Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,474 members, 7,836,875 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:55 PM

Senator Elisha Abbo: Lauretta Onochie Tells Police To Arrest Senator - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senator Elisha Abbo: Lauretta Onochie Tells Police To Arrest Senator (37166 Views)

Pull In Obi For Questioning, Heavens Will Not Fall – Lauretta Onochie Tells DSS / Dot Nation Shirt: We Did Not Arrest Senator Abaribe - DSS / Lauretta Onochie Tells Nnamdi Kanu To Apply For "Zoo Visa" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senator Elisha Abbo: Lauretta Onochie Tells Police To Arrest Senator by 9jaBloke: 8:27am On Jul 03, 2019
How would this one make laws on assault and battery
Re: Senator Elisha Abbo: Lauretta Onochie Tells Police To Arrest Senator by foreshore(m): 8:27am On Jul 03, 2019
pressmanng:
The president Muhammadu Buharis aide on Social Media, Lauretta Onochie has said that she didn't understand why Nigerians a calling for senator Elisha Abbo to step down for what he has done.

How does stepping down help? We should be calling on The Police to arrest and prosecute him.

Lauretta Onochie wrote the message on her Twitter

"Serving Nigerian Senator Elisha Abbo assaults a female staff in an Adult toy shop with a Police officer watching.

What I don't understand is why Nigerians are calling on him to step down. How does stepping down help? We should be calling on d @PoliceNG to arrest and prosecute him"

https://www.pressmanng.com/2019/07/i-dont-understand-why-nigerians-are.html?m=1

What is this Ashawo saying? He needs to step down and also be arrested to be prosecuted by the Nigeria Police
Re: Senator Elisha Abbo: Lauretta Onochie Tells Police To Arrest Senator by joseph1832(m): 8:28am On Jul 03, 2019
"Step down" is now the trending word for many Nigerians.
Re: Senator Elisha Abbo: Lauretta Onochie Tells Police To Arrest Senator by gwinaB(m): 8:28am On Jul 03, 2019
FunkyAlhaji2015:
I cried when i watched that video. Is it now a crime to be an ordinary citizen? The lady was beaten like an animal for commiting no crime. How can a man be so brutal?

I am surprised that the senator hasn't been arrested already

And you weren't the one slapped oo. If they had slapped you nko?
Re: Senator Elisha Abbo: Lauretta Onochie Tells Police To Arrest Senator by snipernigga(m): 8:29am On Jul 03, 2019
Thesame police that stood by and did nothing, or is it sharia police?
Re: Senator Elisha Abbo: Lauretta Onochie Tells Police To Arrest Senator by alezzy13: 8:29am On Jul 03, 2019
Stepping down is left for his constituency to decide, not lazy, idiotic internet noise makers.

Being a senator does not render him immune from criminal prosecution, so police should do their job
Re: Senator Elisha Abbo: Lauretta Onochie Tells Police To Arrest Senator by NwaJozi: 8:29am On Jul 03, 2019
What does she ever understand?
Re: Senator Elisha Abbo: Lauretta Onochie Tells Police To Arrest Senator by bentlywills(m): 8:30am On Jul 03, 2019
Because he has using his power as a senator to intimidate us
Re: Senator Elisha Abbo: Lauretta Onochie Tells Police To Arrest Senator by nairavsdollars(f): 8:32am On Jul 03, 2019
Would she have said that if he is an APC senator?
Re: Senator Elisha Abbo: Lauretta Onochie Tells Police To Arrest Senator by Skepticus: 8:32am On Jul 03, 2019
AntiBrutus:
Thank God for video...
Alfamales for done twist am.

They will even say the lady hit him first.

I don't care if he steps down or not.
Lots of the ones calling for his step down are same thing. Bunch of mental cases parading themselves as humans.

Your obsession with alpha males, though. I suspect you are an alpha widow.

Anyway, the alpha male thing is a social farce.
Re: Senator Elisha Abbo: Lauretta Onochie Tells Police To Arrest Senator by Cherrybae(f): 8:32am On Jul 03, 2019
I agree with you ma. You remain my mentor and role model. How I wish the Nigerian youths can emulate your life style.

I love you ma
Re: Senator Elisha Abbo: Lauretta Onochie Tells Police To Arrest Senator by Nobody: 8:33am On Jul 03, 2019
IamD18:
"Step down" is now their new slogan, following Pastor Biodun's rape saga.

Common sense, dem no get!!

in human countries, politicians are forced to step down for less to focus on clearing their name.
but in Nigeria, Dariye was still a senator receiving his allowances while in prison

1 Like

Re: Senator Elisha Abbo: Lauretta Onochie Tells Police To Arrest Senator by Nobody: 8:33am On Jul 03, 2019
[s]
Skepticus:

Your obsession with alpha males, though. I suspect you are an alpha widow.

Anyway, the alpha male thing is a social farce.
[/s]

Cc; Lawma undecided
Re: Senator Elisha Abbo: Lauretta Onochie Tells Police To Arrest Senator by Bossjakande: 8:34am On Jul 03, 2019
AntiBrutus:
Thank God for video...
Alfamales for done twist am.

They will even say the lady hit him first.

I don't care if he steps down or not.
Lots of the ones calling for his step down are same thing. Bunch of mental cases parading themselves as humans.
hmmmm
Re: Senator Elisha Abbo: Lauretta Onochie Tells Police To Arrest Senator by obailala(m): 8:35am On Jul 03, 2019
The only reason people say 'step down' is because stepping down is the worst possible punishment that can be meted out on a public office holder in Nigeria. For a 'big man' in Nigeria, every other punishment you can think about will certainly not happen.
Re: Senator Elisha Abbo: Lauretta Onochie Tells Police To Arrest Senator by toprealman: 8:35am On Jul 03, 2019
How can this clueless woman come out with such poo.
For 5years +.....this man has been a customer to an adult shop, buying Love Machine. I don't even want to know its purpose.
You raise you hand to beat a girl young enough to be your daughter and you bring police to arrest her too.
Why should he step down you ask madam clueless?
The foolish man parading himself as a senator lacks the moral character to be called a Nigerian senator.
Re: Senator Elisha Abbo: Lauretta Onochie Tells Police To Arrest Senator by Nobody: 8:36am On Jul 03, 2019
The offence was not committed in the course of his official duties so there's no legislative immunity.

The Nigerian Policemen who were witnesses to the offence and who actively participated in committing battery against a Nigerian citizen promotes what would have been battery simplicita to battery with a deadly weapon.

The fact that both potential defendants in this case have substantial entanglement with thefederal government could also cause a finding of state action, thus the federal government could potentially be added as a defendant.

That is just the criminal aspect

Civilly, the senator's action raises tort liability for battery with a deadly weapon because of the presence of armed policemen and their active participation.
The difference in power and status underscores the point that themechanism of state was employed to intimidate and terrorize a Nigerian citizen.
Furthermore, the receptionist should be joined as co-plaintiff in action for Intentional Infliction of Emotional Distress.....I dey vex

1 Like

Re: Senator Elisha Abbo: Lauretta Onochie Tells Police To Arrest Senator by celeiyke: 8:36am On Jul 03, 2019
This is the only time she has said something reasonable. Maybe palm wine is finished
Re: Senator Elisha Abbo: Lauretta Onochie Tells Police To Arrest Senator by Sonnobax15(m): 8:36am On Jul 03, 2019
More controversial issues are warminq up...I was thinkinq the arrival of BBN would automatically displace such news from reachinq the FP,but funny enouqh,it hasn't qotten an effect.
Re: Senator Elisha Abbo: Lauretta Onochie Tells Police To Arrest Senator by Nobody: 8:36am On Jul 03, 2019
Bossjakande:
hmmmm

I lie? If the lady had come out to say he beat her. Same people saying step down will make excuses for him. Abegi!
Re: Senator Elisha Abbo: Lauretta Onochie Tells Police To Arrest Senator by SolarKing1: 8:37am On Jul 03, 2019
Nigeria shall be great again.

Re: Senator Elisha Abbo: Lauretta Onochie Tells Police To Arrest Senator by Nobody: 8:38am On Jul 03, 2019
Feminist ,on board, food is ready.

If say nah me I go even slap am more than that. So lady are so stupid and abusive . That's the reason why you hardly see 10 years marriage anniversary.

Nonsense.... If you do want to see the problem of women , avoid them like a sore finger. Stay single like me if you can, and you will live the most peaceful life.

Women and trouble and woe they are 6 &7
Re: Senator Elisha Abbo: Lauretta Onochie Tells Police To Arrest Senator by Smile4daddy(m): 8:39am On Jul 03, 2019
After sex, you gotta text her and ask if she, enjoyed it? Keep her reply as receipt because "rape accusation can emerge at any fucking time."
Re: Senator Elisha Abbo: Lauretta Onochie Tells Police To Arrest Senator by Acidosis(m): 8:41am On Jul 03, 2019
Stepping down is better than the yeye prosecution you ediots dish out to men in power. Las las, he would bail himself with 100k and a level 16 officer (surety).

The most barbaric thing about this country is that people like Lauretta lost their voices when Nigerians raise same concern against Gandollar. Bunch of hypocritical and sentimental criminals!
Re: Senator Elisha Abbo: Lauretta Onochie Tells Police To Arrest Senator by Nobody: 8:42am On Jul 03, 2019
[s]
glink2015:
Feminist ,on board, food is ready.

If say nah me I go even slap am more than that. So lady are so stupid and abusive . That's the reason why you hardly see 10 years marriage anniversary.

Nonsense.... If you do want to see the problem of women , avoid them like a sore finger. Stay single like me if you can, and you will live the most peaceful life.

Women and trouble and woe they are 6 &7
[/s]

It is you people heating up the world.
Na una full prisons across the world, yet women are the ones with trouble.

Oloripelebe!

3 Likes

Re: Senator Elisha Abbo: Lauretta Onochie Tells Police To Arrest Senator by Nobody: 8:42am On Jul 03, 2019
AntiBrutus:

I lie? If the lady had come out to say he beat her. Same people saying step down will make excuses for him. Abegi!

they already are.

see last comment.

Re: Senator Elisha Abbo: Lauretta Onochie Tells Police To Arrest Senator by Bossjakande: 8:44am On Jul 03, 2019
AntiBrutus:

he was wrong to beat her like DAT since she didnt insult or attack him first.not all men are like dis I cant make any excuse for him.
Re: Senator Elisha Abbo: Lauretta Onochie Tells Police To Arrest Senator by Acidosis(m): 8:44am On Jul 03, 2019
Cherrybae:
I agree with you ma. You remain my mentor and role model. How I wish the Nigerian youths my sisters and daughters can emulate your life style.

I love you ma

Fixed!

E-diots
Re: Senator Elisha Abbo: Lauretta Onochie Tells Police To Arrest Senator by Nobody: 8:46am On Jul 03, 2019
ornicus:

they already are.

see last comment.

Lol, ndi protesters. Who did this to some guys abeg? How person no go get sense like this?
Re: Senator Elisha Abbo: Lauretta Onochie Tells Police To Arrest Senator by Cherrybae(f): 8:46am On Jul 03, 2019
Acidosis:

Fixed!

E-diots

I can mother you, why insult me.

Bloody civillian

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Designers Of Nigeria At 60 Say Logo Was Not Paid For / Pictures From APC Presidential Campaign Rally In Abuja / CUPP Leaks EFCC Memo Vindicating Onnoghen, Exposes Fg's Next Move Against CJN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.