Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,070 members, 7,818,192 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:58 AM

20 Most Influential Nigerians--vanguard - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 20 Most Influential Nigerians--vanguard (11772 Views)

We Will Arrest More Influential Nigerians In The Coming Weeks — EFCC Chairman / Saraki tells 3 Ex-Presidents, Influential Nigerians To Come To His Rescue-Nation / List Of The Things Buhari Promised Nigerians - Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 20 Most Influential Nigerians--vanguard by Sagamite(m): 1:42pm On Oct 12, 2010
What a joke list.

OBJ is respected round the would for turning Nigeria around since 1999.

Asa is more influential than King Sunny Ade and Femi Kuti? Are we having a laugh?

Where is Chinua Achebe on the list? But I am seeing someone called Sagoe that I have never head of?

What happened to Bayo Ogunlesi and Hakeem Belo-Osagie?

What about Francis Arinze of the Vatican and Jay Jay Okocha?

What about RMD, Ibrahim Agboola Gambari of the UN, Bola Ajibola?
Re: 20 Most Influential Nigerians--vanguard by EzeCanada: 5:11pm On Oct 12, 2010
In my Own Opinion, these are the influential Nigerians alive - in no order:

Olusegun Obasanjo - present day Nigerian Politics
Ibrahim Badamosi Babangida - within the Nigerian Military
Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu - ethnic politics
Pastor Enoch Adeboye - spiritual (local and international)
Pastor WF Kunmuyi - spiritual (local)
Rev Uma Ukpai - penticostal (local and foreign)
Professor Chinua Achebe - Academic world wide
Professor Wole Sonyinka - in the absence of Gani Fawehinmi (activist)
Aliko Dangote - Economic
General Theophilus Danjuma - Politics and a military bridge builder
Abubakar Olusola Saraki - Ethnic politics
Barrister Femi Falana - civil right
Philip Emegwali - Science (most visited scientist on the Internet)
Nkem Owoh - Movie industry (local and foreign)
Kanu Nwankwo - Nigerian football circle
Chief Anthony Anenih - Nigerian politics past and present
Justice Chukwudifu Oputa - Socrates of the Nigerian bench
The Ibru Family - Economic
Pa Anthony Enahoro - Nigerian polity
Oba of benin dynasty - Ethnic politics
Sultan of Sokoto dynasty - spiritual and politics (most popular being Ahmedu Bello)

, more names coming up
Re: 20 Most Influential Nigerians--vanguard by kunlexist(m): 5:41pm On Oct 12, 2010
@ ileke-idi or idi-ileke, wats ur poit? i suggest u ask urself an honest question, How many people have influenced in your life?
Re: 20 Most Influential Nigerians--vanguard by tushgurl(f): 11:46am On Oct 13, 2010
hehehehehe! I LAFF IN SPANISH, D LIST IS A JOKE,
Re: 20 Most Influential Nigerians--vanguard by ladej(m): 1:31am On Oct 15, 2010
Sagamite:

What a joke list.

OBJ is respected round the would for turning Nigeria around since 1999.

Asa is more influential than King Sunny Ade and Femi Kuti? Are we having a laugh?

Where is Chinua Achebe on the list? But I am seeing someone called Sagoe that I have never head of?

What happened to Bayo Ogunlesi and Hakeem Belo-Osagie?

What about Francis Arinze of the Vatican and Jay Jay Okocha?

What about RMD, Ibrahim Agboola Gambari of the UN, Bola Ajibola?
its not a joke list although a bit controversial like all lists. do bear in mind that the list refers tothe current. you are prolly in your 30s which is why you are aware of sunny ade and femi, but the current youth /916-25) know asa more. just like lil wayne being picked over prince in the US. has to do with age demography. deola sagoe is a well respected fashion designer. google her achievements. she is smoking! okocha yep.
Re: 20 Most Influential Nigerians--vanguard by ladej(m): 1:35am On Oct 15, 2010
onye_ngbu:

1. By real meaning of influential, i dont really believe OBJ is influential. People will not go and do things in nigeria because OBJ 'suggested' it.

2. Sultan of Sokoto is very influential because considering the number of people dat can actually do things he 'suggested'

3. Pastor Adeboye is very influential and so also most religious leaders.

4. Saraki's rigging of elections did not qualify him as influential.

5. Psquare is very influential too cos many young people will do things because of them

Let me add that another nigerian politician who can be influential to an extent is Ojukwu.

So many igbo people see him as eze ndi igbo. Not in my own opinion though.
OBJ forced a sick president on our collective asses. if thats not influential i dont know what is, plus he told IBB to stand down in 2007. bros abegi. again who does the UN go to when there is crisis in africa like the congo one? again OBJ. he is influential whether u like him is quite irrelevant
Re: 20 Most Influential Nigerians--vanguard by ladej(m): 1:40am On Oct 15, 2010
i care:

Ojukwu is influential among is people.

used to be. a joke now amongst the ibos.another political prostitute
Re: 20 Most Influential Nigerians--vanguard by ladej(m): 1:41am On Oct 15, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Osama Bin Laden is influential . . .there is no question about that one.
no doubt kobo grin. the man owns his own day. a whole day each year. whoa
Re: 20 Most Influential Nigerians--vanguard by adconline(m): 5:13am On Oct 15, 2010
They keep getting it wrong on Emeagwali, They should go and do some research about him,
Re: 20 Most Influential Nigerians--vanguard by todan(m): 1:31pm On Oct 15, 2010
I dont even know 75% of the ppl on that list.

How are they influential?   Are we talking abt the same lying, deceitful  Pastor Adeboye? Dear gawd!

What are ur facts, if u don't have one like i think, that should make u a shameful Nigerian. Do u know what u are suffering from , Diarrhea of the mouth with no application of intelligence quotient
Re: 20 Most Influential Nigerians--vanguard by Nobody: 3:33pm On Oct 15, 2010
The most influential people in Nigeria today, in no particular order

1. Goodluck Jonathan
2. Olusegun Obasanjo
3. Ibrahim Babangida
4. Aliko Dangote
5. Dora Akunyili
6. Bola Tinubu
7. D'Banj
8. Babatunde Fashola
9. Lamido Sanusi
10. Enoch Adeboye
11. Sultan Of Sokoto
12. "Gbomo Jomo"
13. Wole Soyinka
14. Attahiru Jega
15. P-square
16. Mike Adenuga
17. Nduka Obaigbena
18. Nuhu Ribadu
19. Chris Oyakhilome
20. Raymond Dokpesi
Re: 20 Most Influential Nigerians--vanguard by Sagamite(m): 7:35pm On Oct 15, 2010
ladej:

its not a joke list although a bit controversial like all lists. do bear in mind that the list refers tothe current. you are prolly in your 30s which is why you are aware of sunny ade and femi, but the current youth /916-25) know asa more. just like lil wayne being picked over prince in the US. has to do with age demography. deola sagoe is a well respected fashion designer. google her achievements. she is smoking! okocha yep.

Look at this man trying to tell me I am old o.

I am only 19 o.
Re: 20 Most Influential Nigerians--vanguard by Nsiman(m): 7:56pm On Oct 15, 2010
They lack what to write, is influential and fame one and the same thing? Anyway they are joking
Re: 20 Most Influential Nigerians--vanguard by PhysicsMHD(m): 8:59pm On Oct 15, 2010
Garbage list.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kogi Press Release On Death By Suicide Of Edward Soje, A Civil Servant / Edo 2020: Timipre Sylva Vows Victory For APC, Says Obaseki’s Incumbency A Ruse / Igbinedion Barred From Entering US - SaharaReporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.