Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,432 members, 7,954,716 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:50 AM

Should She Have Paid? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should She Have Paid? (1668 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should She Have Paid? by aminalib(f): 3:16pm On Oct 07, 2010
I am at work and my friend just text me about her date last night.

She met him recently at a west indian carnival in Boston, anyhow from what she tells me all he does not have a real job however he is always going to different cities and countries, i told her to leave him, they have already been intimate, anyways she told me he has told her that he will take her shopping and this and all, well they went out to an upscale restaurant last night(where she and i often used to go), she says they ate good and when the check came, dude did not even blink an eye, she says she excused herself to bathroom when she came back, money was still not paid, so she paid, do you think she should have paid? what would you have done? i would not have paid and gave him some harsh words.
Re: Should She Have Paid? by jaybee3(m): 3:20pm On Oct 07, 2010
Why didn't she just ask him to pay his own share or what not.
The dude is already used to her paying which is an extremely bad thing.
Re: Should She Have Paid? by Omolola1(f): 3:22pm On Oct 07, 2010
Gud as she paid, the embarrassment is not only for him but for both of 'em. why couldnt he pay anyway?
Re: Should She Have Paid? by 190: 3:24pm On Oct 07, 2010
we are in the 26th century!!

women these days have the liberty to do things on their own

If the man's broke (and you know it) what stops you from paying on behalf of you both~

are u dating him for his heart or for his pocket~

All these illogical reasoning behind (the man must be responsible for the bills)

is bull-crap!!aminalib my Girlfriend nor go dey behave like ibo-girls ooh

Re: Should She Have Paid? by aminalib(f): 3:25pm On Oct 07, 2010
i think she is the one that always comes out of pocket and he doesnt have a car and she drives him around, so i thnk he is used to this, anways this is a common thing that she does with guys, and she is not ugly or unnatractive, infact its the other way around, she is soo pretty you cant keep ur eyes off her.
Re: Should She Have Paid? by snthesis(m): 3:25pm On Oct 07, 2010
wu did d inviting? guy or girl
i can place my bet she probably did?
Re: Should She Have Paid? by Nobody: 3:26pm On Oct 07, 2010
Lol, guys sef! grin
Re: Should She Have Paid? by bawomolo(m): 3:29pm On Oct 07, 2010
Omolola1:

Gud as she paid, the embarrassment is not only for him but for both of 'em. why couldnt he pay anyway?

i personally don't see it as an embarrassment.  You are basically asking for a bill by eating at an upscale (not applebees or olivegarden o) restaurant knowing your bobo doesn't have a real job.   a woman paying for a date or splitting the tab is not a bad thing.  

he is already sleeping with her and now she is feeding him.  can i get that man's number, i need some playa tips  grin
Re: Should She Have Paid? by aminalib(f): 3:30pm On Oct 07, 2010
ok guys, he doesnt have a real JOB, BUT, he does get money, i did say he travels alot, **coughs***
Re: Should She Have Paid? by bawomolo(m): 3:32pm On Oct 07, 2010
aminalib:

i think she is the one that always comes out of pocket and he doesnt have a car and she drives him around, so i thnk he is used to this, anways this is a common thing that she does with guys, and she is not ugly or unnatractive, infact its the other way around, she is soo pretty you cant keep your eyes off her.

chaffeur, cook, diner, kokolet all in one.  Your girlfriend must be a desparate spinster or pretty generous.  

aminalib:

ok guys, he doesnt have a real JOB, BUT, he does get money, i did say he travels alot, **coughs***

well what exactly is the problem if your friend doesn't mind the arrangement. maybe she sees potential in the bobo.
you never know
Re: Should She Have Paid? by 190: 3:34pm On Oct 07, 2010
bawomolo:

i personally don't see it as an embarrassment.  You are basically asking for a bill by eating at an upscale (not applebees or olivegarden o) restaurant knowing your bobo doesn't have a real job.   a woman paying for a date or splitting the tab is not a bad thing.  

he is already sleeping with her and now she is feeding him.  can i get that man's number, i need some playa tips  grin

chop knuckle, brother, grin grin

arent they sleeping with each other  

we men pay all sorts of BILLS and yet loose our semen @ the end of the day

and women call it nothing, undecided undecided

Now its the other way round with the lady spending and driving and yet the man still loosing semen

and she still complains, undecided undecided

It makes no sense, cool cool

Tyme has changed and women these days are bread winner's for their families i know girls behind these reasoning are ibo girls
Re: Should She Have Paid? by aminalib(f): 3:36pm On Oct 07, 2010
190 watch your font o grin
Re: Should She Have Paid? by Macgreat(m): 3:48pm On Oct 07, 2010
There's nothing wrong in that. . . she's not complaining or Is she?

She's Generous, which is not a common trait in women grin
Re: Should She Have Paid? by aminalib(f): 3:49pm On Oct 07, 2010
mac, of course she is complaining tongue
Re: Should She Have Paid? by bawomolo(m): 3:51pm On Oct 07, 2010
190:

chop knuckle, brother, grin grin

arent they sleeping with each other  

we men pay all sorts of BILLS and yet loose our semen @ the end of the day

and women call it nothing, undecided undecided

Now its the other way round with the lady spending and driving and yet the man still loosing semen

and she still complains, undecided undecided

It makes no sense, cool cool

Tyme has changed and women these days are bread winner's for their families i know girls behind these reasoning are ibo girls

bill or no bill. she is still sleeping with this man.
don't go to an upscale restaurant if you don't want to pay the bill. ole girl wanted to avoid the bill by going to the restroom
playa of the year/baba ijebu did not agree  grin

aminalib:

mac, of course she is complaining tongue

why is she complaining?
Re: Should She Have Paid? by Macgreat(m): 3:56pm On Oct 07, 2010
bawomolo:

don't go to an upscale restaurant if you don't want to pay the bill. ole girl wanted to avoid the bill by going to the restroom
playa of the year/baba ijebu did not agree
 grin

grin grin grin
Re: Should She Have Paid? by aminalib(f): 3:57pm On Oct 07, 2010
lmao@mac, he stood his ground grin
Re: Should She Have Paid? by snthesis(m): 3:58pm On Oct 07, 2010
aminalib:

ok guys, he doesnt have a real JOB,
hanging around her is real enuf,  grin grin grin grin
Re: Should She Have Paid? by 190: 3:59pm On Oct 07, 2010
bawomolo:

playa of the year/baba ijebu did not agree  grin

why is she complaining?

rotflmfao!!! grin grin grin
Re: Should She Have Paid? by madlady(f): 4:01pm On Oct 07, 2010
aminalib:

@Poster, you gave her very good advice.
Re: Should She Have Paid? by aminalib(f): 4:02pm On Oct 07, 2010
lol, dude said ""not today, i will win this one"
Re: Should She Have Paid? by InkedNerd(f): 4:05pm On Oct 07, 2010
Well aminalib, one of two things could have happened.

(1) Since he asked her out, he should have at least had the money to be able to take her out since he is the one initiating the date.

(2) Since he knows he has no job, he could have at least explained to her that he didn't have much money but was willing to split the bill/pay for part of the bill.

Personally, I have no problem paying for a date. I've done it before. If she knew he had no job then how did she expect him to pay for anything?
Re: Should She Have Paid? by bawomolo(m): 4:06pm On Oct 07, 2010
madlady:

@Poster, you gave her very good advice.

would you take a man with no real source of income to an upscale restaurant?
do you think its offensive for a woman to pay for a date?  

i would have loved to see the reaction on her face when she came back from the restroom.  
i don't think it has been confirmed he asked her out.
Re: Should She Have Paid? by aminalib(f): 4:08pm On Oct 07, 2010
again molo, this guys has money, he has a home and vehicles and travels, so he has money
Re: Should She Have Paid? by InkedNerd(f): 4:10pm On Oct 07, 2010
aminalib:

again molo, this guys has money, he has a home and vehicles and travels, so he has money

lmao, he sounds like a friend of mine here in NY. The dude has no job or any source of income yet he travels like crazy. As a matter of fact, he used to live in Boston grin
Re: Should She Have Paid? by madlady(f): 4:11pm On Oct 07, 2010
bawomolo:

would you take a man with no real source of income to an upscale restaurant?

do you think its offensive for a woman to pay for a date?  

i would have loved to see the reaction on her face when she came back from the restroom.  
i don't think it has been confirmed he asked her out.

Yes to the 1st question, if he's my bf and he's looking for work  and not a hanger-on.

No to the 2nd question, that's not a big deal.
Re: Should She Have Paid? by bawomolo(m): 4:14pm On Oct 07, 2010
Inked_Nerd:

lmao, he sounds like a friend of mine here in NY. The dude has no job or any source of income yet he travels like crazy. As a matter of fact, he used to live in Boston grin

you two could be talking about the same globetrotter here. he he
aminalib:

well then whats the problem here. she paid for one date and she is complaining?

who says he won't pay for the next date? it's no biggie as long as he doesn't make it an habit.  i have a question, in one of your earlier posts, u said he doesn't have a car and she drivs him around.  how's that possible, is globetrotter's car not in boston  grin
Re: Should She Have Paid? by Macgreat(m): 4:20pm On Oct 07, 2010
Maybe he's an Ex- Marine  grin

Or An Agent. . .

I hear they don't like Paying BILLS grin
Re: Should She Have Paid? by InkedNerd(f): 4:23pm On Oct 07, 2010
bawomolo:

you two could be talking about the same globetrotter here. he he

lol who knows. Could be the same dude. I wouldn't be surprised if it was because this friend of mine is always going to West Indian carnivals in different states, he was even in Boston a few weeks ago.
Re: Should She Have Paid? by 190: 4:26pm On Oct 07, 2010
aminalib:

WHY ARE U BENT ON HEARING FROM WE MEN

THAT YOUR FRIEND SHOULD DUMP THAT GUY,

MEANING U KANT PAY MY BILLS IF IT WERE BOTH OF US undecided undecided
Re: Should She Have Paid? by bawomolo(m): 4:30pm On Oct 07, 2010
Inked_Nerd:

lol who knows. Could be the same dude. I wouldn't be surprised if it was because this friend of mine is always going to West Indian carnivals in different states, he was even in Boston a few weeks ago.

ha is this friend a generous spender or a baba ijebu?

i still don't see why the girl should be complaining.  she knew what kind of man he was before giving up the booty.
Re: Should She Have Paid? by Ayowumie(m): 4:37pm On Oct 07, 2010
if she had not paid, both of them would have been embarrased. The only alternative for ur friend is for her to see the hand writing on the wall

(1) (2) (Reply)

If Petting Spoils A Woman Then Stop Petting. / Two Months Is Good Enough To Get Married / Naija Babes Can U Love Man Without Money Being Involved?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.