Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,318 members, 7,829,783 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:43 AM

Why I Dealt With Onnoghen ― Buhari - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Dealt With Onnoghen ― Buhari (32709 Views)

Onnoghen: Buhari Removed Me As CJN Because Of Atiku / Onnoghen: Buhari Extends Appointment of Justice Tanko As Acting CJN By 3 Months / Onnoghen: Buhari Has Done No Wrong, It's A Settled Matter - Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Dealt With Onnoghen ― Buhari by soburtunde: 10:31pm On Jun 25, 2019
I don't feel for Onnogen since he admitted that he's guilty.
But I feel the same punishment should be melted on others too. There should be no favouritism,Nepotism, prejudice or Partisanship whenever it comes to justice.

1 Like

Re: Why I Dealt With Onnoghen ― Buhari by Patrioticman007(m): 10:31pm On Jun 25, 2019
Ipobians won't like this quote........ How I dealt with a criminal. PMB 2015-2019.
Re: Why I Dealt With Onnoghen ― Buhari by macello4(m): 10:34pm On Jun 25, 2019
bravo to buhari for job well done. The CJN guy have a criminal tendency, and he is fraudulent.
Re: Why I Dealt With Onnoghen ― Buhari by Kenturkey048(m): 10:37pm On Jun 25, 2019
Afamed:

Did the money from the van missing from your state government cover?
was onnoghe's money also missing from your family purse ??

4 Likes

Re: Why I Dealt With Onnoghen ― Buhari by Agugbadin: 10:40pm On Jun 25, 2019
What about your dear friend GANDUDOLLARJE of Kano. What are you waiting for to deal with him

1 Like

Re: Why I Dealt With Onnoghen ― Buhari by rockyh(m): 10:43pm On Jun 25, 2019
Start with the bullion van explanation else keep quiet n focus on the economy that is now the capital of poverty
Islie:

President Muhammadu Buhari on Tuesday rationalized the treatment of retired Chief Justice of the Federation (CJN), Justice Walter Onnoghen, saying that he dealt with him for having in his possession undeclared foreign and local currencies.

Speaking when he received members of Afenifere led by Asiwaju Bola Tinubu at the presidential villa, Abuja, he said he had to do what he did to the former CJN even though reluctantly.

The President said: “But anybody who cannot account for what he has and for refusing to declare, we will have to do something about it.

https://www.independent.ng/why-i-dealt-with-onnoghen-―-buhari/

Re: Why I Dealt With Onnoghen ― Buhari by j1mmy: 10:48pm On Jun 25, 2019
Islie:

The President said: “But anybody who cannot account for what he has and for refusing to declare, we will have to do something about it.
https://www.independent.ng/why-i-dealt-with-onnoghen-―-buhari/

And Asiwaju Bola Tinubu?
I suppose bullion vans to pay for APC elections does not count
Re: Why I Dealt With Onnoghen ― Buhari by Sonoyom(m): 10:53pm On Jun 25, 2019
The greatest hypocrite of all time has spoken!

1 Like

Re: Why I Dealt With Onnoghen ― Buhari by Nobody: 11:05pm On Jun 25, 2019
sureboykris:
Mr President, many of your associates have questionable amounts in their accounts. Do something
blow the whistle first, we don’t know and I believe doesn’t know either

Blowing the whistle will do a lot of good and don’t forget you’ll get some percentage
Re: Why I Dealt With Onnoghen ― Buhari by AerialMapper: 11:05pm On Jun 25, 2019
Be deceiving yourself! You dealt with him to enable you have control of the Judiciary knowing that your party planned to rig the election.

Stop deceiving yourself about him having undeclared currency.

1 Like

Re: Why I Dealt With Onnoghen ― Buhari by somehow: 11:06pm On Jun 25, 2019
See the half-truth posted by the OP.

A very despicable poster you're. You obviously posted that undetailed article for a reason best known to you.

People should read a more detailed version from the same source the OP posted.

Why I dealt with Onnoghen

“I will tell you as Afenirere, that was why I had to deal though reluctantly with the former Chief Justice. Because there were millions of dollars, euros not to talk of naira which were not declared. “I wonder what sort of conscience some of us have, how can you seat and preside and lock people up for years and even sentence some to death and yet you are not doing what the constitution said you should do by occupying that vital institution.

“So, I stopped getting worried so much, sorry to admit it when I found out that could play hoop, stop and jump, what I mean is that if it is America they will do it this way, if it were in Europe they will do this way but if you go there after 250 to 400 years, how old are we?

“So I realize that I don’t want to go back to into detention again. So institution like yours when you have secured your constituency constitutionally and materially you can help establish this country.

“And really this country needs you and you need this country with the future generation because of the population explosion we are going through and the limited resources and the deficits of infrastructure."

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/06/tinubu-yoruba-leaders-meet-buhari-in-aso-rock-over-killings-in-south-west/

2 Likes

Re: Why I Dealt With Onnoghen ― Buhari by fikiman7000(m): 11:08pm On Jun 25, 2019
Afamed:
Did the money from the van missing from your state government cover?
I don't understand your English setting
Re: Why I Dealt With Onnoghen ― Buhari by livelymatilda: 11:15pm On Jun 25, 2019
SarkinYarki:
Lol yet he has not dealt with Tinubus Bullion vans
Maybe because Jonathan and Obasanjo couldn't deal with the same Tinubu .

Wailing zombie.

Re: Why I Dealt With Onnoghen ― Buhari by owila4luv(m): 11:18pm On Jun 25, 2019
what have you done with all the money you've recovered? you think we don't know why you sacked that man? Atiku is still coming anyway
Re: Why I Dealt With Onnoghen ― Buhari by SirBunky85(m): 11:19pm On Jun 25, 2019
Richdad50:
shocked

Their conscience is so beating them up that onnoghen need not say a word for them to start talking like market women.

Richdad
senseless
Re: Why I Dealt With Onnoghen ― Buhari by olaswim: 11:23pm On Jun 25, 2019
Supreme court are gradually dealing with apc candidates too one after the other.....
Re: Why I Dealt With Onnoghen ― Buhari by SarkinYarki: 11:25pm On Jun 25, 2019
livelymatilda:

Maybe because Jonathan and Obasanjo couldn't deal with the same Tinubu .

Wailing zombie.

This small child so you mean no street boy has impregnated you all these months so you can be busy
Re: Why I Dealt With Onnoghen ― Buhari by Wantino: 11:32pm On Jun 25, 2019
Let him do same with all those whom he is addressing including his son who bought bike worth millions.

1 Like

Re: Why I Dealt With Onnoghen ― Buhari by sapientia(m): 11:33pm On Jun 25, 2019
The clown did not know none of those trash he mentioned were ever proved in court.

1 Like

Re: Why I Dealt With Onnoghen ― Buhari by sapientia(m): 11:34pm On Jun 25, 2019
somehow:
See the half-truth posted by the OP.

A very despicable poster you're. You obviously posted that undetailed article for a reason best known to you.

People should read a more detailed version from the same source the OP posted.

Why I dealt with Onnoghen

“I will tell you as Afenirere, that was why I had to deal though reluctantly with the former Chief Justice. Because there were millions of dollars, euros not to talk of naira which were not declared. “I wonder what sort of conscience some of us have, how can you seat and preside and lock people up for years and even sentence some to death and yet you are not doing what the constitution said you should do by occupying that vital institution.

“So, I stopped getting worried so much, sorry to admit it when I found out that could play hoop, stop and jump, what I mean is that if it is America they will do it this way, if it were in Europe they will do this way but if you go there after 250 to 400 years, how old are we?

“So I realize that I don’t want to go back to into detention again. So institution like yours when you have secured your constituency constitutionally and materially you can help establish this country.

“And really this country needs you and you need this country with the future generation because of the population explosion we are going through and the limited resources and the deficits of infrastructure."

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/06/tinubu-yoruba-leaders-meet-buhari-in-aso-rock-over-killings-in-south-west/

The hypocrite didn't know none was proved in court.
Re: Why I Dealt With Onnoghen ― Buhari by enemyofprogress: 11:41pm On Jun 25, 2019
SarkinYarki:
you dey mind am?let him continue to fool himself

1 Like

Re: Why I Dealt With Onnoghen ― Buhari by Onitolo5: 11:42pm On Jun 25, 2019
Please who knows the website to download American Movie
Re: Why I Dealt With Onnoghen ― Buhari by Wallade(m): 11:43pm On Jun 25, 2019
Can Buhari himself account for the wealth and resources he and his cronies have amassed over the years while in office as the president of Nigeria.

See pot calling kettle black.

1 Like

Re: Why I Dealt With Onnoghen ― Buhari by Dareal90s(m): 11:55pm On Jun 25, 2019
SarkinYarki:
He shld also deal with that big headed man sharing kerosene.
Re: Why I Dealt With Onnoghen ― Buhari by Bizibi(m): 12:04am On Jun 26, 2019
Kworrupton!!! See he is deceiving some of the gullible ones with their blank minds.
Re: Why I Dealt With Onnoghen ― Buhari by Dlekan31(m): 12:30am On Jun 26, 2019
[quote author=qualityovenbake post=79669568]I just hope it's not a selective prosecution base on political or religious affiliation.[/quoteKeep using drugs for another person's illness,maybe Emefiele informed you that CBN was burgled
Re: Why I Dealt With Onnoghen ― Buhari by Nobody: 12:54am On Jun 26, 2019
I find Mr. Buhari's statement, "But anybody who cannot account for what he has and for refusing to declare, we will have to do something about it," very disingenuous and amusing. I am certain he does not actually believe that because if he does, then the country and the whole world are waiting to see when he would start to do something about the crooks he has surrounding him including the ones that financed his elections. He can't claim to be fighting corruption on one hand and then at the same time enabling his crooked cronies to be looting the treasury. I am sorry Mr. Buhari, but the above two scenarios are mutually exclusive. If you honestly want to fight corruption, go for it, do not give a damn who gets trampled in the process. But to simply pay lip service to fighting corruption while you turn a blind eye to the real criminals makes you and your country a laughing stock in the comity of nations. No real leader would take you seriously.

1 Like

Re: Why I Dealt With Onnoghen ― Buhari by poseidon12: 1:28am On Jun 26, 2019
Yeah right. Buhari the election rigger. You removed the CJN (illegally) as part of your plan to rig the election. Criminal.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Air Force Set To Bombard Militants, Boko Haram With New Mi-35m Attack Choppers / Tinubu To FG: Recruit 50 Million Youths Into Army To Fight Insecurity / Obi And Datti Listen As Their Wives Speak To Them At Campaign (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.