Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,270 members, 7,836,217 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:33 PM

This Is Washington DC USA Flood: Not Nigeria, Not Lagos And Definitely Not Lekki - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / This Is Washington DC USA Flood: Not Nigeria, Not Lagos And Definitely Not Lekki (67583 Views)

How I Missed My First Ever Flight Going From Denver To Washington DC (Pictures) / Mecca, Washington DC And Some No-fly Zones In The World. / These Buses Are Not Lagos BRT Buses (see PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is Washington DC USA Flood: Not Nigeria, Not Lagos And Definitely Not Lekki by mmsen: 8:32am On Jul 09, 2019
jumobi1:

Lol New York City roads aren’t great. The de-icing salt used after it snows doesn’t help. But flooding isn’t a real issue here. US governments take governance serious.

They don't. People in Oakland have taken to filling in potholes by themselves.

And nobody has forgotten about Hurricane Katrina

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Washington DC USA Flood: Not Nigeria, Not Lagos And Definitely Not Lekki by klever18(m): 8:34am On Jul 09, 2019
see stadium for Chicago

2 Likes

Re: This Is Washington DC USA Flood: Not Nigeria, Not Lagos And Definitely Not Lekki by motionarena: 8:44am On Jul 09, 2019
Esseite:
Fresh flood.... compare it to your own flood below..
which one be fresh flood u dey craze grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: This Is Washington DC USA Flood: Not Nigeria, Not Lagos And Definitely Not Lekki by AngelicBeing: 8:44am On Jul 09, 2019
Optional09:
did you know the weather in USA or are you mad comparing USA to that stupid country called Nigeria? I received more than 20 flooding alert 3 days before the flooding.

It’s called flash flooding as you stated it doesn’t last an hour may be
grin
Re: This Is Washington DC USA Flood: Not Nigeria, Not Lagos And Definitely Not Lekki by AngelicBeing: 8:51am On Jul 09, 2019
anonimi:

Is that why Americans are flooding to Nigeria, passing through Libya and the Mediterranean Sea, just to get permanent residency here and work
A lifeless president of a shithole country has no blame in the eyes of his worshipers.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2165170_tinubumumu_jpeg841752a3a8712d5ed9d37dcc8ef65266
wink

1 Like

Re: This Is Washington DC USA Flood: Not Nigeria, Not Lagos And Definitely Not Lekki by crafteck(m): 8:55am On Jul 09, 2019
Esseite:

Takeaway flood

1 Like

Re: This Is Washington DC USA Flood: Not Nigeria, Not Lagos And Definitely Not Lekki by Lokoyen(m): 9:00am On Jul 09, 2019
CarGuideNG:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/9789775_img20190709wa0000_jpeg34e93c3b25e905c2c10bc8aa69c3a29b

Always verify imported vehicle history.

Can you imagine!

What do you think Govt can do to stop this none sense?
Re: This Is Washington DC USA Flood: Not Nigeria, Not Lagos And Definitely Not Lekki by loomer: 9:02am On Jul 09, 2019
kponkedenge:

Is actually true, I just saw the images not too long ago on twitter.
Just so you'll know that flooding occurs everywhere on earth.

Chief, it's not about weds it occurs everywhere or not, it should be about how it gets managed.

If na Nigeria dey get earthquake or hurricane like other countries, u think say houses or roads go still dey naija?
Re: This Is Washington DC USA Flood: Not Nigeria, Not Lagos And Definitely Not Lekki by Shimran(m): 9:09am On Jul 09, 2019
NgeneUkwenu:
I blame Buhari for this..
movie without antagonist is meaningless and watch-less
Re: This Is Washington DC USA Flood: Not Nigeria, Not Lagos And Definitely Not Lekki by timesup234: 9:11am On Jul 09, 2019
The United states of America is one overhyped shiithole fit for only animals. America is 21st century disaster

1 Like

Re: This Is Washington DC USA Flood: Not Nigeria, Not Lagos And Definitely Not Lekki by liverpudian9(m): 9:11am On Jul 09, 2019
NgeneUkwenu:

lol let baba rest now he is now responsible for flooding in usa grin
NgeneUkwenu:

lol let baba rest now he is now responsible for flooding in usa
Re: This Is Washington DC USA Flood: Not Nigeria, Not Lagos And Definitely Not Lekki by Ibrahim6535454: 9:16am On Jul 09, 2019
kolaaderin:
Not Nigeria, Not Lagos And Definitely Not Lekki. This Is Washington DC USA Flood

A dangerous flash flood emergency hit the streets of Washington D.C. during the Monday morning commute.

With three to four inches of heavy rain falling in a short amount of time, the National Weather Service said the area saw significant flash flooding.

The rain left drivers stranded on top of their cars and some metro commuters with water streaming into the station.

"Travel will be EXTRAORDINARILY dangerous," the National Weather Service warned on Twitter. "Stay out of low areas, if in a low area that may flood, seek higher ground. Stay off the roads if at all possible. This is not the 'usual' flooding."
The rain flooded the main power vault at D.C.'s National Archives, closing the building. The National Archives is home to the Declaration of Independence, the Constitution and the Bill of Rights; all those documents are safe, the National Archives and Records Administration said.

The downpour even appears to have affected the White House basement.
D.C. Mayor Muriel Bowser urged drivers to stay off the roads.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/severe-storms-expected-rockies-midwest-102503563--abc-news-topstories.html

Nigeria is more developed than USA, I always say this.

1 Like

Re: This Is Washington DC USA Flood: Not Nigeria, Not Lagos And Definitely Not Lekki by jaxxy(m): 9:16am On Jul 09, 2019
Quite unusual bt was there a forecast about it?
Re: This Is Washington DC USA Flood: Not Nigeria, Not Lagos And Definitely Not Lekki by ChristineC: 9:18am On Jul 09, 2019
Optional09:
did you know the weather in USA or are you mad comparing USA to that stupid country called Nigeria? I received more than 20 flooding alert 3 days before the flooding.

lol leave these ignorant people to massage their egos.

1 Like

Re: This Is Washington DC USA Flood: Not Nigeria, Not Lagos And Definitely Not Lekki by Nobody: 9:22am On Jul 09, 2019
na lie, na oyigbo be dat.

1 Like

Re: This Is Washington DC USA Flood: Not Nigeria, Not Lagos And Definitely Not Lekki by stzy(m): 9:23am On Jul 09, 2019
Esseite:
This thing na Aguda side towards Cele

1 Like

Re: This Is Washington DC USA Flood: Not Nigeria, Not Lagos And Definitely Not Lekki by timesup234: 9:24am On Jul 09, 2019
ChristineC:
lol leave these ignorant people to massage their egos.
hide your face in shame. You are all slaves. America is a shiithole. Sudan is better
Re: This Is Washington DC USA Flood: Not Nigeria, Not Lagos And Definitely Not Lekki by timesup234: 9:25am On Jul 09, 2019
Optional09:

flash flood my ass. America is a shiithole. Only animals should live there.
Re: This Is Washington DC USA Flood: Not Nigeria, Not Lagos And Definitely Not Lekki by ChristineC: 9:25am On Jul 09, 2019
timesup234:
hide your face in shame. You are all slaves. America is a shiithole. Sudan is better
miss me with your derangement.
Re: This Is Washington DC USA Flood: Not Nigeria, Not Lagos And Definitely Not Lekki by Nobody: 9:26am On Jul 09, 2019
Optional09:

flash flooding? you mean it was sent from trumps phone?

2 Likes

Re: This Is Washington DC USA Flood: Not Nigeria, Not Lagos And Definitely Not Lekki by timesup234: 9:26am On Jul 09, 2019
ChristineC:
miss me with your derangement.
yes you are under s serious brainwashing spell. No cure for your stupidity. Nigeria is a trillion times better than America
Re: This Is Washington DC USA Flood: Not Nigeria, Not Lagos And Definitely Not Lekki by CarGuideNG: 9:27am On Jul 09, 2019
Lokoyen:

Can you imagine!

What do you think Govt can do to stop this none sense?

Well, pending any Government actions, we encourage any prospective car buyers to run comprehensive Vehicle History Reports on any vehicles they plan to purchase.

Contact details in signature.
Re: This Is Washington DC USA Flood: Not Nigeria, Not Lagos And Definitely Not Lekki by computerglobal(m): 9:31am On Jul 09, 2019
Be Cautious and obtain a detailed vehicle history report from Computerglobal here on nairaland which can reveal many hidden problems from a vehicle’s past, including flood titles,recalls and more, and also will indicate if a vehicle has been registered in at-risk areas during flood and hurricane seasons.
Consumers could end up saving a great deal of time and money in repairing damages that were unbeknownst to them with they made the purchase.

Re: This Is Washington DC USA Flood: Not Nigeria, Not Lagos And Definitely Not Lekki by Shittabay4nija(m): 9:31am On Jul 09, 2019
I think we should also be mindful that the car owners and not crying or attempting suicide for the loss .
Cos the government will come to their aids and the cars are fully insured.
Be rest assure that it will be like the Yoruba saying . The kings house that was engulf in a fire incident . Will end up adding to the beauty of the house !!!
Re: This Is Washington DC USA Flood: Not Nigeria, Not Lagos And Definitely Not Lekki by computerglobal(m): 9:33am On Jul 09, 2019

Re: This Is Washington DC USA Flood: Not Nigeria, Not Lagos And Definitely Not Lekki by Barzinime(m): 9:35am On Jul 09, 2019
You are part of the problems of Nigeria.
Open your ungrateful mouth and say trash about the country thinking you are intelligent.
Can you tell me what causes flood?

Optional09:

1 Like

Re: This Is Washington DC USA Flood: Not Nigeria, Not Lagos And Definitely Not Lekki by Optional09: 9:36am On Jul 09, 2019
some of you even know better, did you know how much planning, infrastructures and hardwork goes into making sure disasters is controlled in the US? if Nigeria can do 20 percent of what the US is doing there will be no single drop of water after any magnitude of rain in Nigeria.

You’re here defending nonsense when Nigeria is madly rich enough to build the best country in the world.

An individual can steal $1trillion meant for infrastructure in Nigeria all his monkey followers will be jumping after him asking for banana
Re: This Is Washington DC USA Flood: Not Nigeria, Not Lagos And Definitely Not Lekki by computerglobal(m): 9:38am On Jul 09, 2019
lorenzos1:
Don't worry u will soon see those flooded cars on Nigerian roads..

It's important to do your due diligence before buying a car, which includes checking for mechanical problems, accident history and assessing the vehicle's overall condition. We also recommend checking for flood damage, which can have a serious effect on your vehicle's long-term reliability.

Contact Computerglobal for a comprehensive report before you purchase any vehicle

Re: This Is Washington DC USA Flood: Not Nigeria, Not Lagos And Definitely Not Lekki by Stillthebest: 9:42am On Jul 09, 2019
Whatever that causes flood in Washington will definitely wash away Nigeria? Poster trying to justify flood in Lagos or Nigeria ... 1 hour slightly heavy rain in Ogba Lagos everywhere don flood up...
Re: This Is Washington DC USA Flood: Not Nigeria, Not Lagos And Definitely Not Lekki by Lamzzyy(m): 9:59am On Jul 09, 2019
Oya na make una dey ship tokumbo motors dey come tongue
Re: This Is Washington DC USA Flood: Not Nigeria, Not Lagos And Definitely Not Lekki by jumobi1(m): 10:09am On Jul 09, 2019
mmsen:

They don't. People in Oakland have taken to filling in potholes by themselves.

And nobody has forgotten about Hurricane Katrina

Or Flint Michigan. With that said, I stand behind my statement. The US takes governance seriously.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Carverton Helicopters' Premises Sealed Off In Port Harcourt (Photo) / Where The Original Indigenes Of Abuja Now Live (pics, Video) / I'm Travelling By Air For The First Time Tomorrow, Pls Advice Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.