Whenever he wins, he had the best players and won. So don’t be offended.

You really get am, Alaba that has been pants for almost 5 seasons now is suddenly better than Marcelo.

In a few years time he will tell us Sane and Sterling were better than Martial and Alexis before they got to Pep

You no see last night suddenly the ibime who claimed Pep is now playing with team on the same level is now crying that by adding Walker and Ederson to his first 11, Pep has a much better team than those who added Matic Lukaku Sanchez, Aubameyang-Lacazette-Miktaryan, Morata-Rudiger-Christensen-Bakayoko

I am a Bayern fan, give me Marcelo today and I will give you Alaba plus 40M

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by Ibime(m): 4:35pm On May 03, 2018
Eruditor:

How does what you typed here even make sense vis-a-vis Alaba and Marcelo?

1 Like

Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by sinizia: 4:38pm On May 03, 2018
Eruditor:

I don't think Pep had anything to do with Ibime's choice of Alaba over Marcelo. You're just reading way too much meaning into a debate.

I agree with Ibime and as a coach also, I'll pick Alaba over Marcelo any day, any time. I'm not saying Marcelo is not good, but defensive wise, Alaba is better for me. Marcelo is very attack minded (attacks more than Alaba for me), but defensively, not so much. Madrid don't have the best defence, there main saviour is their attack and midfield.

With Alaba, I'm getting the best of both worlds - attacking and defending.

With Marcelo, I'm getting the best of one world - attacking.

4 Likes

Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by sinizia: 4:40pm On May 03, 2018
raumdeuter:

You really get am, Alaba that has been pants for almost 5 seasons now is suddenly better than Marcelo.

In a few years time he will tell us Sane and Sterling were better than Martial and Alexis before they got to Pep

You no see last night suddenly the ibime who claimed Pep is now playing with team on the same level is now crying that by adding Walker and Ederson to his first 11, Pep has a much better team than those who added Matic Lukaku Sanchez, Aubameyang-Lacazette-Miktaryan, Morata-Rudiger-Christensen-Bakayoko

I am a Bayern fan, give me Marcelo today and I will give you Alaba plus 40M

Well, I guess it's down to personal choices. But as for me, if I'm looking for a balance, I'll go for Alaba, if I'm looking to attack only like Pep, I'll go for Marcelo.
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by Eruditor: 4:40pm On May 03, 2018
Ibime:

How does what you typed here even make sense vis-a-vis Alaba and Marcelo?

LOL. “The best 2 full backs in the world” “He probably still is”

LOL

1 Like

Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by Skimpledawg(m): 4:43pm On May 03, 2018
Alaba over Marcelo anytime, anyday.
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by Eruditor: 4:45pm On May 03, 2018
sinizia:

I don't think Pep had anything to do with Ibime's choice of Alaba over Marcelo. You're just reading way too much meaning into a debate.

I agree with Ibime and as a coach also, I'll pick Alaba over Marcelo any day, any time. I'm not saying Marcelo is not good, but defensive wise, Alaba is better for me. Marcelo is very attack minded (attacks more than Alaba for me), but defensively, not so much. Madrid don't have the best defence, there main saviour is their attack and midfield.

With Alaba, I'm getting the best of both worlds - attacking and defending.

With Marcelo, I'm getting the best of one world - attacking.

I am not reading too much. Once Ibime has an agenda he goes at it full throttle (See Emenalo for example).

What I would say is, Marcelo’s defending is underrated because of what he does going forward. Alaba had potential but he has depreciated a bit. If you are hyping Alaba because of Tuesday’s showing then recency bias is what is causing it. Remember that Vasquez (who is no Rb) played that position so even daddy Ribery was feeding.

Even Sandro that they hyped earlier on cannot lace Marcelo’s boot.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (812) (813) (814) (815) (816) (817) (818) ... (1040) (Reply)

R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.