Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,835 members, 7,820,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:42 AM

How To Curb Rape Menace In The Society - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How To Curb Rape Menace In The Society (658 Views)

Menace Of Yahoo Boys And Cele Girls In The South West.(relationship) / The Alarming Rate Of Paternity Fraud Going On In The Society / How Ladies See Their Body In The Society(pics). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Curb Rape Menace In The Society by Beadex1(m): 9:07am On Jun 29, 2019
Rape allegations should be taken as a serious case and not treated with kids gloves.
In recent times many great men have been put into bars,impeached, ridiculed and devalued because of this nefarious act but still no good measures has been put into place to address this bad and increasing act. If the government and the masses are serious to tackle rape cases, my suggestion will be all rape cases should be reported within 14 days this will make it looks serious and treated within immediate effect since some evidence will be there to attest to it.
Waiting many years to voice out a rape case to me is like Dead on Arrival (DOA), people will believe you while others won't and the worst of it the rapist can deny it .We shouldn't forget female/male opportunist will also use rape allegation as a tool to blackmail good people out there.
A stitch in time saves nine

1 Like

Re: How To Curb Rape Menace In The Society by GraGra247(m): 9:23am On Jun 29, 2019
Beadex1:
.. .We shouldn't forget female/male opportunist will also use rape allegation as a tool to blackmail good people out there.
A stitch in time saves nine

This is the most outstanding point you've made. The govt. should simply legislate that anyone that fails to report a rape claim when evidences are still fresh should stay silent forever.

Else any lady can wake up one day and claim all the men she hates raped her and it becomes fact.

1 Like

Re: How To Curb Rape Menace In The Society by Beadex1(m): 9:31am On Jun 29, 2019
GraGra247:

This is the most outstanding point you've made. The govt. should simply legislate that anyone that fails to report a rape claim when evidences are still fresh should stay silent forever.

Else any lady can wake up one day and claim all the men she hates raped her and it becomes fact.
thanks boss , you know some times we allow emotions and feelings to control us and not our intelligence almost all popular rape cases have the same pattern
Re: How To Curb Rape Menace In The Society by pansophist(m): 9:34am On Jun 29, 2019
GraGra247:

Good points.

Additionally, a mere accusation of rape should not imply that the accused is guilty. Proper investigation should be carried out, the positions of the accused and the accuser must all be taking into account, and the due process of law must be followed, or else, it will reduce to a witch haunt, like the meetoo movement. Also, any false accuser of rape must be punished with the same sentence the accused will receive if he was found guilty.

Personally, I do not like when women go on social media to announce their rape status, as it has an irreversible damage to the reputation of the accused if it turns out he is not guilty. The social media lynch mob in their pursuit to justice, and the condemnation of rape and rapist, they take only the stance of the accuser, a method which is unacceptable in a democratic society. If trends like this continues, we shall see cases of men spending years in jail only to be proven innocent in the future (e.g Bryan Banks).

Excluding the aforementioned point will give women unnecessary power to just accuse and punish any men they dislike, and in no time we shall begin to experience all the social problem of the west, with mgtows, misogyny, etc, spreading like wildfire.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Curb Rape Menace In The Society by CosmicPhoenix: 9:38am On Jun 29, 2019
we cannot attack pastor totoyinbo and sympathise with rapenaldo,rape is rape #NoToRape

Re: How To Curb Rape Menace In The Society by Beadex1(m): 9:44am On Jun 29, 2019
pansophist:

Good points.

Additionally, a mere accusation of rape should not imply that the accused is guilty. Proper investigation should be carried out, the positions of the accused and the accuser must all be taking into account, and the due process of law must be followed, or else, it will reduce to a witch haunt, like the meetoo movement. Also, any false accuser of rape must be punished with the same sentence the accused will receive if he was found guilty.

Personally, I do not like when women go on social media to announce their rape status, as it has an irreversible damage to the reputation of the accused if it turns out he is not guilty. The social media lynch mob in their pursuit to justice, and the condemnation of rape and rapist, they take only the stance of the accuser, a method which is unacceptable in a democratic society. If trends like this continues, we shall see cases of men spending years in jail only to be proven innocent in the future (e.g Bryan Banks).

Excluding the aforementioned point will give women unnecessary power to just accuse and punish any men they dislike, and in no time we shall begin to experience all the social problem of the west, with mgtows, misogyny, etc, spreading like wildfire.
Its good to know we have people that can see beyond their nose without allow sentiment to becloud their sense of reasoning, in situation like this it takes the grace of God for the accused to accept being a rapist because there is not evidence to attest to it. Unreported rape cases beyond 14days shouldn't be taken into consideration that's if the raped was not under detention or duress during the 14 days period

2 Likes

Re: How To Curb Rape Menace In The Society by Nobody: 9:44am On Jun 29, 2019
Rape is evil no matter how you see it. undecided

Say no to rape.
Re: How To Curb Rape Menace In The Society by Beadex1(m): 9:46am On Jun 29, 2019
CosmicPhoenix:
we cannot attack pastor totoyinbo and sympathise with rapenaldo,rape is rape #NoToRape
yea rape is very bad but why wait till now to spill it out, was the accuser under duress for the past 10years

1 Like

Re: How To Curb Rape Menace In The Society by Beadex1(m): 9:51am On Jun 29, 2019
Charelsz:
Rape is evil no matter how you see it. undecided

Say no to rape.
yes it is but why wait till now to say it. My ex-gf once told me how she was molested by her church member years ago and coincidentally this guy was my classmate in primary school. I asked her why didn't you tell your dad or mom about it her reply was that she was enjoying it that the guy use to rub at the entrance alone I was dumbfounded
Re: How To Curb Rape Menace In The Society by GraGra247(m): 10:55am On Jun 29, 2019
Beadex1:
yes it is but why wait till now to say it. My ex-gf once told me how she was molested by her church member years ago and coincidentally this guy was my classmate in primary school. I asked her why didn't you tell your dad or mom about it her reply was that she was enjoying it that the guy use to rub at the entrance alone I was dumbfounded

You see deception. One day after 30 years she'll wake up and call out the guy that has probably positively changed his life for rape he has managed to defeat the habit.

Lets call the same ladies out 30 years after for prostitution runs they did back in campus but have now changed and you'll see how they'll cry foul.
Re: How To Curb Rape Menace In The Society by Nobody: 11:20am On Jun 29, 2019
Nigerians shar.

The issue is not about speaking up. It’s about how to speak up and who to speak to. At 17, when all her family members sees the said pastor as a God, how did you expect her to go about it?

Rape happens everywhere and differently, even at work place. A lot of females have been raped by their bosses but they don’t speak out, just to keep their job and not be at the loosing end, because such cases can be easily swept under the carpet and the victims laid off.

If this said pastor was to be a tout, or an unknown person in the society, everyone must have start calling for his head already.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Curb Rape Menace In The Society by Beadex1(m): 11:31am On Jun 29, 2019
stupidity:
Nigerians shar.

The issue is not about speaking up. It’s about how to speak up and who to speak to. At 17, when all her family members sees the said pastor as a God, how did you expect her to go about it?

Rape happens everywhere and differently, even at work place. A lot of females have been raped by their bosses but they don’t speak out, just to keep their job and not be at the loosing end, because such cases can be easily swept under the carpet and the victims laid off.

If this said pastor was to be a tout, or an unknown person in the society, everyone must have start calling for his head already.
. Was the very act at hand done once or repeatedly at different intervals.... I was once electrocuted by our faulty fan switch it took me 2 years to adjust that fan again, I took precaution
Re: How To Curb Rape Menace In The Society by Nobody: 11:35am On Jun 29, 2019
Beadex1:
. Was the very act at hand done once or repeatedly at different intervals.... I was once electrocuted by our faulty fan switch it took me 2 years to adjust that fan again, I took precaution
can I ask you something, do you know you can be in a position to exploit someone far below you and he or she won’t dare speak up?

1 Like

Re: How To Curb Rape Menace In The Society by Beadex1(m): 11:49am On Jun 29, 2019
stupidity:
can I ask you something, do you know you can be in a position to exploit someone far below you and he or she won’t dare speak up?
maybe if some thing are attached to it like gifts or shut up money or salary yea its possible. Boss the truth of the matter is that there is no evidence of it, no DNA imprint of him on her. Her accusation maybe true or false. I believe if she wants to be taken serious let her go to the court and trash this out, having media trial is not an option.
Re: How To Curb Rape Menace In The Society by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jun 29, 2019
Beadex1:
maybe if some thing are attached to it like gifts or shut up money or salary yea its possible. Boss the truth of the matter is that there is no evidence of it, no DNA imprint of him on her. Her accusation maybe true or false. I believe if she wants to be taken serious let her go to the court and trash this out, having media trial is not an option.
this is where we are all getting it wrong. From what I read she spoke out about the rape. Did she threaten to take the matter to court?

Secondly asking for evidence of rape is like fetching water into a basket.

Rape happens in different form and 90 percent of the time, there’s no evidence to show if it actually happened or not.

Why am I even speaking on this issue is because we Nigerians are quick to lynch on a common man but when it comes to pastors and politicians we call the court of law into it. Also not speaking up dont automatically mean she enjoyed it and wanted more. It doesn’t mean the scar left her immediately.

Rape cases are very sensitive matters. When I was around 14 my cousin(a year older than me) confided in me about an uncle touching her inappropriately. Who do we report to? Who will believe us when we say it, just to be sure she’s safe, we were always tagging along so the said uncle doesn’t have a chance with her when he’s around. We were best buddies that was why she even confided in me.

She’s all grown and married with kids. Sometimes I look at her and remember the incident and smile. It’s all dead and forgotten now but if she decides to speak up someday, yeah, it happened. She was molested.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Curb Rape Menace In The Society by Beadex1(m): 12:26pm On Jun 29, 2019
stupidity:
this is where we are all getting it wrong. From what I read she spoke out about the rape. Did she threaten to take the matter to court?

Secondly asking for evidence of rape is like fetching water into a basket.

Rape happens in different form and 90 percent of the time, there’s no evidence to show if it actually happened or not.

Why am I even speaking on this issue is because we Nigerians are quick to lynch on a common man but when it comes to pastors and politicians we call the court of law into it. Also not speaking up dont automatically mean she enjoyed it and wanted more. It doesn’t mean the scar left her immediately.

Rape cases are very sensitive matters. When I was around 14 my cousin(a year older than me) confided in me about an uncle touching her inappropriately. Who do we report to? Who will believe us when we say it, just to be sure she’s safe, we were always tagging along so the said uncle doesn’t have a chance with her when he’s around. We were best buddies that was why she even confided in me.

She’s all grown and married with kids. Sometimes I look at her and remember the incident and smile. It’s all dead and forgotten now but if she decides to speak up someday, yeah, it happened. She was molested.

well rape case is a very dicey situation. Nigerian judiciary system is in a mess now and leave pastors out of this rape thing, because those we call pastors commit more atrocities than atheist or ritualist. Religion is a personal thing. I know of a Reverend father that screw fresh under 18
Re: How To Curb Rape Menace In The Society by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jun 29, 2019
Beadex1:
well rape case is a very dicey situation. Nigerian judiciary system is in a mess now and leave pastors out of this rape thing, because those we call pastors commit more atrocities than atheist or ritualist. Religion is a personal thing. I know of a Reverend father that screw fresh under 18
exactly bro.

Public figures in Nigeria can always sweep cases like this under the carpet and nothing will happen. So it’s not really about speaking up or not or why did she stay this long to speak up.

Haven’t we Nigerians been speaking up about bad governance in this country since independence? Who should we the masses prosecute? Even if we all come together to take this government to court, nothing will come out of it. What we all do is wail and let the matter die then endure it all and carry on like all is well. Anyways thanks for the insight. Have a nice day
Re: How To Curb Rape Menace In The Society by Beadex1(m): 12:59pm On Jun 29, 2019
stupidity:
exactly bro.

Public figures in Nigeria can always sweep cases like this under the carpet and nothing will happen. So it’s not really about speaking up or not or why did she stay this long to speak up.

Haven’t we Nigerians been speaking up about bad governance in this country since independence? Who should we the masses prosecute? Even if we all come together to take this government to court, nothing will come out of it. What we all do is wail and let the matter die then endure it all and carry on like all is well. Anyways thanks for the insight. Have a nice day
the all system is in a mess right now am praying for justice to prevail the matter done tire me
Re: How To Curb Rape Menace In The Society by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jun 29, 2019
Just have this form plus solid video coverage and ur covered.

(1) (Reply)

Dating Is Not the Right Way to Get a Spouse / Which Would You Choose- Love Or Money?- Honest Answers Please / What Does A Woman Want?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.