Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,331 members, 7,811,968 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:06 AM

Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (96) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe (1072277 Views)

Arsenal Vs Bayern Munich : UCL (2 - 0) On 20th October 2015 / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) ... (1039) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by Ibime(m): 9:25pm On May 20, 2012
^^^I am here!!! I've been offline all weekend. Travelled to Mancunia.

Where is that boy Ritchboy who claimed that RVP has been more prominent than Drogba in this era?

Is he mad?

11 goals in 10 Cup finals.

No one will remember RVP's hattricks against Wolves but they will remember DROGBA!!!
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by coogar: 9:26pm On May 20, 2012
StarBoard:
True that.
Which is one reason why I wont write their chances off.
But I'm guessing it would help if all these youthful guys had someone through which their creative talents were channeled.
It's no use having all these great prospects (Muller especially) when there's no one to harness their skills.For all the veterans you mentioned above, they were decent at best in terms of talent, except that they had this ability to get the best out of their teammates.But they were hard workers too.
So what could be responsible for most international sides having no enforcer/talisman/leader?

money!!!
the money clubs pay has eroded the mentality of football players.
club affinity reigns supreme over their national team.
only the germans play for the badge of their national team!
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by chic2pimp(m): 9:28pm On May 20, 2012
Ibime: ^^^I am here!!! I've been offline all weekend. Travelled to Mancunia.

Where is that boy Ritchboy who claimed that RVP has been more prominent than Drogba in this era?

Is he mad?

No one will remember RVP's hattricks against Wolves but they will remember DROGBA!!!

Don't mind PoorBoy.
I'm already dealing with him on the Gaynners thread
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by coogar: 9:31pm On May 20, 2012
Ibime: ^^^I am here!!! I've been offline all weekend. Travelled to Mancunia.

Is he mad?

what part of mancunia did you go? i am the boss in that terrain.
i know every crime boss, carjacker, registered LovePeddler and bank robber in the city. grin grin
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by chic2pimp(m): 9:47pm On May 20, 2012
coogar:

even with a fit squad, england have never beaten sweden.
france is well-equipped. laurent blanc knows english players
like the back of his hand. france should win that one with mr evra
giving walcott a mare!!!

the ukraine game is the dicey one. it can go either way or end in a draw.
so england might need others to drop points to qualify.
their chance of qualifying is about 40%.
The difference between then and now is that the FA has made the wise decision in appointing roy.
Roy Unlike Harry knows England players are far from being world beaters and would therefore bring a new mentality which I think might actually be benefitial.
It's team would be set up to counter attack the likes of France and knick it one on a break. Don't be shocked to see England defeat France.
If England can't beat Ukraine they should withdraw from the tourney.

StarBoard:
When both Played in a friendly last November, England laboured to a win via an own goal at Wembley.
Prior to that, England hadn't beaten the Swedes since 1968. In the Euros , Sweden has won 2and drawn once of the three ties they've had so far.
The Swedes know how to play the English at full tilt.So when Hidgson carries this muppet-like side, I wonder how he's going to win.

True that I can't argue with the fact Sweden now how to play England. May be it's because the Scandanavian countries play similar brand of footy and so know what to expect.
Although I still say unlike previous England sides who felt they had the Gawd given right to beat the likes of Sweden, this side would be different.
Don't think Roy would stand for that superiority bull crap.
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by coogar: 9:52pm On May 20, 2012
chic2pimp:
The difference between then and now is that the FA has made the wise decision in appointing roy.
Roy Unlike Harry knows England players are far from being world beaters and would therefore bring a new mentality which I think might actually be benefitial.
It's team would be set up to counter attack the likes of France and knick it one on a break. Don't be shocked to see England defeat France.
If England can't beat Ukraine they should withdraw from the tourney.

evra vs walcott has always been a mismatch unless ashley young plays
on the right. sagna is out - maybe the highly rated mapou yanga mbiwa
would play as their right full back with koscielny and mexes as centre-halves.

the more i look at the french squad, the more i am convinced england are screwed.
ben arfa, benzema, nasri, m'vila, ribery, valbuena, etc
fee fi fo fum, i smell the blood of an englishman.
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by chic2pimp(m): 10:12pm On May 20, 2012
coogar:

evra vs walcott has always been a mismatch unless ashley young plays
on the right. sagna is out - maybe the highly rated mapou yanga mbiwa
would play as their right full back with koscielny and mexes as centre-halves.

the more i look at the french squad, the more i am convinced england are screwed.
ben arfa, benzema, nasri, m'vila, ribery, valbuena, etc
fee fi fo fum, i smell the blood of an englishman.

Abeg is this not he same Evra who has had a quite torrid season?
Evra of old probably but this one would be given the round around by Theo. And If not can always switch flanks with the other Winger.

The more I see of France the more I am convinced England have nothing to fear tbh.
They have all those star names but hardly do you see them dominate teams offensively. You would have thought they would have done that a bit more often.
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by coogar: 10:15pm On May 20, 2012
chic2pimp:

Abeg is this not he same Evra who has had a quite torrid season?
Evra of old probably but this one would be given the round around by Theo. And If not can always switch flanks with the other Winger.

The more I see of France the more I am convinced England have nothing to fear tbh.
They have all those star names but hardly do you see them dominate teams offensively. You would have thought they would have done that a bit more often.

evra 8-2 walcott
walcott 1-2 evra.

evra of old! thing is, walcott needs the space behind the full-backs to beat them
deny walcott the space to run into and he has no clue at all. i have never
seen walcott have a good game against evra. aaron lennon mauls evra annually
but walcott? ohhh please.
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by Nobody: 11:38pm On May 20, 2012
coogar: where is fat ibime?

he fainted n his wife did mouth to mouth to revive him when torres
scored at nou camp. feck knows what happened when drogba scored
the decisive penalty kick. who knows where to find ibime?
I don't have his phenotype on record, I will have organise a search party, u realized the one I did for DAYOKANU 24hrs ago really worked.. Dude returned from hiding spot
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by dayokanu(m): 11:49pm On May 20, 2012
coogar:

i meant the lahms, kloses, gomezs and metresackers.
the present generation(that smashed england in the under 19 championship) have high hopes.
too much hope sef!

That generation of 2004-2006 wasnt as talented as this, There were a lot of patch jobs there. Only Lahm, Schweini and ballack were really tops

Podolski, Mertersacker, Frings, Klose etc can be said to be the fillgaps and not really talented

Maybe Schweinsteiger in the next 4-5yrs might be able to harness the talent of these new generation and win a medal from it as Captain
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by dayokanu(m): 12:21am On May 21, 2012
toba:
FYI torres was brought in before we scored and boateng was guilty for the drogba equalizer

Are you sure you watched the game at all?
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by dayokanu(m): 1:19am On May 21, 2012
THE BRAND FINANCE FOOTBALL TOP 25 FOR 2012
2012 RANK 2011 RANK CLUB LEAGUE BRAND VALUE CHANGE IN VALUE
1 1 Man Utd England €672.9m 29 %
2 4 Bayern Germany €617.9m 59 %
3 2 Real Madrid Spain €471.7m -7 %
4 3 Barcelona Spain €455.9m -8 %
5 5 Chelsea England €312.9m 27 %
6 6 Arsenal England €305m 29 %
7 9 Liverpool England €288.5m 47 %
8 11 Man City England €237.4m 77 %
9 7 Milan Italy €229.5m 7 %
10 12 Schalke Germany €209.1m 97 %
11 15 Dortmund Germany €178.4m 81 %
12 14 Tottenham England €176.8m 77 %
13 8 Inter Italy €169m -18 %
14 23 Ajax Netherlands €144.6m 150 %
15 17 Marseille France €132.1m 41 %
16 10 Juventus Italy €125.8m -13 %
17 13 Hamburg Germany €120.3m 14 %
18 16 Lyon France €94.3m -1 %
19 25 Aston Villa England €68.4m 27 %
20 NEW Newcastle England €67.6m 115 %
21 18 Roma Italy €66.8m -16 %
22 24 Napoli Italy €66.8m 22 %
23 27 Everton England €62.1m 28 %
24 NEW Corinthians Brazil €60.5m NEW
25 22 Bordeaux France €59.7m -2 %
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by solomon111(m): 3:55am On May 21, 2012
chic2pimp:

Chelsea were destined to win the European Cup. That's it really.
Count the amount of chances Barca,Bayern and Napoli could not convert and you'll see there was absolutely nothing any other team could have done.

Could not have said it any better really

Stop blaming destiny!
That is an excuse for loosers.
Bayern never deserved it,not after wasting those chances.
It would have been unfair if bayern had won.
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by dayokanu(m): 4:35am On May 21, 2012
He told Sportske Novosti. "I didn't want to take a penalty, but had no other choice.

"At the end I had to step forward as none of my team-mates wanted to take the responsibility.

"Toni Kroos said no, Anatoliy Tymoschuk also declined. I was brave enough, but sadly Cech guessed in which corner I would shoot.

"My shot wasn't that bad, but Cech was great.

"I'm so sad. I didn't want to leave Bayern like that. I wanted to win the Champions League. I will never forget this sad night."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11945/7768046/Olic-rues-penalty-miss
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by Nobody: 8:27am On May 21, 2012
dayokanu:

That generation of 2004-2006 wasnt as talented as this, There were a lot of patch jobs there. Only Lahm, Schweini and ballack were really tops

Podolski, Mertersacker, Frings, Klose etc can be said to be the fillgaps and not really talented

Maybe Schweinsteiger in the next 4-5yrs might be able to harness the talent of these new generation and win a medal from it as Captain
stop convulsing this early time. May be others were/are fillgaps but definitely not Klose. He joined the national team in 2001 and to date, he's still very relevant. Ask the real German fans and they'll tell u any day, any hour and any time time that Klose is more valuable to the national team than Mario Gomez despite his old age
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by mbulela: 11:28am On May 21, 2012
Has there been any discussion on Bayern's set pieces, especially corner kicks?
Do they practice them? Is there meant to be a pattern behind them?
You just can't have 20 corners in a match of such magnitude and waste all of them. Little details like this make the difference at that level.
Players declining to take spot kicks must be a treasonable offence. This is very unlike a German thing.
Whatever Bayern do,this summer they must separate Ribery and Robben. They are not worth the hassle. They make Sturridge look like a team player.
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by afrodoc(m): 11:53am On May 21, 2012
mbulela: Has there been any discussion on Bayern's set pieces, especially corner kicks?
Do they practice them? Is there meant to be a pattern behind them?
You just can't have 20 corners in a match of such magnitude and waste all of them. Little details like this make the difference at that level.
Players declining to take spot kicks must be a treasonable offence. This is very unlike a German thing.
Whatever Bayern do,this summer they must separate Ribery and Robben. They are not worth the hassle. They make [b]Sturridge [/b]look like a team player.

grin grin grin kai robben don suffer! now they r comparing him to sturridge? mbulela o bad gan
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by edoyad(m): 2:10pm On May 21, 2012
Didier is a true demon, real African voodoo Man. With a twist of the neck and Swing of the foot, he has destroyed the Careers of half a dozen young men being paid by Allianz. grin[i][/i] grin
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by Heathen(m): 3:52pm On May 21, 2012
......lol

Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by dayokanu(m): 3:54pm On May 21, 2012
toba: stop convulsing this early time. May be others were/are fillgaps but definitely not Klose. He joined the national team in 2001 and to date, he's still very relevant. Ask the real German fans and they'll tell u any day, any hour and any time time that Klose is more valuable to the national team than Mario Gomez despite his old age

Fact is that Klose flopped big time at the only big club he played for in his career

Who would even take the word of someone like you who didnt even watch the match and was telling us Torres came in before our goal seriously
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by coogar: 4:10pm On May 21, 2012
dayokanu:

Fact is that Klose flopped big time at the only big club he played for in his career

Who would even take the word of someone like you who didnt even watch the match and was telling us Torres came in before our goal seriously

klose is a legend!
i disagree with your statement that klose flopped.....
just because gomez has scored gazillion goals covers up his flaws(he misses a lot).

credits must go to robben/ribery who must create 15 chances in a game for
gomez to score 3 goals. i am sure if you tabulate the goal conversion rate
of klose and gomez, gomez's would be the lowest!
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by chic2pimp(m): 4:26pm On May 21, 2012
solomon111: Stop blaming destiny!
That is an excuse for loosers.
Bayern never deserved it,not after wasting those chances.
It would have been unfair if bayern had won.
Will you shut up dia!!!
What else can explain the amount of chances of Napoli, Barcelona and Bayern missed during chelses's run in to the final which ultimately ended up in them winning it?
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by dayokanu(m): 4:46pm On May 21, 2012
coogar:

klose is a legend!
i disagree with your statement that klose flopped.....
just because gomez has scored gazillion goals covers up his flaws(he misses a lot).

credits must go to robben/ribery who must create 15 chances in a game for
gomez to score 3 goals. i am sure if you tabulate the goal conversion rate
of klose and gomez, gomez's would be the lowest!

He might be a legend for the NT but clubwise he flopped there was a reason why he never excelled at club level

Gomez conversion rate has always been the same from his days at Stuttgart where there was no Robben or Ribery

Last season at bayern Robben barely played till January, same with this season

Whether Robben Ribery or anyone Gomez still scored
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by dayokanu(m): 4:50pm On May 21, 2012
Does Robben look like a player who makes assist to you?

Everyone knows Robbens instinct is to first shoot before thiking of assist

In the last 3 seasons Robben has 31 assists for Bayern, while in the same time Thomas Muller had 55 assists almost double.

Toni Kroos who has only played 2 seasons at Bayern has 27 assists

So how can the selfish Robben be the one assisting? Can you count how many times he blasted the ball into row Z?
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by coogar: 5:11pm On May 21, 2012
dayokanu: Does Robben look like a player who makes assist to you?

Everyone knows Robbens instinct is to first shoot before thiking of assist

In the last 3 seasons Robben has 31 assists for Bayern, while in the same time Thomas Muller had 55 assists almost double.

Toni Kroos who has only played 2 seasons at Bayern has 27 assists

So how can the selfish Robben be the one assisting? Can you count how many times he blasted the ball into row Z?

don't let sentiments get in the way of facts.

ribery - 12 assists in 27 starts
kroos - 9 assists in 27 starts
robben - 5 assists in 18 starts

we can assume robben's injuries did some harm.....
however, he won 5 man of the match awards in the bundesliga, as many
as mario gomez and only ribery won more(6). in spite of robben's injury
he's bayern's 2nd best performer in the season. abeg, give him his credits.
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by dayokanu(m): 5:29pm On May 21, 2012
coogar:

don't let sentiments get in the way of facts.

ribery - 12 assists in 27 starts
kroos - 9 assists in 27 starts
robben - 5 assists in 18 starts

we can assume robben's injuries did some harm.....
however, he won 5 man of the match awards in the bundesliga, as many
as mario gomez and only ribery won more(6). in spite of robben's injury
he's bayern's 2nd best performer in the season. abeg, give him his credits.

Which season and which competition were those stats you posted? Was it in all competition of handpicked ones?

Even with those stats you posted Robben still has the least assist/game ratio of those 3

He might get MOTM for his goal scoring but not for assist. Robbens biggest asset is not in making assist but actually scoring them.

I think 70% of people would say Robben is one of the top 3 selfish players in Europe. Aggregate his assist per game over the past 3 seasons at bayern and compare with other players even though kroos plays deeper, He still manages to cop more assist

Robben plays well and scores but assiting teammates aint his forte

Fact is Gomez with or without Robbery still scores bucjetloads for his clubsides
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by coogar: 5:40pm On May 21, 2012
dayokanu:

Which season and which competition were those stats you posted? Was it in all competition of handpicked ones?

Even with those stats you posted Robben still has the least assist/game ratio of those 3

He might get MOTM for his goal scoring but not for assist. Robbens biggest asset is not in making assist but actually scoring them.

I think 70% of people would say Robben is one of the top 3 selfish players in Europe. Aggregate his assist per game over the past 3 seasons at bayern and compare with other players even though kroos plays deeper, He still manages to cop more assist

Robben plays well and scores but assiting teammates aint his forte

Fact is Gomez with or without Robbery still scores bucjetloads for his clubsides

i disagree......robben is the talisman. that he did not have a high number of assists
must be because his team-mates are useless. the stats i posted were their number of
starts in the bundesliga this season.

i even found more to support robben's industry in bundesliga.

kroos - 1.9 key passes per league game, 59 key passes.
ribery - 2.1 key passes per league game, 68 key passes
robben - 2.2 key passes per league game, 53 key passes

someone refused to convert most of robben's key-passes into goals.
with the low number of appearances he copped due to injuries, he still
made more key passes per game than his mates.....and robben is selfish?
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by dayokanu(m): 6:02pm On May 21, 2012
How come someone was converting Kroos, Ribery and Mullers but not converting Robbens

coogar:

i disagree......robben is the talisman. that he did not have a high number of assists
must be because his team-mates are useless. the stats i posted were their number of
starts in the bundesliga this season.

i even found more to support robben's industry in bundesliga.

kroos - 1.9 key passes per league game, 59 key passes.
ribery - 2.1 key passes per league game, 68 key passes
robben - 2.2 key passes per league game, 53 key passes

someone refused to convert most of robben's key-passes into goals.
with the low number of appearances he copped due to injuries, he still
made more key passes per game than his mates.....and robben is selfish?

How come someone was converting Kroos, Ribery and Mullers but not converting Robbens.

I fault this your stats. Can you provide the source. Robben made 53 key passes all season and he played about half of what Ribery played. Thats means either Ribery more than 68 key passes all season or something is just fishy
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by coogar: 6:06pm On May 21, 2012
dayokanu: How come someone was converting Kroos, Ribery and Mullers but not converting Robbens
How come someone was converting Kroos, Ribery and Mullers but not converting Robbens.

I fault this your stats. Can you provide the source. Robben made 53 key passes all season and he played about half of what Ribery played. Thats means either Ribery more than 68 key passes all season or something is just fishy

you're doubting my stats? i feel like punching you in the stomach.
robben made 53 key passes in the bundesliga alone....in spite of
his limited appearances. it means he's the talisman of bayern.

in the performance index compiled by opta stats, only ribery was better than him.
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by dayokanu(m): 6:20pm On May 21, 2012
Its the stats thats fishy

Robben with 18 starts made 53 key passes, Ribery with 50% more 27 starts made 68 passes

Something isnt right there

Punch me in the stomach, Your reach aint long enough . cheesy
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by coogar: 6:25pm On May 21, 2012
dayokanu: Its the stats thats fishy

Robben with 18 starts made 53 key passes, Ribery with 50% more 27 starts made 68 passes

Something isnt right there

Punch me in the stomach, Your reach aint long enough . cheesy

dayokanu, you underrate robben's contribution on the pitch.
against chelsea, he copped 15 shots, 5 were on target.
14 crosses and 8 key passes. if someone was doing his
job as a striker, those 8 key passes were potentially 8 goal assists.

i will introduce you to a site where to cop these stats....but you will
have to pay me for opening your eyes into the world of punditry.
forget human perception - this site is the bomb!
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by dayokanu(m): 6:36pm On May 21, 2012
Feelers have it that Bayern are going after Benedikt Howedes from Schalke and Rafinha might be part of the deal

(1) (2) (3) ... (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) ... (1039) (Reply)

R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.