Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,985 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:45 AM

Minimum Wage: Details Of Lawan, NLC Meeting Over Nationwide Strike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Minimum Wage: Details Of Lawan, NLC Meeting Over Nationwide Strike (19829 Views)

Photos From NLC Meeting With President Tinubu / Pictures Of NLC President Ajaero & Oshiomhole At The FG & NLC Meeting / Buhari, Task Force Meet Today Over Nationwide Lockdown (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Minimum Wage: Details Of Lawan, NLC Meeting Over Nationwide Strike by chisomdoris: 6:22am On Jul 04, 2019
President of the Senate, Dr Ahmad Lawan on Wednesday appealed to the Nigeria Labour Congress, (NLC) to shelve its proposed industrial action over alleged delay in implementation of the N30,000 minimum wage.

Lawan made the appeal when the executives of the NLC and the Parliamentary Staff Association of Nigeria, (PASAN) led by Mr Ayuba Waba and Sunday Sabiyi paid him a courtesy visit in Abuja.

Lawan called for further understanding and patriotism, adding that some states had started paying the agreed minimum wage.

“We should not encourage personal issue to overshadow our collective responsibility to nation building.

“We will journey with you to ensure absolute implementation of the minimum wage by the Federal government,” Lawan pleaded.

He also assured PASAN to collaborate with the management and leadership of the National Assembly, urging it to present issue-based arguments, instead on engaging strike action to press home its demands.

He also said the ninth assembly would not be detracted, but remained focused in pursuing growth in every sector of the country.

The NLC President later presented a congratulatory card to Lawan on his emergence as the Chairman of the National Assembly.

He also pledged the commitment and collaboration of the labour unions to the legislators.

Earlier, the Chairman, PASAN, Sunday Sabiyi congratulated Lawan on what he described an impressive emergence as the President of the Senate.

He urged him to put into use, his wealth of experience as a ranking senator to the service and protection of the interests of Nigerians.

Sabiyi used the occasion to present the demands of the parliamentary staff in National Assembly.

He listed the demands to include implementation of 2018 arrears of 28 per cent and balance of 50 per cent consolidated Legislative salary, implementation of condition of service, recently approved by the eight National Assembly, training of staff, health insurance and life insurance premium.

Read more here https://thickmatch.com/minimum-wage-details-lawan-nlc-meeting-nationwide-strike/

1 Share

Re: Minimum Wage: Details Of Lawan, NLC Meeting Over Nationwide Strike by leo047: 6:32am On Jul 04, 2019
Very funny....you guys(senators) goes home with extremely FAT salaries every month for doing nothing and the real people doing the work doesn't deserve to be paid well. It's obvious most of you doesn't have hearts again......bunch of idiots!

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Minimum Wage: Details Of Lawan, NLC Meeting Over Nationwide Strike by namiji2598: 6:32am On Jul 04, 2019
I doubt if the government are really serious about this minimum wage issue sad angry
If it is issues like welcoming package, it should have been settled since time immemorial

If it is issues like RUGA, it should have been taken serious grin

But anything that gat to do with the masses, they don't give a fvck

cool shocked angry angry grin grin

8 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: Details Of Lawan, NLC Meeting Over Nationwide Strike by Zikomakanaki(m): 6:32am On Jul 04, 2019
Solution da
Re: Minimum Wage: Details Of Lawan, NLC Meeting Over Nationwide Strike by Iyajelili(f): 6:33am On Jul 04, 2019
We will
Re: Minimum Wage: Details Of Lawan, NLC Meeting Over Nationwide Strike by nony43(m): 6:33am On Jul 04, 2019
Just to pay common 30k minimum they are dragging feet up and down
Re: Minimum Wage: Details Of Lawan, NLC Meeting Over Nationwide Strike by senatepresido: 6:33am On Jul 04, 2019
Okay
Re: Minimum Wage: Details Of Lawan, NLC Meeting Over Nationwide Strike by nairalee(m): 6:34am On Jul 04, 2019
Godfullsam:
We don't have a serious government in nigeria.

You mean we don't have a serious Labour.

A government is as serious as its Labour Union

6 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: Details Of Lawan, NLC Meeting Over Nationwide Strike by Godfullsam(m): 6:35am On Jul 04, 2019
We don't have a serious government in nigeria.
Re: Minimum Wage: Details Of Lawan, NLC Meeting Over Nationwide Strike by Nobody: 6:36am On Jul 04, 2019
yahoo yahoo government
Re: Minimum Wage: Details Of Lawan, NLC Meeting Over Nationwide Strike by Nobody: 6:36am On Jul 04, 2019
Like i said, look into the public service, check to see those lazy ones or unnecessary offices. Fire those who aint adding value to the public, then spread the money to the active ones. That is only if you guys are determined not to pay that minimum wages.

Drabeey was Here
Re: Minimum Wage: Details Of Lawan, NLC Meeting Over Nationwide Strike by Kunleskey(m): 6:36am On Jul 04, 2019
hmmm! keep on deceiving the masses.
Re: Minimum Wage: Details Of Lawan, NLC Meeting Over Nationwide Strike by LKO(m): 6:36am On Jul 04, 2019
Greedy Labour and greedy politicians. No one is talking about the unemployed and the struggling small business owners. Even level 17 officers that earns huge salaries already are demanding to benefit from the minimum wage, I learnt they are demanding for 30% increment, Wicked lots. Level 17 nurses commonly referred to as Director of Nursing Services in local govt employ in Delta State earns above 500 hundred thousand naira monthly, they still want to benefit from minimum wage. Many of them are old, they don't want to retire, they are not in tune with modern trends in the nursing profession, many barely knows nothing, they are just matron for mouth. 5% of the nation's population taking away 80% of the nation's revenue. Sadly, they don't generate revenue for government. Idle civil servants.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Minimum Wage: Details Of Lawan, NLC Meeting Over Nationwide Strike by meezynetwork(m): 6:36am On Jul 04, 2019
Which state is paying the agreed minimum wage at the moment in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Minimum Wage: Details Of Lawan, NLC Meeting Over Nationwide Strike by Facile: 6:37am On Jul 04, 2019
For your Bitter kola
See my signature.
Re: Minimum Wage: Details Of Lawan, NLC Meeting Over Nationwide Strike by teadrake(m): 6:37am On Jul 04, 2019
This minimum wage is the greatest scam of this government. Lawal claimed some States are paying already. Which state is that please?? Nigerians don't deserve this kind of shambolic leaders we elected into office
Re: Minimum Wage: Details Of Lawan, NLC Meeting Over Nationwide Strike by symbianDON(m): 6:41am On Jul 04, 2019
I came here to read 'details'.....till now I haven't seen any op! Buhari why??

2 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: Details Of Lawan, NLC Meeting Over Nationwide Strike by mistacoco2: 6:41am On Jul 04, 2019
I don't blame this government but I blame the NLC chairman . He is a failure

1 Like

Re: Minimum Wage: Details Of Lawan, NLC Meeting Over Nationwide Strike by KiggerLomo(m): 6:42am On Jul 04, 2019
They say Nigeria will be better someday!

Me : Abeg tell me the date

2 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: Details Of Lawan, NLC Meeting Over Nationwide Strike by israelmao(m): 6:42am On Jul 04, 2019
It does not take century for the Senate or the Presidency to add their salaries but it takes century to do so for civil servants.
Re: Minimum Wage: Details Of Lawan, NLC Meeting Over Nationwide Strike by Meritocracy: 6:43am On Jul 04, 2019
Which one is personal in demanding their right when your 15million per month is not personal. Labour that supposed to welcome him with Nationwide strike

1 Like

Re: Minimum Wage: Details Of Lawan, NLC Meeting Over Nationwide Strike by symbianDON(m): 6:44am On Jul 04, 2019
KiggerLomo:
They say Nigeria will be better someday!

Me : Abeg tell me the date
don't mind them! the say in our faces but laugh behind our backs! these polithiefcians, they are the real yahoo boys
Re: Minimum Wage: Details Of Lawan, NLC Meeting Over Nationwide Strike by peeps4u: 6:46am On Jul 04, 2019
You see why govt will not take NLC serious or why NLC seems to be asslicking govt? What business does NLC have going with her executive members to go greet and congratulate Lawan over his emergence as SP?

Sincerely, such visit wasn't needed, you don't fraternize with govt like that just like it was wrong seeing CJN dining with Buhari. Such unholy & needless relationship renders NLC just a paper dog and will always have to dance to govt tune.

What do I know?

7 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: Details Of Lawan, NLC Meeting Over Nationwide Strike by emma321(m): 6:47am On Jul 04, 2019
wow
Re: Minimum Wage: Details Of Lawan, NLC Meeting Over Nationwide Strike by prigoz(m): 6:48am On Jul 04, 2019
Irony of life, workers who do the real job are paid peanut while senators who do nothing but their selfish interest business go home with jumbo salaries.

Re: Minimum Wage: Details Of Lawan, NLC Meeting Over Nationwide Strike by yourdj2(m): 6:54am On Jul 04, 2019
This is Nigeria..

Some are barawo...
Hmmmmmmmmm

(1) (2) (Reply)

Withdrawal Of Officers From Vips: Police Deploy Men To Airports, Highways To... / Ibrahim Magu Tells Banks To Provide List Of Corrupt Customers / Gov Bindow, Ribadu Reach Agreement Ahead Of 2019 Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.