Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:26 AM

Terrorism - I Did Not Exonerate Mend -jonathan - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Terrorism - I Did Not Exonerate Mend -jonathan (4767 Views)

Terrorism: I Headed A Military That Lacked Equipment & Motivation To Fight – CDS / UK Courts Did Not Exonerate Kasamu Of Drug Peddling Charges: FG / Mend: Jonathan Is a Liar, We Will Strike Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Terrorism - I Did Not Exonerate Mend -jonathan by Nobody: 1:24pm On Oct 08, 2010
Faeb:

What damage control? It is his first statement that was damage control, because the whole bomb plot was meant to look like MEND actions. It is now quite clear that is wasn't MEND. Even then, the deception still goes on. CNN sacked a reporter for a fake report with so called Niger Delta militants; Okah's Aljazeera "phone call" has been irrivocably proven to be false; The old bats lead by Yakasai, Ciroma and Kanti Bello have been told off (and made to look as foolish and loony as they truly are) by the political powers and the people for calling for impeachment; Dokpesi is said to be singing like a birdie. . .

Truth always outs itself, so let the vultures enjoy their short lived parade. Their plan is weak.
Can't you see your swimming against the tide of TRUTH here. Why have you sworn to insulting peoples' sensibility. Take a few minutes and listen to your very self. By the way, I like you better with your other name - BEAF.
Re: Terrorism - I Did Not Exonerate Mend -jonathan by Ugeh: 1:25pm On Oct 08, 2010
Bawss1:

This all appears to me as a belated attempt at damage control. If only he had just shut the hell up in the first place.

My broda, GEJ should know that there is a situation you walk yourself into that the only way out is to remain silent and let everybody interpret your statement the way he or she understand. It gets murkier with  further utterances. He may yet have some more explanation.
Re: Terrorism - I Did Not Exonerate Mend -jonathan by Faeb: 1:30pm On Oct 08, 2010
jabbok:

Can't you see your swimming against the tide of TRUTH here. Why have you sworn to insulting peoples' sensibility. Take a few minutes and listen to your very self. By the way, I like you better with your other name - BEAF.

All I said in a long word is, the truth is coming out. So, you are afraid of the truth? shocked
Yeah, let the vultures enjoy their short lived party, cos the pack of lies is unravelling everywhere. The evil empire is falling, nothing you can do about that. Nigeria must be purified and the process is at quarter to midnight, so enjoy the death throes; its an ugly sight.
Re: Terrorism - I Did Not Exonerate Mend -jonathan by Nobody: 1:42pm On Oct 08, 2010
^
For u If you can read

“We know those behind the attack and the persons sponsoring them; they are terrorists not MEND. The name of MEND that operates in Niger Delta was only used. I grew up in the Niger Delta so nobody can claim to know Niger Delta than myself, because I am from Niger Delta”

—President Goodluck Jonathan

"When President Jonathan, during a visit to the National Hospital to commiserate with victims of the bombing, said the terrorist act should not merely be ascribed to MEND, what he was simply saying was that nobody should use the name of any organization to cover up a heinous crime. He was not absolving MEND or any other group of blame or culpability"

-Mr. Sully Abu(director of media and publicity Jonathan campaign organisation)
Re: Terrorism - I Did Not Exonerate Mend -jonathan by kingsido: 1:54pm On Oct 08, 2010
ibb = independence bomb blast
Re: Terrorism - I Did Not Exonerate Mend -jonathan by ogazi007(m): 1:59pm On Oct 08, 2010
This president is a comedy.i thought he was a bit smarter than this.lmao.
Re: Terrorism - I Did Not Exonerate Mend -jonathan by whizkid10(m): 2:14pm On Oct 08, 2010
We are so daf in this country,Especially those of our ENEMIES from the so-called major tribes of NIGERIA.We juz refused to say the truth because GOODLUCK is from the minority,& yet you dont want the minority to split from you,Maybe JEHOVAH GOD OF ISREAL is the one that is confusing you,Maybe the time for this country to split is near.Rember the AMerican intelegent report bout nigeria.GOD PUNISH ONE IBB!!GOD PUNISH NEF!!! GOD PUNISH those that are suporting EVIL.WHY DIDNT HE GO TO EAGLE SQUARE FOR THE 50TH ANIVESARY.
Re: Terrorism - I Did Not Exonerate Mend -jonathan by 9ijaMan: 2:15pm On Oct 08, 2010
Faeb:

What damage control? It is his first statement that was damage control, because the whole bomb plot was meant to look like MEND actions. It is now quite clear that is wasn't MEND. Even then, the deception still goes on. CNN sacked a reporter for a fake report with so called Niger Delta militants; Okah's Aljazeera "phone call" has been irrivocably proven to be false; The old bats lead by Yakasai, Ciroma and Kanti Bello have been told off (and made to look as foolish and loony as they truly are) by the political powers and the people for calling for impeachment; Dokpesi is said to be singing like a birdie. . .

Truth always outs itself, so let the vultures enjoy their short lived parade. Their plan is weak.

Are you kidding me? Which phone call? Who has irrevocably proven it to be false?

Beaf abi na Feab or whatever you call yourself, I'll advice you spend a few minutes to digest your planned posts properly before you expose your ignorance. Reputable media house have showed that once again, FG lied about the authenticity of Okah's phone call. Okah is in custody and FG have not been able to provide any shred of evidence to prove his culpability. In developed societies even criminals are allowed to make phone calls, talk-less of someone who's merely a suspect. For your info, the guy will be released if your GEJ & his bunch of clowns cannot provide any prove of Okah's involvement in the blast. I can almost bet, they'll find none.
Re: Terrorism - I Did Not Exonerate Mend -jonathan by beejaay: 2:17pm On Oct 08, 2010
jabbok:

^
For u If you can read

“We know those behind the attack and the persons sponsoring them;[color=#006600] they are terrorists not MEND. The name of MEND that operates in Niger Delta was only used[/b]. I grew up in the Niger Delta so nobody can claim to know Niger Delta than myself, because I am from Niger Delta”[/color]

"When President Jonathan, during a visit to the National Hospital to commiserate with victims of the bombing, said the terrorist act [b]should not merely be ascribed to MEND
, what he was simply saying was that nobody should use the name of any organization to cover up a heinous crime. He was not absolving MEND or any other group of blame or culpability"

are u sure u can read? cos im begining to doubt that you go to school. u posted something your and yet u cant understand it. im so sorry for your parents. it seems they just wasted their fund on u.
Re: Terrorism - I Did Not Exonerate Mend -jonathan by 9ijaMan: 2:18pm On Oct 08, 2010
whizkid10:

We are so daf in this country,Especially those of our ENEMIES from the so-called major tribes of NIGERIA.We juz refused to say the truth because GOODLUCK is from the minority,& yet you dont want the minority to split from you,Maybe JEHOVAH GOD OF ISREAL is the one that is confusing you,Maybe the time for this country to split is near.Rember the AMerican intelegent report bout nigeria.GOD PUNISH ONE IBB!!GOD PUNISH NEF!!! GOD PUNISH those that are suporting EVIL.WHY DIDNT HE GO TO EAGLE SQUARE FOR THE 50TH ANIVESARY.

If curses and vituperation like the ones you are spewing would have any effect on those you are directing such at, you probably would have had your way. The issue at stake had nothing to do with region or Nepotism until GEJ made his unguarded statments. Abeg go siddon.
Re: Terrorism - I Did Not Exonerate Mend -jonathan by sirabbey(m): 2:20pm On Oct 08, 2010
Uncle Joe is singing discordant tunes and in the words of Prof Wole Soyinka, he is speaking from the four cardinal points of his mouth. This brings to mind the words of the scripture in Ecc 10:16 "Woe to thee, O land, when thy king is a Child" with every passing moment and speech made Ebele keeps showing himself as the best man most unsuitable to lead Nigeria.
Re: Terrorism - I Did Not Exonerate Mend -jonathan by 9ijaMan: 2:21pm On Oct 08, 2010
Don't Believe anything until the Government denies it.
Re: Terrorism - I Did Not Exonerate Mend -jonathan by Nobody: 2:26pm On Oct 08, 2010
beejaay:

are u sure u can read? cos im begining to doubt that you go to school. u posted something your and yet u cant understand it. im so sorry for your parents. it seems they just wasted their fund on u.

What happened to this statement below?:

"Okah is a drowning man" - President Jonathan

[size=15pt]Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Azikiwe[/size] [size=15pt]| Awolowo Belewa[/size] soon to be appended = [size=15pt]Inconsistency incorporated![/size]
Re: Terrorism - I Did Not Exonerate Mend -jonathan by Faeb: 2:32pm On Oct 08, 2010
9ijaMan:

Are you kidding me? Which phone call? Who has irrevocably proven it to be false?

Beaf abi na Feab or whatever you call yourself, I'll advice you spend a few minutes to digest your planned posts properly before you expose your ignorance. Reputable media house have showed that once again, FG lied about the authenticity of Okah's phone call. Okah is in custody and FG have not been able to provide any shred of evidence to prove his culpability. In developed societies even criminals are allowed to make phone calls, talk-less of someone who's merely a suspect. For your info, the guy will be released if your GEJ & his bunch of clowns cannot provide any prove of Okah's involvement in the blast. I can almost bet, they'll find none.

You are funny. SA Authorities say the phone call is fake. You can yammer on about your own sentiments, but sorry, they don't count.
Re: Terrorism - I Did Not Exonerate Mend -jonathan by Faeb: 2:36pm On Oct 08, 2010
beejaay:

Tell am jare!
Its strange, isn't it? That a grown up has placed two sentences side by side and can't correctly interprete them. But hold on, he will blame PDP for his mental malfunction.
Re: Terrorism - I Did Not Exonerate Mend -jonathan by Kobojunkie: 2:40pm On Oct 08, 2010
Faeb:

You are funny. SA Authorities say the phone call is fake. You can yammer on about your own sentiments, but sorry, they don't count.

Where is the proof of this claim? How exactly is the phone call fake?
Re: Terrorism - I Did Not Exonerate Mend -jonathan by Faeb: 2:44pm On Oct 08, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Where is the proof of this claim? How exactly is the phone call fake?

It is fake, in that Okah never made any call. However, the SA authorities would no doubt, oblige your written enquiry for proof of their word.
Re: Terrorism - I Did Not Exonerate Mend -jonathan by Abagworo(m): 2:49pm On Oct 08, 2010
whizkid10:

Many neutral people on Nairaland that disagree with Jonathan's handling of the MEND bombings are from minority including Ijaw.IBB whom you might mistakenly be thinking is Hausa is actually from a minority ethnicity much smaller than Ijaw.
Re: Terrorism - I Did Not Exonerate Mend -jonathan by SABalogun: 3:53pm On Oct 08, 2010
May God help us in nigeria.
Re: Terrorism - I Did Not Exonerate Mend -jonathan by beejaay: 4:43pm On Oct 08, 2010
jabbok:

What happened to this statement below?:

"Okah is a drowning man" - President Jonathan

[size=15pt]Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Azikiwe[/size] [size=15pt]| Awolowo Belewa[/size] soon to be appended = [size=15pt]Inconsistency incorporated![/size]
must you post why switching to another statement when u are still unable to understand your first first post. just because u want to increase the number of your post. this is arrant nonsense. please grow up.
@faeb if you want to go down the intellectual road with people, u should atleast pick the average intelligent fellow and not those that just want to hit their keyboard.

“We know those behind the attack and the persons sponsoring them;[color=#006600] [color=#006600]they are terrorists not MEND. [color=#006600]The name of MEND that operates in Niger Delta was only used[/b][/color]. I grew up in the Niger Delta so nobody can claim to know Niger Delta than myself, because I am from Niger Delta”[/color]

"When President Jonathan, during a visit to the National Hospital to commiserate with victims of the bombing, said the terrorist act [b]should not merely be ascribed to MEND, what he was simply saying was that nobody should use the name of any organization to cover up a heinous crime. He was not absolving MEND or any other group of blame or culpability"

[/color]

please read it again and tell your us if u now understand
Re: Terrorism - I Did Not Exonerate Mend -jonathan by Pharoh: 6:16pm On Oct 08, 2010
^^

Don't mind those clowns who cannot interprete simple english. grin
Re: Terrorism - I Did Not Exonerate Mend -jonathan by Nobody: 6:29pm On Oct 08, 2010
the next thing they will tell us is that dokpesi was arrested cause of taxes grin grin grin
Re: Terrorism - I Did Not Exonerate Mend -jonathan by flexshop(m): 6:34pm On Oct 08, 2010
beejaay:

must you post why switching to another statement when u are still unable to understand your first first post. just because u want to increase the number of your post. this is arrant nonsense. please grow up.
@faeb if you want to go down the intellectual road with people, u should atleast pick the average intelligent fellow and not those that just want to hit their keyboard.

“We know those behind the attack and the persons sponsoring them;[color=#006600] [color=#006600]they are terrorists not MEND. [color=#006600]The name of MEND that operates in Niger Delta was only used[/b][/color]. I grew up in the Niger Delta so nobody can claim to know Niger Delta than myself, because I am from Niger Delta”[/color]

"When President Jonathan, during a visit to the National Hospital to commiserate with victims of the bombing, said the terrorist act [b]should not merely be ascribed to MEND, what he was simply saying was that nobody should use the name of any organization to cover up a heinous crime. He was not absolving MEND or any other group of blame or culpability"

[/color]

please read it again and tell your us if u now understand

I think u are the one to re-read the post and tel us if u understand it. And if u need my PERSPICACITY on the above post.feel free to ask.
No wonder we are RULED by fools and illiterates,
Mtcheeewn
Re: Terrorism - I Did Not Exonerate Mend -jonathan by flexshop(m): 6:38pm On Oct 08, 2010
Pharoh:

^^

Don't mind those clowns who cannot interprete simple english. grin

Like TAFIDA like PHAROH,
Go on and insult the intelligence of nairalanders.Tafida did same to 150million nigerians,
Rubb!sh
Re: Terrorism - I Did Not Exonerate Mend -jonathan by ogb5(m): 6:42pm On Oct 08, 2010
jabbok:

^

“We know those behind the attack and the persons sponsoring them; they are terrorists not MEND. The name of MEND that operates in Niger Delta was only used. I grew up in the Niger Delta so nobody can claim to know Niger Delta than myself, because I am from Niger Delta”

"When President Jonathan, during a visit to the National Hospital to commiserate with victims of the bombing, said the terrorist act should not merely be ascribed to MEND, what he was simply saying was that nobody should use the name of any organization to cover up a heinous crime. He was not absolving MEND or any other group of blame or culpability"

After being on Nairaland for quite some time, I have noticed that many people on Nairaland just talk (write) without listening to themselves. People come online to defend some preconceived positions and nothing someone else says will make them see reasons.

Several misconceptions are coming out of these bomb blast issue.

1st, Looking at the statement credited to GEJ, I do not see where he exonorated MEND. In fact He said the name of mend was used to carry out the bomb attack. But does using the name of MEND make it a MEND attack? I don't think so, What I think the president trying to do is to unveil MEND as we know it and get to the Culprits of this heinous crime. We can't just say it is MEND and go to sleep, Who in MEND ordered the attack and for what purpose. If for example Okar, or any other menber of MEND for selfish reasons, collects money from Enemies of Nigeria and set off a Bomb. Can you really ascribe it to MEND? I don't think so. We must unveil MEND and know who did what, many members of MEND have renounced violence, so ascribing the bomb blast to all of them is unjust.

The members of MEND are known to Govt and the Security agencies. They got a threat days before the attack, they contacted the MEND mermbers they knew, all denied planning an attack, even Okar denied planning an attack hence he was released by the SA authorities. Govt certainly know where the threat were coming from, and if they say Terrorists are mascuarading as MEND to cause havoc, who are these people on Nairaland to say no one is mascuarading as MEND. What intel do you people have to show that it is MEND  and not someone else paid to do it and ascribe it to MEND. Certainly govt intel must be strong to warrant the British deciding against gracing the occassion.

2. The other angle is the one of Minority and Majority tribes, We have seen some people trying to say, Gowon, IBB, abacha, Shagari are from minority tribes, hence the minority tribes have ruled Nigeria for a longer time than the majority tribes.
This crap. people just try to twist logic to suite their purpose. We all know that the minority tribes in the north have in addition to their dialet a common language which is Hausa and when national discuss goes on, they are unified to a large extent by the common hausa language. coming out to say they are minorities does not fly because they are unified by one major tribe and they see themselves as unified.

Like I said there are several people on Nairaland, those who are of age and others that are not, those who can hold educated discourse  and others who can't. if you are a child and can not fully understand what is being discussed, pls go to the Video game or gossip section. Those who can not hold educated discourse, go to the jokes section
Re: Terrorism - I Did Not Exonerate Mend -jonathan by snakova(m): 6:43pm On Oct 08, 2010
@bee jaay
Of course we understand. Goodluck said on NTA network news, MEND did not carry out the attack. He then invited Ex-MEND to further his claims. Now they and mumu you are saying they are not exonerating anyone. You are the one to re-examine your brain cos its seems to have a lot of poo coming out of it. As for Dokpesi singing/squirming, what do you expect? This is a man threatened with death for something he might know nothing about. Don't you think Goodluck has the power to incacerate him without any trial or evidence? why do think he was released? I watched one very interesting show on politics on AIT that i enjoyed watching hitherto till yesterday's episode. Sully abu, Jonathan zwingina and one scared comrade were invited to shed more light on the whole bomb saga. What a lopsided composition. Even the usually critical host was finding it difficult to complete his sentences,stammering. So, you see, all this politics of intimidation should be stopped, rather if GEJ was more sensible, he should have set about winning the hearts of Nigerians, and turned the tragedy to his advantage. Instead, he chose to battle it out with an old war-horse, dishonoring the memory of my lost friend and classmate. As for your discredited 'phone call', i think we would all like to see 'credible' sources. Dimwit
Re: Terrorism - I Did Not Exonerate Mend -jonathan by flexshop(m): 6:49pm On Oct 08, 2010
ogb5:

After being on Nairaland for quite some time, I have noticed that many people on Nairaland just talk (write) without listening to themselves. People come online to defend some preconceived positions and nothing someone else says will make them see reasons.

Several misconceptions are coming out of these bomb blast issue.

1st, Looking at the statement credited to GEJ, I do not see where he exonorated MEND. In fact He said the name of mend was used to carry out the bomb attack. But does using the name of MEND make it a MEND attack? I don't think so, What I think the president trying to do is to unveil MEND as we know it and get to the Culprits of this heinous crime. We can't just say it is MEND and go to sleep, Who in MEND ordered the attack and for what purpose. If for example Okar, or any other menber of MEND for selfish reasons, collects money from Enemies of Nigeria and set off a Bomb. Can you really ascribe it to MEND? I don't think so. We must unveil MEND and know who did what, many members of MEND have renounced violence, so ascribing the bomb blast to all of them is unjust.

The members of MEND are known to Govt and the Security agencies. They got a threat days before the attack, they contacted the MEND mermbers they knew, all denied planning an attack, even Okar denied planning an attack hence he was released by the SA authorities. Govt certainly know where the threat were coming from, and if they say Terrorists are mascuarading as MEND to cause havoc, who are these people on Nairaland to say no one is mascuarading as MEND. What intel do you people have to show that it is MEND  and not someone else paid to do it and ascribe it to MEND. Certainly govt intel must be strong to warrant the British deciding against gracing the occassion.

2. The other angle is the one of Minority and Majority tribes, We have seen some people trying to say, Gowon, IBB, abacha, Shagari are from minority tribes, hence the minority tribes have ruled Nigeria for a longer time than the majority tribes.
This crap. people just try to twist logic to suite their purpose. We all know that the minority tribes in the north have in addition to their dialet a common language which is Hausa and when national discuss goes on, they are unified to a large extent by the common hausa language. coming out to say they are minorities does not fly because they are unified by one major tribe and they see themselves as unified.

Like I said there are several people on Nairaland, those who are of age and others that are not, those who can hold educated discourse  and others who can't. if you are a child and can not fully understand what is being discussed, pls go to the Video game or gossip section. Those who can not hold educated discourse, go to the jokes section

'they are terrorists and NOT MEND'

Should d bolded portion be translated to SWAHILI before you understand it.
Geez
Re: Terrorism - I Did Not Exonerate Mend -jonathan by beejaay: 6:55pm On Oct 08, 2010
snakova:

@bee jaay
Of course we understand. Goodluck said on NTA network news, MEND did not carry out the attack. He then invited Ex-MEND to further his claims. Now they and mumu you are saying they are not exonerating anyone. You are the one to re-examine your brain cos its seems to have a lot of poo coming out of it. As for Dokpesi singing/squirming, what do you expect? This is a man threatened with death for something he might know nothing about. Don't you think Goodluck has the power to incacerate him without any trial or evidence? why do think he was released? I watched one very interesting show on politics on AIT that i enjoyed watching hitherto till yesterday's episode. Sully abu, Jonathan zwingina and one scared comrade were invited to shed more light on the whole bomb saga. What a lopsided composition. Even the usually critical host was finding it difficult to complete his sentences,stammering. So, you see, all this politics of intimidation should be stopped, rather if GEJ was more sensible, he should have set about winning the hearts of Nigerians, and turned the tragedy to his advantage. Instead, he chose to battle it out with an old war-horse, dishonoring the memory of my lost friend and classmate. As for your discredited 'phone call', i think we would all like to see 'credible' sources. Dimwit
are you this stupid?? where did u school? i asked because you cant seems to understand a single sentence. i doubt you go to school and if u do, u definitely didn't write any exam cos if u do, u would av at least read 1000 pages of notes or handout. your parent should be crying for wasting their hard earned money. u are no different from mr ibu. dindinrin alai ni irori
Re: Terrorism - I Did Not Exonerate Mend -jonathan by ogb5(m): 6:56pm On Oct 08, 2010
flexshop:

Geez

can youn explain what you understand by the statement

"The name of MEND that operates in Niger Delta was only used"
Re: Terrorism - I Did Not Exonerate Mend -jonathan by beejaay: 6:58pm On Oct 08, 2010
flexshop:

Geez

shut the f**k up and continue smoking ur bestfriend. dindinrin oponu jati jati

read it again "they are terrorists not MEND. The name of MEND that operates in Niger Delta was only used"
Re: Terrorism - I Did Not Exonerate Mend -jonathan by beejaay: 7:00pm On Oct 08, 2010
ogb5:

can youn explain what you understand by the statement

"The name of MEND that operates in Niger Delta was only used"
thank you so much for your post. at least there are still sensible people left on NL.
the guy is so daft that he should be living in the zoo
Re: Terrorism - I Did Not Exonerate Mend -jonathan by ogb5(m): 7:04pm On Oct 08, 2010
beejaay:

thank you so much for your post. at least there are still sensible people left on NL.
the guy is so daft that he should be living in the zoo

Thats what you get for coming to a public forum on the internet, you may well be arguing with a 3 year old, Thats why I said children should go to the video game section

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Different Between Communism And Democracy. / 2,500 Members From Oyo Acn Return To Pdp / Senator Obende Calls On FG To Ban Night Travelling

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.